Scream // 5sos

By BritishBums

In a small town where everybody knows everybody, a string of mysterious murders causes a group of teenage fri... More

the cast
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

one

22.5K 1K 1.6K
By BritishBums

a/n: make sure to watch the trailer to this book above before reading! Thank you to travestiously for the amazing trailer!

- BritishBums x

_____________________________

-

-

- Hailey -

-

It's a Sunday night and since Stacey bailed again to sneak into some frat house party at UCLA, everyone in the group chat agreed we'd hang out at my house.

I agreed, only because it was perfectly great timing. My mom was working a night shift until morning today and basically I was home alone.

Glancing up boredly at my television, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was playing on the screen.

The dark room almost glowed because of the light as I stared boredly.

I've watched this movie literally about ten times now. Not so surprisingly, I knew almost every classic horror film by heart. Hopefully that wasn't the weirdest thing ever.

I gasped, jumping. At the roar of the chainsaw, the doorbell rang behind me.

Rolling my eyes and laughing to myself, I ran a hand through my short brown hair.

I straightened out my baggy white tee shirt as I peered through the peep hole.

I see Ashton in a hoodie, just staring aimlessly at the bushes making me smile.

As I swung the door open, he sent the warm smile right back at me.

"Hailey."

"Ashton." I nodded once, taking a step back for him to come in.

"You're early?"

"Luke and Mallory are coming in a few. Were you reading the group chat at all?" He chuckled, his hazel eyes locking with mine.

I swallowed hard.

Somehow, I knew exactly why he was here so early.

"Ashton." I sighed.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't have anything to tell him.

As soon as he had closed the door, he pins me right against it, making me curse.

"W-we can't do this." My eyes widened.

"Why not?" He breathes down my neck, making me close my eyes.

"Because you're with Stacey. She's your girlfriend, Ashton. I can tell, I'm clearly nothing more than a distraction to you." I tried to push him away.

I imagined my hands pressed against his chest, but I decided against it.

"My girlfriend hasn't exactly been here for me. Has she, Hailey? Tell me that." He draws away from me and sets a hand on the wall behind me.

"I know, you guys are having some type of rough patch but I don't want to be in the middle of it. She's my friend, you're my friend Ash." I shook my head, staring at him.

"Then be my friend right now. Please Hailey." He sighed, his eyes nearly pleading for my greenlight to kiss him.

Before I could say anything he leaned in hungrily, soft lips meeting mine roughly.

I'm weak under his touch, as I tilted my head, my lips parting.

"I didn't say..I was okay with this." I breathed shakily.

Ashton lightly sucked and kissed my neck, pressing me harder against the wood.

"It doesn't have to be okay. You know she doesn't have to know about this."

Stacey. Stacey Griffin, has been my friend ever since the second grade.

All we really had to worry about at the age of seven was sharing the jump rope on the blacktop during recess.

Now, it was making sure our friendship didn't end in flames because of Ashton Irwin.

"Has Stacey ever even been a friend to you?" He sighed after kissing me once more.

"Yes, of course she has."

"Then why did you do that? Why'd you kiss me, if you knew I was with her?"

"Are you fucking serious Ashton?" I hit him in the chest. "You kissed me! And--"

"You liked it. So you kissed me back. Why? Because Stacey hasn't been such a loyal friend to you either. We can all see it." He shrugged.

Maybe, he was right. But I didn't want to admit it, not to him.

"She is still our friend. Before you go kissing me and saying things you don't mean, I suggest you sort things out with her first."

"I'm going to break up with her. I can call her right now." He stared at me seriously.

I sighed, frowning at him. ''No.. No not right now. I'm saying you need to think about what you're doing here."

"I like you, Hailey. I do. I don't know why I never told you this."

Shaking my head, I glanced away from him.

I've had this thing for Ashton in middle school, but that was all it really was. A stupid crush.

I was an innocent adolescent, and somehow Stacey took all of that away from me.

Well, of course once she found out I liked him, he was hers for the taking.

Like an eagle's prey.

The silence was interrupted shortly after the doorbell rings way too many times.

"Michael Clifford, I swear to God! You'll pay for that doorbell if you break it. Again." I spoke knowingly, as he laughed obnoxiously.

"Oh my god Hailey, I've never told you this, but," Michael paused, leaning on the doorframe as I opened the door.

"But?"

"You look like Keira Knightley."

"What? No, I don't. She's gorgeous." I snorted in disbelief.

"Yeah, you're prettier." Ashton smiled, and I didn't say anything.

Instead, I cleared my throat.

"Awkwaaard." Michael sing-songed as he stepped in.

I rolled my eyes, just glancing at Ashton disapprovingly.

He shrugged simply, following Michael back to the lounge where he had already sprawled on my spot on the couch.

Before I could close the door, a blue toyota parks on the driveway and I see Mallory and Luke talking inside.

I closed the door slightly, leaving it open just a crack to see what was going down.

Everyone in the group clearly knew something was bound to happen between the two, they just never admitted it, and we just never had any clear evidence.

So all Luke and Mallory really were, was a myth - a myth of a couple.

They continued to talk, something I obviously couldn't make out, but they were so close to each other. Maybe too close?

Luke tucks her short blonde hair behind her ear, smiling.

I held a hand to my mouth, eyes widened as they both leaned in slowly.

They kissed for the shortest time before Mal smiled shyly at him and looked out the window.

They didn't seem lustful at all, and that clearly amazed me how genuine they had been to each other.

Luke, being the gentleman, jogged to her side and opened the door for her, making me smile as I shut the door.

Once two knocks came at the door, I swung it right open, Luke already stepping in just playfully saluting me.

"Hey Snowball.'' He smirked.

"If you call me that one more time." I narrowed my eyes playfully at him.

"You'll do what? Kill me?''

"You'll clearly know the tactics, with so many horror films up your sleeve, huh Snowball?" He joked.

"Funny." I sarcastically said.

"Don't listen to him." Mallory chuckled, crossing her arms. ''He's just jealous you're more masculine than he'll ever be."

"Excuse me, Mallory?" He said, holding a hand to his chest.

"Dude! Have you checked Stacey's instagram?" Michael asked Ashton, nudging him.

I tensed, swallowing hard.

His eyes locked with mine for the shortest time before replying to Michael.

"No, why?"

"She's wasted, like completely smashed."

"Well, that's good for her. She didn't show up last week, or ever, and she has the guts to have a good time without us?'' Mallory sighed.

"Ding dong Hailey!" I hear Evie behind the door, making me walk right over and open it.

Lola and Evie both had a cigarette between their lips, as the dark haired girl waved at me.

"No cigarettes in the house guys, sorry." I reached out for both of them and threw them across the yard.

"Okay, mom. Whatever you say." Evie laughed, her red lips curling up into a sly smile.

"Hi babe. How are you?" Lola greeted, taking me into a hug.

"Good, and you?" I smiled, hugging her tightly.

Lola was literally a fairy to me, with her blue hair and nice vibes and all.

"Alright, I guess. Just spooked the hell out because I got this phone call before I left the house." She laughed. "Probably one of the guys just pranking me again."

As soon as she had said that, the phone on the counter rung loudly, all of us silencing.

"I got it." I jogged over to the phone. "Everyone shut up, it might be my mom, got it?"

"What she said." Mallory quietly shushed everyone else, Luke just smiling at her.

"Hello?" I hooked the telephone between my shoulder and my ear.

Heavy breathing is on the other line, making me frown.

"Hello? Sorry, I think you might have the wrong number." I said, leaning against the counter.

It only took a few words for my heart to lurch, drop and roll under the table.

"What's your favorite scary movie, Hailey?" An eerie, unknown voice spoke loudly.

-

-

_____________________________

-

a/n - daaaamn mia, back at it again with the movie reference ^

- BritishBums

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 488 11
When Aria and her friends set out that day to explore the abandoned factory they had no idea what they would find, they had no idea of the evil that...
3.5K 257 29
The story of how four total opposites are brought together to try and figure out why kids are disappearing, murders are occurring, whispering is just...
36.4K 1.2K 30
Ashton is the gang leader of a very very dangerous gang, one of many dangerous gangs in the world. He smokes, drinks, kills people, sells and does dr...
1K 81 21
I read my assignment once again. "A bunch of teenargers?" I thought to myself. "No way this will be hard." And so it all begun...