My blind customer

By DimitraSky

Nicky is a waitress. When she starts working in a cafe, she meets a mysterious fascinating blind man. She is... More

My blind customer
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28

chapter 5

199K 1.9K 75
By DimitraSky

Hello sweeties 

i am sorry for the late update...... i ll try to make it once a week.... at least...

Hope you like it

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

Nicky took quickly his order to June wondering if she should tell him something about the previous day. The idea of him considering her a stalker bothered her. If she explained things to him maybe he would understand why she did it, even if she did not understand it herself. By the time his order was ready to be delivered she had made her decision. She approached him placed his coffee and food to his table and said.

“Mike.....”

“What is it cupcake?” He told her smiling, wanting her to calm down. He felt her anxiety and nervousness radiating from her body in great waves.

“I need to tell you something.” As soon as she said that her boss called for her that he needed her. Nicky bit her lip not wanting to leave before she got a chance to explain herself to Mike.

“Go to him Nicky, see what he wants, we can talk when you get off work. I don't want you to get in any trouble over me.” He told her reassuringly and Nicky left and went to her boss.

“Nicky, how are you handling our crowd? Is everything OK?”

“Yes sir, everything is fine. This is more work than usual but I am sure I will be fine. All the other girls are very friendly and cooperative and that makes my job so much easier.”

“So do you think you can handle more hours of work here. More than your normal schedule?”

“Yes sir, I told you when you hired me I need to work some extra hours to make ends meet. I have done it for the past three years in my previous job. I am sure I can pull it of here too.”

“OK then can you start tomorrow with one more hour of work. I really need you to work two more hours per day, but lets take it slow. If you do fine with one hour this week we will proceed with two hours next week.”

“That sounds great! Thanks you sir!”

She went back to work happy that things turned out well and worried at the same time about Mike. He did not sound surprised that she wanted to talk to him, which supported her suspicion that he knew she had followed him the previous day. She had to explain herself and plead to him that he did not mention what happened to her boss. She did not want to loose her job over stalking a client. That would not sound good at all in a search of a new job. Nowadays everybody asked for references even for a job as a waitress.

She went back to work stealing glances at Mike from time to time. He was once again sitting alone on his table doing nothing except rarely making some notes in his special device. His facial expression was changing from time to time, and Nicky could not figure out what it was depending on. The hour to get off work came tortuously slow in contrast to the previous day. She watched the minutes pass unnaturally slow, especially for someone working as much as she did. Finally the much wanted time came and she went to Mike's table to inform him of her impeding departure.

“Mike I will be finishing work in ten minutes.”

“OK.” He took of his wallet and paid for his order. Once more he had included a large tip. That gave Nicky some courage that he was not mad at her. “I will be waiting for you in the next block outside of the flower shop, is that OK?”

“Yes I will be there as soon as possible.” She said and left him to go and gather the pay from the other tables she was responsible for. She tried to do it as quickly as possible. She did not want to keep him waiting. She had enough explaining to do and she did not wish to add standing him up to it. After she gathered her payments, she gave it to her boss and rushed to the staff room to get out of her uniform and pull on her own clothes. Less than five minutes later she was leaving the café.

Mike left the café and went to the meeting point he had suggested to Nicky. He went In to the flower shop and bought a lily. He took it and waited for Nicky to join him. When she came to him, he gave her the lily before she had a chance to speak to him.

“How did you know I am already here?” She asked him breathless.

“You have a very unique smell. It reminds me of lilies, that is why I bought one for you, it only seemed appropriate.” She looked at the lily he had handed her and she had taken mechanically.

“So in other words you knew I was following you yesterday?” she asked fidgeting at the same time.

“Walk with me” He said and placed her hand on the crook of his hand. “To answer your previous question, yes I knew you were following me. It would be hard not to, since you were so close to me. If I am not mistaken you even bumped on me once.” He smirked at her and she blushed furiously. Thankfully for her he could not see her reaction to her.

“I am really sorry. You have to believe me. I am not some kind of stalker. I have not ever followed anybody else.”

“That I can believe.” He said in an amused tone that did not relax her at all. She was too scared that he would rat her to her boss or even worse to the cops. What she had done was not exactly legal...

“Please let me explain. When I left yesterday from work I saw you crossing a street and initially I was scared for you. I mean I know you are probably used to going everywhere with your cane without any problems but I don't know, I kind of felt insecure for you. There are many stupid people out here on the streets that ride their cars without a care in the world and defy stop signs and traffic lights as if they are beneath them. I have nearly been run over once or twice myself by one of them. So I know it may sound stupid but I decided to follow you in case you needed my help. That is why I made sure to stay close to you. Apparently too close. I did not know where you lived and if you went home on foot or took a bus from some other bus stop, so I just followed you like a puppy. When you reached home I was glad that you were safe and since your wife took over, I left you two and went to my place. I am sorry if I scared you in any way. It is not going to happen again. I will go peacefully on my way, I won't harass you in any way, I promise I will not follow you again. Just don't call the cops on me or anything.” Mike laughed at that.

“Nicky relax I am not going to call the cops on you. You don't strike me as a stalker. It was nice of you to worry about me. Though you did not have to. I am perfectly fine in walking by myself. I have been blind since I was a child. My hearing has gotten so advanced while growing up that I can here a car speeding towards me sooner than you can see it, so I am not in any more danger than you are. Can I ask you something?”

“Yes of course you can.” Nicky said relieved that he did not seem mad at her.

“Why did you care for me? I mean I am certain you must have served over sixty customers yesterday during your shift. You did not think twice about them, didn't you? Why me? How come you noticed me crossing the street? Is it because I am blind? Do you pity me?” He asked for the first time with a hint of irritation. Nicky snored at that.

“Why would I pity you? You seem pretty content of your life. You are gorgeous, you have a beautiful house and a wife who obviously loves you. Most people would kill to have the half of that.” Mike relaxed with her answer. He liked the fact she found him handsome and he was sure she did not realise that she had just called him gorgeous. She apparently thought that Jane was his wife. He thought better he did not correct her on that. Not yet at least.

“So why did you care for me? What made me stand out?”

“Well you are an imposing person, you are hard to miss. You came in the café, placed your order and passed many hours just sitting there all alone and thinking. I mean you look like a very interesting person. There is a spark in your eyes even though you are blind that shows intelligence. So I did not get why you were there alone. After a while I just wondered what was it you were thinking about, because your face took so many expressions. Sometimes you looked troubled, others amused and others enraged. It was quiet intriguing. At some point during my break you made me wish I could get into your mind and explore what was going on there.” Nicky said and Mike was amazed by her honesty. Most people evade telling the truth. Let alone show as much sentiment as was now evident in Nicky's voice. “The girls mentioned you come everyday and sit to our café and that made my imagination run wild. So when I left work and saw you walk ahead of me, I just knew I had to follow you to make sure you make it OK to your family or to some of your friends. To be totally honest I was not following you only out of worry of your well being, it was also out of curiosity.”

“You know what they say don't you? Curiosity killed the cat.” He said teasingly.

“I really did not mean any harm and I am not going to do that again. I hope I did not disturb your family in some way. I know your wife noticed me walking so close to you when you reached your place. Can you forgive me?”

“I will if you do two things for me.”

“What?” She said suspiciously.

“Nothing that should make you worry. Your body's sudden stiffness betrays your emotions cupcake. Relax. We reached my place and I wanted you to come in and have lunch with me. It will give us enough time for you to tell me all the reasons you imagined that I come to your café everyday. I really want to know.”

_______________________________________________________________________________

What do you think will be her decision?

will a reserved girl like her enter a strangers house?

Continue Reading