How To: Write Mystery/Thriller

By howto_

Cliffhangers? Plot twists? Complex characters? Back stories? Bad guys? Chilling scenes? Mystery and Thriller... More

good day to you
plot
protagonist
boring?
plot holes
unexpected plot twists
language
how to avoid a boring chapter
killing off characters
graphic
ending
sequels
suspense
don't be overly dramatic
detective stories
how to make people appear suspicious
foreshadowing
mixing scifi and mystery/ thriller

inside the psycho's mind

2.6K 191 9
By howto_

Crazy people seem to be quite popular in mystery/thriller,you know- the insane ones. Crazy men wielding axes and stuff like that. Kidnappers with a murderer's smile. Some books that include these type of people try and tackle the POV of the psycho. Some succeed... Some fail.

You see when writing inside the brain of someone who is obviously mentally disturbed, you have to normalise their actions. See it from their point of view. They just killed someone, they can't be all shocked and stuff. Doing that is normal to them. Every horrible thing they do is like doing a household chore- normal.

To get a better understanding, do some research on the mindset of a killer/ kidnapper. I'm sure there's some stuff out there to help you write a convincing account. These type of POVs can make a good M/T book amazing if done right. It will leave the reader with chills, leave them amazed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 4.4K 16
'Books are uniquely portable magic.' -Stephen King. So you want to write a book, huh? Looks like you've come to right place.
224K 17K 102
100 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Commit Suicide. #FreeMentalIllness
2.2K 102 5
In which Bae Rona disappear into thin air after learning the truth behind her mother death
35.3K 2.1K 75
You were right. We were never going to make it. Us being together was doomed from the start. I should never. Ever. Ever. Ever in my life again, acce...