Falling For You | Completed

By SplatteredInkJet

Pacifica Pines; curious, adventurous and vulnerable. Dipper Gleeful; cocky, sharp and devilishly hands... More

Falling For You
01. The Tent of Telepathy
02. Fake Blonde Hair
03. Makeovers!
04. The Gleeful Twins are a Handful!
05. Unwanted Customer
06. Breaking Hearts
07. Grief-stricken Veins
08. Brown-haired Misery
09. The Journal
10. Manipulative Jerk
11. Not what he seems
12. Dipper Gleeful
13. Grocery Store Trip
14. Tears, Hugs, and Onions
15. Missing Him
16. Flickering Flame
17. Pathetic Insults
18. Knicker Tricks
19. Ovary Reacting
21. Future Stripper Dates
22. Butterfly Blues
23. Phases and Happy Highs
24. Dressing Up for Him
25. The Dreamy Date
26. Acidic Jokes
27. Stinging Heart
28. Ice Cream or I Scream?
29. Chaos To My Thoughts
30. Falling For You
Aftermath
Sequel? Sequel.

20. The Party

8.4K 287 200
By SplatteredInkJet

Pacifica Pines

     Turned out my plan went to complete waste as soon as Bud came giddily smiling into breakfast. He happily informed us that we were going to be helping him set up the massive room (that was empty and we never used) and turn it into some party.

     Well, there goes my brilliantly made plan.

     Robbie immediately loved the idea, and Gideon being the follower nodded along too. Deuce works here, so he was paid to say yes. However, I had an opinion. An opinion Bud had completely ignored when I said I was busy.

     "Unless you want me to call up your snobby parents and tell about this little problem, you'd shut the skunk up and follow and help me get some bucks, eh, kid?" he snottily replied.

     Don't get me wrong, I love Bud but sometimes he went overboard. Okay, maybe all the time.

     "Alright, alright," I grumbled in a foul tone.

     ~

     "Oh no, Gideon, I - I don't feel so good," said Robbie, clutching his stomach, with his face scrunched up. Gideon tried to suppress a smile, but failed and full out grinned. I watch them, blowing a balloon with the blankest face ever.

     "I - I - Blargh!" he said, spraying stuff out of his mouth. It was obvious he had the can to his side of his head and he was trying to fake vomit.

     All of it spraying onto Gideon, and he faked disgust.

    "Ewww, Dad, what'd you feed us!?" cried Gideon, doing the same as Robbie and making the derpiest face.

     This kept on going for five solid minutes. Until both Wendy joined and eventually I did. We were in a mess, with the silly string all over our heads and us a giggling catastrophe.

     "Alright, alright," said Bud with a slightly annoyed face. He gathered all the cans and held them to his chest. "These things don't just come for free, okay? Party supplies are now off limits!"

     "Mr. Pines, who's birthday is it that we're celebrating for...?" said Deuce, climbing off the ladder once he was done tying the knot to the banner.

     "Nobody's," said Bud, and barked out a laugh after that, "This'd be a good way to get some cash in from naive little kids who'd like to... what do you kids call it nowadays? Party? No, no... Part-ay!" said Bud, rubbing his hands together.

     "Please don't ever say that again," muttered Robbie under his breath, one hand rubbing his face and the other tightly gripped around Wendy's hand.

     Wendy's hand.

     "Woah, woah, woah! Wait up! When did this happen?" I said, pointing at their intertwined hands. Robbie didn't even pull back and blush like I expected him to, but snaked his arm around Wendy's waist and brought her closer.

     "We're together, now, if you're too blind to see that," he said, smirking and wrapping his hands around her waist and putting his chin on her shoulder. Wendy was showing more emotion than she ever did in front of me.

     "Robbie, this is PDA," she muttered, averting her gaze and blushing.

     "So?"

     I left the lovesick couple at that before everything got even more heated. But as soon as I took a step away, Bud grabbed my shoulder and dragged me back. Did I mention I was still on my bloody wave? No? Well, I am!

     "What?" I accidentally snarled at Bud.

     "I need you to copy these and stick them around everywhere and fix that attitude of yours," he said, patting my shoulder and shoving a bunch of papers and a poster in my face.

     "Alright, before you go Paz, we need everyone here - WENDY, ROBBIE, GIDEON, DEUCE AND PAZ, LISTEN UP," he barked. Everyone came immediately.

     "Pacifica will be at the ticket center, alright, and since you work for free, Deuce, you get to be DJ since you begged," he muttered, reading off the list he had in his hands.

     "Gideon, Robbie and Wendy, y'all are going to be in the party, don't forget to snag some money off of them, alright? And socialize while you're at it," he nodded.

     "Wait, how come I have to be the only one at the ticket stand!?"

     "What did I say about that attitude of yours?"

     "Fine!" I said, throwing my arms in the air.

     ~

     I had a white shirt on, tucked into a high waisted black pencil skirt and a black vest, and a blue bow. It as professional and made me feel important and organized and planned. I like it. A lot.

     "Hey, babydoll," a voice whispered into my ear. I knew immediately who it was.

     "Why are you here?" I asked, sighing.

     "Why, I'm here to help you, of course," he said, jumping over the table and sitting next to me, in the vacant seat that was an extra. The people in the line were growing, so I guessed I'd need help, and so I accepted it.

    About fifty people later, the rush was slowing down and people were slowly trickling in and not rushing in.

     "You look as stunning as usual," said Dipper, leaning back into the chair with his arms behind his head, and winked at me with his trademark lopsided smirk.

     "So do you," I jokingly said back. He just smiled even wider, which caused my heart to thunder against my chest even harder and my cheeks to heat up five times more.

     His hair was actually styled up, in the messy yet proper fashion, which looked perfectly made. His clothes were similar to his usual ones, wearing the same black pants with a white shirt tucked in, and a black jacket with a blue tie.

     "Hi, can I have tickets for two? Woah, are you guys dating? You look like a really cute couple," a guy said out of breath and looked at us with wide eyes. "Matching clothes, looking at each other lovingly... the whole package!"

     "We're not dating."

     "She's mine."

     The guy just looked at us weirdly. I gave him his tickets and glared at him and his friends as they walked in. We looked like a flippin' couple. With the black vests, and blue ties.

     "Hey, how 'bout we ditch this and go inside and enjoy ourselves, hmm?" he said, getting up and grabbing my hands and bringing me closer to me. He leaned down and looked at me intensely. Our breaths mingled together, his cool breath fanning my face.

     I felt really light headed, and I couldn't think straight so I said yeah in an airy manner. He just smirked knowingly and lead me the way inside. Not before putting the closed sign on the desk.

     ~

     The music was blaring, and as soon as we entered, it felt as though it was beating in sync with my heart. I walked over to the food table first, of course, and downed two glasses of punch because my throat felt parched. 

     I kept stuffing my food while Dipper was watching silently and patiently. That was until the same two guys came up from earlier, except Gideon was following them.

      "Paz! These are my two new best friends!" said Gideon, with a happy gleam in his eyes. He pointed at the two guys. One was skinny and tall, but lean with black hair swept to the side. He was asian, with his dark eyes and high cheekbones. The other was a guy with a bulky structure and brown hair that was in a crew cut, and chubby cheeks.

     "I'm Acid," he said, taking one of his hands out from his pockets and holding it out for me to shake. His hands had a surprisingly strong grip.

     "I'm sorry, was it Acid?" I asked in an incredulous tone. The whole time, Dipper had sneakily put his arm around my waist and was breathing down my neck.

     "It's Astrid, but I like Acid more, so it's alright," he nodded with a sheepish smile as I shook his hand. He stepped back and let the bulky guy hold out his hand.

     "Grendon," he said, smiling at me and his braces clearly showing.

     "So, you're Pacifica," said Acid, smiling at me kindly, "And who're you, the guy who sat with her at the ticket stand?"

     "I'm her boyfriend, and that's all you need to know," that was Dipper's curt reply.

     "He's not my boyfriend," I said, smiling at them both and jabbing Dipper's side. His hands immediately flew to caress his hard stomach that hurt my own elbow.

     "Feisty, I like it," said Dipper with a wink, and held his side. Maybe I was too harsh? No. Definitely not. I heard laughter and whipped my head to see Gideon, Acid, and Grendon all doubling over in laughter. 

     "Both of you are so hopelessly in love, it's hilarious!" said Acid, in between laughs.

Published: Apr 22, 2016 | Reads: 4.3k | Goals: 4.5k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 559 16
⚠️ Spoiler warning. Mentions of the events leading up to, including and following the internship arc ⚠️ Katsuki has always been bad at expressing his...
146K 4.6K 15
Katherine Williams promised the love of her life that she'd bring him back. And she's here to do just that. In the final installment of this story...
21.2K 1K 34
This story takes place two~ish years in the future when Mob has gotten into Hot Sauce Highschool. Y/N only discovered her powers a few months ago, bu...
34.4K 461 16
Sage Klein and her band mates finally got what they had always wanted. A shot to be big. They were going to become what they had pictured in their dr...