Call Me Ella (ft. Niall Horan)

By BelWatson

Yes, I lost my father and he was the best man in the whole world. Yes, I have a stepmother who is a wi... More

Before Reading!
Prologue - Shitty Fairytale
Chapter 2 - Toilet Girl
Chapter 3 - Moth Guy
Chapter 4 - Eighteen
Chapter 5 - Preparations
Chapter 6 - Gossips
Chapter 7 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 8 - The Summer Ball
Chapter 9 - Runaway Cinderella
Chapter 10 - The Boss
Chapter 11 - Sorting Hat
Chapter 12 - Looking For Prince Charming
Chapter 13 - Prince Charming
Chapter 14 - Niall Horan
Chapter 15 - Love Notes
Chapter 16 - Conversation
Chapter 17 - Riding
Chapter 18 - Get The Prince
Chapter 19 - Imminent Breakup
Chapter 20 - Breakup
Chapter 21 - The Plan
Chapter 22 - My Friend Harry
Chapter 23 - Under Control
Chapter 24 - Confession
Chapter 25 - Cheesiness
Chapter 26 - Relationship
Chapter 27 - Falling
Chapter 28 - Blessings
Chapter 29 - Part Of The Family
Chapter 30 - Decision
Chapter 31 - Satisfaction
Chapter 32 - Heartbreak
Chapter 33 - Expiration Date
Chapter 34 - New Life
Chapter 35 - Hero
Epilogue - Happy Endings
Sequel? Sequel!

Chapter 1 - Summer Time

555K 12.6K 4.9K
By BelWatson

Chapter 1 - Summer Time

The bell rings and I groan. Contrary to all my classmates, I dread this day. I know I should be happy; school is over. More than over as this is my last year. But I can’t be happy because it means another summer working full time at Rhonda’s. Another summer with my stepsisters pissing me off, forcing me to help them to catch the eye of some celebrity, even if that mentioned celebrity is twice their age. Nothing can stop those social climbers. They only dream of marrying a famous person and living the ‘dream life’. How can people be so stupid? Seriously, who wants that?

I know this is my last summer with them, because after this I leave to Uni and I don’t plan on going back. Ever. I’ll study medicine, get my degree and then travel the world helping as much as I can. Mum always wanted me to be a doctor and help people, when Dad started the retreat centre he hoped I would work there, being the doctor of that place. Now I will never come back to this place, I don’t plan on helping famous people who only remind me of what that place used to be.

“Ella! C’mon, leave your seat!” I hear a masculine voice and I raise my glace to meet Charlie’s eyes.

Charlie is my best friend, a cute and fun brunet with a buzzed cut and warm hazel eyes. We’ve been best friends since we were kids and he has helped me to keep my sanity. God bless his soul. I would’ve lost it years ago it if hadn’t been because of him.

“I don’t wanna go home,” I whine greeting my desk with my face. Ouch, that hurts.

“I know but you can’t stay in school when it’s over! Move that lovely arse of you,” he jokes pulling my arm.

“What arse?” I ask and he chuckles. Let’s just put it this way: my butt is not my most attractive quality, no one notices it and Charlie knows that. “I never got one.”

“You do have one and you’re only making things worse for it if you stay there, so get up! Don’t make me use the Force,” he insists and I chuckle.

We may or may not be Star Wars fans.

“Okay, okay,” I agree with a deep sigh. The classroom is empty and I pick up my textbook and notebook, throw them inside my backpack and stand up.

Charlie is smiling at me brightly, but I can’t be as excited as him. He loves summer because he gets to do many things with his family, they go out and have fun. He’s so lucky, he has a great family. A bit over-protective, but they are like that just because they adore Charlie. He is also an only child. I’ve always said his family should totally adopt me and we’ll be all happy.

“By the way, I have a surprise for you,” Charlie adds as we make our way out of school. I’ll miss this place, it was my sanctuary. I wasn’t popular, I barely had friends, but I was Rhonda-free and that’s the most beautiful thing in the world.

With my arm looped around his I arch my eyebrows, “And what would that be, oh lovely Charles?” I ask in my best posh accent, mocking him. His family is quite wealthy. Mine has a great income, c’mon, they have a retreat for celebrities! But I never see a quid of that.

“Dad told me that if I want to become a man before Uni I need to act like one, so this summer I’ll work,” he starts and I nod so he knows I’m following him. Charlie has never worked in his life so I’m really intrigued here. We’re going together to Uni to study medicine. We have so many plans for the future! I can’t wait for this summer to be over.

“And what do you have in mind?” I ask as we head to his car, an old truck. He says it’s a classic, so be careful to insult his baby in front of him. He spends so many hours fixing that truck, seriously, he is obsessed. All I see is metal and rubber, whilst he sees a vehicle with soul and heart. My friend is very special.

“In fact, I already have a job,” he tells me, opening the door for me like a gentleman. Charlie has the best manners ever and we all have to thank Mrs St. James for that. Such a lovely woman. “Guess what? You won’t be that alone this summer.”

I freeze there, staring at him with disbelief written all over my face. I blink a couple of times as if like that everything will make sense. But no, we’re still in his truck and he is still staring at me with an amused smile.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I exclaim and he laughs. Charlie laughs! “You can’t work for Rhonda. Anything is better than that! Run away from her and if you can take me with you, then do it! I’m trapped with her, you don’t have to,” I cry out grabbing his arm in a desperate gesture.

Still chuckling, he places his other hand over mine. “Relax, it’s gonna be fine. It’s only one summer and something tells me you’ll need me more than ever this time. I don’t want you killing anyone before we leave to Uni. Plus, I may get to take some pictures with celebrities,” he winks at me but I shake my head. “It’s already done, Ella. I talked to Mrs Drennan already and signed the contract. I start tomorrow morning.”

“And what are you gonna do, uh? Clean rooms and toilets like me?” I spat. I can’t believe he is this stupid.

“Nope,” he replies popping the P as he starts the ignition. “You know I’m good with engines so I’ll work with all the cars and stuff. Also as a lifeguard some days.”

“You’re the biggest idiot ever, I just want you to know that,” I point out, folding my arms, mad at him.

“You’ll thank me later for taking this job. Plus, if I survive your stepmonster, I can face anything in life.” I chuckle because he is right. I just hope he survives.

+ + + + +

I groan as I walk in the room. How can one celebrity be this messy? They only make my work harder. I know this is a retreat centre and they come here to relax and everything, but they are merciless. They just toss everything at the floor and believe me: bathrooms give me the chills. I don’t really wanna know what they do in there. I’ve found so many things for a life in therapy. But this is my job and summer already began. There’s nothing else to do at school, we already had our ceremonies and balls. I even was allowed to go to the ball with Charlie. It was nice for once.

Charlie and I have been working here a week already and he is doing fine. He’s seen Rhonda yelling at everyone and I know he is scared, so he tries not to cross her. I can’t complain, literally. But Charlie was right in one thing: It’s great to have him here. We can chill together at night —because all Drennan’s Retreat Centre employees live in the complex from Monday to Saturday—, drink some tea and laugh at some celebrities. This summer we have many and it’s very annoying because this season we have more young celebrities than in any other season. You can imagine how Jenny and Kimmy, my two stepsneakes, are freaking out already. They swear this summer they will find their husbands.

Ew.

Charlie was right, I’m grateful he took this job because he makes things tolerable for me.

I take a deep breath before I start doing my job in this room. I’m not sure who’s staying here, but it’s clearly a bloke, of that I’m sure, and he is not alone. Many celebrities come with their ‘friends’ and this bloke here is no exception.

I’m about to start picking clothing items when my walky-talky buzzes and I can hear Rhonda’s annoying voice. “Arabella!” She shouts and I cringe. “Where are you? You need to come down right now and help the new guests we’re receiving! This is important.”

Ugh, more celebrities. Why, God? Isn’t it enough already? How many celebrities does the world have?

“I’m coming,” I reply and a part of me is happy that I don’t have to clean this room… but then I remember I’ll have to come back later and finish this. I’m just postponing the inevitable.

With a resigned sigh, I leave the room, closing the door behind me and with my cart. I pull it in the janitor’s wardrobe and head to the hall where Melissa must be registering the new guests. I wonder if I know these. Maybe they come from America, or another country, this time.

But when I get to the hall I freeze and curse to the high heavens. No, God, I beg of you, not them!

I do know these lads, I believe everyone in the world knows them, but Jenny and Kimmy are literally obsessed with this boy band. They have been for the past three years, since they were in the X-Factor. I remember they were voting all the time and they forced me to vote for them, too. Even if I don’t want to, I feel like I know everything about them because my stepsisters would never shut up.

Charlie doesn’t know this, but sometimes I catch myself humming one of their songs or dancing when Kimmy is killing the stereo. Their music is super pop and catchy, you can’t blame me, but I hate them. Not only because they are celebrities and those are Rhonda’s obsession and the reason she ruined Dad’s business, but also because they are what my stepsisters adore. I would have nothing against them if there weren’t because of those factors.

The very thought of Jenny and Kimmy realising One Direction are in the complex gives me the chills. What if I jump from the roof now and end this agony before it starts?

But Rhonda sees me before I can run away and calls me. The five lads turn to look at me and I groan again. No one can know this but I do think they are all attractive. Let’s see if I can remember all the names. Zayn is the one with the darker skin and that exotic beauty. Harry is the one with green eyes and curly hair, the hipster of the band. Louis is the one with the blue eyes and the pixy face, but he has some facial hair now and he looks even better than in posters; he has his arm around a beautiful brunette’s waist, his girlfriend I presume. I don’t know her name. The other brunet boy is Liam, with thick eyebrows and brown eyes. The blond one is Niall, he’s the Irish one and he has his hand entwined with the hand of a gorgeous blonde. Oh, so he also has a girlfriend. Jenny will be heartbroken.

Great!

Out of the five of them, I think Louis is the most handsome one.

Okay, so I do remember their names. Three years of hearing Jenny and Kimmy talking nonstop about them has brought some benefits… I think. I try to put my best smile as I approach them and I know they are checking me out but they get disappointed. I don’t blame them, no one would look good in this uniform. Beige trousers with a blue navy polo shirt and trainers; plus, I’m the definition of ordinary.

“You’re here. Please, escort our new guests to their rooms,” Rhonda instructs me, giving me their cardkeys so I can know where to take them. Then whispering, she adds only to me, “don’t mess this up. They are billionaires!”

I roll my eyes before fake smiling at the five lads and the two girls. “Please, follow me and welcome to Drennan’s Retreat Centre,” I tell them with a courtesy, leading them to the lift.

They start moving and I take the cart with all their bags and start pushing. Where the hell is Fred? He is supposed to do this! I’ll kill him when I see him later because I have to take One Direction to their rooms when it should be him. Stupid Fred.

-:-:-:-

Dedication to @ohnoitsthatbooknerd. Now you can scratch that from your bucket list.

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 1.8K 72
"I've never had a real home, but you've shown me how it feels to have one." A story about a boy who wasn't too sure about a long life because of his...
140K 3.6K 63
"I want to dance with you in the middle of this street." She laughed at me, "Why on earth would you do that?" "Because I said I would." I twirled he...
633K 54.5K 60
As someone who's been so pampered to the point of oblivion, I never noticed the similarities with the fairy-tale. Every little girl should see her...
28.9K 1K 48
I thought I was done finding me. I thought I was complete and that there was no more to do. But now I've lost myself, I'm incomplete. I've lost one o...