A Bittersweet Romance(On Hold)

By TheOriginalBree

Delilah Everest isn't your basic teenage girl; instead of talking about boys all day she would rather talk ab... More

A Bittersweet Romance
A Bittersweet Romance: One
A Bittersweet Romance: Two
A Bittersweet Romance: Three
A Bittersweet Romance:Five
A Bittersweet Romance: Six

A Bittersweet Romance: Four

384 24 3
By TheOriginalBree

Four❀

   After the bell rang signaling that the school day was over. Delilah made her way out of class and down the hallway to the entrance of Hilton High. Walking out into the cool spring air, Delilah took a deep breath taking it in.

It was the little things she started to appreciate more and more as her final days were coming to an end. Whenever she could she would stop and smell the roses..literally

The beauty of nature always has fascinated her but even more so now. The vibrant colors of flowers make her smile, just as the bees collecting nectar from them do. 

You never appreciate things until their gone.

Sighing Delilah hikes her backpack on her shoulder and begins her walk home. As she walks past the soccer field she gets a glimpse of Brandon and he's team mates practicing. A deep blush makes an appearance on her face because of the display of his bare chest.

 A feeling of something builds up and makes her body heat up from head to toe.

Feeling an uncomfortable sensation between her legs. Delilah quickly looks away and continues her walk home. She places her earphones in her ears trying to deter herself from inapproparte images of Brandon.

Finally arriving home after her 15 minute walk, Delilah enters her house and sets her bag down in the foyer and makes her way to the kitchen. Keeping her earphones in, Delilah looks through the fridge for something she could eat because she skipped lunch. Deciding to eat a pear, she washes it off and takes a bite. While eating she takes a moment to listen to the song playing, 'We were never young' by Raised by Swans.

Although she isn't an advent listener to most of their songs this one in particular happens to be her favorite. How soft and slow the melody; even the words make it a beautiful song. She would love to hear it live at one of their concerts.

Suddenly, sadness takes over her emotions because she knows she won't have the chance to actually see them live in concert or even do anything she dreams of.

Tears begin to brim her eyes before she quickly blinks them away and composes herself. 'You will not cry Delilah.' 

She tells herself determined not to shed one tear. She knew feeling sorry for herself wouldn't do anything but bring her down. Closing her eyes for a moment, Delilah's breathing becomes steady and she relaxes.

Meowing brings Delilah out her thoughts and small smile begins to form on her face.

Fang and Echo come out of their hiding and rub up against her legs purring in delight. Taking a seat on the floor Delilah pets and kisses Echo on her cute little nose. And of course doing the same to Fang who places his paw gently on her face showing her that he loves her too. She missed them just as much as they missed her.

They were her babies.

Yawning, Delilah picks up her two cats and brings them to her bedroom closing the door behind her. After her long day, she decides to take a quick nap before she starts her homework.

Stripping out of her clothes and into more comfortable ones she dives into her warm duvet covers and snuggles with Echo and Fang before she falls into a dreamless sleep.

                                   *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

 Delilah awakes to the delicious aroma of Steak; her favorite. She quickly jumps out of bed and joins Fang and Echo who are already waiting at her bedroom door to be let out.

The trio run down the hall and into the kitchen to see Jane, finishing up dinner.

"Hey mom." Delilah greets her mother giving her a big hug from behind.

"Hi honey, how was school?"

Delilah sits at the island and blushes remembering what Brandon had asked her only a few hours ago. She looks down at the Granite counter top and begins to outline the design with her fingertips. Pretending she didn't hear what her mother said.

Jane looks over her shoulder to look at her daughter who seems to be avoiding her question. Suddenly, her stomach drops. Maybe something bad happened at school or someone's teasing her. Worry quickly consumes Jane's emotions and she stop everything's she's doing to go to her daughter.

"Delilah is everything alright? Look at me sweetheart."

It takes a moment but when she finally looks up at her mother. Jane notices her cheeks are slightly reddened. She looks confused and suspiciously at her daughter.

"Why are you blushing Delilah?"

Delilah instantly brings her hands up to cover her cheeks and blushes harder at being caught. These are the times where she wishes she was just a few shades darker so no would notice things like this.

"Delilah?" her mother repeats sternly.

She sighs signaling she's giving in but cannot look her mother in the eyes. Just as she's about to explain the pot on the stove begins to boil over and her mother rushes to turn it off. Postponing Delilah from having to tell her mother about her date with Brandon.

She lets out breath of relief and slouches in her chair happy for the distraction.

Her relief is short lived because her mother simply turns off the burner and turns back to Delilah with an eyebrow raised. Giving her the look all mothers have given their children when they have been caught doing something wrong. She felt like she was five all over again being reprimanded by her mother for tracking dirt into the house.

Delilah blows out a breath of annoyance, she really hated that look.

"Well?" Her mother asks while crossing her arms over her chest and tapping her foot impatiently.

It's not like she wasn't excited about the date she was fucking over the moon about it. But the part where she tells her mom about is what she is dreading. In all honestly she loved her mother dearly and they were very close but the women was bat shit crazy when it came to boys. She just picture it now pink frills, pink shoes, pink bows just pink on pink. Delilah shuddered at the thought and inwardly grimaced.

Jane tired of waiting for a reply from her daughter who is obviously in wonderland at the moment. Approaches her and thumps her forehead bring Delilah back to reality.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Delilah questions while rubbing the sore spot on her head.

"I've been waiting 10 minutes for you to answer my question and 7 of those minutes you were off la le gagging in another world."

"Okay! Geez you didn't to use violence though.."

"Please, it was just a tap!" Jane scoffs

"Fine, I'll tell you.."

"Finally! Jesus you're acting like you murdered someone!"

"I can assure you mom I didn't kill anyone." Delilah replies frustrated. "I...haveadate!" She quickly says.

"A what?" Jane asks puzzled

"I..haveadate." Delilah repeats just as quickly as the first time.

"Could you, I don't know? Say it at freaking human speed? Please."

 Delilah sighs and finally slows it down and says "I have a date.."

She flinches when she hears a high pitch squeal and the movement of her mother tackling her into a hug; squeezing the life out of her.

'Oh God, help me!'

"You have to tell me everything! So spill!" Her mother exclaims

"Okay but only after we sit at the table with dinner because I'm kind of hungry mom."

Jane nods her head agreeing with her daughter and starts finishing up dinner while Delilah sets the table for two. After the food is placed at the table and both mother and daughter take their seats. They say a quick prayer before they begin eating. After a few bites of food her mother looks at her smiling obviously waiting for her to explain more about her date.

"Well..um this guy asked me on date for tomorrow night.." She pauses for a moment and then continues "His name is Brandon and he's really handsome."

'Hey that rhymed' she thinks to herself trying to not think about the blush that once again covers her cheeks. 

Her mom squeals again and claps her hands happily. Delilah can't help but think that her mother act too much like a teenage girl sometimes.

"I know exactly what we need to do! After school we can head to the mall and go shopping for nice outfit for your date. Of course you'll need new shoes. Oh! And jewelry! I'm so excited!" Jane exclaimed.

"You would think she was the one going on the date by the way she was acting." Delilah mumbled to herself.

Blocking out her mother’s rambling, Delilah finished up her food and began cleaning the dishes while her mother finished eating.

"Delilah are you listening to anything I'm saying?"

"Yes mom I know we are going to go shopping and buy new clothes, shoes etc etc.” She sighs

"You don't want to do any of that stuff do you?" Her mother asks knowingly.

She just shakes her head no while putting the last of the dishes up. She hated buying new things especially since money has been tight around the house ever since her father’s passing. Her mother already had enough bills to pay as it is and worst thing was she couldn't even help. Her mother had forbidden her from getting a job because her condition. 

"Why not?"

"Because mom, we are already short on money. Ever since dad died we have been struggling! We had to sell dads car just to pay for his funeral cost and now we are still paying off dad's medical bills on top of mine. We have no money to just waste. I'm going to be gone in less than two months mom and who is going to be there when I'm not.." Delilah stops to take in a deep breath before she can began again.

"I'm scared mom, I'm so scared." She whispers finally breaking down in her mother’s arms.

Jane feels a pain go through her heart at seeing her daughter in such distress. Her mother only wanting to comfort her holds her tightly in an motherly embrace whispering only soothing things into her daughters ear.

After a few minutes Delilah's breathing begins to slow down to a normal pace and her shaking begins to decrease. It only take a few moments more before Delilah is finally calm enough to take her face out of the shelter of her mother’s neck and face her.

Gently, Jane wipes the tears off of Delilah's face and lays a delicate kiss on each of her closed eyelids relaxing her.

"Sweetheart those things are not something you should even worry about. You're a teenager for heaven sakes. I know everything that has happened in the past 3 years have made you grow up so fast but for just one night I want you to act your age. Can you do that for me?"

Delilah hesitates before she nods silently to her mother signaling that she agrees to try for her. Jane continues to caress her face while rubbing the continuous flow of tears off of her daughters face.  

"Why don't we head to bed?"

Delilah simply nods and begins to head to her room. Although she still has homework to finish she shoves that to the back of her mind and gets into bed.

"Goodnight honey, sweet dreams."

She rolls to her side and closes her eyes hoping she will wake up to better day tomorrow.

A/N: Updated finally, so her is chapter four hope you liked it. Please vote and Comment below on how you think the story is going so far. I'd love to hear them. Also the next chapter will be a good one so I hope your excited about it. Thanks for the support, I love you guys.

Bree<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 203 91
Get ready to dive into the captivating story of teenage couples as they navigate the treacherous waters of high school and strive to make their relat...
60.5K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
654K 24.9K 50
(BWWM) EDITING "That cannot happen again." Sunny spoke breaking the silence between us. We must have been sitting in my car for a solid five minute...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...