Alpha Kaden | ✔️ (Published)

By Midika

*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM TH... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Published!!!
Acknowledgements

Chapter One

912K 27.7K 14.7K
By Midika

Word Count: 1675

~Mara

I pull the edge of the curtain away from the window slowly, peering out onto the street. It's getting dark out, the moon illuminating the deserted sidewalk.

Everyone's doors are closed, their curtains drawn. Their gates are locked, and their kids kept safely inside. Everyone is on high alert, like they are every night.

I sigh deeply, my breath fogging up the window I look through. I rub it away with my sleeve, so I can see again. Except, there is nothing to see. There never is, because unlike other Packs, all life here on the streets dies off at night.

Why? Because my Pack, the Purity Pack is afraid of the Vengeance Pack. Not necessarily the Vengeance Pack as a whole, but their leader, Alpha Kaden.

And we have a good reason to fear him. He has kidnapped innocent girls from our Pack. No one knows what has happened to them, but many think he kills them for fun. He also kills our criminals. Anyone who breaks the law is the Discipline Packs business. But anyone who kills is Alpha Kaden's business...He has made that obvious.

"Mara, get away from there."

I am suddenly pulled back from the window. I stumbled away, seeing my mother angrily pull the curtains shut again. She turns to me, hands on her hips.

I love my mother, but sometimes she can be way too over protective. Not as bad as my father...He is a vicar.

"Mother, it's fine," I assure her. "No one saw me."

She sighs, running a hand down her face.

"They might have...What if Kaden saw you?" she asks sternly. I roll my eyes.

"Well I wouldn't know if he saw me, because I don't know what he looks like," I tell her, my voice raising. Mother narrowed her eyes at me. She hated the thought of me knowing things about Kaden. His identity is still unknown to me. He could walk by me in the street, and I would be completely oblivious.

And the worst thing is, she won't tell me why I can't know about him. I gather fragments from girls at school, but their parents are just as strict. On a good day, I might find out whether he has killed or not. Sometimes, when it is just mother and father awake, I might sneak down to listen in on their conversation. That is how I found when girls started going missing around the town.

"Mara, please. Don't be difficult," mother says, exasperated. I fold my arms over my chest. To say I am sick of being holed up every night is an understatement. I feel like I am part of the Discipline Pack. The only thing that has kept me sane has been my phone. A friend of mine from the Passion Pack tells me snippets of her life to kept me entertained.

I bet she is going out tonight. I mean, it is a Friday.

"Everything okay in here?"

I turn, to see my father walk into the room. It has been raining outside, I don't remember seeing that when I was looking out. He takes off his soppy coat, and lays it on the bench.

Our house isn't very big, which makes spending majority of my life in here even worse.

"Nothing-"

"I caught our daughter peeking out the window again," mother cut me off. I glare at her. She always seems to get me in trouble with Dad. He frowns at me.

"Kaden isn't going to be out there. You're over reacting when you tell me he is," I say angrily. I see father look over at me, to mother. He motions with his head for her to leave, because he knows how easily her and I argue.

When she does leave, he leads me over to the couch, so we can sit down.

"You know the neighbours daughter? Mandy is it?"

"Milly," I correct him. He nods.

"Kaden took her last week. He stole her right out of her bed, and she hasn't been seen since," he told me. My eyes widen. Milly? She is a year older than me, and 362 times more attractive too. The fact that she got stolen doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

"Why are you telling me this?" I question. I like to be in the know, but I didn't expect father to want that too.

"I am worried he might take you. Every morning I am worried to walk into your room, encase I find that he has stolen you in the night," he told me. I shake my head at him.

"You're forgetting that my room has been boarded up. And why would he come for me? This Pack is filled with attractive girls, so I doubt I will be the on the top of his stealing list," I say honestly.

Dad takes my hand in his, and looks me in the eye. Is he going to make me pray?

"We can talk about this more in the morning. I promise I will take you out tomorrow to make up for this past week," dad says. I smile, and tell him that sounds okay.

As I walk toward my room, I decide on heading straight to bed. I mean, I doubt my friend from the Passion Pack will be online. The Passion Pack are huge internet users, as I have gathered.

When I walk into the room, I am hit by instant cold. My room isn't usually this chilly...

I switch on my light, watching it illuminate my room. I have a small room, with a simple closet, desk and bed. Nothing to flashy and extravagant.

But what tips me off, is the fact that my window is wide open. It is never open like that. Ever. Mother would kill me if she saw that my curtain was pulled back at night.

Warily I wander toward the window, hearing the sound of heavy rain patter against the road outside. The storm has really picked up now, the sound of thunder clearly being heard in the distance. The sooner I close the window, the better.

So I quickly stalk across the room, and slam the window shut. A sudden burst of rain hits the glass, making me jump back in fear. I have always hated thunder and lightening...

"I just need to calm down, and go to sleep," I tell myself, as I pull my curtains closed. I am really letting this Kaden thing get to me. I pull my hair tie from my hair, as I walk across my room to my bathroom. Maybe if I just shower, I can wash all this silly worry away.

So I turn the water in to extra hot, and strip of all my clothes. As I step under the cascade of water, I am transported to another world. A world where I don't have to listen to rules all the time. Where my parents can't dictate ever decision I make. I rest my head against the wall.

"Maybe I am destined for the Freedom Pack? A Pack where I can do whatever I want," I murmur to myself. I probably sound stupid right now. Suddenly a shadow flitters across my vision.

I look up, surprised. I peer out of the shower, looking around cautiously. I am being ridiculous right now.

So I get out of the shower, turning the water off after me. As I wrap my towel around my body, I try admonish all my paranoid thoughts. The shadow was probably just a figure of my imagination. I am known to have a pretty strong one.

In just my towel, I stand in front of the mirror, inspecting myself. My hair looks brown when it is wet, but really it is a muted blonde. I look like every other Purity Pack member, except an unattractive version. My blue eyes are duller than anyone else. My skin is paler, and my cheeks have no colour. This is the reason why no boy has wanted to date me. Because there are so many better options.

Suddenly a loud strike of thunder from outside makes me jump. Thank the Moon Goddess that I can't see the full brunt of the lightening through my curtain. I wander out into my room, and to my closet. I pick out some comfortableOnce I am changed, I turn the lights out, and hop straight into bed, with the covers pulled right up to my chin. I just want to sleep this worry off, and continue on tomorrow without Kaden plaguing my thoughts.

But the more I try get comfortable in bed, the harder it seems to banish him from my mind. My vision is clouded with an image of a strange shadow.

I was just about to doze off to the sound of rain splattering against my window, when I feel a hand slap over my mouth.

I have been taught self defence many times, but at that point, all knowledge of what to do left my mind. I swung my arms wildly, but I found the only got caught my an unfamiliar grasp. I struggled as much as I could, screaming into the hand, even though the sound was muffled.

I kicked, as I was pulled up and out of my bed. I could feel someone applying pressure to my neck, and for a second I thought that maybe I would die of strangulation. But I won't go without a fight.

My legs are the only weapon on my body that is free. Slightly sleep deranged, I lash out, trying to kick my captors ankles. But each time I miss, swiping at air with my bare foot.

"Settle down kitten. All will be over soon."

And that soft, male voice was the last thing I heard before I blacked out completely.

❤️••❤️

Guys, the Purity Pack isn't a weak Pack. They believe in peace rather than war, and instead of having it inflicted upon them, the hide away to respect their religion.

Vote and comment for more! :D

Snapchat : midikacrane

Radish : Midika

YouTube : Midika Crane

Facebook: authormidikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 30.5K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
745K 32.7K 50
*BOOK NINE* (Can be read as standalone) "My Fate is a curse. I didn't ask to be a slave of an immortal. I didn't ask for his branding. And I didn't a...
3.1M 70.4K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
434K 10K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...