The new girl has a mate...

By Soccerstudette

Peyton hasn't had the best past and moving to another state isn't what she was hoping for in her Senior year... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Not an update. So sorry!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Writers block
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Not an upload. Need help please!!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 2

6.9K 167 7
By Soccerstudette

Max's P.O.V. (Before he punches Jack)

I watched as that beautiful girl walked past Jack and his idiot friends. My fists clenched when he grabbed her butt. I don't know why I'm feeling this way about some girl that I haven't even met. I watched in the shadows as she walked up to him smiling and that made me even more mad. Why was she smiling at a pig like him? That jerk just makes me so mad with the way he treats girls like they are toys. All I know is that he won't treat this girl like that because I won't let that happen.

Damn, I really need to control myself. Once I saw Jack's smile fall off his face, I knew she pissed him off and that's never a good thing. He gets angry and I mean ANGRY. Like, 'I'll kill you in an instant', angry. When she walked away, Jack's friends started teasing him and I saw him start to shake. Jack thinks he runs this school just because his parents are rich and own a lot of things in this town. It's so dumb and makes me want to beat the crap out of him.

What the heck? I've usually never had thoughts about hurting him and here I am, wanting to almost kill him for touching that girl without her permission. Jack has no manners at all like I do. I won't ever push a girl to do something unless she tells me to. That's how I grew up. I live with my mom and two little sisters, so I grew up knowing how to treat a lady. Or as I would like to call this girl, a beautiful lady. She was so gorgeous that it wasn't even right.

When she walked past me, I could smell her shampoo and it smelled like lilacs and vanilla. Wow, that smells good. Don't judge me, I live with three girls, I know what flowers and vanilla smell like. That's pretty much what our house always smells like. It's not a bad smell, either. My dad left us when my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister five years ago. My other sister was only two so it didn't matter as much but it hurt me because me and him were really close and he just up and left one day with only a note. I told myself that day that I'd take care of my family and that's what I've been doing ever since.

Putting my books in my locker, I leaned into it and tried to get her smell out of my head. I moved here about a year and a half ago and I keep to myself. It's just how I want to. I don't want to make friends and I don't want to get close to any girl but I have a feeling that that's not going to be possible with her here. When I turned around, I saw Jack leaning into her and she just smiled. Damn, she was brave, I like that. Just as I was about to turn to my locker again, I saw him slap her and almost attacked him then and there but decided he wouldn't do it again. Boy, was I wrong. Just as he was about to hit her again, I punched him as hard as I could and knocked him out cold. I stood where I was and stared at the jackass but remembered why I punched him. I looked over at the girl and noticed her checking me out. I smirked when she looked into my eyes but stopped because of her bleeding lip. It looked really bad and I stood in front of her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, staring into her beautiful dark green eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she told me but I guess she forgot she was bleeding. I put my hand on her cheek and felt a warmth spread through me as she leaned into my touch.

"Really? Because you're bleeding," I told her. She just kept telling me that she will be fine and that the cut wasn't bad but I really wanted her to get it checked out. When I mentioned the hospital, she almost freaked out and I didn't know why so I told her I would go with her and we headed to my car. I found out her name is Peyton, such a gorgeous name. What the heck man? Why am I acting like this? When she saw my car her eyes popped out and I wanted to laugh but didn't. She actually knew what kind of car it was too! I decided to be the perfect gentleman and opened the door for her and expected her to get in but she just raised her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You just don't seem like the type to open a door for the ladies," she said and I was a little hurt with that comment but decided to crack a joke.

"Who said you were a lady?" I said and smirked at her. She lightly hit me on my shoulder and muttered "jerk" while laughing. Just as she was about to get in the car, I stopped her and was serious again.

"You aren't a lady," I told her and she looked at me like 'excuse me?' so I knew I needed to explain. "You are a beautiful lady. I only open doors for beautiful ladies." Once I said that I knew I sounded cheesy and found myself blushing. Peyton just smiled and got in the car. Wow, this girl can make me blush. That's a first. I haven't been in a relationship in a few years and I wasn't really looking to have one, until this girl showed up today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peyton's p.o.v

Max is an interesting guy. He's nice, though. We talked all the way to the hospital and laughed a lot. I still don't know why that girl said he never talked to anyone. I guess I should ask, but I was afraid to. What if he got upset about it? I wouldn't want him to be upset since he was the only person I knew here. When we got to the hospital, I was shaking from being nervous. I knew Max was looking at me confused but I didn't say anything, just waited for the doctor to call me in. When the doctor did, who was older than I thought doctors were supposed to be, he looked at my lip and told me I needed stitches.

He told me a nurse would come in and do the stitches and I thanked God that he didn't do them. When the nurse brought a needle towards my face I flinched but felt Max hold my hand and told me it was okay. I closed my eyes as she numbed my lip and started to stitch it up. I hate needles and hospitals because of what my parents went through. The whole time we were at the hospital I was on edge. Memories from my parents' death came flooding back to me and as soon as they finished stitching my lip up, I bolted out of there and waited for Max at his truck. Standing outside I felt better. I didn't have to be near sick, dying people. I knew Max was confused but I just didn't want him to be sympathetic about it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Max asked me. He stood in front of me, really close to where I could feel his body heat. I kind of liked how close he was to me.

"Yeah, just hate hospitals," I said and it was the truth.

"That's understandable. So um, do you wanna just skip school and hang out?"

"Yeah, that sounds like fun."

"Alright, great." We smiled at each other and got in his truck and started driving around. While we were driving, I saw a bowling alley and I got excited. I used to love bowling all the time!!

"Oh! let's go bowling!" I said and Max smiled and pulled into the parking lot. I was practically jumping in my seat and Max was grinning at my childishness. When we got out of the car, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the building, eager to bowl.

"Um, two shoes and an alley, please," I said to the worker. He rolled his eyes at me and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Max glare at the guy while he got us our shoes. I just ignored it and grabbed my shoes. I pulled Max along with me and we went to our alley to bowl. I really haven't bowled in a long time so I sucked at it while Max rocked. Every time he would get a strike, I'd fake glare at him while he just smirked. One time, I went to bowl when I felt arms wrap around me and held my hands. I instinctively leaned into him and smiled.

"Now, when I push my foot against yours, move it," he said and scooted closer so that I could feel his hips against my back. The feeling of his body against mine made me shiver and to tell you the truth, it felt good. I felt his foot against mine and moved it while he swung my arm back. He moved his right hand and held my waist, holding me close to him while he swung my left arm back and forward, making me let go of the bowling ball. We stood there, him holding me to him and me leaning into him while the bowling ball went straight down the alley and get a strike.

"Oh my gosh!" I said and jumped up, hugging him. He held me to him while I wrapped my arms and legs around him. I leaned back a little to look at his face and saw him smiling at me. What was up with this guy that made me attracted to him so much? I looked from his lips to his eyes and saw him doing the same. Almost simultaneously, we leaned in and crashed our lips together. The first thing I felt were sparks, like actual sparks! It was weird but I liked it. After a while, we heard someone clear their throat and saw the guy that sold us our game looking at us, disgusted.

"Um, no public displays allowed, please," he told us. "Either you stop or take it outside." I looked at Max who was glaring at the guy but I just thought the guy was funny so I laughed at him which in turn made Max laugh and smile at me. The guy looked at us like we were crazy which just caused me to laugh even more.

"Fine, we will go," I told the guy and changed my shoes then me and Max headed out to his El Camino Carlo. It was such a nice ride. When we started driving, I really had the urge to hold Max's hand but I didn't want to seem too forward. We drove around until school ended and on the way to school, since I needed to pick up my car, I noticed Max was shaking really bad and it was a little freaky. I really didn't like this situation at all...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think :)

-<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 1.5K 24
( completed in 2014) ( I wrote this when I was thirteen.. not my best work. plotting and writing is terrible just to warn you ) Peyton hasn't had the...
789 35 30
Skylar Peterson has had a tough life. but she doesn't let that stop her from being herself. when she stands up for a random boy in a fight, she gets...
545K 13.2K 53
This is a story of a true soccer girl. Her name is Abigail. She has just move to New York because her father is in the marines and got stationed ther...
308 4 21
A new boy comes to a new highschool. He is seen as the school's bad boy. Until he meets a girl of his dreams! He soon realizes he is in love her, but...