I. Denying My Love (Damon Sal...

By oohfluffy

deny it all you want, but you're already deep in love. [BOOK 1] [2013] PS. I wrote this when I was still in 6... More

Introduction of Patricia Gilbert
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
Chapter 15: Farewell Again
Chapter 16: Back To Mystic Falls
Chapter 17: Why Can't I Be A Protector?
Chapter 18: Eyes From Here
Chapter 19: She's Very Determined To Fight
Chapter 20: Oh No..
Chapter 21: Death
Epilogue: Denying My Love

S e v e n

9.3K 248 19
By oohfluffy

Patricia's P.O.V

"Well, well, well." I chuckled as I looked away from him, a bitter smirk curving up on my lips. "It's really brave of you to show your face to me."

"Look, babe. I'm—"

"Sorry? Yeah. Isn't it your favorite word?" I called the bartender in-charge and ordered beer. "You always say that to me. But I don't think every time you say it is sincere, is it?"

"Please just listen, okay? Just this one time? Please?" Tyler said while looking at me with pleading eyes.

Just let him explain, Pat.

I nodded for him to speak and he sighed in relief.

"Patricia, since the incident that happened— You witnessed it. I regret seeing the pain in your eyes. I'm at fault, I know. I would be shameless to as for your forgiveness now, it's all up to you. I'm sorry." Tyler held my hands, making me look at him.

Am I ready to forgive him?

Well, he hurt you a lot.

Yes, he did.

No, you should forgive him. It'll be a lot better to let go of the pain he has caused you and just move on with life happily.

That's the better option.

"Okay. I forgive you, Tyler. But this doesn't change anything between us, okay? We'll stay friends."

Tyler quickly hugged me and breathed out in relief. I hugged him back with a smile.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him.

"I missed you, Pat." He whispered on my ear. I smiled and patted his back before pulling away from him.

"I missed you too, Ty." I said with a smile before walking away from him.

I really feel better now.

It's like a heavy burden was lifted up from my shoulders.

I know I chose the right option.

I walked out of the mansion and went to the garden.

I don't know how I sense things but I felt something wrong in this area. I stopped on my tracks and looked around when my vision turned white—

Damon was biting Caroline on her neck. His eyes weren't the crystal blue orbs that shine under the moon, they were dark and hideous.

He pulled away from Caroline and suddenly spitted out blood before becoming unconscious. Stefan appeared before them and quickly held Caroline, making her look into his eyes.

"You will not remember this happened. You will go home now and clean your neck, don't remember that you did that. You will tell your mother and friends that you went home because you felt sick." Stefan said.

Caroline robotically left while Stefan picked Damon up before disappearing into the darkness.

I breathed out heavily as I looked around in panic.

What the hell.

I think it happened already. Shit.

I quickly went back inside and met Matt on the way.

"Hey Matt. Can you give me a lift at home? Elena left without me." I said with pleading eyes. He kindly smiled before nodding.

"Yeah. Of course, sure. I'm not gonna let you go home yourself either." He said, taking my hand and led me to his truck.

We arrived in front of our house after a few minutes.

"Thanks for bringing me home tonight, Matt." I smiled as I got out of his truck. He smiled and nodded before driving off.

I watched as the truck got out of my sight. I went inside our house and—

It's pretty quiet tonight.

I walked up to my room. I locked my door and took off my dress, shoes, earrings, bangles, and put down my bag on the table. I changed into my shorts and cute t-shirt. I lay down on my bed and slept, thinking about what just happened tonight.

Is Caroline okay?

The next day

I opened my eyes and instantly groaned when the sunshine hit my face. I forgot closing the curtains.

I suddenly remembered what day today is.

Today is the 'Sexy Suds Carwash'.

I kinda like the theme that we have to wear shorts and simple shirts, they're more comfortable than jeans. I mean, who'll wash a car wearing jeans? It'll be hard to move around.

I took a shower and went to my closet. I looked at the clock. It's 11:46 in the morning.

Wow, I'm fucking late.

The carwash started at 10:30 if I can recall.

First, I wore my neon pink bra then a thin grey shirt to cover it and denim shorts. I brushed my hair and tie it up into a ponytail. I looked on the mirror and be narcissistic for a moment.

"Patricia Gilbert, you are such a hottie." I laughed to myself as I wetted my lips, not bothering to put make-up if I'm just gonna clean cars. It'll take time too.

After wearing my sneakers, I walked downstairs and figured that I'm alone. Well, I think Jer is upstairs, probably sleeping. Elena and Jenna already left. I tapped my pocket and felt my phone before leaving the house.

It only took 10 minutes for me to arrive at the field where the carwash is happening.

Different cars were parked on the sided and I can barely count them. I let my eyes roam around for a second and saw Caroline talking to someone. Is she okay?

I was about to walk to her and ask when I saw Elena and Stefan cleaning a car while talking at the same time. I glanced at Caroline again and decided I'll talk to her later. I quickly walked towards my sister.

"Hey Elena! Stefan." I greeted as they turned around. I can sense many heads turned to me, making me smirk a little. It's not like I love the attention but I'm getting more confident when they notice me. Am I weird?

I ignored the fact that even Stefan checked me out.

"Hey Pat." Elena smiled with a slight teasing in her tone. "You're wearing sexy things now?" I laughed at her comment when I suddenly saw Tyler from a far. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Yeah. You look..." Stefan stopped talking when he followed my gaze, making Elena do the same. Her eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Tyler, huh? Are you two back together or something?" Elena glared at me. She didn't really like Tyler for me from the start. She knows he plays around and just throws girls as if they're trash. I knew that but I still liked him.

"Nope. Why would you ask that? No way in hell." I chuckled as I reached for a rag before starting to clean one of the cars near. It's tiring as hell.

Well, my cleaning time wasn't that bad since many guys insisted that they'll just clean them for me. They're all smiles and grins as they grabbed rags and continued my work, telling me they'll handle it. I just backed off and said thanks, I mean I know they're showing off but whatever it's their loss.

"Hi." A voice behind me said, making turn around in surprise.

"Hey, Tyler. How's cleaning?" I said and smiled at him.

"Exhausting." Tyler breathed out as he looked around, making me wonder what's wrong. "Uhm, can I tell you something?" His face alerted me that he's getting serious right now, so I just nodded for him to continue.

"Pat, how can I say this..." Tyler bit his lower lip as he trailed off. My eyebrows furrowed as he acted weird.

"I still love you."

My eyes slightly widened at his sudden confession. I didn't expect hearing that from him.

"My feelings just didn't go away like that. I know you hate me because of what I did." His eyes bore into mine. "But I just wanted you to know that I love you."

He was sincere, I can see that. His eyes gave him away. Maybe it was the pain that he caused me before that made me forget my feelings, but I don't feel the same way anymore.

I took a deep breath before holding his hand with a frown.

"I'm sorry. I can't say the same but can we still be friends?" As I said those words, Tyler's eyes dimmed. "I'm sorry I just— I just don't love you anymore as much as I've loved you before. I'm sorry." I wrapped my arms around him, feeling how his heart beats against mine. He hugged back and I felt him nodding.

Sometimes, we need to let go of the people we love to have freedom for ourselves too.

Second chances are acceptable but you should think about yourself first and let the person prove that he's worth it.

This time, I want some time for myself.

With no one but my family and friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678K 11.2K 86
[COMPLETE. EDITED] When he meets her his world feels complete. When she meets him she feels as if she is safe and protected. She is scared that he w...
125K 2.8K 27
This is a delena fan fiction full of laughs, cries and changes of heart. Elena Gilbert as you know has always loved Stefan Salvatore, She uses the sa...
511K 14.9K 45
"Have you ever been in love?" "Once... A long time ago." BXB ~ The Vampire Diaries This is Fanfiction. I only own Christian and my story plot. The re...