Artificial Mind

De Inconvenient_Ideal

After hiding from a Decepticon attack, Minnie Ballentine gets swept up into the ongoing battle between them a... Mai multe

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22

17

1.1K 58 0
De Inconvenient_Ideal

Calm had enveloped the base. It was that awkward calm before something possibly terrible happened. Everyone was in no doubt that something terrible was going to happen. It was obvious something terrible was going to happen. No one was in denial over the moment. But that didn't mean that they had all accepted what was no doubt about to unfold.

Sitting around and waiting was all that could really be done. In the distance Fowler was ranting down the phone about how they needed all possible help, be that air force, army, and oddly enough – which caused everyone to eye him strangely – the navy.

"Are we likely to need the navy?" Miko had whispered up at Bulkhead, he looked puzzled before slowly shaking his head.

"No, I don't think so. Are we?" His question got aimed towards Ironhide, who in turn looked at the two of them with a frown.

He was standing with his arms crossed and a frown already on his face. Upon seeing them two looking up at him with wide questionable eyes, he sighed and shook his head. "Not unless the Decepticons have moved to sea based forms." Ironhide stated.

"Oh," Miko said lowly and rubbed her chin in thought.

Away from the three of them, Arcee, Smokescreen and Bumblebee stood waiting patiently for orders, or something in general to do. Minnie sat on Smokescreen's foot plate, her head leaned against her hands. Beside her Raf was sitting in a similar position on Bumblebee's foot plate. "I don't like waiting." Minnie declared. "Waiting really sucks."

"I know," Raf responded and looked up at her. Looking up as Ratchet and Optimus walked into the main room, they both jumped up. Jack who was standing beside Arcee moved to stand beside Raf.

"What's going on?" The elder boy asked curiously.

Neither the medic or the leader answered his question. Ratchet walked to the computer and started typing quickly on the keys. Jack, Raf and Minnie exchanged a look when Ratchet seemed to ignore the question. Looking at the map when numerous red dots started flashing, everyone went on the defensive. "What is this?" Ironhide asked while tapping Ratchet on the shoulder. "We should get there, we shouldn't be standing around here!"

Ratchet looked at his friend and nodded slowly. "As much as I agree with you, Ironhide. Something doesn't seem right."

"Doesn't seem right?" It was Smokescreen who voiced this utterly confused. "They're attacking numerous places! Many people will get hurt, we have to go! It doesn't matter if it doesn't seem right, we need to help those people!"

"They are attacking without a cause," Optimus said thus earning silence in the room. "None of the key Decepticons are present, which means that this is most likely a trap. No matter, you are right, Smokescreen." He paused. "As such Bulkhead, Arcee and Bumblebee you will take Miko, Jack and Raf to safety. Once this has been achieved go deter the Decepticons." This naturally caused the three teenagers to exclaim in annoyance, and the three Autobots to nod. "You cannot be here, considering the attacks are drawer closer, the likelihood of the base being discovered is high." Optimus waved a hand to the map. He was right, a few red dots had slowly appeared in the area which was the town. Turning he looked to Ironhide and Ratchet, "I'm sorry to ask this of you old friend, but we need you." This was directed at Ratchet, who for the most part stayed clear of battle.

Watching as everyone split up and went on their separate ways. Minnie walked slowly over. "Me?"

"Go with Fowler."

"For real?" Minnie asked, "I know I shouldn't say this because you'll disagree; but I can help."

Optimus leaned down, "Minnie, you said that I would be a target, but so would you. Beings like you make excellent infiltrators, and yes; I know you're not nor have you infiltrated this base." Optimus said before she could exclaim something in contradiction. "But Shockwave wouldn't miss an opportunity to get you back in his lab. They will turn you into the weapon you were meant to be."

Minnie frowned lightly. "You knew I was meant to be a weapon?"

"It was a known thing." Optimus admitted, Minnie placed her hands slowly in her pockets. She nodded slowly trying to process the fact that all along it seemed that Optimus knew the purpose of techno-organics.

She shook her head again. "Shockwave created two lots of techno-organics. One for war one for...non conflict..."

"It doesn't matter, you have the means to become a weapon. As such you cannot be present. You must go with Fowler, you will be safe with him."

"What if I refuse?"

"That is not wise." Optimus stood back up. "With Fowler you shall be safe. They shall guard you. With us, I cannot promise your safety."

"I don't want to go."

"I know. I can tell." Optimus sighed and shook his head slowly.

"Sure I can't stay and help?" Minnie asked only to yelp when she got scooped up and placed down next to Fowler. Optimus turned away and walked towards Smokescreen. She went to take a step forward only Fowler stopped her.

"Come on, this is our cue to leave."

"But-"

"No, kid, we have to go. We've got a plane to catch."

"Plane?! I'm not flying off to some place miles away!" Minnie exclaimed and darted forward. "All right, I get it, for my safety and for your peace of mind you are sending me elsewhere. But..." Minnie trailed off and hung her head. Feeling pressure she looked up, reaching up she moved the digit which was patting her on the head carefully. "Be safe! I want you both back in one piece!" She exclaimed sadly while looking from Optimus to Smokescreen.

"Yes ma'am!" Smokescreen saluted with a grin. Minnie laughed and shook her head, being budged along she got the message.

"Bye." She smiled sadly, Optimus didn't say anything but gave a slow nod in recognition. Stepping back to Fowler she sighed. "Let's go catch this plane, hm?"

——

"Here," Fowler reached over the back of his chair and gave Minnie the small device in his hand. She turned it over, looking up she aimed her confusion towards the chair. Fowler had turned back around. It seemed that when the proposal of getting on a plane arose, Minnie thought it'd just be a normal plane. Not some sort of fighter jet which Fowler was piloting. "It's a communication device." He explained, he could clearly feel the confused look which was being sent at him.

Minnie hooked the ear piece over her ear and sat back in the stiff leather seat. These weren't exactly the most comfortable seats. It certainly didn't help having two harnesses going over her shoulders and clipping into a holder between her legs. She kept fidgeting, it was so uncomfortable. "How do you manage to travel in these things?" Minnie asked while giving the harness a tug.

"You get used to it," Fowler answered while the sounds of switches being flicked reached her ears. "Hold on."

Minnie looked around, "To what?" There wasn't exactly anything to hold onto. Being slowly pushed back in her seat she slowly became aware of being airborne. Sure this time it was a lot smoother. Starscream was a bit of a manic flyer. She guessed it didn't help when arguing with Knock Out and trying to suck up to Megatron. "Where are we going?"

"Army base camp."

Minnie gave a nod, it seemed Fowler wasn't up for talking loads for once. Leaning back she looked around the claustrophobic cabin they were in. It was very close. Minnie wasn't claustrophobic, but this was enough to make her into one. Tapping the headphones, she had on over top of the smaller communication device, she frowned when there was a crackle. Pulling at the thin wire which led down from the smaller device she turned it over in her hands. "I think I'm picking up interference." Minnie spoke into the microphone so Fowler could hear her. His head inclined slowly as he looked over his shoulder at her. Before he could answer something spurred past them.

"What in the name of Sam Hill was that?"

Leaning forward in the seat, Minnie was able to look over Fowler's shoulder. She couldn't answer before they came under fire. Flailing about Minnie got shuttled around as Fowler tried to avoid the shots which were being fired at them. "I think...we may have found," Minnie said shakily while bouncing around and swerving in her seat. "A Decepticon."

"More like it found us." Fowler corrected.

"What is that?!" Minnie exclaimed and pointed, Fowler exclaimed at her to sit back down. "I don't know who that is, what is that? Who is that?"

"Does it look like I know? Now sit back, strap down and be quiet." He ordered, Minnie did so but kept her eyes on the black sleek jet which merely hovered nearby. No matter which direction Fowler went, it appeared, it didn't fire, it just hovered.

As the other attacker sped past, Minnie couldn't help but slap a hand to her forehead; Starscream. "Fowler, we need to find cover!" She exclaimed as they swerved and she went hitting against the seat. "If they are off to find Unicron, they're going to want to deter the Autobots."

"You're saying trigger happy here is purposely doing this to draw the big guy's attention?" Fowler looked briefly over his shoulder again just to see Minnie nod sadly.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Jack, Miko and Raf were under similar circumstances."

"They'll be fine, they have Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee."

"And what do we have, exactly?" Minnie questioned, reaching up she pulled the chunky headphones off. Pushing against the small communication device she listened to the quiet sounds of static. "What use is this? It doesn't work!" Minnie exclaimed over the sounds of the engine. Naturally without the other headphones on, Fowler couldn't hear her.

"It works loud and clear."

"Sorry for screaming," Minnie commented off-handedly then shook her head. "Ratchet, we have a problem."

"Let me guess, is it perhaps the same problem that's troubling everyone else right now?"

"Yes! Only...we're flying solo here, no pun intended. What do we do? The base isn't nearby, I don't think. We're out in the open, Starscream is being very trigger happy, and this other jet is just lurking."

"Other jet?" Ratchet answered there was the quiet sounds of fighting over the connection.

"Black, sleek, lurking, it's not doing anything."

"Ah," Ratchet sighed. "Soundwave." Minnie looked around and watched as the wing of their jet got hit and thick black smoke started to curl up into the air. Putting her hands over her ears she tried to block out the lulling warning alarms. Managing to put the other headphones on she looked worriedly forward.

"What do we do?"

"We," Fowler said just as a half transformed hand slammed into the front of their jet. Minnie screamed and Fowler jolted in his chair.

"If the windows break, will we die?"

"Why do you ask?" Fowler looked over his shoulder just to have an arm placed forward. Giving a flinch when her arm shifted forms she aimed towards the hand. "Oh no, no, no! Not a good idea!"

"Have a better suggestion?" Minnie shot at him annoyed. He didn't answer. "Keep your head down." She said seriously and watched as he shielded his face with his arms. A few moments later air whipped into the cabin and shards of glass flew about in the air. Minnie winced as a piece sliced across her cheek. She still shot at the hand, although her aim was a little off at the moment. It seemed the hits were enough to annoy Starscream to let them go. "Steer!" Minnie shouted over all the noise. Fowler didn't have to be told twice before trying to steer the jet into a steady path to land.

——

(Edited: 6/August/2020)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

39.4K 850 17
Fighting with the Autobots is the new norm. But a new threat has come Decepticons are coming back. Alexia discovers she pregnant during the alien bat...
3K 88 15
In the distant reaches of the universe, on a planet called Cybertron, an epic war has raged for eons. Cybertron, once a peaceful world inhabited by s...
2K 100 14
Three years had passed since there was any sign of Decepticons. Now that they are back team Prime must stop them. But they did not expect four humans...
803 24 13
During the battle of Chicago another being appeared. She fought alongside the Autobots and the humans during the war. Little did she know that by app...