It All Started With A Dare

By quruxley

"I dare you," He said to me with determination in his eyes. "I dare you to try and make me believe those word... More

It All Started With A Dare/ Meet The Characters
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome To My Life
Chapter Two: I Dare You...
Chapter Three: Change
Chapter Four: Visiting The Homeless
Chapter Five: Presents And Drunken Nights
Chapter Six: He Saved Me
Questions
Chapter Seven: Mr Perfect Is Not So Perfect
Chapter Eight: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents
Chapter Nine: Things Just Got Real
*Isa [1]*
Chapter Ten: Unexpected Alliance
Chapter Eleven: Announcements, Family And Confessions
Interview #1 (Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest)
Chapter Twelve: Oh My Allah!
Chapter Thirteen: Awkward
New Story
Chapter Fourteen: Words Unspoken
Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal
*Amir [2]*
Chapter Sixteen: Start Of Something New
Chapter Seventeen: Gatherings And Discoveries
Chapter Nineteen: Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks
Chapter Twenty: A Hard Blow
Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings
A/N
Chapter Twenty Two: Seeing Veronica
Character's Fun Facts*SPOILER ALERT!*
Chapter Twenty Three: Plays, Drama And Drama
*Third Person [3]*
Chapter Twenty Four: Ice cream, Bets And Oh No
Chapter Twenty Five: When Danger Lurks
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty Seven: Moments
Chapter Twenty Eight: Dreams, Perfect Dresses And Awkward Encounters
IMPORTANT!
Chapter Twenty Nine: Confrontation
*Isa [4]*
Chapter Thirty: Weddings (Part One)
Chapter Thirty One: Weddings (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty Two: You Make Me Crazier
Chapter Thirty Three: The End
Chapter Thirty Four: Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed
It All Started With A Proposal
100k READS CELEBRATION WITH THE CAST OF IASWAD
Interview #2 (Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest)
Life Update: My Tedx Performance
It All Started With A Deleted Scene: Unseen Scenes

Chapter Eighteen: Little White Lies

14.7K 1.2K 73
By quruxley

"This is also the first time he's ever looked at my face and told me a white lie." -Zamzam Amin, IASWAD.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Little White Lies

Adam Mathews

By now my mind was swarming with all sorts of questions that needed answers. My whole entire body grew rigid as I held the last letter my mother sent in my hands tightly. I always knew my dad was messed up but I never thought he was dangerous. I never thought he'd be the type of person to try to kill someone or even the type who dealt drugs. This whole entire time I didn't know I was living with a monster. A monster who wears a suit and carries a briefcase, acting like he owns everyone. A monster who lies and smiles menacingly while he stabs you in he back. A monster who kept the mother of his son, his wife away from her family. A monster who's room is only a couple of doors away from mine. I'm related to someone like him...

Once I grabbed my phone I took pictures of the letters then after I finished, I put them back where they were before. Whatever the cost may be, I will make sure he pays for all of the pain he caused.

* * *

I continued to pace back and forth in my room until Jennette came inside looking worried. "Adam are you okay?" She questioned worriedly. "How long did my father say he'd be gone?" I avoided her question by asking one of my own. "For another 3 months." She replied hastily as if questioning what I'd do with this information. "Are you okay?" She repeated this time more intent on getting an answer.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and car keys. "I'm fine." I said as I left my house and headed towards my car. I need to tell Isa and Amir about this. The person we've been targeting is nothing compared to what we're up against. This is bad, really bad.

By the time I reached Isa's house there was more than a dozen cars in their drive way. Grabbing out my phone, I dialled his number. When he didn't pick up I called him again and again until I got frustrated and headed inside. The moment I did I could hear people laughing and some foreign music plugged into a stereo. So this is how family gathering are supposed to be like... People gathered around talking, having fun. I never experienced anything like this before. The only Uncle I have hates my father and doesn't want to have a relationship with him or me and my mom was an only child. I've always wanted a big happy family like this but I guess that will never happen.

"Hey Adam, what're you doing here bro?" Isa said as he clapped his hand on my back. "I have to talk to you now. It's important." I demanded as I dragged him outside.

"What's wrong?" He questioned worriedly.

"I just found out that my father is the big dealer in Avon's gang. That's why we couldn't find anything on him." I ran my hand through my hair while walking back and forth.

"What?!"

Zamzam Amin

"Hey who's the hottie over there talking to Isa?" Muna asked as she looked there way. I honestly don't care if Adam is here like I usually used to. I'm getting tired of always talking about him as if my life revolves around him. I just shook my head at Muna and walked back inside. "He's no one." I replied getting some food from the kitchen.

"He doesn't look like a no one to me. I mean Mashallah." She gushed as she turned his way once again. I just ignored her and ate some more lasagna. I didn't eat anything at all today and I am starving. Oh god I love Grams's cooking! As I continued to eat I couldn't help but glance their way. Both Isa and Adam were pacing back and forth looking very disturbed as if they heard some really bad news. What could they be so upset about?

Suddenly Adam looked my way which caught me off guard. What are you doing Zamzam!? Turn around! My brain commanded but my body had a mind of its own at that moment. Why can't I turn around? It was like I was completely hypnotized, I couldn't break my gaze away from him. I don't know why but for some reason he looked extremely tense. His eyes continued to bore into mine for a good couple of seconds until I was finally able to turn the other way. "Oooh I see now." Muna exclaimed in a sing song voice. What is she going on about now?

"What're you talk about?" I asked taking another bite of the lasagna.

"You and that hottie!" She winked, making me cringe. I don't like Adam! How many times do I have to tell people that I don't like him? There are like hundreds of girls at our school that throw themselves at him and I certainly do not want to be one of those girls. After this bet is over and I win then we'll be done.

Instead of talking I continued to eat the rest of my food.

* * *

"Isa." I knocked on his door which was closed. "Come in!" He shouted from the other side. Opening his room I walked in and sat down on the edge of his bed. "What's up?" He asked as he turned his chair around so that now he was facing me. "If I ask you something can you answer me honestly?" He looked taken back by my question but still nodded his head slowly.

You know what I love most about my relationship with Isa? The fact that we never lie to each other, like ever. When I told Isa about the bet, at first he lectured me about being careful around Adam and then he thanked me for telling him. Whenever something big is going on in both of our lives we tell each other. But for some reason I think he's hiding something really big from me.

"What is it?" He asked carefully.

"What's going on between you and Adam?" I cut right to the chase.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what did he say that made you freak out? Why are you guys always acting so weird when I'm around? Why was he in your room that day when he saw me without my hijab on? Come on just tell me. You didn't tell me he was here last time so you owe me at least that much." He looked conflicted at first but then that quickly went away. For the first time in my life I saw a different look in Isa's eyes. It wasn't his usual kind, caring look that he always has on. No this time it was much different. He looked cold, distant and closed off to the world. It's like I don't even recognize this side of my brother.

"Nothing is going on so stay out of it Zamzam, I mean it." He said in a deadly calm tone. To say I was surprised at how he's acting was an understatement. The Isa I know would never act like this. "No, I won't stay out of it. Now tell me before I go to Baba and Grams about this!" I shouted angrily. Now I know that the situation he's in is way worse than I thought.

The grip he had on the arm rest of his chair grew so tight that his knuckles turned white. "Seriously Zamzam I'm not playing! Okay? Now please listen to me and don't ask me any questions. Don't ask Adam any questions either because he will say the same thing I'm saying. If you want to help me then please don't do anything. Now get out of my room!" He exclaimed, his anger getting the best of him.

I reluctantly got out of his room and slammed his door as hard as I could to indicate how angry I am. This is the first time he ever kicked me out of his room. This is also the first time he's ever looked at my face and told me a white lie.

THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER SHORT AND I'M SORRY ABOUT THAT! BUT THAT MEANS CHAPTER 19 WILL BE OUT SOONER THAN YOU THINK! LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS💕

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737K 50.4K 61
Qulsum Abi is going through a lot. Her step mother only favors Qulsum's step sisters and brother Worst part is they become great actors in front of h...
4.7K 460 22
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...
670K 36.8K 27
• Twice Wattpad Featured • #1 in Spiritual • The moon hid behind the clouds, the wind refused to blow and the mountains trembled at the sight in fron...
216K 42.4K 104
A few minutes into the walk, I heard footsteps shuffling behind me. I tensed up and halted in my tracks. My heart began to pound violently in my ches...