Moments In Time

By mimluv

Camila and Liam know each other since childhood. But now he's in a band called One Direction. Will they reali... More

Chapter One: Meet Camilla
Chapter Two: Lunch Date
Chapter Three: Random Feelings?
Chapter Four: Memory's and Laughs
Chapter Five: Dinner Time!
Chapter Five Continued...
Chapter Six: Lyrics and Work
Chapter Six: Continued
Chapter Seven: Sick Camilla and Caring Liam
Chapter Seven: Continued
Chapter Eight: Bad News
Chapter Eight: Continued
Chapter Nine: Reactions
Chapter Ten: The AfterMath
Chapter Elleven: More Bad News
Chapter Twelve: Chaos
Chapter Thirteen: More Chaos
Chapter Thirteen: continued
Chapter Fourteen:Taking Care of Cam
Chapter Fourteen: Continued
Chapter Sixteen: Moving On Is Hard To Do...Part 2...
Chapter Seventeen: Forgive And Forget
Chapter Eighteen: Tour Time
Meet Mark-Camilla's Boss
Meet Olga-Camilla's BF
Chapter Nineteen: Sad Song & Moving On
Chapter Nineteen: Somewhere In New York
Chapter Nineteen Continued....
Chapter Twenty: Making A Move
Chapter Twenty-One: More Than Friends
Chapter Twenty-One continued....Just You and Me
Chapter Twenty-Two: Dress Shopping 101
Chapter Twenty-Three: Food Fights and Dancing
Chapter Twenty-Four:How Great Thou Art?
Chapter Twenty-Five:Determination and Confusion
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Surprise Visit
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Walking Away Is Never Easy
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Broken And In Pain
Chapter Twenty-Nine:Decision Making
Chapter Thirty: Haunted
Chapter Thirty-One: Broken Hearted
Chapter Thirty-Two: Post Break-Up Outing
Chapter Thirty-Three: After The Heartbreak
Chapter Thirty-Four: Airport Goodbyes
Chapter Thirty-Five: Can't Shake You
Chapter Thirty-Six: Change is Good?
Chapter Thirty-Seven:Realization
Chapter Thirty-Eight:Action Man
Chapter Thirty-Nine: If You Fail, Try Again
Chapter Forty: Time With The Family
Before Reading Chapter 41
Chapter 41-PART ONE: Memories
Chapter 41-PART TWO: The Dinner
Chapter 41-PART THREE: Midnight Serenade
Chapter 42-PART ONE: The Voice of Reason
Chapter 42-PART TWO: Just You And I, Sort Of.
Life After All The Madness
A Note From Me:

Chapter Fifteen: Moving On Is Hard To Do

170 5 0
By mimluv

A/N: Here is Chapter 15, I hope you enjoy it. I had fun writing this one.

Enjoy, and Mac Malik, you come out in this one, so I hope you like it.

-----

Chapter Fifteen: Moving On Is Hard To Do

Camilla:

It’s been two months since Liam and I fought. I decided that enough is enough. I’ve tried patching things up, but he refuses. So, I gave up, one can only do so much. Niall and the lads still talk to me. Olga and Harry are dating, for which I am so happy. And Niall and Tori, so cute! Also dating and I am happy for them. I mean, after all, I made them happen. =)

I’m going out today, it’s Friday afternoon. I met a girl named Macayla Malik at the bookstore. We were grabbing the same book, the last book in stock, but I let her have it. Then we got to talking, she told me she goes to UNI, she’s going for acting.  After that, we met every Friday at Starbucks for coffee. Same last name as Zayn, which at first, I was like WHAT? And I have the feeling her and him will hit it off. Since I’m single, and like Taylor Swift’s song “22” says, “Happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time.” Yup, that’s me and Mac.

Mac and I are going dancing, were getting ready at my place. I have my iPod blasting music, right now we are listening to “Follow the Leader” by Wisin and Yandel ft Jenifer Lopez. I love this song, it makes me happy and it gets me ready for dancing. (I love dancing, have I told you that before?) Anyways, Mac and I are getting ready, dancing and laughing, first the time in two months I feel better. I hear a knock on my door and I go answer, its Tori and Olga.

“Hey!” I let them in. I’m in an oversized t-shirt that’s says ‘Not a Whole Lot Going On”. (Which if you think about, is ironic. I lost my best friend and I am miserable without him, but life goes on, right?) “What are you doing here?” I ask.

“We’re…” Olga gestures at herself and Tori, “coming with you.”

“Cool. Girls night out!!!” I say and we head to my room, they’ve met Mac before. “Let’s get ready.” I look in my closet while I chew on my celery stick. “22” starts playing and we dance and sing along. I settle on a purple peplum blouse with a heart shaped cut out on the back, and my black tuxedo pants. I pair that with a pair of my floral heals, they’re not that tall, but they are beyond cute. I look fun and flirty. Olga decides on a pink dress and her trademark black 5inch heals. Very cute and adorable. Tori wear’s an icy blue blouse and a black skirt that grazes her knees and black wedge heal pumps. Very girl next door. Mac decides to wear black blouse, floral skirt, and leather jacket and black wedge heal ankle boots. Very punk chic. We do our makeup, I decide natural, with black cat eyeliner, and sparkly lips. Mac decides on retro: eyeliner and red lips. Tori makes her eyes stand out with an icy blue eyeliner and neutral gloss lips. Olga does pink eye shadow, and pink lips. Her look is what I call bubblegum cute. My hair grew longer, so I curl my hair into waves. My hair is now close to my butt. Mac goes with straight hair. Olga grabs it in a cute Barbie doll reminiscent ponytail. And Tori go’s with wavy loose hair. And…we’re ready. I grab my leather jacket and purse, we head out. Tori is designated driver, so I hand her the keys to my car. Off we go.

We get to the dance club, music is blaring, and we wait for abut ten minutes, and then we go in. I’m honestly smiling for the first time in two months. I’m here to let loose, to have fun and to forget Liam. We head to a table and I get the girls orders, and then I head to the bar. I order two martini’s, a mohito, mineral water and a tequila shot. I down the shot and then head to the girls. I had them their drinks and I’m about to sit when a handsome looking stranger asks me dance. I say yes. For some reason he looks familiar. Why?

“What’s your name?” he asks me as we dance.

“Camilla.” I say, “Yours?” I ask him.

“Chris.” He says, smiling at me. That can’t be, he’s the same bloke from the dog park.

“Chris Adams?” I ask him.

“Yeah?” he looks confused.

“We met at the dog park.” I say.

“Oh…yeah. Camilla Rojas, right?” he asks, recognition flooding his face. I nod.

“Yeah.”I say, “Did you get a dog for your sister?” I ask him.

“Yeah, I did. Thanks for recommending that place.” He says.

“Cool.” I say, we keep dancing. I close my eyes, and dance to the rhythm. The song ends, and we dance to another. After the second song, he walks me to my table. Before we reach it, he grabs my elbow and says,

“Camilla?”

“Yeah?” I ask, looking up at him. He’s still holding my elbow.

“I know this might sound odd, but…why did you never call me?” he rushes to say it.

“I’m sorry. My friend went through a very rough time. I was so busy with helping him and work. But… I never forgot you.” I say, then smile shyly at him.

“Oh, how is your friend now?” he asks.

“I wouldn’t know. He pushed me away.” I say.

“I’m sorry.” He does look sorry.

“It’s okay. I realized that, sometimes things can’t be fixed.” I smile at him.

“Can I buy you a drink?” he says.

“Sure, if you come meet my friends.”I say.

“Okay, deal.” He laughs. "What are you drinking?" He asks.

"Surprise me." I say boldly. I'm feeling so awesome. Nothing can ruin my night. Not even when I notice that Liam and the lads walk in. Liam meets my eyes and I stare at him till he looks away. I roll my eyes.

"Cam? You okay?" Asks Olga.

"I'm good." I nod to reassure her.

"I’m sorry Cam..." Says Tori, "I told Niall where I was. I had no idea he'd come."

"No worries. By the way, I'm so happy for you two." I say to her, putting her at ease.

"Thanks. I need to really thank you for introducing us. He's so amazing!" She is so happy. I'm glad. I smile, it kind of feels plastered on my face, I want something real, like Olga and Tori. I guess I’m just unlucky.

"No need. I'm just happy you guys are dating." I say. I give her a quick hug.

"Here you go. I got you a Rolls Royce." Says Chris, handing me the drink.

"Oh, I wanted a drink, not a car. But thanks." I joke with him. He laughs.

"Good one." He says. I scoot over and he sits next to me.

"Girls, this is Chris Adams." I point at Chris. "Chris, these are my friends: Olga, Macayla, and Tori." I make introductions. Chris and the girls say hi.

"So, what kind of dog did you get your sister?" I ask Chris.

"A Labrador mix." He says, "She named him Zulu."

"That's adorable." I say to him. He laughs.

"I have a picture if you wanna see." He says.

"I'd..." But I can't finish because Liam and the lads stand at our table. Liam’s shooting daggers at me. Great! My night just got more fun! (Sarcasm)

-------

Liam:

"Liam, let’s go out!" Whines Niall. I roll my eyes. I'm strewn across my bed. It's been two months since I've seen Camilla, and I miss her so much. But I won't admit it out loud. I know now what a jerk I have been, but my pride won’t let me apologize. I hear him coming upstairs.

"Liam! Come on!” yells Niall.

“Get your carcass up from that bed!" Yells Louis as he pulls me up. I stand up,

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Tori and Olga went dancing. So we're going where they're at!" Say Niall excitedly. Wherever Olga and Tori are at, Camilla will be there. Whatever. Seeing her won't mean anything. I don't care OR need her. I go take a shower, and then I get ready. I let some facial fuzz grow, and I've been working out more. Plus, I threw myself into work. I get dressed in dark jeans, a grey t-shirt and black combat boots. I grab my leather jacket and I mess up my hair with some hair product. Good to go! Paul is driving. Andy is meeting us at the dance club. I need my lads for support. Tonight is gonna be a let loose night. (I stopped getting drunk, it’s not healthy.)

We walk in, and I look around. I'm NOT trying to find Camilla. I spot her, her eyes meet mines and she stares me down. I feel an electric bolt go through me. I look away. Whatever! When I turn back, I see some bloke talking to her. He looks familiar. Camilla scoots over in her booth and the bloke sits down. I grind my teeth; I guess she found another bloke, my replacement. I head to the bar, I order a beer and chug it down. Then I order a shot of tequila.  I down that also. Before I notice what I'm doing, I'm walking to where Cam is sitting at. I hear Zayn say,

"Don't Liam!" And he tries to grab me. But I keep walking towards Camilla, they follow me. I stand there until Camilla looks up. She looks at me with a bored expression, and that angers me.

"Hey!" She says. Now she's avoiding eye contact.

"Hey!" say the lads. Niall sits next to Tori, Harry sits next to Olga and Louis sits next to Harry. Only ones left standing are Zayn and me.

"Hey Zayn, sit here." Camilla says, pointing an empty seat next to a pretty looking girl. "You can sit anywhere." She says to me. Then she says to the lads,

"Lads meet Chris Adams." She pats Chris arm. "Chris, meet Harry, Niall, Louis, Zayn and Liam. They're from One Direction." She introduces us to him. Chris Adams...I know where I know him from. He's that bloke Cam and I met at the dog park. I sit next to Zayn.

"Zayn, meet my friend Macayla Malik. No joke." Camilla says to Zayn. That Chris bloke smiles at Cam. I grind my teeth. Jerk!

-------

Zayn:

When Camilla suggests that I sit next to this beautiful looking girl, I don't protest. When I say beautiful, I mean it. But when Camilla says that her name is Macayla Malik, my mouth drops open. I look at Macayla and she smile at me. Same surname as me? Could she be a cousin? I hope not, she's beyond gorgeous. She has tan skin, straight brown hair with light brown highlights and the longest eyelashes I've ever seen. Her eyes are very beautiful, they're light brown.

"Your last name is Malik?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She smiles shyly at me.

"We're not related, are we?" I ask her. She laughs a low bubbly laugh.

"I don't think so." She says. "I grew up in California." She tells me. Thank god!

"Okay then. I'm Zayn." I say to her.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Macayla or you can call me Mac." She says.

"Okay." I smile at her. Tonight is gonna be a good night. Macayla is making me feel things I haven’t felt since Perrie left me.

-------

Camilla:

I introduced Zayn to Mac. I have a feeling that they will hit it off. I smile. I'm not letting Liam ruin my life. Or my night.

"So, what do you do for a living Chris?" I ask him.

"I work for an editing company." He says, sipping on his drink.

"How awesome. I work for a magazine." I say. I can tell Liam is looking at me, and I know he recognized Chris.

"Great. Which one?" He asks me.

"GLAM." I say.

"Really? The company I work for does the editing for GLAM."

"No way! How small is the world?!" I say laughing.

"Tell me about it. Wanna dance?"

"Yeah." I say. He grabs my hand and we head to the dance floor. I like Chris. He's funny, charming and funny. We dance to '#thatPower' by will.i.am. I'm having so much fun, even though Liam is giving me nasty glances.

------

Liam:

I drink my beer and I watch how Camilla talks and flirts with Chris. Watching them talk all friendly and flirty bothers me. Then he asks her to dance. Camilla looks different, her hair is longer and she's wearing a blouse with a heart shaped cut out. She looks good. Wait, what? I don't care about Camilla.

I get up and find Andy standing at the bar.

"Andy!" I say to him.

"Liam!" He and I briefly hug. "What's up?" He asks me.

"Not much. You?" I ask, looking at Cam.

"Just chilling." He and I order drinks. "How are you doing?" He asks me. And I know he's talking about the breakup.

"Okay." I say.

"You sure?" he asks.

"Yeah. I'm doing better." I say to him. I look out at the dance floor. I see Cam and Chris laughing. I roll my eyes. That's when I notice Camilla has a small tattoo on her shoulder blade. That wasn't there. What?!

"Hey, look, there's Camilla. You still angry at her?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I down my shot.

"Well, anger just makes you bitter." He says then he goes off to follow a blonde bombshell. I shake my head. Anger, something I had reserved for Danielle, has transferred to Camilla. Whatever. Tonight I'm gonna dance with... I spot a girl with long legs and brown hair. I’m gonna dance with her. I walk up to her and ask her. Yup, tonight I'm letting loose. Goodbye Daddy Direction. Hello Liam James Payne, normal bloke who just got dumped and lost his best friend, a bloke who doesn't need anyone. Tonight I let loose and have fun.

-------

A/N: vote, comment and leave me a suggestion if you have one. thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 192 42
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The problem is I don't know who my friends and enemies are anymore. One direction Fanfic Cupcakerr1...
591K 20.5K 138
Preferences of your favorite boy band One Direction.
986K 16.2K 94
in which one direction is on hiatus and the boys make solo music. Louis and Harry learn to Love each other. - Louis and Harry are both singers :D - I...
1.4K 4 18
Annie Love is your average teenager. Annie and her friends move to London after highschool to puruse their dreams. Origianally from Oklahoma, the cha...