Playing With The Alpha (Book...

By Aaaliyshia04

"Do you feel sparks between us?" I asked. He smiled before turning his body so that he was facing me. "I def... More

Note From The Author!
1. Normal Day
2. Sudden Attraction
3. Secret Looks
4. Electricity
5. The Simple Things
6. Weird
7. The Perfect Gentlemen
8. Manipulation
9. Sealed With A Kiss
10. Peter's Mate
11. Unexpected Surprise
12. A Kidnap
13. Meet The Spears
14. Unexplained and Deranged
15. Don't Be So Weird
16. Let It Out
17. Girlfriend Who? (Part 1)
17. Girlfriend Who? (Part 2)
19. Better Left Unsaid
20. The Wolf Is Out
21. That's The Surprise
22. I Miss You
23. What A Merry Christmas
24. Realization
25. Confused Minds
26. The Right Way
27. Fancy Seeing You
28. Team Beta
29. Not Essence Pt.1
30. Not Essence Pt.2
31. Back To Normal
32. Officially Alpha
SNEAK PEEK: Playing With The Pack
NEWS FOR PWTP!
Note From The Author

18. What's That?

51.3K 1.2K 55
By Aaaliyshia04

When I opened my eyes, I was inside of my room wrapped up in my plush comforter.

How I had got there, I had no clue.

Then it all started coming to me.

Jace. Wolf. Fainting.

He had just confessed to me that he was a wolf. I just had to open my big mouth and ask him to prove it.

Sitting up in my bed, there was something different.

It was pitch black but I knew he was here.

I could feel him.

"How long have you been here?"

"Ever since you passed out a few hours ago" his voice came from the darkness.

Running a hand through my hair, I let out a sigh. "Jace, come here".

After a few seconds, he joined me on my bed.

"I just need answers" I told him.

There were a million and one questions racking my brain and I wanted to understand it all.

"Spencer, I can answer anything you need to know".

I turned my body so that we were facing one another. Though I couldn't see, I knew we were looking into each others eyes.

"So you're a wolf?"

"Yes".

"What kind of wolf".

He let out a little chuckle before answering, "I'm the alpha".

"What does that mean?"

"It means I'm the leader and the head of an entire pack of wolves".

I gasped in shock. "The leader?"

"Yeah. My dad was and technically still is the Alpha. I'm next but I'm not official yet".

"Why not?"

"Because I need to have a Luna"

"Uh huh?"

Jace took my hands into his. "A Luna is my mate. Someone by my side that also helps me run the pack".

If he needed a Luna to help run the pack and a Luna was his mate, why was he waisting his time with me?

I don't understand why you're interested in me then".

"Spencer... You're my mate".

"WHAT?!" I shrieked jumping up.

How could that even be possible?

"That day in the hallway when we bumped into each other and I couldn't take my eyes off of you, it was because once I looked into your eyes, I found out you were my mate" he explained.

WHAT. THE. HELL?

Than another thought came to mind.

"So Peter and Taylor?"

"They're wolves too. My betas to be technical".

"... And Essence. Is she Peter's mate?"

There was a long pause before Peter answered. "Yes".

Switching my side lamp on, I grabbed my phone. Essence answered on the fourth ring and she wasn't too happy.

"HELLO! IT'S ONE IN THE MORNING YOU KNOW" she screamed.

"Get your ass here NOW! It's an emergency" I said before hanging up.

****************

In the basement, the three of us waited.

Peter had gotten to my house quicker than I had expected.

Him and Jace looked like two guilty kids as they sat side by side on the couch with me pacing back and forth in front of them.

It had only been ten minutes since calling Essence but it felt like hours.

"What the hell is up?" Essence said coming downstairs wearing 'Superman' pajama pants and a Victoria Secret hoodie.

She looked shocked to both Jace and Peter for a second time in the basement.

"What's going on?"

"Um, there's something that needs to be said" I began.

"Ok" she said looking from me to Peter to Jace. "What's up?"

"Should I tell her or should you?" I asked Peter.

"Can someone tell me please?".

"Um, Essence. I like you and I have for a while now but there is a reason why I've been trying to get your attention more" Peter said standing up from the couch.

"Okay. How come?"

"Well, I'm a wolf... And you're my mate".

The three of us watched as Essence's face went from alarmed, confused, and then finally, amused.

"Okay, is this some kind of joke or something?" She finally asked.

Peter shook his head. "No".

"I'm pretty confused myself. I wanted you here with me so they could break it down to the both of us together" I said.

"Wait wait wait wait wait. So you're telling me that the two of you are wolves?" Essence said.

"Me, him, and Taylor. Plus everyone we sat with at lunch before sitting with you and Spencer. They're apart of the pack" Peter said.

"The pack? There's a pack of you?" Essence asked pulling me down next to her.

Jace stood up next to Peter and put his hands in his jeans pocket.

A gesture that turned me on more that it should at that moment.

"Basically it's like this. My dad has been the Alpha of our pack for a very long time. He's a legend in the wolf world. The first born son is the next up Alpha which is me. My dad had two betas which makes their first born sons next up Betas".

"What's a Beta?" I asked.

"The Beta of a pack is the Alphas right hand man. The second strongest and has as much responsibility. This area is our land. There are so many wolf packs around the world and our job is to protect four things. Our pack, our land, the humans, and our mates".

Peter cleared his throat and began to speak. "On every male wolfs birthday, he finds his mate. It's rare when the mate is a human. In our case, we have human mates. On our birthdays is when we found out that the two of you were our mates. That day at the lunch table is when I found out Essence was mine".

My mouth fell open as I took all of this in. It also fell open because I remember when Peter acted a little weird that day.

Freaky.

"So wait a minute. You two are telling us that you're wolves, you run a pack, and we're your human mates?" Essence asked.

Jace nodded. "Yup, pretty much".

Me and Essence looked over at each other and fell out laughing. I had to put my hand on my rib as a cramp snuck up on me.

"What's funny?" Peter asked.

"Please... Please forgive us" Essence said through laughs. "But this is so weird".

"Yeah, you have to admit" I said wiping the tears from my face. "This is something I never thought I would hear".

"So you're not freaked out?" Jace asked.

"It's weird but I'm not freaked out. You can't help what you are. Even if it is a big hairy animal"

"Ouch" Peter said rubbing his chest. "That one hit home".

After the two of us calmed down, we began throwing questions at them.

"So you were watching me that one night?" Essence asked.

"It's been a few nights" Peter admitted.

So he was a stalker too?

"Jace, you told me that you needed a Luna to be official alpha. Why?"

He sighed. "A Luna is very vital to a pack. My mom is the current Luna and she does an amazing job. There are some scary things that go on in the wolf world and while we're out protecting the pack we need a Luna to hold down the fort back home. Without a strong Luna by my side, I can't be a strong Alpha".

"And without Alpha, there is no beta and that means there could be no pack" Peter said.

"So what does that mean I would have to do?" I asked.

If being Luna meant being Jace's girlfriend, I could do that with no problems.

"We'll" Jace began as his face heated up. "In order for you to be Luna, you would have to commit to me one hundred percent. You would also have to mate with me.

I turned bright red at the word. "So we would have to have sex?"

"Yes. We would need to mate in order for you to completely be mine. Mating with someone lets every wolf know that she is taken. It's important for an alpha to claim his mate because if she isn't claimed, it's easy for another alpha to mate her and ruin a pack just like that".

"Why would it be that easy?" Essence asked.

"A mate is a soulmate. A wolf's mate is who they live for. Every wolf has one and only one mate. They don't get another one. Making a claim is very important" Peter explained.

Me and Essence shared another look but this one was a serious one.

We just began to get to know this guys and here they were telling us... That we held the fate of their pack.

They needed us but we weren't to sure how ready we were.

"I know this is a shock and we aren't asking for you to mate with us right here right now" Jace said coming down to my level and cupping my face. "Just like the conversation we had earlier, it works the same. I don't wanna rush you into anything you don't want to do".

At that moment, Jace and Peter both got distant looks on their faces and Jace got up from his position.

"We have to go. Some pack business" Peter said reaching out for Essence's hand. "I'm going to call you tomorrow so the two of us can talk he said kissing her lightly on the lips.

Looking up at Jace, he tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead. "I'll do the same. I'm sure you still have questions. Get some sleep".

After a few hugs and kisses the two of them left in a hurry leaving me and Essence dumbfounded in the basement.

"What the hell just happened?" she asked.

"I don't know but what are we going to do?".

****A/N:: Hiiii everyone! Sooo I hope you like this chapter and I laughed at it a few times lol. Please comment and vote

Also! I new cover thanks to a very appreciated fan xXRougeXx she is super awesome!!! I have a few covers and I'm going to be switching and showing love to those who have made me one! Love you guys !

I also haven't gotten a chance to respond to some messages and a few comments on this story but thanks guys for liking and loving it! You are appreciated!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 62.3K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
1.8M 55K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...
273K 6.7K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
97.2K 4.1K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...