We need eachother! *the walki...

By katie_haldane

Katie is a 14 year old girl who is alone and lost in a world full of the dead. Until she meets a boy. A boy n... More

We need eachother! *the walking dead fan fiction*
Chapter 2: The Prison
Chapter 3: Ow my Leg.
Chapter 4: Meeting the group.
Chapter 5: Meeting Carl
Chapter 6: Are you good at killing walkers?
Chapter 7: The Run
Chapter 8: I can't like Carl...
Chapter 9: Guard tower!!
Chapter 10: Truth.
Chapter 11: You draw?
Chapter 12: Don't look back!
Chapter 13: What now?
Chapter 14: I miss him!
Chapter 15: Help!
Chapter 16: Hero
Chapter 17: A night in the woods.
Chapter 18: The town of terror.
Chapter 19: No hope
Chapter 20: Arrive to survive
Chapter 21: Hope ring
Chapter 22: The gang fight
Chapter 23: Welcome to Terminus!!
Chapter 24: Escaping Terminus!
Chapter 25: My name is Gabriel.
Chapter 26: On a misson.
Chapter 27: The secret is out.
Chapter 28: New visitors.
Chapter 29: Goodbye Bob.
Chapter 30: There is no such thing as a happy ending.
Chapter 31: The Storm.
Chapter 32: Strangers.
Chapter 33: Meet Aaron.
Chapter 34: The Decision.
Chapter 35: Highway too hell.
Chapter 36: Arrival.
Chapter 37: "Friends."
Chapter 38: Small World.
Chapter 39: Promises.
Chapter 40: Remember.
Chapter 41: We Loose People.
Chapter 42: Adventures.
Chapter 43: Pain.
Chapter 44: We All Fall Down.
Chapter 45: We are The Walking Dead.
Chapter 46: Please save him.
Chapter 47: Miracles.
Chapter 48: Oh my jesus.
Chapter 50: Return.
Chapter 51: The Good Ones Always Go.
Chapter 52: Emergency.
Chapter 53: The Very Best One,
Chapter 54: And you are...
Chapter 55: It.
Chapter 56: Aftermath.
Chapter 57: Lost Hope.
Chapter 58: Empty.

Chapter 49: Fighters.

1K 35 12
By katie_haldane

  "Does this hurt?" Carl asked putting a wet cloth on my bruised and scratched cheek. I flinched at the sting.

  "Ow! Yes." I replied to Carl who was helping me clean up my face as I sat on the bathroom counter.

As he was wiping my wounds, I studied his face. I could tell he was thinking. He seemed upset. He didn't even have to say anything for me to know that something was wrong.

"What?" I asked him. It took a few seconds for him to reply.

"This shouldn't have happened." Carl said wiping some blood off my nose.

"Hey, it not your fault. Besides I've dealt with much worse pain than this before." I assured him. He half smiled. It was silent for a few seconds.

  "Okay, done." He said putting the cloth down. I hoped off the counter.

"Thanks." I said with smile. "Wanna get out of here, go for a walk?" I asked him.

"Sure." He replied.

  We walked downstairs, Rick and Daryl were at the front door talking about the hilltop deal. Rick told us about it when they first got back, so Carl and I already knew about it.

"The hell happened to your face?" Daryl asked.

"Nothing big." I replied. Rick already knew because Tara and Sasha told him.

"We are going to have a meeting, with everyone about the deal with hilltop, at the church. I would like it if you two stayed back." Rick told us. Carl and I nodded.

We waited for everyone to go to the meeting before we climbed over the back side of Alexandria's walls into the forest. We walked for a little while in silence before any conversation went on. I walked with my hands in my sweater pockets.

"What do you think about the Negan thing? About going and killing his people for hilltop?" I asked Carl.

"If that's what it takes, to keep this place going, then I guess." He answered. "What about you?"

"I don't know. We have very little knowledge about Negan and his group. But they would've found us sooner or later, especially after Daryl killed some of them on the road. I guess it's better to end the war before it starts." I replied. "I just hope none of us have to die." I added on. Carl looked at me.

"We know how to fight. We will be okay." He told me. I gave a weak smile. Even though this group is smart and strong, I still have a gut feeling that something bad will happen if we face Negan. We don't know that much about them. But it really isn't up to me to decide. I trust Rick. I always have.

A few hours later it was dark out. Carl and I were back in Alexandria. We were sitting in Carl's room playing cards when Rick called us down to the living room. We walked down the stairs. Carl and I sat on the couch. Rick and Michonne were standing.

"We are going to the compound tomorrow." Rick informed us. Wow we aren't wasting any time, I thought. Carl and I both nodded. "So I want you to keep these with you at all times." Rick said handing us both a pistol. Carl and I glanced at each other before taking them.

"Thanks." I said. Rick nodded.

"You guys should get some sleep. I'll wake you up in the morning before we leave." Rick told us. We both started to head up stairs. "And hey!" Rick called, Carl and I both turned around. "Sleep in separate rooms." Rick said. We both let out a small laugh.

"We will!" I called back with a smile.

The next morning, everyone was loading up the RV. I am a little worried about this but I know our group can fight. I still have nerves shooting through my body. We were outside saying goodbye to everyone. I went up to Maggie and Glenn and gave them a hug.

"Be careful." I told them and they smiled.

"You too." Glenn replied. I smiled back before they went into the RV. Carl came up to me.

"Eh you two stay out of trouble." Daryl said to us as he was climbing into the RV.

"We'll try." I sarcastically replied smiling. Rick walked up to us holding Judith. He handed her to me and gave Carl a hug before giving Judith a kiss on the head.

"We'll be back." Rick assured us before hoping in the RV. And then they drove off. Carl and I watched the RV drive away. Once the RV was out of sight, we walked back to the house to put Judith down for a nap.

Hours later, Carl and I walked back out into the woods. It was a nice quiet private place to talk. After walking a while, we sat down near some trees. I glanced over at Carl who was starring at the ground.

  "Hey. You alright?" I asked him.

  "Yeah I'm fine. I just kind of wish I was there, helping." Carl said.

  "Carl, Rick and everyone there can fight. They'll take care of the saviours. And whoever Negan is." I assured Carl. He still seemed tense.

  "If I see one of them, I'll kill them." Carl said keeping his eyes locked on the ground. Just then we heard a noise come from behind us. I stood up and reached for my gun in my holster.

  "Ah-ah-ah." I heard a mystery mans voice say. I froze with my hands on my gun. "Easy there." I slowly turned around. There was a man with a knife pointed at me. A bullet is faster than a knife. I thought. Then I heard the click of a gun come from behind me. I turned around to find another man holding a gun at Carl's head. "Hands off the gun, or the boy gets it." The man in front of me said. I glared at him before raising my hands up in surrender. The man gave a witty smile. "Good." He said before taking my gun and putting it in his bag. I wanted to scream but we are too far from Alexandria. They'd never hear us.

"We've been watching you two for a while now. Since yesterday. We saw you guys out here. We followed you back to that wall you climbed over. That place you're staying in. Looks nice." The man told us. I continued glaring at him. "You must have a lot of shit in there. And all that shit, now belongs to Negan." The man explained. Now we know, these two men are saviours. The one doing all the talking had long brown hair slicked back, but he had no facial hair. The other man had a dark beard.

"So you and this boy, are goona take us into your little community, and let us take all your shit. It'll be easier for us to get in with you two. And maybe, just maybe we won't have to kill AS many people as we would if you weren't with us." The man said sounding all proud. Which angered me. I narrowed my eyes.

  "Screw you." As soon as I said that the man grabbed my arm aggressively.

  "Now listen sweetie, you should be thankful we didn't shoot one of you... Yet." The man said as he tied my hands together. The other man did the same to Carl. I was angry, but I couldn't do anything about it.

  "Sit." The man said pushing me to the ground. "You over here." The man said shoving Carl a few feet across from me. Carl and I had our hands tied sitting across from each other. We looked hopelessly at each other. Neither one of us knew what to do.

  "Should we radio the others? Tell them to meet up with us?" The man asked the other man.

  "The radio is dead. We should just take them back to the compound with us while we gather some people to come." The bearded guy replied. The other man rolled his eyes and scoffed.

  "I'm serious Bill. We don't know how many people are in there!" The bearded man said. The guy named 'Bill' turned around and walked toward me. He kneeled in front of me.

  "How many people are inside." He stated as an order. I stayed silent. "Hey! Listen here princess, you tell me how many people are inside your little castle, or things are goona get ugly." The man said raising his voice. I still stayed silent. The man raised his hand up and I felt a sharp sting across the same cheek that was already scratched as he slapped me across the face.

"HEY!" Carl angrily shouted while trying to stand up but the bearded man pushed him back down.

"How many!?" The man asked again. My whole face was numb from pain.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Carl shouted. Bill turned his head.

"Shut up kid!" He slightly yelled. "Now I'm only asking one more time. How many people, are behind those walls?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Go to hell." I told him preparing myself for another hit. He just looked down for a few seconds, then he began laughing. It sounded like a frustrated laugh.

"Okay. That's how you want to play it." He said reaching in his bag, he pulled out a knife.

"I tried to be nice." He said walking towards Carl. He grabbed Carl's head and held the knife to his throat. I tensed up. My heart started beating. I have to do something.

"30!" I lied. The man froze, still holding the knife to Carl's neck.

"30?" He questioned.

"32, including us." I said my voice slightly shaky from fear. "We can take you in. Just... Just don't hurt him." I said as my eyes began to water. The two men exchanged looks.

"We don't know if she's telling the truth." The bearded man said. Bill walked up to me and held the knife under my chin.

"You better not be lying." He warned. I sat there with my head tilted up. "Okay. We'll have a look for ourselves then. And if you are lying, we'll blow the boys brains out as you watch. And then we'll kill you." The man threatened. The way they talk made me feel ill. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up. And the other man had Carl.

We began walking. Carl and the bearded man were a few steps ahead of us. My heart was beating. I lied about only having 30 people. As we got closer and closer to Alexandria, it was harder for me to breathe. I have to stop them. We were about 5 minutes away. The wall became visible. Now I was beginning to panic. Thinking quickly I kicked the Bill guys calf as hard as I could. He let out a scream of pain as he fell to the ground. The other man turned around. Carl caught on quickly and before the man could grab his gun Carl kicked him breaking his knee. The man dropped his gun. Both men were on the ground in pain. Bill tried to get up but before he could, I kicked him in the face and he fell flat on his back. He was laying there with blood pouring out of his nose. I picked up the knife he dropped with my hands still tied together and held the blade to his face.

"Don't even try to get up." I warned him.

Carl came over with a gun and shot the man in the head. Before turning around and shooting the other man. I took a few steps back.

I stood there, breathless and shocked. My eyes were wide at the scene. Carl grabbed a knife and cut the rope off his hands. Before walking over to me and doing the same.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded while starring at the dead bodies. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders. And I wrapped mine around his waist.

We grabbed the men's bags and our weapons before making our way back to Alexandria.

*Authors note*
Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter :) I really enjoyed writing it! I want to thank you guys for 150k READS!!!! That's amazing!! Also this past weekend I met Tom Payne!!!! (Jesus) he was so freaking cool!! He had no line up when I went so we had like a 10 minute conversation about the walking dead and stuff! He's such a cool person! And yes he is just as attractive in person!! XD but yeah my new profile picture is of him and I and meeting him was the coolest thing!!! Just thought I'd share that with you :) (he also liked the picture I posted of us on Instagram!!) Okay but anyways just thought I would share that with you guys because I'm really happy about it :) Anyways thank you again for the reads and I'll update the next chapter soon!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.9K 36
Rachel Ebony, a girl who is stuck in the world of the undead. She was alone at the start, but of course, that didn't phase her any. She didn't want t...
1.8K 153 35
Hannah, a twelve-year-old girl navigates through the outbreak between nightmarish flashbacks and reality, while trying to stay alive. Throughout her...
44.3K 1.2K 29
Ivy Grimes, the daughter of Rick Grimes, is a tough, passionate 16 year old girl. When the apocalypse starts and her dad is no longer with her, she h...
28.1K 1K 26
𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐱𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐦, 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. Y/n Walsh, the loving and beautiful wife of Shane Walsh an...