Changing Mr. Popular

By willferrel

An arm snaked around my waist and he forced me to face him. "That kiss on Wednesday was hot, wanna continue... More

One | Welcome to the Jungle
Two | Pour Some Sugar on Me
Three | Take On Me
Four | Burning Down the House
Chapter Five | Tainted Love
Six | Under Pressure
Seven | Just A Friend
Eight | In The Air Tonight
Chapter Nine | Love is a Battlefield
Ten | I Melt With You
Eleven | Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Twelve | It's the End of the World As We Know it
Thirteen | What I Like About You
Fourteen | Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Fifteen | Love Will Tear Us Apart
Sixteen | When Doves Cry
Seventeen | Sweet Child O' Mine
Eighteen | Walk This Way
Nineteen | Another One Bites The Dust
Twenty One | Our Lips Are Sealed
Twenty Two | Don't You Want Me
Twenty Three | Don't Stop Believin'
Twenty Four | Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Epilogue
Authors Note!

Twenty | The Final Countdown

181K 4.8K 2.8K
By willferrel

ALMOST 700 READS WOW I LOVE YOU GUYS!

anyway, enjoy...

Twenty
__________________________

All my anger, hurt, and frustration disappeared when he placed his lips on mine. Against my better judgment, my mind went blank, and all I could think about was the swarm of raging butterflies in my stomach.

At that moment, I could really care less that we were standing in the middle of a neighborhood sidewalk. All I could focus on--all I wanted to focus on--was Tyler, who had one arm wrapped tightly around me and the other reaching up to caress my cheek.

My left hand was tangled in his silky hair, the other clenching his shirt tightly. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip, causing me to shiver, which only seemed to ensue him further.

Embarrassingly enough, I let out a little moan when his tongue stroked mine. His hold on me tightened, and shivers of pleasure ran throughout my body. He moved his hand away from my cheek and into my hair, undoubtably messing it up, but I didn't mind at the moment.

I made a bold move and sucked on his bottom lip. He let out a loud groan, which caused me to slightly smile at the fact that I was the one to elicit that reaction.

He pulled away and I almost pouted, thinking that it was over until he buried his face into my neck. He placed his lips on my collarbone, soon kissing all the way up my neck until he found my ear. He sucked on the spot right behind my earlobe and I whimpered in pleasure.

After some time--I had no idea exactly how much--I became extremely aware that we needed to get home.

I pulled away and wouldn't meet Tyler's eyes, embarrassed and confused about what just happened. I cleared my throat awkwardly. "We should...uh, go home, I guess."

Tyler nodded, looking a little dazed, and we started walking to his car.

...

After a very tense and silent ride home, I dashed up to my room and slammed the door shut.

I flopped back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. I brought a finger up to my still tingling lips, which were definitely swollen.

I had a strong feeling that no matter what my relationship with Tyler was, after this, it wouldn't ever be the same.

I struggled over what to do. Without doubt I had feelings for Tyler, but did he feel the same? Or was I just another girl to play with for him?

I'd been very hesitant since Cameron; in a lot of ways Tyler reminded me of him, which was what scared me.

Cameron had been the perfect boyfriend, at first. He took me out on dates, kissed me like there was no tomorrow, and would shout it to the world that I was his if I wanted him to, but that had all been an act. After I finally, finally had sex with him on my 16th birthday, he left me the next day, saying something along the lines of "it was fun but it got old". It turned out all he had wanted was my virginity, and he was with another girl within the next week.

Ever since then, I'd  been very wary of guys, especially the player type. But I really did like Tyler, and a tiny part of me thought he might really like me back. I just didn't know which part of me to believe.

I sighed loudly. What the hell was I going to do?

...

The next two days were awful, mainly because I was getting up an hour earlier than usual just so I could avoid Tyler and walk to school. It was utterly exhausting traveling the two miles from home to school, not to mention the icy wind that would pierce straight through my jacket, because it was only late February.

It was then Friday afternoon, and I was alone at my house. I peeled my skinny jeans off and changed into some soft, black sweats, heading downstairs to grab a snack.

I stuck a hot pocket in the microwave and impatiently tapped my foot on the linoleum tile, anticipating the moment I could sink my teeth into the hot bundle of deliciousness.

I stared at the timer as It counted down, and yanked the door open as soon as it reached zero, avoiding having to hear the shrill beeping.

I took a big bite, and immediately regretted it. It was boiling hot and I spit it out, successfully staining my white tank top with red pizza sauce. I considered running upstairs to change my shirt, but decided not to because I wasn't going anywhere.

After finishing my food, I headed to the living room, and made myself comfortable on the couch. I felt semi-lonely, and it was times like these I desperately wished that we had a pet.

I laughed out loud a little. I couldn't really believe it, but I was glad that Trent and my parents were coming home that Sunday; maybe I would get some normality back into my life.

Turning on the TV, I went to Netflix, planning to continue my binge of The Vampire Diaries. The show was my secret addiction and, of course, no one could keep me away from Damon...or Klaus.

I was about halfway through the episode, and wanted to rip Elena's head off. I usually loved her, but she was being particularly frustrating that episode.

"Damn it, Elena!" I grumbled out loud. "You need to turn your emotions back on right fucking now or else I'm going to-

Suddenly the doorbell rang, causing me to stop mid sentence in my rant. I grunted and stood up, pausing the TV. Whoever it was interrupted my show, so it had better be important.

I trudged to the front door and pulled it open, revealing Carly's tall form--well, taller than me, anyway. She was standing there expectantly while I stared at her in confusion. How did she even find out where I live? Oh wait... Audrey. I'm dumb.

"Carly?" Was all I could think to say at first.

"Carly? Never heard of her." She widened her eyes dramatically. "I'm simply a home intruder. Now let me in so I can murder you."

I laughed and stepped to the side, allowing her to walk in past me.

"Okay, now, I have a plan," she said, a devious smile curving up her glossed lips.

I frowned at her and opened my mouth to question her, but she cut me off. "There's this party tonight, and we're going."

A party?

"But-"

"No, Lauren, look at yourself! Food stains, and raggedy ass clothes. Something's been wrong with you for the past few days, and you need to go out tonight. Besides, it'll be fun, you're hot and you need to show it off once in a while."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I guess she had a point; maybe a little fun at a party was just what I needed to get my mind off of Tyler.

"Fine," I mumbled. I guess the Vampire Diaries would just have to wait.

...

A few hours later, we were ready. Carly had softly curled my hair and perfected the smoky eye look for my makeup. She, herself, had straightened her dark brown hair, and was bearing some particularly sharp liquid eyeliner.

We were standing in my room, and I gave myself one last glance-over in the full length mirror that hung from the back of my bedroom door. I had on form fitting black leggings, with black leather ankle boots, and a black off the shoulder top that cut off on my mid-section, allowing the fake stone of my belly ring to gleam in the light. This was so not how I regularly dressed, but it felt kind of nice.

Carly looked amazing as well with a mid thigh length red dress that accentuated her curves, paired with a cropped black leather jacket.

Carly's car was a blue Nissan Versa, and was luckily small enough to find a parking spot in the packed driveway. Stepping out of the car, I looked up at the lit up white mansion in front of me. Whoever lived here must've been ridiculously wealthy.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Whose party is this again?"

"William something," she shrugged.

Hmm. That name rung a bell from somewhere, but I didn't have much time to ponder it. "Come on!" Carly exclaimed, latching onto my arm and dragging me towards the entrance of the house.

From the looks of it, this party was in full swing. I could see dark shadows moving about through every window visible, and the heavy bass of the music could be heard from outside. An extremely wasted girl was dancing in the front lawn with no pants on, and had a small group of chortling guys holding beers surrounding her. Stepping inside, there were people everywhere you looked. Passing through the packed foyer, we reached the living room and Carly shouted that she would meet back up with me later.

"Seriously?!" I shouted at her retreating form, but my voice was drowned out by the loud sound system blasting "sweet nothing".

Shaking my head in annoyance, I pushed my way through the crowd of people making my way to the kitchen.

Empty Budweiser cans and red solo cups littered the granite countertops, and there was vomit in the sink. The smooth, white walls were stained with who knows what, and one of the cabinets bore a drawing in sharpie that was...not pretty. Assuming that it was serve yourself, I searched through the packed fridge until I found a can of Dr. Pepper.

I cracked it open, sucking on the rim of the can when fizz threatened to spill over. I leaned against the counter and took small sips, feeling extremely awkward. Why did I agree to this again? Right now I could totally be enjoying my show with a big bowl of popcorn, but no, I was standing alone at a stupid party that everyone will be too trashed to even remember.

After a another minute of agony, I was approached by an attractive guy who looked to be about my age. He was tall, with side-swept black hair and grayish eyes. He was fit as well, but not overly so.

"Well, you look like you're having fun," he said, his deep voice laced with sarcasm.

I flashed him a weak smile. "Totally, being ditched by the only person you know is so fun."

Whoops, did that sound as bitchy as I thought it did? I hoped not.

"Well, why don't I make it better for you?" he asked, lips turning up into a cocky smile.

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow. "How?"

"Well dance with me, of course."

I laughed. "But I don't even know your name."

"Logan. Let me guess, you're a...Ashley?"

I wagged my finger at him. "Nope. You failed, it's Lauren."

"Well Lauren, will you dance with me?" he jokingly bowed and offered me his hand.

I giggled and nodded, clasping his warm hand in mine. He led me back to the crowded living room, where some Pink song was now being played. I was far from being a master at dancing, but it wasn't that bad. He clasped his hands loosely around my waist, and mine were on his shoulders. It was fun and easygoing.

We danced for a few songs, until he leaned in close to whisper something to me, his hot breath tickling my ear. "The boy behind you keeps on looking at you every few seconds, you know. Do you know him?"

I spun around to see Tyler across the room, a tall red head dancing with him. He locked eyes with me, and I couldn't help but glare at the girl he was dancing with. While I was staring, Logan's arms tightened around my waist, and I glanced back at him. He raised an eyebrow questioningly. I shook my head, trying to tell him I'd explain later.

I turned back to where Tyler was, and his eyes met mine again, before he pulled the girl he was with tighter to him, and kissed her hard. My stomach clenched and my hands balled into fists. He truly was an asshole.

His eyes flickered back to mine as he was still kissing her, and I could see his lips form into a smile around hers. Instead of tears welling in my eyes like last time, I could feel my temper rising...and here I thought maybe he liked me!

Before anything else could happen, I was yanked out of Logan's arms and faced with a grinning Carly.

"Come on! A group of us are playing never have I ever." She started pulling me through the living room, and I wondered how she could go so fast in heels without falling.

She led me into a dimly lit room that had two leather couches, and the air had a thick haze with what smelled like weed. Faint music was playing from an ipod dock in the corner, and a group of people were crowded around a black coffee table.

Carly and I joined the group, where four people already were. There were two girls and two guys; the girls were blonde and brunette, and were wearing matching strapless black dresses. The guys I recognized from school as Tyler's friends.

They were both fairly attractive. One had short, cropped dark hair, and the other a shaggy blond.

"Hey, I'm Will," said the dark haired guy when we approached them. I noticed he had a great smile; the white of his teeth contrasted stunningly with his dark skin.

My jaw almost dropped as everything came together. Shit. This must be Tyler's best friend Will, and, subsequently, this his party.

The blond guy smiled at us, introducing himself as Jake. The girls just giggled and halfway waved, so I immediately assumed they were either drunk off their asses, or just stupid.

I sat down between Jake and Carly, while Will placed five shots of vodka in front of each of us.
"So you know how this goes, right? Whoever's turn it is says never have I ever done something, and if you've done it before, you do a shot." We all nodded to say we understood what Will said.

"Okay, let's get started then," I said, eager to play.

"Got room for two more?" I heard a cocky voice ask behind me, followed by a squeaky laugh.

I clenched my teeth and spun around. "Not really," I said to Tyler and the redhead he had been kissing earlier.

"Yeah, Tyler,  get in here!" said Jake, which caused a small tick of annoyance towards him; couldn't he see I didn't want Tyler around?

Tyler and the red head I was quickly growing to hate sat directly across from me, and I glared venomously at the girl as Will got their shots ready. It was silent for a minute, and the tension in the air was almost as thick as the drugs.

"Okay then, who goes first?" asked Will.

"I will!" said Carly, grinning broadly. "Never have I ever...had a threesome."

Disgustingly enough, everybody except me, Carly, and Will downed a shot. Tyler smirked at me, and I glared at him, trying to refrain from strangling him.

"I have one," Tyler said slowly. "Never have I ever made out with someone and then randomly ignored them for two days straight."

I felt heat rising to my cheeks as I was the only one who swallowed the bitter alcohol, resisting the urge to spit it out. Was he seriously giving me grief for ignoring him, when he was making out with that girl right in front of me?

"And you've never done that, Tyler?" I asked with narrowed eyes. He was the one famous for leaving his conquests without having even remembered their name, after all.

He smiled smugly and shook his head. "Nah, I always bed them first."

I shook my head in disgust. Fine, if he wanted to play that way, we would play that way. I faked an innocent look and said, "Never have I ever slept with someone without even knowing their name."

I stared Tyler down the entire time he swallowed his shot.

The blonde girl spoke up next. "Never have I ever been used for sex."

I snorted in disbelief at that, but nonetheless drank my shot, along with the rest of the girls in the room.

Tyler's eyes widened as he studied my face. "You're not a virgin?" he asked, looking dumbfounded.

Already feeling the alcohol affecting me after two shots, I smiled sweetly and said, "Surprise!"

"You know what?" I asked, standing up. "This is getting boring, I'm going to go dance."

I sashayed out and back to the living room, and grabbed an auburn haired guy by the elbow.
"Dance with me,"  I said, giving him a flirtatious smile.

"I would, but I can't,"  he looked uneasy.

"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"You're Tyler's girl...everyone knows that."

Maybe it was the shots I'd already downed amplifying my emotions, but I'd just about had it with all the bullshit.

"I am not Tyler's girl!" I exclaimed loudly and soon grabbed a cup of whiskey, downing it.

Followed by another, and another.

__________________________

I'm so sorry that this chapter jumps around different topics...but it would be way too short if it didn't. I was also experiencing bad writers block so sorry if this sucks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
3.8K 22 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
12.2K 484 58
There are three things Kaitlin should know: 1. Do NOT test the new bad boy 2. Do NOT keep in contact with the bad boy 3. And Do NOT and I repeat DO...
3.9M 150K 40
"I have this strong urge to kiss you." he said as his eyes flicked to my lips and then back to my eyes. I felt my heartbeat increasing and my knees w...