Scream // 5sos

By BritishBums

In a small town where everybody knows everybody, a string of mysterious murders causes a group of teenage fri... More

the cast
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

six

8.6K 705 1K
By BritishBums

-

-

- Evie -

-

After an endless makeout session with Tom, he was just about to unzip my dress before I hear rustling from the bushes outside.

"Tom, stop." I panted, my fingers digging into his hair.

He did as said, his eyes locking with mine.

"What is it?"

"I.." I couldn't get the words out.

"If it's because you're underage, and you're still in high school.."

"That is the least of our problems here. I just fucking heard something outside. Someone is watching us." I cursed, lightly pushing him away.

He pulls the black gun from his back pocket out. "Stay here."

"I'm not going to stay anywhere." I told him, slightly narrowing my eyes.

"Are you always this difficult?"

"Always." I whispered, following close behind him as he turned around, slowly approaching the backyard door.

We both visibly jumped at the sound of my phone vibrating as I breathed out.

I picked it out from my dress pocket, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hi there, Evie."

I looked at the caller ID, only to read unknown number in big letters.

"What do you want? Just tell me what you want, you psychotic son of a bitch." I spat venom with each word that left my lips, Tom glancing back at me.

My chest rose up and down heavily and unevenly, my breath hitching in my throat.

My fingers gripped my phone, tears forming in my eyes.

"What can I say, Evie? You say tomato, I say to-mah-to." He laughed eerily, as I screamed in frustration throwing my phone at the wall in front of me.

This was supposed to be a joke, it had to be at one point. But then Stacey died, and her heart turned up at Mallory's doorstep.

How the hell could he know where we were and how we were all at the same place at the same time? It puzzled me, only leaving me with no choice but to point a finger at just anyone.

I gasped, my hands flying to my lips as the telephone on the counter rang loudly.

"Tom!" I screamed. "Tom get in here!" I shouted, my voice cracking.

He rushed in, heading straight for me as he held me to his chest.

"No one was out there, Evie." He spoke into my hair as I pulled away from him.

"He called me. He could have been anywhere." I said shakily, gritting my teeth.

The ringing stopped, Mallory's voicemail recording going on.

The phone beeped, the same low voice speaking.

"How would Michael like to know about your little hook up with the town's officer, Evie? How would all your friends like to know how much of a desperate whore you are?"

"Stop! Make it fucking stop!" I cried, backing away as my back hit the wall roughly.

Tom had angrily ran to the phone, picking it up.

"You think you're so smart, you think you can keep this up you prick? We're going to catch you, whoever the hell you are." He shouted.

"What if I said.. I wasn't the only one?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on, you know exactly what I'm saying Officer Hanson. What if, I had eyes everywhere? There's two of me, there's three.. Maybe four. I could be watching you talk on the phone right now."

"Hang up the phone, Tom." I gripped the roots of my hair, sliding down to the floor.

"Still think you can catch me? With your petty detective, and horror movie material teenagers. I'll knock them down one by one, listen to me now, Hanson. They'll be like fucking dominos, causing a chain reaction amongst themselves. Paranoia will eat their brains out."

"Tom, just hang up the phone!" I cried, my hands shaking vigorously.

He slammed the phone onto its holder, making me flinch.

"Evie we have to go."

"Okay.. O-okay." I stammered, blinking my tears away.

-

-

- Mallory -

-

Luke sat next to me in the waiting room of the hospital, his hand tightly and nervously gripping mine.

I stared at him, his blue eyes sad, almost panicked that this happened.

Was this their plan? Did Ghostface have this hate for all of us so much, that he'd continue to break us?

I blinked my tears away, as I looked over at Hailey who was talking to a nurse.

I felt terrible for all of us, knowing there was no way of getting out of this at all, but even worse for Hailey.

She witnessed Lola's death, and she seemed to be the focus of attention to this psycho, whoever it really was.

"Where's Evie? God, she just vanished. We need to find her." Luke's voice was hoarse from crying earlier, as I squeezed his hand.

"She's with Officer Hanson."

He sighed, closing his eyes. "We don't deserve any of this. Why? Why are they doing this?"

"Well the killer clearly has something against us." Calum shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows.

"So much against us, that he wants us all dead?" Luke dropped my hand, his fingers running through his blonde hair.

Hailey walked over to us, her eyes bloodshot and cheeks red.

"I.. I couldn't save her. How stupid am I?" She cried, biting on her lower lip.

"You did save her." My eyes softened, as I stood up and took her into a tight embrace.

"She told me she saw who stabbed her." She whispered.

"What? Who? Hailey, this could solve all of this.'' Michael's eyes widened.

"I know that Michael, and that's why the first thing I did was call Detective Jones to tell him. He's coming in first thing as soon as he collects the evidence at Mal's."

"Wait, what evidence.." Ashton butted right in, his eyes on Hailey.

She didn't look at him once, instead she looked at me.

"I can't do this. I'm not telling him this." She said softly, sniffling as she walked away from us.

"Ashton." I breathed out, his eyes on me.

"What? What was it?"

"I-it was Stacey's heart in a box.''

His lips parted, and then pressed them together, as Luke cursed shakily.

"This is too far. This is going too far.'' Calum got to his feet, anxiously pacing back and forth.

"I'm sick of this. We can't do anything but sit and wait for something to happen. We.. We've got to stick together from now on." Michael sighed.

As the automatic doors swung open, my eyes darted over to it immediately.

It was officer Hanson and Evie.

"Evie, thank God. Are you okay?" Michael's eyes settled on her as well, a sense of relief coming from him.

She was speechless, as the officer had stayed behind.

Michael runs towards her, taking her into his arms.

He tightly held her, as tears left her eyes.

I watched closely as she had looked back at officer Hanson before she just nodded once at him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

What the hell was going on this time?

-

-

- Hailey -

-

I pushed the door open into Lola's hospital room, as I sighed in relief.

She was still where she was left.

The nurse that I was just talking to told me that she was in stable condition and that she should wake up in about an hour or two. She also told me that Lola lost tons of blood after the incident but she'd be okay with a lot of rest.

Her parents were also on the way, I overheard a phone call that one of the nurses were having over the phone.

What exactly would have happened if I didn't find her? What if I didn't follow her?

The fact that if I found her any later shook me.

She could have been dead, and any of us could have been.

My phone rings in my pocket as I froze, slowly pulling it out.

I gulped, leaning on the doorframe as I pressed it to my ear.

"Hailey."

"Stop this." I shakily spoke through gritted teeth.

"You want it to stop? All I wanted was to play a game, and you turned me down."

"So you kill Stacey? And hurt Lola?" I threatened. ''Mark my words you sadistic bastard. I'll watch you die myself!" I shouted.

"Stacey was just another bitchy cheerleader and Lola another punk rock wannabe. I was doing the world a favor."

"What do you want? Just tell me what you want. Money?"

"I already told you what I wanted Hailey, don't play stupid. I want you dead. And I want the ones you love dead too."

"I'm done with you." I snapped.

"No you aren't. Not until I say so."

I end the call, shoving my phone back into my pocket.

Lastly glancing at Lola who had breathed softly, I turned around and quickly left the room.

-

-

****

-

Detective Jones took us in for questioning again the next morning before school, although it was only me and Ashton that went.

I had wondered if yesterday he got to talk to Lola, maybe figure this all out once and for all.

I saw Ashton that morning, sitting right outside his office in a black hoodie, and skinny jeans, his hair messy.

"Hey." I said. He seemed to be so in thought that he didn't even realize I already sat down right next to him.

"Morning." His voice was husky, something I found really interesting about him in the AM.

"I'm.. I'm really sorry."

"For what?" He glanced at me.

"For not being understanding enough. I can see you going through hell without her. Stacey. And I'm just adding onto it, treating you like shit." I shook my head, leaning back on the wall.

"You're wrong. I'm not going through hell, in fact, I've felt more free than I ever have being under her control.'' He rose his eyebrows, his eyes training on me.

"I'm here for you. Whatever you're feeling." I said, turning to him.

"I still like you, Hailey. And sometime when we catch the person behind all this, I want to be with you without having to worry about the past." Ashton explained nervously, his long fingers folding together.

I stared at him, pulling a small smile. "Come here." I whispered, holding my arms out.

He took me into a hug, as I buried my face into his shoulder.

And that was the safest I've ever felt, the past week. In his arms.

-

-

_____________________________

-

-

a/n : hailey and ashton are just sjkdjdnd

but yeah, uM a lot is just sitting there like evie's secret affair with the officer and michael not knowing, lola knowing who might be the possible suspect, hailey and ashton wanting to be together but not getting to bc of stacey and the guilt, the fact that there might be more than one ghostface, and WOW OKAY I WONDER WHATS GONNA HAPPEN

DONT ASK ME

BUT AHSJWJE YEAH!

SINCE YOU GUYS REACH THE COMMENTS WAY TOO FAST AND I NEED TO BUY TIME TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER, GET THIS TO 400 COMMENTS AND 200 VOTES FOR THE NEXT ONE :)

ILYSM GUYS, THANKS FOR READING

COMMENT YOUR PREDICTIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY, I'D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK

-

- Mia ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 81 21
I read my assignment once again. "A bunch of teenargers?" I thought to myself. "No way this will be hard." And so it all begun...
2.1K 89 29
Ashton, my twin brother, Calum, my best friend, Michael, one of my closet friends and Luke, the new kid in school. What do they all have in common? A...
101K 3.3K 58
Where Michael thought that he was genuinely going crazy, but three certain murderers just wanted him to feel that way. Luke, Ashton, and Calum always...
716 6 25
A group of friends live in a town called hutchersville, it's a small town where everyone knows everyone but one night when they lost their dear frien...