The Devil Who Danced At Midni...

By theladyinletters

Watch Richard Faulkerson Jr. and Maine Mendoza, who are both considered geniuses, make all the foolish choice... More

monologue
antipholus
bassianus
cleopatra
desdemona
egeon
friar laurence
gertrude
hamlet
iras
juliet
katharine
laertes
macbeth
nicholas
octavius
quintus
valeria
willoughby
xavier
yorick
z
prologue
t a d h a n a
t i m p i
d a l i s a y
g u n i t a
k a l i n a w
t i n a t a n g i
m u n i - m u n i
p a g s a m o
k a u l a y a w
h u m a l i n g
m a r a h u y o
s a p a n t a h a
a l p a s
h a b i l i n
p a h i m a k a s
the lady in letters
p a r a l u m a n
R-S-T-U
romeo
silvius
thisbe
//psa
ulysses
TDWDAM Self Publishing
TDWDAM Self Publishing II
TDWDAM Self-Publishing Final Form
Landing on the Moon
Getting 11 Glances from Earth
final wave

pericles

7.1K 442 161
By theladyinletters

A/N: Hooray for new cute book covers! Thank you to my DTP prof for teaching me basics lol. I don't want to spoil you with where this story is going (there's more to text messages, I know that) and this isn't going to be forever an exchange of text messages. You'll know soon, and I'm avoiding author's notes. Bear with me on this one (gonna be the last). Forever bang magiging text messages to? No. Para saan yung teaser(previous chap)? Malalaman nyo soon as the story progresses. What's with the chapter titles? Names sila ng mga characters ni Shakespeare sa lahat ng sinulat nya from A-Z. ;)

Happy reading! This is our favorite emoji, okay? 👽

-

Ako ang mangangarap para sa'yo.

What?

Wala lang. 👽 I just overheard that line today (forgot who said that iko-quote ko sana sya) and realized its the sweetest thing ever.

Sweetest?

Oo. I mean, it takes a lot to dream for yourself. Alam mo 'yun? It takes years and years before you arrive at something you wanted yourself to be. Parang dati, gusto ko pang magCulinary and Educ. So for you to take responsibility for someone else's dream... woah, that's surely something.

Why did you take Communication?

Bc I know English than most people? Ewan ko. I only grew to love the media after I took the course. I just wanted people to appreciate how unnerving our profession is. We can make or break the society. Make it float in bliss or explode in rage. 'Yun. As years and months passed, I appreciated media practitioners more.

Congratulations candidate no.7

Baliw. 👽 Ikaw? Bakit ka nagComm?

Mahaba ang pila sa Engineering

Whuuut? Dahil lang dun?

Yep. Too lazy to wait in lines and I wanted to get interviewed and enrolled the same day.

Baliw ka!

But I think there has to be a reason why. I don't want to be a shallow person after all

Syempre no. Ikaw pa ba? Shallow?

Maybe you're the reason why.

Bola pa more. 👽 Ikaw? What's the sweetest line you could think of?

"I would dance with you at midnight."

'Yun na 'yun?

There's something sweet abt dancing with someone at midnight. Both figuratively and literally. Figuratively might have meant that that person is willing to show all of his cards to you bc contrary to popular belief, thoughts weren't honest at three in the morning. Thoughts were honest during midnight, where the evening breeze and the morning heat meet.

Literally?

Well, where could you find people who would dance with you at midnight? They were rare species. 

Are you going to dance with me during midnight?

Ang tagal magreply. Pabebe 👽

My answer would be...

Pabebe!!

Yes, Mendoza. I'm going to dance with you if you'd ask at midnight.

Even with stupid steps and routines? :))

Hayyy, ang sweet ng boyfriend ko

Tapos gwapo pa

Buhat couch ha? Hahahahah. Eh eto, what's the sweetest thing you could do for someone?

Stay.

Awwww. That's sweet ngaaaa. Thank you for staying?

My pleasure. You? What's the sweetest thing you could do for me?

For you talaga ha? Hahah 👽

Yup. I'm your someone.

Oh, well. Oo nga. I don't know. For me kasi I can't rate a sweet thing from 1-10. It's immeasurable. It's just a matter of yes or no. Sweet or not sweet. Yun lang.

Tapos patanong-tanong ka sakin ng sweetest thing

Malay mo naman kasi magkaiba tayo. Malay mo Likert Scale ang gamit mo.

Had enough of your thesis.

Hoy ano ka ba nakaquali ako remember I don't have Likert Scale kayaa

Ah, oo nga pala. Answer it anyway

Well,Faulkerson, I have two: being quiet and not lying.

I get the not lying part. Why the 'being quiet'?

Because you know, humans are naturally born curious. They'd ask and ask questions whenever given the chance. But then... if you truly understand someone and you honestly care for him or her, you'd stay quiet whenever s/he needs you to be. Parang... you get it when you should be quiet, and that's not just sweet. Sweet and touching.

Oh. 

yeah, oh.

But you've never been quiet with me

hoy tahimik kaya ako minsan sa car mo

That's okay, my goal is to make you scream

Alam mo minsan ang gago mo is my vagina everything you think of

Sometimes I think about your amazing  brain and admire your beautiful face but that... that is just different, love

Pasalamat ka openminded ako naku jusko kung ibang babae yan naoffend na bc you talk abt our genitals frequently

Thank you

Shet nagpasalamat ka nga talaga haynako

But what do you think of the male private part?

The penis? Ewan ko. Open minded naman nga ako, as we both know that we are, pero ang weird lang talaga nya.

Have you seen one?! What the fuck who was that lucky man I'd kill him

Gaga. Syempre pinag-aaralan yun dati. Pero ang weird kaya. Kaso foreign yung nakikita ko so its usually big compared to Asian ones. Pero ang weird lang. It's not ugly, it's not beautiful. It's not exactly a sight to behold for me. Nakakacurious but not to the extend I'd ask to see yours.

I wish you would, though

Sometimes I think you mean your flirty lines too much

I do mean them

Hay nako. But what about the female's?

Vaginas are beautiful.

Are you aware that you are being shallow

Yeah, honestly. I don't know why you females hide your flowers

Gago ka talaga malapit na akong maoffend sayo

You won't be, love, because I'm speaking from the heart.

Eto ha, meron akong lines talaga. Sa may parteng singit. I'm not all flawless, but most areas of my skin are toned. Eh paano kung hindi ako ang girlfriend mo? If you're all about thinking beauty and beauty alone, grabe ka.

Who said I'm thinking of the mainstream and cliched definition of beauty? You are the most beautiful when you admit you are flawed, Mendoza, like all the other girls I've met. I do not care about your lines. I am thinking of how would I take care of you when you entrust yourself to me without making you think I'm doing this for sex, or I desire you too much. I'm thinking of how would I send signals that I would stay, that I would do both an erotic and passionate dance with you at midnight without leaving the same morning. 

I am thinking about those things, Mendoza, because I am both a human and a man. I have needs. I have a very responsive reproductive organ, but I have a heart as well.

Shet yung speech hahahahahaha you are way too honest I love that about you

Mendoza?

What?

You didn't love that Ezekiel, right?

Anong meron kay Ezekiel all of a sudden? 

Answer my question.

Uhm, nope. I felt warm with him pero minsan talaga hindi lang kami click. Why?

I haven't loved anyone, too.

And?

How would we know if what we are feeling right now is love if we haven't felt it all?

I don't know.

The dangers and downsides of being someone's first.

Uhm... yes. I don't know. May sasabihin nga ako.

What?

But it's embarrassing.

Mendoza, I've forgiven you when you farted in my car.

Nagpapaalam naman ako pag uutot ako ah?!! 👽

Love, you're being too adorable I wanted to kiss you right now

Shut up. Ikaw lang yata ang nagiisip na adorable yung nagpapaalam bago umutot

And you're the only one who looks adorable when you do that

Ewan 👽

Ano na yung sasabihin mo?

I think I'm in love with you.

Huy. Magreply ka naman!! nakakakaba ka e.

How - and why?

I don't know how and when. I don't know. But sometimes, naooffend din naman ako sa panlalait mo even when I know you're joking and sometimes you flirt too much ewan ko kung gusto mo lang makipagsex sa akin dahil maganda ako kahit wala akong masyadong dibdib and my butt is my only asset except my brain and my smart mouth but even though I might have hated you during those times... I might have loved you as well.

I don't even know if I'd be able to kiss someone the way I kissed you, Faulkerson. I'm too afraid to bare my soul to anyone and here you are, melting all my doubts away.

Ang awkward shet. I'd leave my favorite emoji here just to lessen the seriousness of the words I've said.👽

Mendoza.

What? Sorry for that sudden confession. I just feel like it.

I have my keys now.

What? Saan ka pupunta? Madaling araw na!

Your place.

Are you... mad?

What? No! It's just...  You deserved so much than a confession through text messages, Mendoza. I'm going there.

Okay.

I hear your flat tone from here, Mendoza. Just to assure you... I might have loved you too.

Really?

Yes. I'd dance with you.

But it's two in the morning!

It's you, Mendoza, and it is love. I'd dance with you any time of the day. I love you. Please wait for me.

I would. :) Keep safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 146 25
When the Sexy surgeon Wandee Ronnakiat becomes involved with boxer Yeo Yak and their relationship develops from friends with benefits to something mo...
2.9K 644 137
Park Jimin- a.k.a- Jess/jass Min Yoongi- a.k.a- Red Kim taehyung- a.k.a- Fatima Jeon Jungkook-a.k.a- Luigi Kim Namjoon- a.k.a- Neil Kim Seokjin- a.k...
1.5K 289 69
[CYCLE OF LOVE SERIES #1] EPISTOLARY "I'm just here watching you from afar and you never notice my feelings for you,"
108M 2.3M 100
Now published under Pop Fiction, an imprint of Summit Books. P195, Taglish Part 1 Theirs is a story that started all wrong. Naglayas si Gail sa bahay...