Drop Dead Stunning

By ChanytheWoods

Two high school seniors decide to take on two mutual rivals: One being their body size, and the other being V... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven

Part Eight

28 2 10
By ChanytheWoods

"Coach just hates me that's exactly what it is." Jessica ranted as she ate her food at lunch. A dry hamburger with a cup of peaches, apple pie and chocolate milk. She always wondered why she paid to eat garbage, when it would have been cheaper to bring something from home.

Everyone that sat at the table with her just watched in amusement at how she was reacting. "Like who is he to sit there and ruin my plans on a Friday. He's a no life bum I tell you. I swear I'm glad I quit wrestling, that awipe."

Jeremy tried to hold his laughter but he couldn't. He roared into laughter at how silly Jessica was being. "It's not that...bad." He said trying to catch his breath. Everyone at the table started laughing with him.

Jessica smacked her lips together. She looked down at her triangle shaped piece of pie and thought of a better use for it. Lifting it, she smashed it into Jeremy's shirt. "Laugh at that." She stood and walked away. "That'll teach you all to laugh at me."

Jeremy wiped off his shirt still laughing at her. "At least my Friday's won't be held at school."

Jessica just continued to walk away. She knew Jeremy was trying to get under her skin. He was, but she's not going to get into anymore trouble by roughing him up. She was just deal with him later.

The rest of the school day, Jessica just thought about how horrible after school was going to be. For one she was not going to be able to go straight home or wherever else. She was going to have to stay in that prison they called school for at least an hour. Secondly, she was staying after school with her worst enemy. She hadn't decided if Scott topped Vivian. She just knew the both of them made her cringe at the thought of them.

                                                                                       ☼♂☼♂☼

Cassie stopped by the gym before leaving school. She felt bad for Jessica but at the same time she thought it was hilarious. "It could be worse; you could be cleaning with Vivian."

Jessica shook her head, "Are you trying to make me feel better?"

Cassie nervously nodded, "Yeah?"

"Well you're not Cas!" Jessica annoyed. "If I die, just know that moron killed me Cas. I'm counting on you to fight for justice for me. Make sure he gets the death penalty, too. Let there be riots. Let there be terror. This is the only time I want my representation to be someone of feminist descent."

Jessica always expressed her outrage about the recent police brutality cases and how annoying modern day feminist were. In some ways Jessica found them similar. They believed they reserved this unknown right. Jessica just called them a bunch of miserable women that only wanted to live in a world full of women. But little did she know, Cassie was a proud feminist-well sort of. She believed in gender equality and what her fellow feminist friends were fighting for was much needed. Jessica just didn't like the world feminist, in Cassie's mind.

Scott walked past them. "I could see your career as a custodian."

"That's it Fasco!" Jessica said walking away from Cassie and towards him.

Cassie laughed at the scene, before hauling off to her car. They were both going to have an eventful Friday. For one, Cassie was going to hang out with Donovan, and Jessica was cleaning the gym with Scott. There had never been a Friday like this one before.

"Hey am I late?" Cassie asked walking into Spencer's.

Donovan stood beside a guy ringing up a customer. He had his phone in head, but when Cassie came in, his attention went from that to her.

Donovan's lips split into a smile, "No you're on time. Here's an application for you to fill out."

Grabbing it, she rounded the desk and laughed at what she saw. One seat had caution written on it in big red letters. There was another seat that looked more comfortable and read 'reserved.' It helped that it was a bright blue chair, she loved bright joyous colors.

Once the guy finished ringing up the customer, he patted Donovan on the shoulder, "Getting lunch man. Want anything?"

"On you?" Donovan smirked.I take it you like it?"

The guy held his stomach and laughed, he continued laughing his whole way out of the store. Cassie figured he was just too cheap to buy Donovan lunch. If Donovan wanted something, she'd go in a hurry to get him something. That's what friends do for one another.

Awkwardly, she looked from Donovan to both seats. From behind, Donovan asked, "I take it you like it."

Smiling brightly, she quickly nodded, then faced him, "Yeah, but which is mine?" She knew which was hers, but she wanted to make sure.

"It's kind of obvious Cas don't you think. I mean if you like sitting in disgusting feet disease seat, albeit. I guess I understand." He joked. Donovan scratched the back of his head, stretching the other to direct her to the bright blue seat.

Quickly taking a seat in the seat with the word 'reserved' on it and smiled up at Donovan. "It's comfy." She pads in the seat warmed her bottom, someone must have sat in. Maybe Donovan. She would not mind that one bit. She'd insist.

"Thanks I brought it here just for you." Donovan replied.

Her stomach began to feel light butterflies. She tried not to blush but of course she failed. Cassie knew Donovan didn't mean it in the way she wanted him to mean it, but still it made her get all girly like. She was trying to turn off that like button with Donovan but she simply couldn't. It didn't help when she was around him, knowing she could possibly be scoring more spending time with him by landing a job there, exciting her more than anything.

                                                                              ☼♂☼♂☼♂

"Stay on your side, you stupid moron!" Jessica yelled sweeping Scott's dirt back to his side.

He frowned at what she was doing. All that he had swept was now scattered over the floor. Scott squeezed his broom and swept the trash back on Jessica's side. Doing it again and again until it was all clear. "It wasn't on your side freak." Now it was.

Jessica narrowed at her eyes. Scott just ruined her pile because he couldn't coordinate his brain right. So Jessica repeated what Scott did, but swept it on his shoes. Scott followed her procedure, this time getting it on Jessica's legs.

"You're not winning this." Jessica said sweeping it back. Then they just broke out and began sweeping the dirt everywhere. It was as if they were playing hockey with dirt. The dirty was getting everywhere. All their work just went to waste.

"Stop Jessica just stop!" Scott yelled fed up with it. She could read the annoyance written all over his face. "Now let's just sweep this up in silence. I wanna go home and I know you do too."

She smiled in victory. She could tell Scott had given up. That's right; no one wins against Jessica anyways. She's Jessica that's why. People would be crazy to challenge her thinking they'll win. No one ever beats her.

"Just keep to your side." Jessica started back sweeping up the dispersed mess. They're in this all because he wouldn't mind his business. Nor would he keep his deal. They had agreed to not talk to one another unless needed to. Scott went back on his deal and look where they are now.

Jessica finished sweeping all the mess up. She looked over at Scott who was in the bleachers picking up trash. Never had she paid attention to how disgusting a gym can get. The next time she sees someone littering she's personally making sure it's their last time doing it. All this work could be prevented.

They finished up in the gym and put all the cleaning material back in the janitor's closet. They didn't say a word to one another when leaving. Both just gave each other a look and walked towards their car. What a successful day of cleaning. But then again there's always Monday and the other stupid days of the week.

                                                                                     ♂☼♂☼♂☼

Cassie laughed, "Oh and I think she was really digging you."

"Digging me?" Donovan joked. "Nice word, haven't heard it in a long time."

"Always cool to bring it back." Cassie said finishing up her application. She was taking way too long on it, but in her defense it was Donovan's fault. He wouldn't stop making her laugh. Also when a paying customer would come to the counter that was even funnier.

Donovan would talk to them like he knew them. Cassie couldn't believe that people actually considered him an antisocial weirdo, one being Jessica. He was actually really fun to be around and he was so funny. She enjoyed hanging out with him. He's a relief from reality.

Reality was where most people stuck their noses up at her, and made jokes. Reality was where her name and personality did not matter to people, her appearance did. Reality was where all the depressing things happened. Where she didn't have nonstop happiness. She figured people don't get that unless they are a size 0 with a flawless face. But for her she has to deal with all the rude comments and jokes about her kind. Her kind being 'fat, oversized, obese, and etc.'

"Hey so Jess told me that you're hanging out with us tomorrow." Donovan said turning to her after attending to a customer.

She handed him the application and put her pen in her purse. Cassie wanted to hangout with them; because there's no way she's going to that dinner. But she knew how awkward it would considering Jessica would be there trying to find a way to prove that Cassie likes him. She didn't need it. In addition she was trying to turn off her crush.

"I um...I'm actually staying in." Cassie said. She wanted nothing more than to hangout with him, but there so much at risk. Cassie was scared if Jessica found out she liked Donovan, she would stop being her friend. Jessica means way more than some guy. She's not losing her longest friendship for a guy that's not even going to date her. No guy ever dates her.

An eyebrow lifted, "On a Saturday?"

She stumbled with her reply, "Well, yeah everybody does that...or just me." If she were a fearless Jess, she'd be hanging with her best friend and her crush. But low self esteem and high insecurities were preventing it.

Donovan cleared his throat and nodded, "Ugh sure I guess. Have fun...at home tomorrow." She could hear the clear sarcasm in that. Like who was going to have fun at home, especially with their crush tempting them with an invite. What a moron move to decline. That'll definitely go down in her regret book.

Then silence crept over. Not just any type of silence, the awkward-oh-wow-how-to-end this kind.. No one like awkward silences. They were dreadful. It was like tension in the air. Maybe she should have decided to hangout with them, there wouldn't possibly be that God awful awkwardness in the midst.

He did, however, seem genuinely interested in her joining them. Cassie stood and gathered her things. "I forgot mom made dinner early." Of course she was lying. It was better to lie than feeling unwanted. Awkward silences were capable of doing that to a person, especially someone of Cassie's calibur.

"If you change your mind...uh...I'll see you later." Donovan stopped, cutting himself short. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687K 19.6K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...
241K 7.5K 44
After getting shot during a burglary some months ago, Alissa Clover Green is on her way to full recovery. She has the love of her three aunts, she's...
77.5K 1.6K 32
Two seniors that only have one thing in common, going to the same school. They hate each other because of their friend groups and past. As the two se...
2.6M 89.4K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...