Running Into You

Od ccj-11

Jordyn is the younger sister of Alexis. They are only a year apart... Paige is Alexis's best friend and feels... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 16

41.5K 1.1K 160
Od ccj-11

Paige POV

Once again, I come home to an empty house. I try calling my dad, but I get no answer.

The constant worrying about him is really starting to tear me up on the inside. I go to my room and sit there. I start panicking as it feels like the walls are crashing down on me.

I feel like I'm starting to live a double life. Outside these walls I'm extremely happy, but once I enter my house everything changes. My house is starting to suck the life out of me and soon it's going to show outside these walls.

I decided to reach out to my mom. I have not heard from her since the day she was randomly in town the first day Jordyn and I worked on our project.

The phone rings a couple of times before I hear my mom's voice.

"Paige, I have been meaning to call you." She instantly says not letting me say a word. "You are coming to my house for the two weeks you are off for Christmas break."

"What?" I shout. "No!"

"It's not up to you. I'll see you soon." My mom hangs up.

She didn't give me a chance to explain why I called. I would have wasted my breath telling her. She doesn't care. I don't understand why she cares if I'm there or not.

I don't know how either of my parents feel about me anymore. It's quite lonely.

The next morning when I wake up, I go straight upstairs. Of course, there is no sign of my dad. I'm not even sure if he bothered coming home last night. I try to call him again, but he doesn't answer.

I get ready for school and leave the house. At least for now school can be an outlet.

I pull into the school parking lot. I noticed right away that there were eyes on me. I walk through the parking lot towards the building with eyes constantly on me. What is with all the attention? Did someone see my day sleeping somewhere? Did he ask one of these people to get him alcohol?

I walk into the school and hear people snickering when I go by. I can't hear what anyone is saying though. I get to my locker and don't see Alexis anywhere. A breeze goes by me. I turn my head to see Scott is leaning on the locker beside mine.

"What do you want?" I didn't attempt to hide my annoyance.

He does his half grin. It makes me want to slap him.

"Why didn't you tell me you swung for the other team? I would love to get a front row viewing."

I slam my locker and stare at him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

He starts to laugh. "Word on the street is Paige Gregory is a lesbian."

I look around and see people are staring at me. This must be why I'm getting the random attention when I got here.

"Where did you hear that from?"

"Someone saw you this weekend." He tells me. "They said you were dancing all over some blonde chick with your tongue down her throat most of the time."

If he referred to the other girl as a blonde chick that means he has no idea about Jordyn.

With all the stress about my dad, I don't fight it. "You caught me."

Scott's face looked surprised when I didn't deny it. He leans in and it looks like he was trying to kiss me.

I put my hand up to stop him. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Come on Paige, don't act like some chick is better than me." He grabs his nuts and makes a gesture towards me.

I hit him in the arm and walked away.

"WHATEVER DYKE." He yells out as I'm halfway down the hall.

Of course, more eyes were now on me, but I didn't care right now. I just turn around and yell back at him. "YOU GOT THAT RIGHT."

I went to my first class. I knew it would be a bad idea if I went to see Jordyn. If the word gets out that the girl is blonde, I shouldn't go straight to the blonde herself. When I got in there Alexis was already sitting.

I go over and sit down in my seat beside her.

By the fact she isn't freaking out, I don't think she knows what is going on.

"You haven't heard?"

Alexis looks at me confused. "Heard what?"

For someone who usually knows all the gossip I'm surprised. "I'm the school's newest lesbian."

People's eyes go on me in the classroom. I could tell they were waiting to see what I said about it to Alexis.

Alexis's eyes got big, but went back to normal when she saw I didn't care about it getting out.

"Oh my god baby, about time you came out." She leans over the desk and throws her arms around me kissing my cheek repeatedly.

She is giving the lurking eyes a show. Her actions work as they look away with help of the death glare Alexis provided afterwards.

"Are you okay?" Alexis questions once she gets back situated.

I shrug. "I don't care anymore to be honest."

She nods, but then gets a worried look.

"They don't know." That is all I had to say to let her know that Jordyn is in the clear.

First period went by. As I was walking to geography, I heard more people talking about me. I want to say how stupid and immature they were, but I didn't. I used to be one of those girls who would hear something and blow it out of proportion.

As I was walking to class, I was stopped by Derek.

"Are you okay?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He gives me a hug.

During the hug I whisper. "They don't know about Jordyn."

I figured that was the only reason he was asking how I was doing. I let go and continued for the second hour.

The thirty second bell goes off and I'm still a good distance from the class. I pick up my pace trying not to be late. When I was turning the corner to the classroom, I ran into someone. I instantly grab them so neither of us fall. I silently laugh in my head when I see it was Jordyn.

She was smiling when she noticed it was me. I thought we were done running into each other like this. Not realizing I still had a hold of her arms, I heard a comment behind me.

"Be careful Jordyn, word on the street she is a lesbian."

I let go of Jordyn and saw her face go to panic.

I walk by her and go into the classroom. Jordyn comes in behind me. She was going to ask a question, but the teacher came in. Not even ten seconds later, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I knew it was her.

Jordyn: What was that about?

Paige: Someone pushed me out of the closet.

Jordyn: OMG!

Paige: Yes, but don't worry. You are safe.

Jordyn: What do you mean I'm safe?

Paige: Someone saw me making out with a blonde chick at the club.

Jordyn: So how am I safe?

Paige: They don't know it was you.

Jordyn: Are you going to tell?

I looked at her and gave her the 'are your serious face'.

Paige: I wouldn't do that...

Jordyn: You shouldn't be the only one going through this.

Paige: It's fine... I'll manage.

Jordyn: I'm sorry Paige.

Paige: Don't be... but you shouldn't be seen with me...

Jordyn: I hate this...

Paige: I'm trying to protect you...

Jordyn: If they find out, they will find out. I can't be without you.

We stop texting because the teacher keeps eyeing us. The last thing I want is for him to take our phone and read our conversation.

The rest of class went by. As the school day goes by, I hear every rude comment possible and it's only half the day so far.

When I get to lunch, I try to convince Alexis to sit at our normal table. She refused. I don't know why she would want me to sit at a table with Jordyn. If at all, it could help people figure out who the blonde is.

I sit in my normal spot at this table across from Jordyn.

I thought today was going to be an outlet away from my home drama, but now I'm not sure which one is worse. I know I keep saying that "coming out" doesn't bug me, but I didn't get to do it on my own terms. I had no control over it and it's not easy hearing people talking about you.

"Why is the lesbian sitting with us?" I look down and see Claire asking everyone.

I try to ignore her, but Derek speaks up. "Why does it matter?"

Claire looks around. Instead of saying another rude remark, she asks a question. "Who's the blonde you were making out with?"

It took all my power not to look at Jordyn. That would be a dead giveaway. It would make it easier on me if Jordyn would step up and say something, but I know she isn't ready.

"Does it matter?" Callie cuts in.

"Yeah, I want to know who else not to like." Claire smirks.

Callie does the unexpected as she turns towards me. Before I could react, she kissed me. The kiss lasted only three seconds or so, but it caused a reaction throughout the cafeteria.

"It was me." Callie says proudly.

Claire raises an eyebrow. The last thing I want is Callie to take the heat I'm getting. She doesn't deserve that even though she was trying to help me out.

"It wasn't Callie." I clarified. "It's none of your business who it was. Why don't you worry about your own life?"

Claire rolls her eyes. "Why would you kiss a girl, Callie? That is disgusting."

This girl is stupid. Even if she isn't using my name in there she is still taking a shot at me.

Callie winks at her. "Because I did kiss Paige Saturday night and just wanted to do it when I remembered."

Now she isn't lying, but still. I looked up at Jordyn to see how she was reacting.

Out of nowhere Jordyn gets up. "I need some air."

She gets up and walks out of the cafeteria. I look over at Alexis. I have no idea what I should do. I want to go check on her, but that would be obvious. Even though Callie's comment I think made it obvious in my opinion. Also Jordyn leaves, but no one is putting the pieces together.

I jump when I feel cold liquid on me.

"I'm so sorry!" Alexis puts her hands over her mouth. She spilled her drink all over me. "You better go change."

It clicks what she did.

Jordyn POV

All I could do was sit there. Here is my girlfriend going through a day of hell. I don't have the guts to come out and defend her. Even my best friend was going to take the fall so the heat would go off of her.

I end up walking out of the cafeteria like a coward. I go towards the back steps and sit. It's freezing out here, but at this point I don't care. I needed air. I needed to get away from Claire.

I was in the middle of cursing myself out when I heard the door open. I jumped but calmed down quickly when I saw Paige.

I spring to my feet and throw my arms around her. "I'm so sorry."

Paige pulls away and  I notice she has a different sweatshirt on.

"Your sister spilled her drink all over me, so it didn't look obvious that I came out here." I noticed her pants were still wet. "I only had an extra sweatshirt"

I feel guilty. It's pathetic that she has to get a drink spilt on her to come talk to me. This is my fault. I feel like I'm going to cry.

Paige puts her hand on the side of my face. "It's going to be okay Jordyn."

She is so sweet and comforting, but this should be the other way around.

"I'm the one who should be comforting you."

She pushes her lips on mine. She pulls back, but I pull her back in. I need to feel her close to me right now.

I didn't want to break apart, but she finally pulled away. I was staring into her eyes and my heart was beating fast.

"I'm falling in love with you." The words escape my lips without me realizing it.

Paige's eyes look right into mine. "Did you mean to say that?"

I nod. "From the first time we kissed when I wasn't drunk, I had the feeling it could happen. I might not be there yet, but I know it's going to happen. I promise I'll get the courage to come out soon."

Paige places her lips to my forehead. "There isn't a rush."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

812K 23.9K 26
Read 'I Don't Date Cheerleaders' before reading this. It's exactly been five years since 'I Don't Date Cheerleaders' takes place. HOPE LAROVE is now...
3.2K 328 31
I am Sunny Davidson, and my name is comically unfortunate. I am not bright or happy or optimistic in the slightest. In fact, most days I wish I could...
64.6K 1.4K 5
***REVISED EDITION*** Best friends since childhood, Kayla and Skye spend almost every minute together. From playing outside to worrying about college...
7.9K 342 29
Siblings get separated all the time right? then if you ever find your sibling after years and years of being apart and not even knowing the other exi...