Yours To Keep [Completed]

By Alexa_Rayne

River Williams , the Quarterback of Haldenbridge University has everything his heart desires. He's the lone a... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: The Last Goodbye
Chapter 3: A New Beginning
Chapter 4: The Warmth of Friendship
Chapter 5: The Invitation
Chapter 6: When The Heart Burns
Chapter 7: The First Stirring Of Desire
Chapter 8: The Kiss of a Dream
Chapter 9: All Mine, Only Mine
Chapter 10: A Memory of the Past
Chapter 11: Jealousy All Around
Chapter 12: A Step Further
Chapter 13: Without Further Ado
Chapter 14: If Not You, Then Nobody Else
Chapter 15: One With You
Chapter 16: Insatiable
Chapter 17: You Flirt With Me, I flirt Back
Chapter 18: You Wanted The Truth, There You Have It
Chapter 19: I Love You. Today, Tomorrow, Forever
Chapter 20: Where The Heart Lies
Chapter 21: In Celebration Of Us
Chapter 22: The Beginning Of Forever
Epilogue: Making Dreams Come True
Bonus: A Day Of Miracle

Chapter 1: The Heart Break

102K 2.8K 1.6K
By Alexa_Rayne

River had been going from one jewelry store to another for the last hour in search of the perfect gift for his beautiful girlfriend, Lynn. Something stunning, yet simple to display his affection for the girl who took his breath away, and stole his heart when they first met.

Being the star player of the football team at one of the most prestigious university in all of America, River had list-full of girls falling at his feet for a chance to date him. It also didn't help considering the fact that he was the sole heir to the Williams Empire.

Sure he had dated before, but he had never felt so drawn to anyone at first glance as he did for Lynn. They met during the celebration party after one of his games. He could still remember how heart-stopping she looked in her fitted, black dress, stopping mid-thigh. Her dark brown hair twisted off one shoulder and a gold pleated necklace adorned her neck with matching earrings.

She had congratulated him on a game well-played and from then on, they've crossed path so often that it gave coincidence a whole new meaning. Within the week they've met, people had already coupled them together so it only seemed natural when the question was thrown out to them during a get-together with their friends on the status of their relationship that they've simply went along with it, making their relationship official that night.

It had been more than five months since then, and he was planning a romantic date upon hitting the six months point which was in two days. He had already planned what to cook, and bought all the groceries and equipment for what he planned after eating dinner. All that was left was a gift and so far none had caught his attention.

Looking at all the jewelry displayed in front of him, he felt a bit overwhelmed. Carefully cruising through the display, a gorgeous silver gold bracelet caught his attention.

"May I see that one please?" River pointed to the bracelet in question.

"Of course, sir," the saleswoman unlocked the glass-enclosed counter and handed it to River. "I must say beautiful choice! It's our latest model and its design is a rarity in of its own."

Taking a closer look at the bracelet, he was taken aback by the intricate design. A simple yet stunning design of a rose centered the bracelet with tiny leaves on either side that connected to the silver gold chain.

"This is perfect." River concluded and he was sure that Lynn would be blown away especially with her fondness of jewelry which he was well aware of. After paying for the bracelet, he headed home in relief.

River arrived home after driving back for 50 minutes. He parked his Porsche that his parents gave him on his eighteen birthday in one of the various parking space. He had about three hours to complete the assignment for one of his business classes before having to pick up Lynn from campus to go the opening of a new club that she'd been excited to attend.

Lynn had always been one to socialize with everyone. One of the reasons she was infamous among the students at Haldenbridge University, was her interactions with them despite their differences. Her beauty had people stop in their track and simply stare at her sheer perfection. She was like a Christmas gift all wrapped up in its glory. And she was all his! A smile appeared on River's face as he reminisced how in such a short of time, Lynn had made a place in his life.

Shaking his head, River hid Lynn's gift in a drawer of his office desk and subsequently locked it. Afterwards, he fired up his laptop and began working on his business assignment.

Having been so focused on his work, River didn't realize that he'd been at it for the last three hours and a half. The sound of incoming texts broke his momentum and upon checking the message, he noticed the time.

Baby where r u?

You should have been here already

I have to be at that club before it opens!!!!!

Now I'm going to be LATE....

Cursing lowly, River quickly replied.

Sorry sweetcheeks, I got caught up in my assignment and lost track of time I'll pick u up in a bit

Making his way into his en suite bathroom, he took a 5 minute shower and then groomed himself into black jeans and a dark blue short-sleeve button up shirt. Leaving the top three buttons opened, he ran his hands through his damp hair and then rushed off to pick up Lynn.

***

"I'm truly sorry sweetcheeks, please forgive me," River apologized to Lynn as soon as Lynn entered the car. The look on her face was enough for River to know that she was pissed at him for being late. This was definitely not a good start. They were supposed to go out and have a good time in each other's company. River began to drive, hoping she would calm down but he had a feeling that Lynn wouldn't let this go so easily.

"How could you forget to pick me up River? You know how much I was looking forward to this!", Lynn exclaimed loudly, clearly furious.

"We're not going to be that late. The club opened 25 minutes ago! We'll be there in about 10 to 15 minutes give or take. It'll be fine."

"That's beside the point. The point is that you've disregarded my feelings when you knew how much this meant to me."

Not liking where this is going, River reached out to grab her hand but Lynn pulled away. Once again River tried to grab her hand and tighten his hold so that this time she wouldn't be able to pull away. "I'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean to disregard your feelings, I simply lost track of time."

"You make it sound like it's not a big deal! But it is! To me this is a big deal," Lynn exasperated, turning to face River. "I bet you were too busy flirting with other girls...probably why you lost track of time."

"What?" River asked, shocked at her for even thinking of something like that. "You know that's not true! Besides I texted you to inform you the only reason I was late was because I was focused on my business assignment that you are clearly aware is due tomorrow." River could feel his blood boiling within him and he clenched the wheels to diffuse the anger that was igniting. His hold was so tight that his knuckles were draining of its color.

"Hmph!" Lynn looked out the window while River focused on the road and not one more word was uttered for the rest of the ride.

When they arrived at the club, people were still lined up. Disregarding others, River wrapped his arm around Lynn's waist from behind and skipped right to the front. ID's weren't even needed under River's influence and they eased their way inside the club. Upon entering the club, they were met with hundreds of writhing bodies moving to the music blasting loudly. The lights were dimmed and rays of green and red laser shot in every direction.

As soon as they made it to the reserved table, Lynn broke away from River's hold and took a seat across from him.

"Sweetcheeks, come on. Just let it go." River pleaded but to no avail. Lynn continued to ignore him. Sighing, River decided to get some drinks in hopes of being able to put this little argument behind them. "I'll get us some drinks. You want your usual?" River asked and left after receiving a nod from Lynn.

"A strawberry margarita and a whiskey on the rocks, please" River shouted to the bartender over the loud music. Turning around to look at his girlfriend while waiting for the drinks, he drank in her beautiful form. Dressed in a short emerald green dress with a sweetheart neckline, Lynn looked like a siren. Her creamy skin glowed in contrast to the green and her lips looked so inviting painted in red. It drove him crazy just thinking of all the things he wanted to do to her right this moment.

"Your drinks," the bartender handed him and River thanked him before returning to Lynn with the drinks in hand. Sipping on his drink, his eyes never strayed from Lynn as she scanned the room and watched the people dancing on the dance floor. He wanted to tell her how beautiful she looked but her attention was never on him.

Dunking down her strawberry margarita, Lynn stood up, announcing that she wanted to dance and hopped away before River could even respond. Closing his eyes, River was really starting to get annoyed. Yes, they've bickered before but would always make up pretty quickly. And yet today she seemed to drag this out for more than was necessary. It was the first time that he was late and she couldn't accept his apology nor let it go.

Taking in a few deep breaths, River opened his eyes and searched for Lynn only to find her dancing sensuously against another girl. The girls had their backs to each other as they grinded low against one another. As River looked up, his eyes connected to Lynn and he could have sworn that she was taunting him. Fire crawled underneath his skin and the aching in his groin had him on his feet and sauntering to Lynn in a matter of seconds.

He took a hold of her wrist and pulled her right in front of his body. Lynn slid her hands up his chest and rested it on his shoulders. River leaned in,

"You've been a naughty girl." He bit her earlobe lightly and then nibbled on the skin underneath her ear. "You like getting me riled up." Lynn gasped and River tightened his hold on her waist. "You shouldn't play with fire sweetcheeks, if you can't handle getting burned."

Lynn laced her fingers through the hair at the back of his head and pulled hard.

"What if I like it? What can you do?"

Turning her around, River pressed his arousal against her ass. "I can do a lot of things, things thatwould have you begging and yearning for more. Even then, it won't be enough. At least not until I drink all your sweet juice and then f-uck you so hard that you pass out from too much pleasure."

Lynn moaned and grinded harder on his hard erection. River slid his hands across her torso and thrusted his pelvic forward. Gosh, he wanted to rip the clothes off of her and take her on the dance floor, people be damned. But he had to control himself, at least until he got her alone. And when he does, he would make sure that she wouldn't be able to walk the next day.

He started kissing her shoulder as their bodies moved on instinct.

"Forgive me," River whispered huskily.

Lynn twisted her head and pecked him on the lips, as a way of giving her response and they continued to dance. After a few songs, Lynn broke away from River and turned around to face him.

"I need to use the restroom," Lynn said, kissing him hard. He sucked her lips, nibbling and then bit the lower one. Lynn gasped and River took his chance to thrust his tongue inside her mouth and deepened the kiss. A low growl emanated from within his throat and before he lost control, he pulled away.

"I'll be right back." Lynn turned and strolled into the crowd to go to the bathroom.

***

Their six months anniversary was finally here, River was excited to surprise his girl with the romantic dinner he planned for the evening. He had asked his parents if hecould set up his date down by the lakeside. His parents were more than happy to obliged, after making sure to remind River to take protection.

"Don't forget to exercise safe bedroom affairs, son," his mom informed him during breakfast. "As much as we would love to have little Rivers running around, the time is not appropriate."

Embarrassment washed over River and he was sure he was blushing when his parents laughed. "Thanks for the warning but I got it covered, mom."

"Your mom and I are going on an overnight business trip, son. We'll be back within two days from now," his dad told River as he sipped on his coffee.

After breakfast, River headed to Haldenbridge University where he was in his second year in his business and finance major. Lynn lived on campus so he would be meeting her there.

Lynn was waiting for River at his usual parking spot and headed in together. River dropped her to her class and subsequently left to attend his after placing a kiss on her forehead.

For the rest of the day, he couldn't pay attention in class as all his thoughts were on how this date was going to play out tonight. He had already organized the outdoor set up for their romantic dinner and all that was left to do when he got home was to get started on the cooking. He could have asked the chef to cook it for him, but River wanted to surprise Lynn. It would be more special if he were to personally prepare it to show her just how much she meant to him.

Minutes turned into hours and River was starting to get impatient. He tried his best to concentrate but not even his favorite lecture was able to gain his attention. He was constantly tapping his fingers on the table from impatience. As soon as his lecture for the day ended, he sent out a text to Lynn letting her know to come at 7 pm at his place and then he rushed home in his Porsche.

After coming home, he quickly put on an apron and got started on the corn, zucchini, jalapeno spaghetti with parmesan crumbs. Following the directions, he prepared the dish to perfection and put it on the side while he got started on the caesar salad. He had already marinated the steak the day before in order to infuse the flavors so he could grill them last. After mixing the home-made dressing with the romaine lettuce, he toppled the salad with bread crumbs , shredded boiled eggs and some cheese. Giving the caesar salad one last stir, he placed it in the fridge and then began working on the quick and easy tiramisu, a recipe he found online. After 10 minutes, he was done with the tiramisu. He put the desert in the fridge, next to the freshly cut fruits for the evening and then grilled the savoury garlic marinated steak.

Looking at the time, it was 6:40. River went to take a shower to get rid of the smell that stuck to his clothes and skin. Coming out of the shower, he dressed up in black slacks and a burgundy red button up shirt. He rolled the cuffs up midway and styled his hair back. Spraying a hint of his favorite cologne, he looked in the mirror for one last look. Satisfied he went downstairs right on time for the door bell to ring.

Opening the door, he came face to face with a sight that aroused him. Before River stood Lynn wearing a coral red romper stopping right below her ass. Scanning her from head to toe, her dark brown hair was tousled as though someone ran their hand through them, it gave her a sexy appearance. She wore a simple black chained necklace that matched her high heels.

Clearing his thoughts that were quickly turning naughty, River invited Lynn inside.

"You look stunning sweetcheeks," River whispered to Lynn as he leaned down for a kiss.

"Thanks. This romper really emphasize my curves, I love it," Lynn shrieked from the compliment. "So where are we going tonight?"

Chuckling, River led Lynn out the back door and down the plot of land where the majestic, landscaped backyard laid that overlooked the faraway lakeside. The lush greenery stretched for miles, retaining its natural form with all the tall trees standing proudly on either sides, leaving the backyard cleared open for entertainment. 

"Why are you taking me out back? I thought we were going dine out like we usually do?" Lynn asked when she noticed the direction they were headed.

"Not this time, sweetcheeks. Tonight is special, I have prepared something else for you."

"Special?" Lynn mutteredunder her breath so that River wouldn't hear. Surely today was nothing special. Trying to think, nothing came to mind so she just disregarded it. After all, River was a man full of surprises.

Lynn quietly followed River's trail, stone tiles trailing a pathway to where a beautiful picnic-like set up awaited. A beautiful canopy shielded their head, the candles were arrayed on the grounds giving the ambiance an illuminating glow.

"River why, this is so beautiful! Thank you," Lynn gasped in awe. "Though there was no need."

"No need? You deserve nothing but the best and sweetcheeks, exactly six months from today is the day you became my girlfriend. I had to do something for you." River replied, looking at Lynn like she was his world.

Mentally cursing, Lynn totally forgot about that. After all, she was occupied with things other than River. "Of course, thank you River."

"I hope you're hungry, I prepared dinner for us today." Lynn's stomach growled, voicing out her answer and River laughed, finding it just so damn cute. "Come on, everything is ready."

Sitting down, River and Lynn ate their dinner in peace while enjoying the romantic view in front of them. When they were finished, he gathered the dishes and informed Lynn that he'll be right back with desserts.

River placed the dirty dished in the sink and then took the tiramisu and fruits from the fridge and placed it on the platter on the counter. He checked his pocket to ensure that the gift was there and just as he was about to leave, incoming texts shrieked and his phone vibrated multiple times before settling down. Putting down the platter, he pulled out his phone and found a message sent from an unknown number to a private group chat that included him and his 2 childhood best friends.

Upon opening the message, he was met with a video from the unknown number followed by angry responses from his friends which caused his stomach to churn on instinct, a gut feeling as though something bad was going to happen. Yet despite feeling anxious, his interest intrigued him even more, wanting to know what this video entailed.

Tapping play, River froze in shock as he saw the most outrageous sight in front of him. No way. No f*cking way. Disbelief slapped River right across the face so hard that River staggered back. He couldn't believe his eyes. There was just no way that this was happening right now. What kind of sick joke was this? This was what it was, was it not? A sick joke. Someone taking something a bit too far because as far as River knew, it was not him starring in this video with his girlfriend.

But no matter how matter times River tried to convince himself that his eyes was betraying him, there was no doubt that it was a video of Lynn who was pressed against the wall, her legs wrapped around a guy who was obviously not him as the guy in question hammered into her. The camera caught her face full on in the act as her pleas resonated loud and clear.

"Faster, come on give it to harder...faster baby. Pound into me" Lynn cried out, her face marred by ecstasy.

The guy whose back is to the camera did exactly as she asked, her cries magnified.

"Yes... That's it baby." The guy groaned and Lynn moaned loudly as her nails pierced into the guy's back.

Shock by what he saw, River froze on the spot, incapable of even shutting down the video.

"River what's taking you so long," Lynn questioned, walking into the kitchen where River stood like a statue. His eyes were fixed on his phone and Lynn's eyes widened upon hearing her own voice yelling as she found her release.

The video ended and silence engulfed the space surrounding them. No sounds was made and the only ones that can be heard was the sound of heartbeats racing away.

"River," Lynn was the first to break through the quietness. She was about to continue but the look on River's face as he had finally looked at her silenced her words.

River's eyes were bloodshot as tears embezzled his eyes, yet fighting desperately not to fall. His jaw was clenched and his face was marred in pain as his heart continued to take the slashing, bleeding out as his mind replayed the video over and over again.

*****************************************************************************************************

a/n

Here is the first chapter! I hope you guys like it. The next chapter is going to be about our female lead, Serena James.

Please do like and comment! I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 92.6K 184
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
52.6K 2K 44
Two weeks until college, Eviana Rose thought it was a good time to do a prank call. After a prank call gone wrong, Eviana caught herself talking to K...
190K 4.7K 27
Sophia Miller is a yoga instructor and barista living in London and life couldn't be any better. But when Sophia keeps running into a handsome green...
3M 123K 58
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...