Asher's Heart

By rhxpsodicxlly

Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Acknowledgments | Character Interview
Update
Extra #1
Extra #2
Cast

Chapter 13

41.2K 1.6K 268
By rhxpsodicxlly

"Which one is he?" Megan whispered.

I turned to her. She was staring at Asher hard to find at least one thing to tell them apart.

"The evil one," I whispered darkly.

She scrunched up her face.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"You make me sound like I am always making plans for world domination Anderson," Asher said shaking his head at me as if I was a kid that had spilled the juice she was supposed to drink.

"Aren't you always?" I asked rhetorically but he answered anyway.

"Depends. I usually plan that after I am done planning your demise," he answered with a smirk.

He sat across from us and leaned back on the chair. That infuriating smirk still on his face.

He raised his eyebrow at my lack of retort. Then his eyes shifted to my side.

"Hanging out with The Club Girl, I see," he said, amused.

Megan gave him a dirty look.

When Asher returned Megan started a Hate Club against him. I still didn't know how she got her way with it. The club wasn't a success but she kept it running by herself. She made posters making fun of him and his songs and putting them all over the school. They were torn as soon as they went up, though. This school worshiped him. But no action was taken against Megan by his fans. None that I knew of.

"So, how's the club going Mary? Any new member?" he asked mockingly.

"It's Megan," She muttered under her breath.

He leaned forward on the table.

"So, tell me Madison did anyone join your club?" he repeated.

Megan frowned at him.

Nobody did.

"That's what I thought," Asher said offhandedly.

That was when I realized I had said it out loud.

I looked at Megan and she was glaring at me. I gave her an apologetic look.

"What do you want Asher?" I snapped at him.

"I am quite surprised... " he started ignoring my question.

He looked me in the eye.

"That your friend here didn't join your stupid club considering your friendship was solely based on your common dislike toward me," he said it all looking straight into my eyes but all this time he was talking to Megan.

I heard him but I couldn't comprehend a single word he said. I found myself lost in his eyes. He didn't look away and I couldn't look away. His mesmerizing had captivated me yet again. The blue swirls in them were brighter than anyone I had seen. It was really a shame that the person with such beautiful eyes had such a horrible attitude.

"I umm... I have to meet Mr. Simpson for extra credit," Megan stammered uncomfortably and stood up.

This brought me out of my trance.

"Megan?"

"I'll talk to you later," she said and picked up her stuff before hurrying off.

I watched with a confused look as she got out of there.

What happened?

I looked back at Asher and he had a blank look on his face.

"What?"

He looked away and cleared his throat. When he faced me again his business-only face was on.

"I have a deal," he proposed without beating around the bush.

I groaned. Not again. I still didn't have any idea what the deal with Evan was.

"Stop complaining. It's for your benefit," he said.

I gestured for him to continue.

He put his phone on the table at an equal distance between us. Oh how much I wanted to snatch it and delete that godforsaken video. The one when he pranked me into thinking that I was kidnapped. But I refrained from doing so because knowing him, he probably put a password before coming here.

"You can delete the video," he stated.

"What's the catch?" I asked instantly.

He smirked.

All he ever does is smirk!

"You know me too well Anderson," he said, impressed.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah and I also know that you won't let me do it without getting anything in return. So tell me what do you want?" I asked.

"True," he said twirling his phone, one corner still touching the table.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently.

He looked at what I was reading and his eyes twinkled with mischief.

"You're such a nerd," he remarked.

"I am not!" I glared at him.

"Aww, is little Anderson offended?" he cooed.

I knew what he was doing. He was trying to change the topic. But I was too riled up to point that out.

I clenched the pen between my fingers.

Don't stab him. Don't stab him. Don't stab him.

He raised an eyebrow at that but spoke anyway.

"Nerdy little Anderson wants nothing less than an A," he teased. I must say he was very brave to push me considering the murderous look on my face.

"I am not nerdy, I just happen to be born smart," I retorted. "Unlike you," I added.

"I beg to differ," he said.

I was just going to give him a piece of my mind when he looked at his wrist watch.

"Time up! You can no longer enjoy my company," he announced.

"Please! Your company and enjoyment can never be used in the same sentence," I said rolling my eyes. He was so full of himself.

"Keep telling that yourself, Anderson. You know you love my company," he winked and my traitorous heart gave a flutter.

I scoffed.

"Keep dreaming Asher," I called after him as he went round a bookshelf.

One thing I could never stand was letting him have the last word.

****

"You're late. We were going to leave without you," Brooke said as I reached the parking lot.

"I was just two minutes late for Christ's sake!" I protested.

"Hop in," she said as she revved the engine. I hopped in the passenger side of her white Toyota. I looked at the back seat and two of the girls from cheerleading team were sitting there. I said hi to them. The rest must be going with Kelsey. We were already in our uniforms. It was blue with two golden stripes at the hem. These were our school colors.

"Where is Megan?" I asked as she drove to Westbrook Academy. The match was going to take place there. The rivalry between Illinois Academy and Westbrook Academy went years back. We hated them with as much passion as they did. And these matches were solely organized to keep students from showing their rivalry in other forms.

Another reason why everyone was so excited for the match was because School's star player, Asher was making a comeback.

Asher made it to the team when he was a freshman and became the captain. He was the first freshman to ever lead the soccer team in the Academy's history. He was the best Illinois Academy ever had. This game was a pretty big deal for everyone.

"She didn't tell you? She called it off at the last moment," Brooke said.

"Why?" I asked. I was a little annoyed at her for not informing me about her change of plans.

"She didn't say," Brooke replied nonchalantly.

"Something important must have come up. She was pretty excited for the match," I said.

Brooke hummed in response.

The crowd at Westbrook was insane. So many people from both the schools had attended the match. The seats were full but people adjusted to sit in the cramped up space.

The match was about to start but first, we had a small performance. We performed after Westbrook's cheerleaders. Their school colors were red and white and it was used in abundance to decorate the small stadium.

The spectators were shouting and cheering for the teams.

The noise got deafening when the match started. At every goal made by our team half of the crowd stood up and cheered. Westbrook Academy managed to make some goals too.

Once Asher got the ball in his possession it was sure that we would get a point. That's the way he played. Alone. He rarely passed the ball. But no one had any problem with the way he played as long as he made them win.

On the other hand, Ashton was a team player and the captain. He played with the whole team.

Everyone held their breaths when a player from the opposite team tripped Asher roughly just before the half time. I gasp escaped my lips. They cheated. The player from the opposite team did it intentionally. The referee blew the whistle. At least they had to pay for it.

Ashton and Roy ran toward him. Asher stood up and made his way to where the coach was standing along with other team members. I didn't think twice before running to where they were standing.

As I reached there I could hear the coach and Asher arguing. He was sitting on a bench.

"I can't allow that," Coach Chase said.

"Listen to him Ash," Ashton said to Asher.

Asher looked at Ashton as if he had betrayed him.

"I am fine," he insisted.

"No, you're not. You were limping all the way here," I blurted before I could stop myself, thus making my presence known.

The coach and the players looked at me. But I could easily feel someone glaring amongst them. A glare that pierced holes into my skull.

"Keep your nose away Anderson," Asher snapped.

He didn't wait for me to say anything and turned to coach.

"I can play," he said leaving no room for argument.

"Ash... " Ashton started but trailed off after receiving a glare.

The coach sighed and Asher broke into a grin.

"You are a stubborn little prick," coach muttered, shaking his head.

Everyone was filled with anticipation when the second half started. I got back to where Brooke was and sighed. He was such an ass. I looked at Brooke to complain but she was grinning weirdly.

"What?"

"Nothing," she said but didn't stop grinning.

The match nearly came to an end with equal scores. I hated to say this but Westbrook's team was pretty good even though they cheated. They managed to equal the scores.

I wasn't at all worried about our team losing because I knew it won't.

Brooke gripped my hand tightly when three players from opposite team formed a circle around Asher as he ran to make the last winning goal. He came to a stop. There was no way he could get the ball and himself out of there and it was far enough that he couldn't kick the ball straight into the goal.

Brooke's grip became stronger as she anticipated his next move. I remained calm but from inside I was just as nervous as every other person.

If he tried to play his way we would lose and the second option was nonexistent to him.

He looked at the goal and then at the opponent players around him. He lifted his right leg to kick. His decision was made. We were going to lose. He couldn't possibly make a goal from there.

"Shit," I muttered.

He swung his leg but changed it direction at the last moment. The ball flew toward Ashton who was standing unattended near the goal. Ashton swiftly directed the ball toward the goal and we won.

Everyone stood up cheering and shouting. The other team players cursed. People surrounded the players and picked up Ashton and Asher. Girls tried to touch them wherever they could.

"Yay!" Brooke fist-pumped the air. We high-fived.

"Party at Asher's," someone shouted and the crowd roared with excitement.

I knew we would win.

📚📚📚📚

Hi, awesome people!!!
Long time no see huh. I apologize for the late update. I was busy with school stuff. So, anyway, do you like it?
Vote and comment!

Random question - What is your underrated favorite book series?
Bye!
-K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.6K 77
Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to run into the schools most notorious footba...
1K 123 22
(Story under Heavy editing) ************* April Anderson just wanted one thing, to get through high school without any drama, but What happens when...
1.1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
1.1M 14.3K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...