Secrets; I Tried To Keep Us T...

By mmusfirah

With a secret like that at some point the secret itself becomes irrelevant. The fact that you keep does not... More

Pretty Girl
The Lonely Girl
The Case of The Lower Case Letter
Carveresque
Summer Day
Magazine Skin
American Sister
Mister Mustache
Not Fade Away
Jeremy and the Magic Lobster
A Ramble In Aphasia
A Night In New Arabia
Babes In The Jungle
A Day in the Life of a Muslim Woman - I
The Gnome
Dark Face of Beauty
Your faith is your key to happiness
Priceless Gems: Advice for Women from the Prophet
The Inherent Differences Between Man and Woman
The Key to Paradise
Fear No More
Visiting The Millionaire
Falls The Shadow
Time, Again
Eternity is 20 Seconds Long
Fall North
Learning The Western Alphabet
The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky
A Day in the Life of a Muslim Woman - II
An Uncomfortable Bed
Caged Johnson
The Allotment
The Necklace
Things We Do Not Want To Hear
Flags Waving
After The Wink
Colours
Death By Scrabble
The Man Who Married Himself
Blues in the Night
Three Letters
Old Ghosts
My Beloved Edith
Fireworks
Eating Vinegar
Heart!
The Time-Sweepers
The Wicker Husband
Paris, at Night
The Man With The Pale Eyes
The Big Deal
The New Religion
Swimming Away
The Story of An Hour
The Cactus
Regret
Desiree's Baby
An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge
The Library Of Mabel Mogaburu
The Return
The Horla
The Inn
Fear
Ghosts
Return to Paradise
Brazen
Madeleine Rain

Three Day Turnaround!

1 0 0
By mmusfirah

I was laid off this summer and because I had a healthy savings account, I wasn't in a rush to get a job. After being so busy for many years, I decided to travel and spend time with loved ones and friends. I thought I would use this as a time to relax and rejuvenate and figured I had a few months left before I had to really start looking for work.

Months passed and I saw my savings decreasing. I became nervous, filling out applications left and right, becoming so desperate to work again. This was so unlike me. I was depressed. I had spent the whole summer never thinking twice about my expenses knowing everything would be OK, and I always had more than enough money. Actually, unexpected monies or abundance seem to find me. But the moment I noticed things were getting low, everything dried up. I panicked and I was upset with myself because I knew better. Years ago, I bought The Secret book and I used it to turn my career around. Back then, I skyrocketed to the top and earned more money than I ever had, won more awards, and received recognition from family, friends, and corporate. I knew the power of The Secret.

Fast forward: Somehow I was out of balance and I knew I had to do something other than worry. This particular day I got an email that you (Rhonda) sent out and it reminded me to use The Secret. It's power was still real. This email was a Godsend. I immediately picked up the book again, I watched the movie over and over again, and I listened to my audiobook at bedtime and while driving. I knew I had the power to change things and I was changing.

For the first time in weeks I was happy! I caught myself driving, listening to The Secret audiobook and having a huge smile on my face! At this time, nothing in my life had changed except for my attitude. I felt happier. Though I still had no job and my bank account in the negative, I was at my happiest.

When I noticed how good I was suddenly feeling, I said thank you! In that moment, miraculously, the phone rang with an offer of a temporary work assignment. It wasn't the work I desired nor the payscale I was accustomed to, but I was so excited! I gratefully took it. Finally. After months of applying for work, I got a job just 3 short days after re-establishing The Secret principals in my life. The more grateful I became, the more I received. But the story gets better.

Since it was a new job, I knew it would be at least 2 weeks before I would receive my 1st paycheck. My bills were overdue and eviction was looming, but I did not worry about deadlines. I woke up daily, happy to work. I just knew the bills were going to be paid, and I said thank you.

To my utter surprise, after just three days working this job, a full paycheck had been deposited into my account from my new employer! I was amazed! To top it off, that same day, I received a bonus $300 deposit from my bank for opening a new account! I totally forgot about the promotion as it was months old! All of this happened just in time to pay my rent, my rental car, and my utilities. I am so grateful!

It works when you work it, The Secret! I continue to get better at it. Next, I will attract the career of my dreams and ownership of a new vehicle. Stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287 91 25
They say life is a gift. You're supposed to smile and be grateful. But there comes a time when you realize that living a lie is no way to live. And w...
135 10 6
In a world full of secrets, there are some too good to be true or secrets that will haunt you forever. Perfection, beauty, fame. That's what these f...
118K 3.3K 65
Sometimes people force you to do things that you never wanted to do. Sometimes while doing those things you meet people that you never knew you neede...
1.1K 454 103
»»»» A young girl who has been through a lot in the past moves with her sister to another place. Every thing works out well for her until her wate...