Unmistakable Love

By Flashyarrows

Felicity, lost in her mothers suicide, takes on a dangerous path, flirting with death everyday. When her boss... More

Chapter 1- Unusually Connected
Chapter 2-Flirt
Chapter 3-Gone
Chapter 4-Tunnel Vision
Chapter 5-Shivers
Chapter 6-Shape of my heart
Chapter 7-Invite me in
Chapter 8- His warmth
Chapter 9-Unsettling Memories
Chapter 10-Old scars with new friends
Chapter 11-Closed doors
Chapter 13-A snowball down a mountain
Chapter 14-A Longing for Something Irreplacable
Chapter 15-Feels like home
Chapter 16-Where does the good go
Chapter 17-Fresh air
Chapter 18-Fathers Disgrace//Daughters Love
Chapter 19-Little Emma
Chapter 20-Eddie 08/18/2004
Chapter 21-Virginity
Chapter 22- My undoing
Chapter 23- The Sweet Escape
Chapter 24- Dreamless/I wont give up
Chapter 25- Rain Dance
Chapter 26- Sexy Vibes//Drowning
Chapter 27- Remission
Chapter 29-Piece by Piece

Chapter 12- Romanticism

903 41 1
By Flashyarrows

We decide to head back to Laurels house. Its not an obvious choice, most people would probably think Id stay with Oliver or family because he's my boss and hes rich. whatever.

Her apartment is nice, nothing too fancy but its definitely not a dump.

"Unfortunately I don't have an extra bed but I can either set up the air mattress for you and you can sleep beside my bed or i can sleep on the couch and you can sleep in my bed or on the mattress or whatever. Its up to you. " Laurel says, waiting for my answer.

"Uh, mattress beside your bed?" I say, knowing Id feel the safest there.

"Alright," She says and is just about to get the mattress when theres a knock on the door.

I give her a weird look and she reassures me in return.

She looks through the peephole and opens the door as far as the lock will allow her. "Yes?" Laurel says, almost in a whisper tone.

I cant tell who is at the door, but I can see a green shoe.

I hear her say a bunch of "yes" and "no" answers as if shes trying to quicken the conversation.

I never get to see who was on the other side of the door, and within another few minutes Laurel closes the door.

"Who was that?" I say, not allowing her to brush me off.

"What?" She says, and pauses realizing her mistake. "Oh, yeah that was just the landlord. My bills a little late. I get paid tomorrow so its okay. Don't worry." Laurel finishes and walks past me to get the mattress. She pulls it out of the closet and sighs heavily.

"I have to go to Cosco to pick up a cap for the mattress. Are you okay here for a little while?"

"Uh, Sure." I say, sending her a reassuring smile.

"Alright?" She says, picking up her purse and heading out rather quickly.

Im left in silence.

I sit on the couch and turn the T.V on— the news channel. The same woman I seen at Olivers house when we watched the news the night I got out is on the screen.

I read the headlines, and one of them pops out at me; Thea Queen, safe and sound. FELICITY SMOAK recovering.

They finally put my actual name instead of "Queen Consolidated Co-Worker". A smile grows on my face and theres a knock at the door.

I dont know what to do at first, so I pause the TV to make it seem like nobody is home.

After roughly 30 seconds, I decide that if its important they'll still be waiting.

I cautiously walk up to the door, memories and thoughts of Donny flying in my mind.

I wait at the door for a while, too, before piling up the courage to look through the peep hole.

Its Oliver.

I open the door without planning what to say.

He smiles, and I smile back.

I open the door wider, stepping backwards and allowing him to step inside.

"How are you?" Oliver says, possibly knowing that he's not going to get the truthful answer.

"A little sore," I say, not willing to tell him my emotional state of mind. :)

He looks confused for a few seconds.

I stay where I am, not allowing him to be able to read me.

He steps closer.

Anxiety flutters in my chest, and I cant tell if I feel trapped or safe.

He steps closer again, this time reaching his arms out toward me. I stay where I am, too nervous to think rationally or even move.

He wraps his arms around me, setting his chin on top of my head and securely placing his hand on the side of my face, fulling me further into his grip.

A wave of emotion unlike anything Ive ever felt comes over me and somehow I find myself crying.

I try to hide it as much as I can but somehow he notices. He squeezes me tighter, making me feel clammy at first, and I fight it a little, pushing off of him slightly.

He doesnt let go, instead he whispers, "shhhhhshhhhhhshhhhh".

It works, I feel comforted when I realize that he's here for me. I feel comforted when I realize he's not letting me go.

I silently thank him. I know that he knows. He has to.

I move my arms up his shoulders slightly, and my right hand touches a bump. I run my finger along it, not realizing what it could be. I tense when I feel the entire thing. Its a scar. A gigantic scar on his shoulder.

I pretend that I didnt notice anything, but Im sure he noticed me clench up. I hug him tighter and we pull apart from eachother.

But instead on taking a step back, we stay where we are, staring at each others eyes from only inches apart.

I feel the urge to laugh, but I somehow find a way to hold it in. Not even a smile comes across my face. Im dead serious about my feelings for him.

Ive never been this serious about anyone before.

I cant read him. He looks the exact way that I probably do right now. But his eyes are warm and welcoming, the shadows on his face are almost overwhelmingly present, allowing his facial features to pop. 

He makes the first move, he slowly takes his eyes off of mine, lowering them onto my nose, and down to my lips. 

I hesitate. I follow his gaze, which just leads me to his lips. For some reason I feel a rush of embarrassment when I look back into his eyes only to find that he seen me look at his lips, and I pull away about an inch, close my eyes, and try to allow myself to think for a second. 

When I open them again, hes still looking at me, waiting for me patiently. He's waiting for me. I'm not really sure how to react, because I've never felt this way for someone before. Ive never had the feeling of being truly loved by someone other than my parents.

I know it may seem like immature love, because its new and I work for him, but I feel that its real. 

Before I can do anything else, he nearly catches me off guard when I notice him leaning in for a kiss on the last minute. I lean in as gracefully and I know how, and our lips touch.

His lips feel like mini pillows. His warmth is enough to solve all of my problems for the moment and I completely forget everything horrible that has happened to me, almost like a brain-fart. 

I hear myself inhale through my nose, and shortly after Oliver does the same. 

He moves his hand to frame my face, sending chills down my neck and up my hairline. I feel my face grow hot, and Im sure that he does too, but he continues anyway. I move my hand to the middle of his chest and the side of his arm.  

We pull apart. That was romantic. No lines of slobber, no grossness, just pure love and greatness. Im speechless, so I wait for Oliver to talk. 

We gaze heavily at each other for a few seconds, which seems like forever, until Oliver finally finds something to say, "You should come to stay at the mansion."

I like the sound of that, I think, but don't dare say.

"Yeah, I guess." I say, knowing that it is way safer because of the guards and stuff. "But Laurels is less obvious. I don't know, like wouldn't it be a little obvious to stay at your rich bosses house because his sister was with me when he took us or whatever?"

"Maybe," Oliver says, "But it's safer. Laurel has no security measure whatsoever. The mansion has locks, guards, video tapes..." 

"Alright, if it lets you sleep at night," I say, finally giving in and partially hoping that he worries about me. 

His eyes are piercing blue, and just looking at them calms me from my problems. I think I'd also feel safer with him. At the mansion I mean. 

I silently thank him, and I can tell that he knows. He knows how I feel, I know how he feels. 

Im sorry that this took so long but Im gonna be writing a lot tonight probably, because Im really starting to get into the romance part, and now I feel like I will be able to write quicker. :) Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 400 8
Felicity Smoak had a family secret no one knew about not even Oliver Queen or John Diggle she was the daughter of the wealthy playboy philanthropist...
21.1K 549 41
Oliver Queen, also known as "Arrow" in the MMA fighting scene was rising in his career when a horrible car accident took the life of his fiance and a...
4.3K 106 30
Oliver Queen is on a plane that is being hijacked when a beautiful tough blonde FBI agent by the name of Felicity Smoak takes down the hijacker. Fasc...
2.6K 122 19
Five years after a shipwreck left him stranded on a remote island, Oliver Queen is discovered and returned home to those closest to him; Oliver tries...