Not His Juliet

By kimmylovesyou707

"I had promised away my happiness long ago but when our lips met in forbidden passion I found what happiness... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 6

1.4K 94 23
By kimmylovesyou707

Not His Juliet by K. Jessica Ramirez

Chapter 6:

You can almost feel the awkwardness in the air. Molly and Waylon are speaking to Misses Susana Jackson completely ignoring me. I mean I get how confusing your daughter, her husband, and a considerably good looking family friend for the help is a bit crude but forgive and forget, right? Misses Susana Jackson and her family do not have to be so brusque towards me.

This is seriously not what I expected when I had agreed upon coming here. If I had known that James' family is not only country trash, but impeccably unmannered I undoubtedly would not have even agreed to marry James. Yes, I am feeling that antagonized by James and his family.

That jerk just leaves me to go 'base burn', which I've figured out means 'to go out drinking', or get drunk, I'm not entirely positive, with some girl without my consent. It's not that I am one of those women who need to know all the who, what where when and whys I just think it'd be considerate of him to not leave me to fend for myself in unknown territory. Plus to make it even worse he leaves me with his wonderful mother.I'm inching to get back to New York already. I even miss the homeless. I tear myself from my sullen thoughts and try to tune into the conversation before me.

"Ya'll will still be coming 'round for Sunday dinner right Molly?" Misses Jackson asks directing her question towards her daughter.

I internally raise an eyebrow and turn to really inspect James's sister. I vaguely remember Austin mentioning her marriage. My eyes spot a small gold looking wedding band placed snugly on her ring finger. I can't help but wonder about her age, Molly looks sixteen at most. Her husband Waylon, A.K.A. 'Hangover', sits besides her sluggishly indubitably not concentrated on the ladies conversation.

"Yes Ma." Molly answers dully, drawling out her southern accent.

I choose this moment to intervene. I might hate James at the moment but I'm still engaged to him. Besides don't they always say Tennessee people are huge on family, at least the movie prove so. Either way I need to make them like me or at the pure minimal concur them to the level of acceptance where they can stand to be near me.

"James never mentioned you were already moved out." I comment towards Molly in a questioning tone.

Molly turns to me with a dust of abhorrence in her eyes but it's declined, for which I'm thankful for. Her mother however turns at the sound of my voice as if just now remembering my presence. She sends blunt daggers in my direction as if Satan himself were in the room. I hold her dirty look for a moment before turning towards Molly. I have never let anyone intimidate me I am not starting now.

"That is of none of your business." Misses Jackson spats cacophonous continuing to send petty glares in my direction.

Feeling my temper bubble heatedly trying to rise to the surface, but I push it down. This woman, no matter who she is related to, has nothing on me and I will not give her the smallest aplenty of satisfaction for speaking to me in this matter.

"Misses Jackson I sincerely hope I am mistaking the tone of your voice because I do not appreciate nor will I stand for anything below utter respect and polite behavior." I spat in her direction as threateningly professional as I can manage.

I stand from my seat as both woman stare dumbfound at my reply. I feel a smug smirk cover my lips. I may be knee deep in Tennessee land, but I am and never will be anything short of a powerful business woman.

"Doll face I may just take a likin' to you." Waylon chuckles, evidently laughing at the faces of Molly and Misses Jackson.

I smirk in his direction before turning back to the woman.

"I'd like to be escorted to my room now." I state towards the stunned women but it comes out as more of a demand.

Misses. Jackson is the first to compose herself but does not bother answering me instead settling for sending her signature daggers at me. Waylon's crackling deep bell laugh starts up again, but this time he pushes himself up and off the couch. I curiously inspect him from the corner of my eye to see his motioning towards a hallway. I nod at him, grabbing my things from the corner leaving behind the women behind.

"Come on darlin', I'll show you to James' room." Waylon announces as he leads me down another wide hallway.

Waylon leads me into a room at the far end of the house. Waylon silently leaves as I move to step into the room to roam inside the room. The room looks like such a clique hick decorated room it's just melancholy. This isunmistakably James's childhood room apparently he had none of the taste he now holds. This room is in crucial need of a makeover.

The queen size bed has a cow print comforter with a homemade cover decorated with horses. There is a deer head put on display above the small closet along with the skin of an alligator. The only normal parts of the room are the couple of childhood pictures of James and his family.

I still can't manage to wrap my head around the picturesque James being related to these types of people. He's never once shown any signs of having this class of history. I may never have shared much about my family or my past but at least I'm not hiding behind a persona that I noticeably am not. The man I promised to marry back in New York wouldn't consider these people even mere proper acquaintances.

James would have stuck by my side, not run off with some chick to get drunk. James doesn't even drink anymore, we both gave up that nasty habit years ago, or at least I had thought we did.

James better be prepared for the fight of his life that he most definitely will be receiving prior to arriving home. I don't care if we are in his mother home, I'll be damned if I let my own fiancé treat me without respect. I don't even care if the whole dang trash town knows I'm fighting with him. I dare him to even suggest that I'm making a scene and then I'll really show him a scene.

Natalie always says I love myself a good fight and damn is she right. I am done letting James treat me like a child. He's never done it in New York and he will not start just because we're in his lame excuses of a childhood town.

I climb into the bed with every intention of waiting for James in anticipation of screaming my lungs out as him for all his actions and behavior lately. I lean against the honestly beautiful wooden head board. I watch the clock across the room on the bedroom drawer change absentmindedly. Time ticks by with the pace of a snail. It's one in the morning when I start to feel my eyes droop. I close my eyes for a few seconds only to be devoured by sleep itself.

A new found sound jolts me from my sleep. My heart hammer in my chest and I take in my unknown surrounding. Where am I? In the next second I take note of the crickets chirping outside and my memories come flooding in. Right I'm in Nashville, Tennessee. Oh Joy.

Another noise brings me from my thoughts. I move to turn on a side lamp. I wonder if they have thieves in this town or if even that's too modern for these prehistoric dinosaurs. James was right about one thing. No internet here A.K.A. no connection to society. Wait, I think I remember towns having bandits or something like that in the movies.

As my eyes adjust to the light I take in the sight before me. James stands hunched over clutching the bedpost for dear life. His eyes are blood shot red, his hair matted down with sweat. I move to help him stand. Even if I am extremely enraged at him it wouldn't do either of us good to see him free-fall towards the floor. I maneuver his arm around my shoulder placing his weight onto my shoulders. The strong smell of hard alcohol burn my nose immediately.

"Damn James, would it kill you to hit a gym once and a while." I hiss as I stagger to get him to the bed.

He ignores me obviously too drunk to even comprehend my presence. He turns leisurely to me as I flop him onto the bed with a small oof.

"Mary-Lou..." He slurs in my direction waving a finger in my face.

"Fuck off James. I'm Angela, your pissed off fiancé who is too exhausted to deal with her drunk fiancé." I mutter throwing his finger back to him.

I start to make his belt come loose to strip him to only his boxers for bed. I'm not cruel enough to make him sleep uncomfortably in clothes although it is tempting. Damn my good nature.

"A-angela." He states looking at me.

I nod at him and continue with my work of riding him of his clothes.

"Can't know..." He slurs once again.

"You know what James? Shut up. I am not in the mood to even deal with you right now. I mean what were you thinking?" I scream towards him.

"Oh I'll just surprise my wife by taking her to meet my family who lives in damn Texas and then go for drinks with some 'family friend' that she doesn't even know. Great plan James. Just wonderful." I spat sarcastically.

"You know the only man who's actually acted like a man today is your friend Austin. My own fiancé threw me to the wolves and then left me to get goddamn drunk. You know what I am not dealing with this! What is with you James-" I rant on.

A miniscule noise breaks me from my rant. I snap my head up to see that James is snoring. Oh heck no! He did not just put me through everything that he did today and then fall asleep on me mid-rant. He will pay for this. I finish stripping him down to his boxers and then grab hold of his feet. I begin to drag him to the porch. My inner evil master mind is chuckling beside herself.

I can't wait until he wakes up naked on the front porch freezing. Oh what a genius idea on my part. I stifle a giggle as I close the front door and make it back to my room. I catch sight of Waylon standing in the corner with a beer in his hand. I think about explaining myself but then decided against it. He is my fiancé after all and I don't have to explain anything between us to anyone.

I signal for him to be quite and make my way back to my room again. I hear a soft chuckle coming from his direction. Maybe he and I could at least get on good terms. I throw myself onto the bed content with my payback. Oh morning come soon!

A chime wakes me from my slumber. I turn to notice the time. It's five A.M. sharp. The quiet chime has to be the alarm clock set for my morning workouts. I guess I should find out another way to wake up every morning so James doesn't find out about my stashed phones and laptop.

I jump up and quickly dress in my jogging spandex and navy blue sports bra. Living in New York I never have the chance to actually jog on the streets settling for treadmils, but here I can. That may just be the only benefit to this place. I run out the house quietly. I cover a bright gigle that dares escape my mouth as I pass James curled up in a ball on the porch.

I set off to start out on my jog. Not knowing any streets I decided to just run straight down the street. Thankfully no one actually lives within walking distance of each other here. I really wish I had thought to smuggle my IPod into my carry on before coming here. What is a run without music? I'll tell you, torture.

"Hey there little lady."

My head snaps to the right coming to a full stop. I catch sight of grey eyes I mean Austin standing by a fence. I jog over to him to greet him a good morning. It is the least I can do, he was at least bearable yesterday.

"Good morning." I greet as I come to stand by the fence.

"I'd say so." He almost to himself while an amused look on his face.

I raise an eyebrow in question, but he shakes it off.

"So what's got you up so early?" I ask him.

Good job, White. Creating polite conversation is why you made it so big in New York. You have great communication skills.

"I saw a woman running round like a madwoman thought I might need to call the sheriff." He answers chuckling to himself.

"It's called jogging!" I, admittedly, pathenticily counter defending myself.

"Call it what you want ain't nobody 'round these parts go 'jogging'. Anyone else woulda called you crazy. You oughta be mighty thankful I caught sight of you first." Austin responds trying to act serious but there's a certain tone of playful.

"Oh thanks so much for saving me from everyone's opinions." I answer sarcastically but give him a smile.

As if they all didn't already hate me.

"I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't stopped me. Oh wait I know maybe keep jogging." I continue just as sarcastically.

"Anytime," He answers cheerfully and then adds in a more serious tone, "however 'round here it ain't in a ladies best interest to go 'round without a man's company."

I burst out laughing but quickly stop when I notice he isn't laughing with me. He cannot be serious. I mean come on, this is the two thousandth generation. Woman not only have rights but hold powerful positions in the economy, myself very much included.

"Oh come on Austin, I can handle a couple of boys." I shrug trying to joke off the serious tone.

Austin is a sweet guys and if I only make one friend this summer I hope it's him.

"Can ya handle a buscando holding a blue lightning to your head to have his way with you in the dead of night with no help, in a town you ain't know?"

So much for having a lighthearted conversation, along with having amazing communication skills.

"English please, Austin." I request already annoyed with this country talk.

It's only been a day and a half and I already feel like I could blow my brains out. Austin scowls at my lack of understanding.

"You needa learn our lingo if your gonna survive sweetheart; 'buscadero' means a gunman and 'blue lighting' means a six shooter or gun."

"Austin I'll be fine. I live in New York home of cocky men, I'm sure I can handle myself here too." I reasure him.

I pat his shoulder and turn to continue my jog. He grabs my hand before I could move it. I turn back to him with an eyebrow raised.

"I just warned you, I'll be damned if I still let you outta my sights." Austin says.

"So what, you're gonna join me in my jog?" I ask him my eyebrow still raised.

"Yup."

"Okay."

"So let's go." He states jumping the fence.

"Aren't you going to change?" I ask eyeing his outfit.

He's dressed in normal clothes. He has on a black button up long sleeve with blue jeans. He has on his always present black cowboy hat and vintage looking boots on too.

"Into what?" He asks confused.

"Into something exercise worthy?" I answer in the form of a question as I pointedly looking at his outfit.

"I told ya ain't no one 'jog' 'round here"

"Fine let's go"

I start to jog off in the direction I was in before. Austin runs up to catch up with me. After a while he manages to keep a constant speed alongside me. I turn to watch Austin look determinedly at the road ahead. His nose in scrunched up as he continues to run. He looks almost childlike, it's adorable. His grey eyes flicker to catch me staring.

My cheeks heat up instantly. Bad White, no checking out other men. Austin gives me a smile that looks so sincerely it almost makes my breath catch in my throat. I haven't seen a sincere smile in years. Now I really hope we become friends.

Tip your author with a VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1K 17
Gracie escapes before her abusive father forces her to enter an arranged marriage to a business man she has never met just to benefit her father's co...
298K 11.8K 54
No where to go, on the road Faylyn is on her way to finding her place in life. After a misunderstanding, prison and an argument with her parents, the...
64.2K 2.5K 46
This isn't the story of how the city girl fell for the cowboy, oh no, this story was how the city boy fell for the home grown country girl. Harper w...
Morgan By S

Romance

18.6K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...