The Fifth Archangel

By ErinaceousFlower

- A Supernatural Fanfic - When the Winchester brothers go on a hunt for the archangel Gabriel with an arrogan... More

1: Archangels and Anti-Christs
2: A Deal With the Devil
3: Tortured and Used
4: Promises to Family
5: Stranded Without an Angel
6: Mirage Town
7: Healing the Hurt
8: Emotional and Weak
9: Gone... Again
10: It's About Perspective
11: The Black Room
12: Confessions
13: Pizza and Demons
14: Gail and Grace
15: Tears, Pain, and Humanity
16: Finding My Way
17: Too Good To Be True
18: Family of the Deceased
19: The White Room
21: Begin the Destruction
22: Ruin and Revival
23: A.N.G.E.L
24: Blood Sigils and Witchcraft
25: Time Is Ticking
26: Letters of Goodbye
27: The Heavenly Ghost
28: A Bittersweet Return
29: Midnight Blood Rituals
30: Demons Begone
Author's Note
Epilogue: Back at it Again

20: Final Farewells

1K 54 2
By ErinaceousFlower

My Grace came back immediately. It was like a white hot light, blinding my vision. It felt amazing.

When my vision cleared, I saw my black wings and my archangel blade on the floor.

I picked them up and, since I couldn't fly, teleported out of that room, to the Green Room.

I only had a bit of prepping to do in the Green Room. I pulled out my angel blade and sliced my hand. I did all the angel-proofing I needed to inactivate angel Grace.

Who needs spray paint when you have blood?

With my Grace weak from the angel-proofing, I teleported to the bunker.

I ended up in the kitchen. Sam and Dean were flipping out, and Gail was sitting at the table, eating a sandwich. I dropped my wings and blade in the kitchen table, announcing my arrival.

Sam turned around to see me, "Kei! Where have you been!?" He half-yelled.

Instead of answering him, I ran over and hugged Gail. "I thought I had lost you for good." I whispered.

"Kei, did you hear me? Where have you been? How's Gail alive? The bunker's locked down; how did you get in here?" Sam rapid-fire questioned me.

"Calm down, Moose-"

"Don't tell us to calm down!" Dean yelled, "You've been gone for two days! Gail's alive somehow! And we've got a half a dozen people here that came for a funeral that can't happen!"

"Guys, look, I'm fine. Gail's fine. We're all fine."

"We're not all fine," Sam said

Dean looked me up and down, then looked at my wings and blade on the table, then at Gail. "You wouldn't have-" He mumbled to himself.

I felt my face go pale. He knew.

"You did!" He exclaimed, "How could you?!"

"Wait, what?" Sam asked, oblivious.

"She made the deal with Crowley!" He looked at me, "You made the deal with Crowley!"

I stared at the floor.

At that moment, the other angels must have heard the yelling, because they stormed into the room. Along with Cas and Gabriel, who had showed up for the funeral.

"Who made a deal with Crowley?" Cas demanded.

"Is that why Gail's alive?" Cas asked. "What was the deal?"

When I said nothing, Gabe explained. "She did," he said, "She made a deal."

"Okay, maybe I did, but-"

Dean cut me off, "You knew she was going to, Gabriel, and you didn't tell us?"

Gabriel looked at the ground now.

"Why'd you even come back, Kei, aren't you supposed to be destroying Devil's Gates?" Sam asked, the pissed-off-ness obvious in his voice.

"I have a day until I have to begin." I explained, "I want to take you guys to the Green Room. As a safe house."

"Us? Why us? We can take care of ourselves." Dean scoffed.

"No you can't. Not against Crowley's army of demons. They outnumber the angels four to one."

Nobody had any answer to that. It seemed impossible, but it was true.

"Now," I quickly leaped next to Sam and Dean and placed my fingers on their foreheads, teleporting them to the Green Room. I did Gail next. "Who's going?" I asked the angels.

"Wha- they don't get a choice but we do?" Cas asked.

"Well you don't really get a choice either," I leaped over and teleported Cas to the safe house. "You do, though." I said to Gabriel.

"What about the Harwins?" Gabriel asked.

"What about them?" I questioned.

"Don't you think you should rescue them too?"

"No, not really." I said matter-of-factly, "They never helped anyone; Not me, not Gail, not Heaven or Earth."

"Oh, well then." Gabriel said. He thought for a moment, then pointed at the Samulet around my neck. "When did that happen?"

"Wha- what do you mean?"

"It's enchanted."

"No, it's not."

"Yes it it." He tilted his head. "Looks like Luci's handiwork."

"How-" Realization dawned on me. He had enchanted it when he took it from me in Atlanta. Then he gave it back to protect me from Micheal in Annapolis.

I guess it was kind of sweet that he cared that much, but at the same time, he could have at least told me that he had messed with it.

"Well, then, okay. It's enchanted. So are you going to go to the Green Room with me?"

"No, I'm good."

"Please, Gabriel, I'm begging you."

"I'm a big archangel, Kei. I can take care of myself." He kissed my forehead, "I hope you will too." He poofed away.

I wiped away the kiss and stomped my foot in frustration, then teleported to the little pub in Lebanon.

I saw Kyle Spencer washing down the bar. He looked up, and was started by the sight of me. "Hi, Keistelle." He greeted me.

"Kyle," I began, "What I'm about to tell you is going to be hard to understand, but pay attention. The apocalypse is about to begin. I'm going to start it. It's only a matter of time. I'm going to take you to a safe house with angels. It will keep you safe."

"But- how- why me?"

"You helped me out in my darkest hour. And, as a wise man once said, actions speak louder than words."

"Oh, well, it was nothing."

"Sometimes nothing is just what someone needs." I placed two fingers on Kyle's forehead, and teleported him to the Green Room and myself to Bobby's house.

I found myself with a splash of holy water to the face, salt all over my clothes, and a sliver knife dragged across my arm.

I winced in pain. "Good, you're not a demon or a shifter," Bobby concluded.

"Of course I'm not!"

"Good. Now, what do you need?" He asked coldly. Bobby obviously wasn't over the whole 'possession of his lover' thing.

"The Apocalypse is going to begin very soon. I'm going to take you to a safe house."

"Wha-" I cut him off by grabbing his hand a teleporting us to the Green Room.

The Winchester brothers, along with Gail, Cas, and Kyle, sat in wait of me when I arrived in the safe house.

"I can't believe you angel-proofed the Green Room." Cas said, shaking his head.

"Yes, well, desperate times call for desperate measures." I responded. "Now, listen up everyone. I've brought you here because you mean something to me. And, as sappy as it sounds, I love you all. Even you, Kyle. You're all good people." I paused. "Also, I need to talk with Dean in private."

Dean got up, and I motioned for him to follow me to a corner of the room. "What?" He asked.

I pulled off the Samulet. "Dean, if I don't make it back-"

"Don't say that. Of course you'll make it back."

"No, but, if I don't, promise me- promise me that you won't forget me."

"You're going to make it back."

"I'm trusting you with my legacy, Dean, now promise me."

He wrapped me in a tight hug, "I promise I'll never forget you."

I hugged back, "Thanks." After a few moments, he released me. Then, I looped the Samulet over Dean's neck. "It's enchanted. It'll protect you from angelic power."

"Thanks." He rubbed the necklace.

I grabbed his hand and led him back to the others. "Okay everyone, listen up. I might not return, so this is my last goodbye. I'll miss you all." I turned away, but thought better of it, and turned back around, tears in my eyes, to face them, "I'm sorry."

I teleported away to the crossroads.

Crowley waited for me at the there. He was picking his nails when I appeared.

"Hello, Keistelle."

"Let's just get this over with, Crowley."

"Fine." He grabbed my hand, and we teleported away.

Alright, we're two-thirds of the way done! Yay for that! Also, thanks for reading!! If you enjoyed, please vote and comment, because it would be grand if you did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 20.2K 26
~I do not own Supernatural or any of the characters~ *Cover by @alecvert* Alex is well, Crowley's daughter! She's half human, half demon, making...
3.2K 136 28
The Winchester brothers have problems with Archangel Michael and his desire to conquer and destroy their world. When a huntress comes across their pa...
5.3K 68 41
Disclaimer: I only own my OC. Supernatural and its characters belong to their rightful owners. They saved her. They gave her a home. They adopted he...
140K 3.6K 25
Rachael grew up with a bunch of hunters. All the kids there either had a family member on a hunt or their parents were killed in a hunt. Rachael'...