A Long Way From Home[Thorin O...

By PhaedraOakenshield

Honoria Took is Bilbo Baggins little cousin. She is the first half Hobbit, half Elf to ever step foot in the... More

~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty One~
~Chapter Twenty Two~
~Chapter Twenty Three~
~Chapter Twenty Four~
~Chapter Twenty Five~
~Chapter Twenty Six~
~Chapter Twenty Seven~
~Chapter Twenty Eight~
~Chapter Twenty Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty One~
~Chapter Thirty Two~
~Chapter Thirty Three~
~Chapter Thirty Four~
~Chapter Thirty Five~
~Chapter Thirty Six~
~Chapter Thirty Seven~
~Chapter Thirty Eight~
~Chapter Thirty Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
~Chapter Forty One~
~Chapter Forty Two~
~Chapter Forty Three~
~Chapter Forty Four~
~Chapter Forty Five~
~Chapter Forty Six~
~Chapter Forty Seven~
~Chapter Forty Eight~
~Chapter Forty Nine~
~Chapter Fifty~
~Chapter Fifty One~
~Chapter Fifty Two~
~Chapter Fifty Three~
~Chapter Fifty Four~
~Chapter Fifty Five~
~Chapter Fifty Six~
~Chapter Fifty Seven~
~Chapter Fifty Eight~
~Chapter Fifty Nine~
~Final Chapter~
~Sequel Up Again!~

~Chapter Eighteen~

8.2K 248 22
By PhaedraOakenshield

Darkness filled the throne room for only a brief second, dust floating about as the sight from torches that were spread throughout Goblin-town were relighted. The dwarves let out sighs and grumbles, looking at the approaching figure emerging closer to them. "Take up arms. Fight." The wizard said. "Fight!" With that said the dwarves began shoving the debris and stunned goblins off of them and made hast for their weapons that were still in a pile. Goblins began charging the wizard that had rudely interrupted them. He used his sword he had found in the troll caves and plunged it through any goblin the came at him.

"He wields the Foe-hammer! The Beater! Bright as daylight!" The goblin king cried out.

"Honor, come on get up!" Thorin begged her, as he pulled the elf to her feet. The dwarf dashed over to his sword, the she elf following behind slowly, still filling dazed she stumbled over a dead goblin and crashed to the floor. The giant goblin looked down at her and saw this as his only chance to finish her off.

"You think you can escape me, elfling!" The beast growled as he charged at her.

"Thorin!" A dwarf shouted seeing the giant goblin charging at the woman. Thorin ran in front of Honoria and sliced the goblin in the arm he was holding his staff, with his sword (Orcrist), causing him to stumble backwards over the edge taking a few goblins with him. Honoria crawled over to her sword, just as Thorin got her back on her feet.

"Follow me!" Gandalf shouted, running towards the nearest tunnel. "Run!" The others followed close behind him. Thorin ran with the woman, until he took lead and Dwalin followed behind the elf, to make sure she wouldn't fall behind.

The dwarves and the elf continued to follow the wizard through the tunnels. "Make way!" The wizard shouted. The Goblins catching up to them quickly and their numbers growing as they fled deeper into Goblin-town. The elf kept her sword in front of her, stabbing any goblin that came near her or the others.

"Faster!" Dwalin urged the elf, when he saw she was slowing down, but he didn't let her leave his sights as he fought off goblins of his own and once they were clear they carried on down, through the tunnel. The company decided to split off into two groups. Dwalin leading half the charge, while the wizard continued to led the rest on the path above. Thorin followed behind the rest of the group with the half-breed. They were growing tired quickly, none had stopped since they first escaped the goblins in the throne room. Honoria continued to tell herself she couldn't stop.

Thorin ran out in front of the elf when a group of goblins came at them at once. Thorin taking care of them quickly with his skills of wielding a sword, turning around just in time to see Honor slicing off the head of a goblin and letting out a battle cry. "Honor, come on lets go!" Thorin shouted at her, when jabbed her sword into another. Seeing more were quickly approaching them, she was ready to fight them off, when the dwarf grabbed her by the arm, pulling her in the direction he was running,

Suddenly another group of goblins decided to attack the dwarves from another angle on ropes." Cut the ropes!" Thorin yelled, seeing this. Honor, Thorin and a few others cut the ropes that held part of the path together and it broke away from the main path, and fell over just in time with the goblins.They soon caught up to the other group that were crossing their makeshift bridge to get them across to join the others. Thorin jumped off to the platform below when their path ended and he waited for the elf to jump off. She stumbled a little when she hit the bottom but managed to stay on her feet. Dwalin waited for the last person to cross the broken ladder they had used to get across and he knocked it over with his axe, preventing the goblins from following them on that path any further.

The company continued to fight off the approaching goblins that came at them. They came to a halt when part of the path was missing. Kili sliced a rope just as the goblins were about to swarm then, when the path began to swing toward the other part and half of the group managed to jump off, including the elf but it wasn't enough time for all of them as it swung back towards the goblins and they swarmed the dwarves and wizard who fought them off until it swung back and they quick jumped off, Fili slicing the rope that held the path together and it fell to the darkness below with the screaming goblins.

The were running once again, still slicing and stabbing any creature that got in their way. They rounded a corner. Thorin and Dwalin were running behind the she-elf only to see more goblins coming from another tunnel. The company came to an abrupt halt when the goblin king came through the bridge they were on, preventing them from going any further as his many minions surrounded them.

" You thought you could escape me." The goblin roared as he slammed his mace down at the wizard, making him stumble back into the dwarves. "What are you going to do now, wizard?"

With no warning the wizard poked the goblin in the face with his staff, causing him to let out a cry of pain as he grabbed his face and then the wizard sliced his belly, bringing the giant goblin to his knees, still yelling in anguish. "That'll do it." and with one finally swing Gandalf sliced through the kings throat and his body fell flat on the wooden pathway, causing the part the company was on to detach and they went sliding down the crevasse screaming and yelling the entire way down, taking out anything in its path. Finally the platform they were on was losing speed as they neared the end of the terrifying ride and the platform they were on broke apart knocking them all off and burying them in the debris.

All of them groaned as they knocked the pieces of wood and other stuff off of them. "Well, that coulda been worse." Bofur stated, poking is head out of the debris, when sudden it did get worse and the the body of the giant goblin king landed right on top of them.

"You've got to be joking!" Dwalin grumbled in protest. As Kili removed the bit of the debris off of him, he happened to look up from where they just came from and saw dozens of goblins come down in their direction.

"Gandalf!"

The others looked up to see them all coming as well and struggled to get themselves free from the debris. "There's too many. We can't fight them." Dwalin pressed, not liking their odds.

"Only one thing will save us: Daylight!" the wizard stated. "Come on!" he yelled when the others nodded in agreement. The dwarves helped the others to get free. Thorin was looking around making sure everyone was accounted for when he couldn't find the elf.

"Honor!" Thorin shouted.

"I'm over here!" She yelled, struggling to get the debris off of her. Thorin and Dwalin made hast over to her, and yanked her by her arms and she was free and the two dwarf's pulled her with them and they followed the others through the tunnel and saw the daylight on the other side.

"Quick, Quick!" Gandalf ordered as he led the company out of the tunnels towards the light coming outside. The continued to run down the mountainside until they were sure the goblins would not follow. They weaved their way through the trees and finally they all need a moment to catch their breathes and they came to a stop half way down the mountain. The wizard began counting off the dwarves to make sure everyone was accounted for. "Fili, Kili! That's twelve....Honoria! That's thirteen, and Bombur that makes fourteen." But as soon as the wizard had seen their was only fourteen of them he instantly knew their was one missing. "Where's Bilbo?" He asked. Honor's head perked up immediately when she heard her cousin's name being called. "Where is our hobbit?" The wizard demanded.

"Bilbo?" Honor mumbled, looking around frantically for him. "Bilbo!" She yelled this time.

"Curse that halfling! Now he's lost?" Gloin growled in annoyance.

"I thought he was with Dori!" Another shouted, making everyone look at the dwarf in question for answers.

"Don't blame me!" Dori shrieked.

"Where did you last see him?" The wizard asked him calmly.

"I think I saw him slip away when they first collared us." Nori spoke up, remembering he had briefly seen the little fellow before they were all dragged to the throne room.

"Then what happened, exactly?" The wizard question next. "Tell me!"

"I'll tell you what happened." Thorin roared. He had been unpleased with the hobbit since he came on this quest. He was useless and complained how he missed his home. Honor turned around to look at Thorin. "Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it. He has thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door." He snapped. Honoria could believe this, her cousin wouldn't just leave without her?...would he? she wondered. "We will not be seeing our hobbit again. He is long gone."

With that said, Honoria looked back the way they had just came and she gripped her sword and walked passed the others when Thorin grabbed her by the arm and stopped her. "Let me go Thorin." She growled.

"Honor don't be a fool, you cannot take on all those goblins yourself." He snapped at her.

" I'm not leaving without my cousin. How do you know if he didn't get trapped somewhere...or worse."

"Didn't you hear Nori he never, got captured with the rest of us, he left you and the rest of us and he is never coming back! If you want to live you will stay with us!" He said harshly.

"Thorin that is enough!" Gandalf interrupted, seeing the elf was trying hard not to let the tears come out at the possibility that Bilbo could be dead.

"No, she needs to hear this! If she goes back in there, she'll never come back out. She will die!"

"Well, I'm not going to let my cousin rot in their alone, so excuse but I have to go find my cousin, because unlike you I don't leave people I care for behind, Bilbo is my family." She spat at him, as she tried to push pass him, but again he wouldn't let her go pass him.

"Honoria, your cousin is gone...Don't go in there" He spoke calmly this time, his eyes begging her to not do the one thing that would probably turn her up dead.

"Do not call me, Honoria!" She yelled at him and struck him across the face. making him stumble back. Her fist clenched at her side. The dwarf had got her so angry that she finally lost it. " My cousin is not dead!....He cant be..." She mumbled, looking at the ground.

"He isn't."

Honoria turned around to see her cousin. "Bilbo..." she whispered under breath with a smile forming on her face and tears were coming down her face and she ran over to him and hugged him. The hobbit returned the gesture just as tightly, asking her what happened to her, when he saw the dry blood all over her face. She told him it was a story for another time.

"Bilbo Baggins." The wizard chuckled. I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life." The hobbit stepped forward giving the eldest dwarf a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"Bilbo, we'd given you up." Kili admitted.

"How on earth did you get past the goblins?" Fili asked, as everyone sighed in agreement that they were to wondering the same thing.

"How, indeed." Dwalin muttered as Thorin continued to eyed the hobbit suspiciously as to how he managed to pull this off. The hobbit awkwardly chuckled as he slipped his new found prize that had saved his life carefully into his pocket.

"Well, what does it matter? He's back." The wizard quickly said.

"It matters." Thorin pressed. "I want to know. Why did you come back?"

"Look, I know you doubt me. I know you always have. And you're right. I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair, and my garden." The hobbit admitted. "See that's where I belong, that's home. That's why I came back, cause you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can." Bilbo promised and the dwarf prince was left speechless and felt like an idiot for treating not only Honor harshly but the hobbit as well.

The company had been so caught up in the moment that they hadn't realized how dark it was quickly getting, which meant the goblins would be after of them as soon as daylight was gone. Suddenly they heard growls further up the mountain. " Out of the frying pan."

"And into the fire. Run. Run!" The wizard yelled as they dwarves, Honoria, Bilbo and the wizard were running once again to get to safety as the pack of wargs howled behind them.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

850 33 12
A THORIN OAKENSHIELD x OC FANFIC Blair Baggins, sister to Bilbo Baggins, has lived in The Shire her whole life, considering what's beyond the border...
7.2K 292 33
What if Bilbio Baggins had never joined Thorin Oakenshield's company? What if his cousine Andrea had joined them instead? After spending too long loc...
259K 8.1K 31
'In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take..." Ivy has walked Middle Earth for almost as long as the beginning of the land itself, surviv...
65.3K 1.7K 13
I do not own The Hobbit or any of the characters from The Hobbit. I only own (Y/n). As Bilbo Baggins's sister living in the Shire, life can get borin...