Meum Miraculum

By palepinkferriswheel

He was powerful. He was terrifying. Said to be cruel and unjust. Terrifyingly possessive. He had the world, b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 20

528K 18K 6.5K
By palepinkferriswheel

I shuffled slightly, opening my eyes slowly as I let out a soft yawn stretching my arms out, only to find that I was held down. A strong warm arm was wrapped around my waist holding me tightly against a warm broad chest.

I tried to get out of his grasp, attempting to pry his arm off of my waist. Squirming around, hoping he would become irritated and turn away in his sleep, but instead his grip tightened as he let out a low groan. Burying his face into my hair, completely enveloping my back with his warm firm body.

"Stay please." Alaricus said, his voice gruff with sleep, making me still. I tried to relax against him, soon giving up as my back stayed tense. A warm rough hand gently wrapped around my hip, I let out a gasp at the feeling of his hand on my bare skin where the shirt had ridden up. Slowly he turned me to face him, I kept my eyes down, staring at his chest, but he placed two fingers under my chin, pushing my head up so that I was looking into his eyes.

His eyes were back to their beautiful honey, the tender look that I tried to deny that I loved back in them as he stared at me in admiration. My cheeks warming as I wonder what he saw. I wasn't exactly what one would call a pretty sleeper.

"Thank you, for last night." He said softly, and I looked up at him slightly confused as to why he was thanking me.

"For staying with us, for comforting Eros." He says, his voice softer then usual, reminding me of soft fresh honey. His soft hair was all over the place looking like messy bed head and yet still he looked in control. Like a true king.

"It was no problem." I say lightly, attempting to pull back from his hold, but he shakes his head at me slowly. Hesitantly pulling me even closer, looking deep into my eyes as he does. His gaze so intense it felt as if he could see right through me, see what I was trying to hide. Begging me with his eyes to stay.

My stomach lets out a grumble making my eyes widen, and a blush cover my cheeks as I hide my face into Alaricus' pillow. I look at him from the corner of my eye to see him smiling down at me softly. He pushes the covers off of him, sitting up so that he was sitting on his knees on the bed, hovering over me.

I turn away from him a bit, but let out an embarrassing squeal when he puts an arm around my waist. The other arm going under my curled knees picking me up into his strong arms. Cradling me against his firm warm chest, as if I were a child.

"Let's get some food in you shall we." He said, grinning down at me, and I stared back at him still too startled to speak, it was to early in the morning to be defying gravity.

He walked comfortably with me in his arms, as if the weight of a 17 year old girl didn't hinder him even one bit.

"I-I can walk." I stuttered out as we got to the stairs, but he shook his head at me frowning softly.

"But you shouldn't have to." He said, his voice holding a finality, one I didn't wish to challenge, but my curiosity betrayed me, and I perked up in his arms raising a brow at him, and he sighed gently.

"You don't have shoes, and the floor is very cold, your precious little feet would be cold, and I can't have that." He says, and I turn from him biting my lip to contain a smile at his words, Eros really was a part of Alaricus.

He walked to the kitchen, setting me into one of the leather chairs at the breakfast bar, and I nearly squeaked in delight when I realized they were one of the twisty ones. Ignoring my surroundings I twirled happily on the chairs, reminiscing in the memories of my
family me and my dad would always do this. It drove my mother insane, she would yell at us, which would only make us giggle. Although she would try to avoid giving in to our childish ways eventually she would, joining in on our loud laughter.

I opened my eyes, to see Alaricus staring at me a soft smile on his face as he stared at me in awe, and I blushed. I was acting like a seven year old in front of the most powerful Alpha.

"What would you like to eat love?" He asked softly, resting his hands on the counter at which I sat, leaning into me. I pursed my lips unintentionally, thinking of what to eat, stopping when his gaze dropped to my lips.

"Pancakes." I asked hesitantly, making him break out of his trance and he smiled at me apologetically before nodding. Shrugging sheepishly and biting down onto his lower lip as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm going to make you fresh hot syrup." He told me getting out the ingredients and pans, and I gave him a small smile as he looked at me for approval.

"Would you like any help?" I asked, and he shook his head at me, a playful smile on his lips, his eyes mischievous as he said
"I think it's better off if you supervise love, I'd hate for you to hurt yourself, or me. Or burn down our home." He said chuckling, and I glared at him my lips turning into an involuntary pout, and his chuckles died down as he came closer to me as if in a trance. His eyes darkening with gold, glazed over slightly.

His hand slowly reached out cupping my jaw in his large warm rough hand, his thumb stroking my bottom lip softly, making my breath hitch and my lips part slightly. His eyes flickered down to my eyes, to my lips and back. Alaricus leaned in slowly and my eyes began to flutter close.

My heart began beating tenfold as I felt him grow even closer, his breath on my lips, but my eyes flew open when I heard Adrian's childish voice call out to me
"Amara." He yelled running into the room, and I jumped away from Alaricus, nearly falling off the chair on which I sat as I did. Alaricus' arm shot out wrapping around me steadying me. His eyes watch me intently as I breathed deeply, his eyes flickered back to my parted lips once more before he walked back to his cooking syrup.

Adrian ran upto me, holding his arms up for me to carry him, looking at me with big excited eyes and I smiled at him lifting him up into my arms.

"How are you baby?" I asked him quietly cradling his little soft warm body to my chest, and he smiled at me,
"I'm ok Mari, but I missed you." He said, calling me by the nickname he had decided upon giving me.

"I missed you too munchkin." I tell him, tickling his soft belly with my fingertips and he lets out a shriek giggling uncontrollably. I look up to see Alaricus staring at us with a soft smile, and I send him a small shy smile.

Adrian calms down as I stop tickling him, and he turns to Alaricus and his eyes widen dramatically, he looks up at me wide eyed asking me in a soft whisper.
"Sire Knight?" And I nod at him, making him turn back to Alaricus who watches our interaction with amusement in his eyes.

"Good morning Sire Knight." Adrian says, staring at Alaricus with his big blue eyes, looking like two saucers on his small round face, with how wide he's opened them. Excitement and nerves swirling within them as if he didn't know what to feel.

Alaricus smiles at him walking over to us, he leans down so that he and Adrian are at eye level.
"Morning Adrian." He says and Adrian lets out a small gasp.

"You know my name?" He asks excitedly and Alaricus smiles at him nodding
"Your mother told me about you." He says and I look at him questioningly.
"How do you know Victoria?" I ask not expecting him to know his butler's wife.

"She's Frank's wife of course I know her, and she use to work here too, but she's on leave now as she is pregnant." He tells me, and I nod, playing with Adrian's soft curls.
"What are you making Sire Knight?" Adrian asks.

"Fresh sweet syrup and pancakes." Alaricus tells him, and Adrian's eyes light up with excitement, and he bounces in my lap asking to help.
"Can I help?" He asks staring at Alaricus with his big blue begging eyes, his curls getting into his face making him pout adorably, and Alaricus nods. His large hands wrapping around Adrain's tiny waist and he grabs him gently from my arms. Leading him to the kitchen, putting him down on the floor he hands stuff to Adrian to do for him and Adrian nods eagerly, happy to be helping his dad's boss.

I watch them as they cook together smiling as I see the way Alaricus listens to Adrian intently, hanging off of his every word. Indulging in his every whim, making the little munchkin extremely happy.

They finally walk over to me setting the food down, the sweet warm aroma of the syrup making my mouth water.

Alaricus piles pancakes onto my plate, drenching them in syrup and they both stare at me expectantly as I take a bite. Nearly groaning in delight at the taste of the soft fluffy pancake drenched in the fresh syrup, but I contain myself.

"It's delicious." I compliment them, and they smile happily high fiving before they both dig in.

I listen to Adrian ramble about a new toy as we eat, and I turn to Alaricus, to see he has a smudge of batter on his smooth tan cheek. I gesture to his cheek, making him look at me questioningly, I swipe the back of my hand on my own cheek and his eyes widen. He rubs his large hand over his own cheek, somehow despite the size of his hand, managing to completely miss the batter. I lean over the counter slowly hesitantly cupping his face in my hands. I use my thumb to swipe the batter off his face gently, looking into his eyes, and he stares at me intently as I do, an unrecognizable emotion in his eyes.

I turn back to Adrian giggling as he tells me dramatically of how offended he was when a girl at his preschool refused to play with the toy. Swearing to me it was so cool that even girls would like it. I turn back to Alaricus feeling his gaze on my face, and my smile drops as I see he once again has syrup on his face. The golden brown syrup now right at the corner of his lip and he stares at me with innocent eyes, too innocent. I bite my lip trying to contain a smile, and I simply turn back to Adrian helping him clean his sticky hands, with a napkin. I see Alaricus pout from the corner of my eyes, as he wipes the syrup off his face himself with a napkin, frowning dejectedly. His bottom lip jutting out making him look like a petulant child, and once again I struggle to contain my giggles.

I wonder what people would think when I told them that the big scary Alpha King was more like a puppy than the monster everyone thought he was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788 18 26
What happens when her true love is a guy she despies
3.4K 731 26
He is cocky! She is humble! He is a werewolf! She is human! Both have suffered a lot! Both want to be loved! A werewolf story! No violence neith...
1.4K 58 31
Book two of Unworthy They called me beast They called me monster They call me savage They said I had no conscience. I had no mercy. I always got wh...
1.2K 59 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...