Love Until It Hurts (Montever...

Oleh patyeah

Zade does not believe that first love never dies. For him, no matter how fervent love is, if you don't nurtur... Lebih Banyak

Love Until It Hurts
PUBLISHED
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue

34

115K 2.4K 189
Oleh patyeah

Chapter Thirty Four

William

            "They know, they know, they know." Bernard was frantically pacing back and forth. "They fucking know! The other day, may mga pumuntang investigators sa Aldeguer Med! Hindi magtatagal ay maikokonekta na nila ang lahat! They will know it was you! Soon the Monteverdes will tear us to shreds!"

            Napapikit ako nang mariin.

            Celine, my beautiful Celine. I have loved you, have I failed in that aspect?

            All I did was love you.

            After all this time, why did you still choose Zade?

            "What do we do?" He asked and I gave him a blank look. Lingid sa kanyang kaalaman ay nakabuo na ako ng plano, sa loob ng ilang buwang pagkawala sa akin ni Celine ay unti-unti kong naayos ang plano.

            She loathes me now, that much I am sure of. Pero alam kong mamahalin niya ako uli. Alam kong babalik siya sa akin, I am the husband she deserves and not Zade.

            "I have fake documents, Bernard. We can escape the country, we have money. Puwede tayong tumakas at hindi tayo mahuhuli pa ng mga Monteverde. Hindi nila tayo masusundan. They have power, yes, connections, too. But what good will those connections do kung wala na tayo sa bansa?"

            "Nababaliw ka na ba? Paano ang ospital na pinaghirapan nating itayo!"

            I snarled. "Mamili ka, ang ospital o ang makulong?"

            He slumped on a nearby chair and palmed his face. "Fuck it, I knew I shouldn't have helped you. I knew I should've just ignored your plea when you came begging like a stupid dog! It was pure idiocy, you knew that! I never should've gotten myself involved in this mess."

            "We have money," I repeated. "Money will help us. Money is our friend!"

            "Paano ang mga kamag-anak natin? Iiwan na lang natin sila ng basta-basta dahil lang sa matinding gusot na ito? Dapat ikaw lang ang managot sa batas dahil grabe ang ginawa mo! Ikaw ang may pakana ng lahat!" he spat.

            I eyed him coldly. "You are an accessory to the crime, don't you dare forget that. Kapag ako nakulong, mabubulok ka rin sa loob kasama ko, tandaan mo 'yan."

            He weighed my words, letting them sink deep. His fists were balls that were crumpling his lab coat. Matiim at makamandag siyang tumingin sa akin na para bang ngayon niya lang nakita kung gaano ako kaseryoso sa pagtakas sa mga kasalanan ko.

            "We don't have to go to jail," I pressed. "We can get away with it."

            His eyes lit up with insanity and sheer desperation and I could see that hope was visible in them.

            "Then let's go! Mag-impake na tayo sa lalong madaling panahon! Kailangan na nating umalis kung gano'n para hindi na nila tayo mahuli."

            "Not yet. Aalis tayo. Tatakas tayo, oo." I swallowed once and gave him a look that was probably filled with madness. Madness for Celine. "Pero isasama natin si Celine."

            His eyes widened. "Lalo tayong mapapahamak!"

            "I will never leave my wife in the hands of Zade Monteverde." I gritted my teeth.

            "She is not your wife!"

            "Don't ever say that to me again!"

            "You are turning into a madman!" I felt the sudden surge of anger but I held it at bay.

            "So, be it."

            ***

Zade Andrei

            "You look tired." Narinig ko ang boses ni Sam sa likod ko. Dahan dahan akong pumihit paharap sa kanya at ngumiti. She was in a simple silk nightgown and it was billowing in the air.

I reached for her and gave her a tight hug. Pakiramdam ko ay hindi pa rin siya ligtas, pakiramdam ko ay habambuhay akong matatakot na baka may umagaw sa kanya uli. My hand gently touched her cheek, and traced her skin. It made its way down her throat and into the gold necklace that hung around her neck.

            She is wearing our supposed-to-be wedding ring now, it is my assurance, our assurance. Para kami sa isa't isa. Lalaban kami para manatiling ganoon.

            "You should be sleeping, mi Dulcinea," I whispered as I stared at her. A kind of calm settled over my chest as I laced my fingers on her soft black hair.

            "Ikaw din dapat tulog na. Naalimpungatan ako tapos pagkapa ko sa kama wala ka."

            "Nagpapahangin lang." She stared at the tattoos again, and traced the outline of the rose. Her mouth was gently parted as she did so.

            Sweet fuck, I thought. She's killing me.

            Hindi niya alam kung ano ang hatid sa akin nang ginagawa niya. I want to devour her right at this very minute, right on my balcony. I would rip that nightgown off of her and caress her soft skin, I closed my eyes and exhaled. One heavy breath after another.

            "I can't wait for tomorrow," she admitted. Her hand receded and I was able to take normal breaths again. I looked at her face and touched her scar. Her skin is cold against my touch.

            "We'll give you justice."

            "I hope it comes swiftly."

            Bukas ay may bibisitang pulis dito para sa criminal sketch. That William will be all over the news at hindi siya makakatakas. He will get captured and I will slaughter him like a pig. Isusunod ko ang doktor na si Bernardo Aldeguer II. Justice for Sam will be served. Their lives won't be spared. Hell will open to welcome their souls.

            "Does he still bother you in your dreams?" I asked Sam and she shook her head.

            "No, the only person bothering me in my dreams now is you." She smiled, a little sheepish. My sweet Dulcinea. I cupped her face and chuckled.

            "Really?"

            "Yes," she murmured, and I smiled.

            "What was I doing in your dreams?"

            "Nasty things." She blushed. Her cheeks instantly turned crimson, and I could see it through the faint yellow light from our bedroom. "You were doing..." Her breath became ragged, so I pushed myself toward her, our chest an inch apart.

            "Doing what?" I mumbled on her ear as I gave it a playful bite. She gasped. "What was I doing, Sam?" I pressed.

            She was almost breathless. I love my effect on her. I love how excited she seemed.

            "Things like?" I asked softly as I kissed her scar. I kissed her lip too but I let go quickly, with a gentle tug on the lower lip. I pulled myself away and started to twerk in the sexiest way I can and she erupted into laughter.

            "Zade! You look crazy."

            I rolled my eyes and laughed back. "No escape."

            I kissed her passionately while I started sliding the silk cloth off her.

            "I love you," I muttered. "I love you so bad."

            She reached for my face and kissed me fervently. "Always."

            ***

Bernard

            I looked at my cousin and all I could see in his eyes was his determination. He was serious about taking his Celine away -- for the second time around. My nerves tingled and my hands are going numb because of the anxiety.

            "He will know who you really are soon enough, he will find us. Aren't you scared?"

            "He might already know by now. But, so what? Ilalayo ko uli si Celine dahil akin siya. Akin lang siya, hindi siya puwedeng mapunta sa iba. We made love countless times already. She must've felt something for me."   

            "What? Disgust? You manipulated her into thinking that you're married!"

            "For a good reason!"

            "Good reason? Naririnig mo ba ang sarili mo?"

            "I saved her, Bernard. She was supposed to die and I saved her life, gave her a new start, took her in, cared for her."

            He isn't my cousin anymore, is he? He is somebody else entirely. Somebody who needs professional guidance and supervision.

            What if...

            Marahas akong napahinga at tumalikod. Pumasok ako sa loob ng kwarto at napaupo sa kama. Matagal akong nakatulala sa pader dahil hindi ko na alam kung ano ang gagawin ko.     One mistake, one terrible mistake and you'll lose everything you worked hard for. Everything you ever cared about, you will witness slowly slip off your fingers.

            I looked at the phone near the bedside table. I can still set things right, can't I? I don't have to lose the hospital, I just have to correct the wrong. It's not too late for a change of heart, right? Surely the Monteverdes will spare me if I tip them off. They will spare my image and I don't have to live in fear for all my life.

            Just one call. It can change everything. I will still be Dr. Bernard Aldeguer II. I don't have to lose my title, the hospital, the image I worked so hard to build.

            Napapikit ako. With a heavy heart I made my way toward the phone and dialed.

            "Good morning, This is Julie from ZM Corporation, how may I help you?"

            Dumadagundong ang dibdib ko sa kaba nang magsalita ako. I looked over my shoulder and back at the phone before I spoke. "Can I ask for Mr. Zade Monteverde's personal number?"

            "I'm sorry, Sir but Mr. Monteverde's personal number is confidential. You can leave a message and he'll get back to you as soon as he can."

            "No, no. No..." I squeezed my nose bridge. "This is important. Call him, please call him. Tell him it's Bernard from Aldeguer Med. Please. I'm sure he would want to hear from me."

            "One second, Sir." I heard the busy tone and I patiently waited. After more than two minutes, the secretary told me that Zade would be the one to call me, so I gave my phone number. I thanked her before I dropped the call.

            A minute later, Zade Monteverde was on the other line.

            "This better be good, Mr. Aldeguer, or I will see you in court sooner than you expect."

            "Mr. Monteverde. I have information, information that you need." I grasped the phone tighter near my ear as I tried to prevent my hand from shaking. "Hear me out."

            "What is it, I swear to God, if what you're going to tell me isn't relevant then you wouldn't like what a person like me could do." His threat sank. Fear bubbled inside me as I stammered to answer.

            "I know who kidnapped your fianceé. I can tell you where he is now, but only if you promise me that you will --"

            "I do not owe you a promise. I don't owe anyone anything! Now, tell me where this bastard is and maybe I'll show you some mercy."

            "He is—" The phone was snatched from my hand and I felt someone give me a punch. I collapsed onto the floor and when I looked up, I immediately knew that I was in big trouble.

            "Traydor ka!" my cousin shouted. Paulit ulit niya akong sinapak at kahit anong iwas ko ay napupuruhan pa rin ako. I coughed blood, but he didn't stop assaulting me.

            "You..." I wheezed. "Need help."

            He punched again and all I saw next was pitch black.

            ***

Zade Andrei

            "Traydor!" Someone yelled from the other line and I heard a furniture crash next.

            "Bernard! Bernard!" I gripped the phone a little closer.

            "You need help..." came Bernard's voice.

            "I will fucking end you, Bernard!" And then the line instantly went dead. I was catching my breath. Was that real? Or was that his plan to appear innocent?

            Shit.

            "God!" Napasabunot ako sa buhok ko. All I want to do now is to get to the bottom of this. I want to find out who William de Asis is and why Bernard Aldeguer II teamed up with him. How are they related to each other? Where are they and why is it that all of a sudden, Bernard decides to go against him?

            I was drowning in a pool of my own thoughts when a policeman approached me to say that the suspect sketch is ready. I nodded gravely and started walking back inside my penthouse where Sam and three other members of the police were there.

            We were in the middle of doing it earlier when I suddenly received an urgent call from my secretary saying that Bernard wanted to talk to me and that it could not wait. I went out and told them to resume without me while I talked to the guy.

            As I was walking closer to the study, I couldn't help but feel nervous. Sa wakas ay magkakaroon na ng mukha ang hayop na nagpanggap na asawa ni Sam. I felt adrenaline in my veins. He will die in my hands. I won't make it an easy death for him.

            Bumukas ang pinto at pumasok ako.

            Sam was looking at the sketch in front of her with a tight expression. I ambled closer to take a good look and what I saw drained all the color from my face.

            "Jesus Christ," I mumbled. "It can't be."

            Nagtatakang tinignan nila akong lahat. Naramdaman kong lalong lumala ang galit sa puso ko habang hinahawakan ng mahigpit ang criminal sketch. Now, I understand everything in perfect clarity. I understand his relationship with Bernard. I understand how he got to Sam.

            "Zade? Why? Kilala mo ba siya?" Sam asked me. "Do you know William by face?"

            I gritted my teeth.

            I feel the need to buy a fancy gun just to kill the man drawn on the paper.

            You have sealed your fate in hell, Mico Aldeguer.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

10.5M 44K 8
Who knew that all it takes is just one badarse speed racer to capture the heart of a young bratty billionairess? Highest Rank Achieved: #2 in Romanc...
2.4M 112K 64
The best nights of my life happened in August. My heart will always stay in the Nights of August.
2.6M 30.8K 51
C O M P L E T E D This is the book version. I drafted several chapters, as in SEVERAL. But it did not affect the plot, it actually made the story bet...
980K 33.7K 76
[REVISED VERSION: MAY 2024] Coffees and pancakes. Teas and waffles. Two people crossed that created ditto but with dissonance.