The Duke's Surreptitious Ways...

Af MsDreamerGirl84

Highes Rating in GenFic: # 4 He was the perfect man and every girl desperately wants him. He was loyal to his... Mere

Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Here comes Fake Ass
Chapter 2: Never ignore your instinct!
Chapter 3: There's never be us!
Chapter 4: Mrs. Valiente's temper
Chapter 6: Mysterious GP
Chapter 7: They say you don't know what you've got until it's gone.
Chapter 8: Mommy's Knows Best
Chapter 9: The Ailing Duke
Chapter 10: The Mysterious Girl
Chapter 11: Admission
Chapter 12: Bar Hopping
Chapter 13: Furious Lover
Chapter 14: Resistance
Chapter 15: Banter
Chapter 16: Date
Chapter 17: Tease
Chapter 18: Hopeless
Random Advertisement
Chapter 19: Sulking
Chapter 20: Picnic
Chapter 21: Visitor
Chapter 22: Heat
Chapter 23: Strike
Chapter 24: Proposal
Chapter 25: Cold Night
Chapter 26: Drugged
Chapter 27: Goodnight
Please!!!
Chapter 28: Old Duke's Game
Chapter 29: Comfrontation and the Sly Duke
Sequel to this (Will be a long wait)
Chapter 30: Press Conference
Chapter 31: Vegas
Chapter 32: Drive Thru Wedding
Chapter 33: Final Chapter
Sasha Beth's Book Teaser
Epilogue 1: Ball Wedding Part 1
Epilogue 1: Ball Wedding Part 2
The Vixen and the Caveman
Maddening Max
Epilogue 2

Chapter 5: Moving On

65.5K 1.9K 100
Af MsDreamerGirl84

Natalia's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Angelik pressed me like a million times and I nodded my head, yet again.

"Yes, I'm sure, just like the day I broke up with that pig!" I glared at her and she let out an uncontrollable giggle.

"Are you sure you moved on?" she teased me, her eyes twinkles like the sun at midday, and I just rolled my eyes. "Every time you open that lips, you never failed to mention his interesting pet name," she got out of the couch, her eyes filled with amusement, and strutted to the kitchen at the next room just behind the couch where I was sitting. I could see her reflection from the TV screen that was paused.

We are actually living at Max's house since he barely stayed here. He most likely lived in the hospital dorm, so he offered his place to us. Angelik used to live alone since she moved here, Max insisted she will use it instead.

Everything screams masculine, dark carpet and furniture, complemented the ivory interior of the house.

I just loved tall ceilings and just how Max describes it.

A smile crept up to my face remembering his words, he quoted, "I adored tall ceilings, somehow the same way like we adore long legs," and then the way he chuckled and how his chest vibrated when he laughed, he looks more desirable than his brooding look.

It's the same way we adore tall men. Tall, dark, and handsome!

Raffy's face flashed through my head and I quickly wipe it away. "No time to think of that pig!" I hissed to myself, and shook my head deliberately as I trained my eyes on the paused screen, I could still see the Zombies aimlessly walking around, and it gives me goosebumps everywhere of my body.

I hated suspense, and this series just almost made me shit my pants. It freaks the hell out of me.

Angelik is definitely enjoying this show, the walking dead. "Can we watch another one, please?" I asked a bit louder so she can hear me.

"NO!" I've been waiting for this season!" I heard her walking back towards me and I puff an air in frustrations. She can be bossy at times.

"When we are done with this show, I'm damned traumatized!" I glared at her and she just laughed at me to my chagrin.

I gave her a hard and sharpest look as she rounded the couch and stood closer to me, but she just cocked her eyebrow. "You need to chill, girl!" she teases and then places my juice on the coffee table and the mixed fruits on a bowl — cut apples, grapes, and strawberries — and place it beside my juice. Her eyes stared at the screen again as she played it back on, with a wide smile on her lips.

"This is really gut-wrenching. Can't we watch something that has romance? Not this zombie eating brains!" I closed my eyes when the Asian guy, by the name Glenn, fell with the other guy, with the guy on top of him and the zombies were busy eating his friend.

I honestly want to puke at that moment. I involuntarily grab the cushion beside me and covered my eyes. I knew, I'm going to have nightmares after this.

"I'm sure Glenn is fine," I heard Angelik giggled and munch the fruits.

"Hey, it's over," she said and I felt paralyzed.

"Angelik, I'm so done with that show!" I grumbled, completely annoyed and disgusted.

"Fine, fine! But I love Glenn and Daryl!" she whined so adorably her eyelashes batting that made me chuckled softly. I heard nothing from the screen so I assumed she turned it off. I put down the cushion again and stared at her, to be exact, killing her with my eyes.

She flashed me a toothy grin and I just grit my teeth, swallowing back the words I want to lash out at her.

God, I can't really ride her whims. She's totally different. A daredevil, but it is what I want. She's very strong, and she can be very manipulative and I want to learn it. I want to be as strong head as she is.

"Stop chickening out. I thought you want to show that "pig" as you refer him," then she giggled at mentioning the pet name I gave to Raffy, "that you move on and you're stronger than what he thought," she reminded me. "And sometimes, you need to grow some horns, Iya!" she rolled her eyes and change the channel.

"Actually, it's not really painful now. Not seeing him and talking to him actually helps a lot. It doesn't hurt anymore," I sighed. It is true. I kind of feel better than before. It's not so bad after all.

"Good because tears are too precious to waste for undeserving species," she pointed out, yet again, and I just grinned cheekily as a response. She turned the TV off then she faces me, leaning her back against the armrest at the end of the couch, knee bent while the fruit bowl resting on her lap.

"Whenever I hear someone saying that she can't move on, that she still loves him, despite everything he had done, blah... blah... I want to punch them!" she ranted, obviously annoyed as she grimaced. "I don't believe them, we can control our hearts, we can, if we want to," her tone were so confident and I unconsciously nodded. Such a strong spirit, and I'm growing to like her more. Elle and Angelik were so opposite, but I used to love Elle more than her, but she's not going to find out.

"Know what?" she places the bowl on the coffee table and stared at me with a serious expression. "You should come tonight. Sulking here does no good to you. Mingling with the bachelors will surely help you overcome that "pig", the soonest." She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively and I cringed inwardly. "And who knows? Maybe he's in that party, waiting for you," Angelik's face lit up like a bulb and her eyes twinkled like she just discovered a treasure.

"I don't want another rock to hit in my head. I've had enough. For now, I will focus on my career," I said in a bored tone and lay horizontally on the couch, adjacent to her. Hugging the small square cushion against my chest, I stared at the tall ceiling.

Max really had a good taste. The place looks so neat and spacious.

"Are you happy with your relationship with Max?" I abruptly spewed out before I could think.

When I look at her, she just stared at me like she was lost. She curled her lips like she was thinking. Her face was neutral, and I couldn't read her face.

"Max and I were not really in a relationship," she said staring intently at me. My eyebrows pressed together in confusion. I thought they were in a relationship. "I don't know. He said, he likes me and I like him, but we are just friends, though sometimes we kissed," she shrugged her shoulders than she slid her ass and lay flat on her back, matching my position. I stared back at the ceiling.

"So kind of friends with benefits?" I probe.

"Not really," she responded briefly.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I don't understand either. I like him a lot, but we can't force someone to like us like how much we like them, so I'd rather not think about it and just enjoyed what he can offer, than forcing something to happen if it doesn't happen." She sounded a little broken, yet determined.

"Are you happy with that?" I couldn't contain my curiosity.

"Well, I'm happy with his friendship. He's genuine and honest. And, I'm not ready to commit completely anyway, so I guess, I'm happy for whatever he serves on my plate."

I sighed. She's really tough and she knows how to handle things without breaking apart. Our break up and Raffy really affects me. I don't know how long am I going to completely erase him out of my system, though it doesn't hurt as much as before. As they say, 'only time heals all wounds' and I'm holding onto that.

"You know, Giovanni Piere and Lucas Angelo Santorini are both eligible bachelor and I tell you, they are both mega yummy. If Max decided to find another girl and ignored me, I'll seduce either one of those Santorini's," she giggled and I snap my head in her direction, eyeing her incredulously.

She was also staring at me. "Hey, don't judge me!" she widens her eyes playfully at me and I chuckled. She's really something.

I suddenly got curious. I heard about Lucas Angelo. Another hot shot bachelor and a gigolo, but his brother? Giovanni Piere never appeared on any media. He despises the limelight for some reason. I heard he's very mysterious and women here, are dying to have him even for a night, yet he was never seen with anyone.

"When is the party?" I asked.

She bolted upright and eyes lit up like a bulb, clapping her hands enthusiastically. "Eight!" She exclaimed, eyes twinkling with joy. "We should start preparing," she excitedly tugs my hand and before I knew it, we were up in my bedroom rummaging through my dresses.

It's only three in the afternoon and we are both off today and tomorrow. We both work until three in the morning, last night.

We've been through all my dresses and yet nothing seem to catch my interest.

All my dresses exploded all over my bed and some were on the furry carpet. I plopped on the edge of my bed not bothering if I sat on a pile of dresses and sighed deeply. My eyes still wandering around the cluttered mess of dresses, hoping to find one that we missed.

I have a ridiculous amount of dresses yet nothing seems to suit my taste. Most of it I wore once and that's it, I lost interest after then.

Why?

It's almost four and if I'll go to the mall, I will be running late to the party. I don't want Max and Angelik to wait.

Angelik is in her room now, leaving me hopeless. She was with me the whole time of searching and left me, frustrated, because I couldn't make up my mind. Every dress she picks, I just shook my head, or curled my lips signaling "no" or I would be sighing deeply.

"You haven't decided yet?" I snap my head in the door where she was standing holding a dress on a hanger.

The dress looks simply stunning and I'm sure she will rock it.

Puffing an air forcefully out of my mouth before responding. "Yes," as I sighed.

She scrunched her forehead, then shook her head incredulously. When she remembers why she's here, she lifted her hand with the dress dangling in front of me.

"Do you think this is perfect for tonight? Something not too flashy," she asked. Her face peering over the hanger.

"That's perfect!" I exclaimed. Her face lit up with pride, but then scrunched up when she looks around my room again.

"Are you sure you look at them all?" she asked as she averted her eyes to me again. I nodded my head languidly and roamed my eyes again at the scattered heaps of dresses.

Different vibrant colors, styles, and trends, but none caught my interest. I don't understand why I bought those dresses in the first place?

My eyes whipped back to Angelik's direction. She hangs the hanger in my door knob and walks in across the room. Then, she stood at the foot of my bed and rummaged through the heaps of scattered dresses on my bed.

I just watched her completely hopeless when suddenly my eyes glowed when I saw the white dress she just pulled out of the piles.

"That white!" I screeched and got out of my bed, and stalks towards her. I grab the white mini dress with a wide smile.

When I checked the tag if it's still there, my smile widens. I knew it. I haven't worn the dress. I completely forgot about it.

"Don't you think you need a more revealing dress to show to that asshole what gem he just threw away?" Angelik crosses her hands over her chest and stared at me with a cocked eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Angel, revealing is not the only way to show him how much of a gem I am." I pointed out as I put the clothes in front of me and walked towards the closet to check it again if it looks nice on me.

"Not bad!" Angelik said behind me and I look at the mirror and meet her eyes. She was looking at the mirror as well, staring at the dress. "That dress would surely look better with a nude stiletto," she commented and I nodded my head in agreement. An idea already playing along in my head. I just smiled in response. My eyes dancing as I watch the dress hanging over my chest, with the hem just hit mid-thigh. "I really want you to wear a bit revealing than that!" Angelik sounds frustrated and I grinned.

I pulled the dress away and clutch it to my chest, then face her. "I'll just ignore his presence and smile as often as I can, laugh more than he ever heard me laugh, and mingle with the other gentlemen. It doesn't make any difference what clothes I wear, Angel. That really sounds too desperate." I smiled at her to reassure her that I'm fine and I don't really care what he's going to think.

To completely forget him, is to get him out of my head. Retaliation is only for those desperate women. Even competing with all these girls he hangs out with will only make his head bigger.

We are over and I'm done.

I'm done impressing him. I'm done thinking about him, and I'm freaking done loving him.

Tonight, I will enjoy my freedom and probably opens my heart again for those who are willing to respect me for who I am and most of all, love me deeply and not just a sort of display.

I smiled at my thought. I'm probably a shallow sometimes, but it doesn't mean, I have a shallow characteristic. People can learn from their mistakes, from their past, and I'm definitely one of them.

"Well, you're right," Angelik said in a resigned voice. I giggled and walk towards her. Curling my other hand around her shoulder, I led her back in my bed.

"I know you want him to feel remorseful, Angel, and thank you for always there for me. You are a true friend, but you must know that sometimes, keeping it cool and laugh a lot is the sweetest revenge, though I have no plans of taking a revenge. I'm mature enough to handle heartbreaks. And I won't let this heart to rule over me and destroyed me because I failed." Angelik chuckled and I pulled my hand away then I face her with so much pride. "That's why the head is above our heart," I said, my index finger pointing at my head and she nods her head in agreement.

"I can't believe I'm talking to you! Honestly, I like the result of your break-ups. You seriously grown matured and it felt surreal," Angelik mused. "Good for you, Iya!" and then she pulled me for a hug. I return the gesture and we both laugh.

.

.

"You both look stunning tonight," Max complimented as he casually scanned us up and down, his eyes filled with sincerity.

He opens the door for us and let us in. The guard ushered us to the elevator and then salute Max before leaving us alone. Angelik was just staring at Max who was standing in front of us, tapping on his phone as usual.

He looks awesomely hot in his rugged outfit, a striped tee paired with denim jeans and a tan leather jacket completed with tan shoes. I bet he only run his thick hair with his fingers, noting his messy hair, but he still looks so devastatingly gorgeous, no matter what he wears.

As soon as we reach the double door that said, penthouse, I heaved an inaudible sighed and place a smile on my face, my palms casually smooth out the crease of my tight fitting mini-dress.

"Hey," a rich velvety voice welcomed Max and pulled him for a brief hug before facing us. My eyes glued on the demigod in front of us. I swear I just swallowed my tongue.

"Luc, this are my girls, Angelik Mailov, you met her once, and this is Natalia Petropoulis, I'm not sure if you have met already, but I can assure you, she's single and ready to mingle," Max blabbered continuously and winks at me. I just realized what he just said and I glared at him. He only brushes it off. "And she's not!" he gave Angelik a dark and intense stare before returning it back to me and Luc.

"Ladies, this hot ass here is Lucas Angelo Santorini, second heir to the Santorini Empire, and one of the New York man-slut if that's how you refer men who bed every living thing that wears a skirt.

"Fuck off, Max!" Luc playfully growled and we chuckled.

Lucas gave us a welcoming hug and kisses, then ushered us inside the room that was filled with socialites. I came to a conclusion that this Lucas guy is a charmer, no wonder women are falling on his feet.

Luc grabs a flute of champagne and handed it to me, then another one for Angelik while Max grabs his own. I was standing beside Angelik and on her side was Max. Max was talking to Lucas and I just roamed my eyes across the room.

"There's Raffy," Angelik whispered to me and when I look on where she's staring, I saw Raffy with another hot yet dangerous looking guy. "He's Giovanni Pierce Santorini, the mysterious son of Giovanni Leone Santorini and Athena Giudici, the detached demigod, as I refer him," Angelik added on. My eyes glued on his mouthwatering face. There's that feeling where you kind of scared of him, yet it feels good.

Dangerously alarming yet stimulating.

Cut it out, Iya! I quickly look away and then my eyes met his. Rafael Benedict Valiente was staring at me hard and intense. His eyes were dark and lips were tight, jaws seem rooted.

I wanted to look away, but I can't. I missed him, terribly, but I won't let him know about it, not ever.

I smirked and then casually look away. Nice move, Iya. I applauded myself inwardly. My eyes suddenly shot in his direction when I felt him coming.

GO AWAY! I hissed inwardly, but my eyes locked at the demigod who was making his way towards me. His back was straight, his head held high, shoulders back, and chest was out. His strides were purposeful, and he looks imposing, in control, and powerful.

......

A/N: Here you go, guys. I hope this chapter makes it up for the very long wait.

For those who wants to see how I pictured Max and Angelik. Here they are. Their features are not entirely right. I change the colors of their eyes, hairs for example.

I think Max here were the mixed of Matt Bomer as Stavros Demakis and Miranda Kerr as Alessandra De La Vega. Krysten Ritter as Angelik Mailov, on the other hand, looks like Anne Hathaway as Lauren Mailov, formerly Leventis. 

Let me know what do you think.

Pictures of GP Santorini and Lucas Angelo Santorini. I think GP looks mysterious enough, I'm not sure. I think he's perfect for being snobby, temperamental, and detach. While Lucas just like Giovanni, has this wicked smile.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

285K 4.2K 11
In this captivating tale, get ready to be swept away by the fiery romance between a spoiled and irresistible future Duke and a fiercely ambitious Afr...
536K 8.2K 55
"All because of a stoner." 7 minutes wasn't enough for her she needs 7 hours 7 days 7 months 7 years 7 decades with him. Being with the hottest guy i...
4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
1.7M 63.7K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...