Chapter 5

Jordyn POV

Sunday is here and I'm so excited. This is my first Seahawks game without my parents going. Callie stayed the night last night. She can careless about the game, but she is always down for a new experience.

Paige stayed last night with Alexis. I heard them get in around two a.m. Our mom also heard them so I'm sure after today Alexis will be getting an earful.

Thankfully, she is still letting us all go.
Paige and I have been talking a little more throughout the week. In a way, I feel like we are sneaking behind Alexis's back. We have a project we have to do, so we aren't.

I start to get ready for the game. I take a shower and then blow dry my hair. I put on a sweatshirt and over that I put my Russell Wilson jersey. I wear jeans and a Seahawks stocking hat. Callie on the other hand, she is wearing a sweatshirt that has nothing to do with football.

We head downstairs to wait for Alexis and Paige so we can leave. If it was up to Alexis, we would drive separately. My parents quickly turn that down.

Alexis and Paige finally come down the steps. Alexis is wearing a Seahawks hoodie. My eyes bypass her and land on Paige. I see she has jeans on along with a sweatshirt with a jersey like me.

Once she is all the way down the steps, I fully see her jersey. Richard Sherman, why am I not surprised? I couldn't help, but smile. Paige catches me staring at her. Thankfully, she flashes me a smile back.

Our moment is cut short by Alexis. "Well don't you two look cute." She sounds annoyed.

I ignore her, but Paige doesn't. "How about we have fun today?"

Alexis rolls her eyes and lets out a huff as she goes to the front door. "Let's go. Traffic is going to suck."

On the way to the stadium Paige and I chatted back and forth about the Seahawks. We were quizzing each other about the team. It was hard for us to find something the other one didn't know. I was impressed. I had no clue someone shared my obsession. It was also fun to talk shit about the Jets who were coming to town.

We get to the stadium and head to our seats. Callie brings a blanket since it's supposed to be cold.

After what felt like an hour, we made it to our seats. This place was packed and already loud. I can only imagine how loud it will be when the game starts. They don't call us the 12th man for nothing!

"Paige and Jordyn are sitting in the middle." Alexis demands when we get to our row. "God knows if not they will be yelling back and forth about shit we don't care about."

Callie laughs agreeing with Alexis. I didn't oppose it. We sit down and wait for the game to start.

The game starts causing it to get loud making it hard to hear your own thoughts. The first quarter ends with the score being tied at seven. Paige and I both have been standing cheering the whole time while Callie and Alexis both look uninterested.

Going into halftime we score and we are up by a touchdown. I'm unsure what is taking our offense so long to get in their groove. They can't keep letting a bad team stick around. That is how an upset happens.

"I'm going to the concession stand." Alexis announces. "Are you guys coming?"

I shake my head no. Callie jumps up. "I'm coming. I need a break from this obnoxiousness."

Alexis's eyes go to Paige who has yet to speak or move. "Are you coming?"

"No, I will stay here as well."
Alexis rolls her eyes before Callie and her walk off.

"You can go with her." I tell Paige. "I'll be fine sitting alone."

She gives me a smile. "I know, but I want to stay with you."

A shiver runs through my body. Was it the weather or Paige's statement?
it's freezing out here. I hardly notice during the game. Now that we are sitting here and a lot of people are out of their seats to the concession stands, I'm shivering.

"We should get a picture together, since we are both decked out in our sweet jerseys." Paige says out of nowhere.

Paige asked the guy behind us if he would take our picture. We both stood up and turned around, so the field was in the background. When we sat back down, we both took another one in selfie mode. My first thought was Alexis wouldn't approve of this, but Alexis doesn't run my life.

I grab the blanket to cover up as the cold starts to get to me. "Do you want some?" I offer some of the blankets to Paige.

She nods so I stretch the cover over her legs. As I was letting go, my hand got caught in the blanket. Paige laughs and helps me out.

Her hand touches mine and a bolt of electricity feels like it hit my body.
"Why did that happen?" I question myself.

We talk more about the game as we wait for the other two to get back.
Callie and Alexis arrived right when the third quarter was kicking off. They both wanted the blanket so we all had to scoot in close to share.

Paige and I were extremely close. My hand was resting on my leg and hers must have been on hers too because I can feel my hand grazing hers.

I thought about pulling my hand away, but instead I left it there. Paige did the same. I felt some sort of satisfaction and I don't know why.

The Seahawks scored causing Paige and I both to jump up from our seats to celebrate. This causes the covers to fly off everyone.

"Seriously?" Callie groans. "It's too cold."

My eyes look at her then to Alexis who looks annoyed as well. We sat back down. We get the blanket spread across everyone once again.

As I went to put my hands back in the covers, Paige was doing the same. Our hands ended up colliding under the blanket.

I looked over at Paige out of the corner of my eye when I felt them touch. She is looking down at the blanket where our hands would be if they were exposed.
A small smile appears on her lips.

"What is that?" I question myself again.
Paige moves her hand and turns her attention back to the game.

The game ended and the Seahawks won 31-7. Russell Wilson had an amazing game. He threw for two touchdowns. They also had a trick play where the wide receiver threw a touchdown. Overall, this day has been amazing.

We get to our vehicle. Everyone is about to get in the spots they rode in when Alexis stops Paige.

"You are switching with Callie." Alexis demands. "I don't want to hear all the shit about the game all the way home."
Callie happily agreed as she went up to the front.

Paige and I kept the talk small. Alexis's attitude killed the excitement from the game.

We got home late. Callie and Paige both left right away. I went up and showered and went to lay in bed. The last thing I want to do is go to school tomorrow.

While laying down, I call Derek and we talk for a while. The conversation was a lot about the game. He was a little mad that I didn't take him.

"I love you Jordyn. I can't wait until the day you say it back." He says on the phone as we get ready to hang up.

"Goodnight." I responded feeling awful. What if he is waiting forever?