I Promised Myself (Ross Lynch...

By Crazy4R5_

This story is about the roller coaster of a ride Edie and Ross have to go through to stay together. They say... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Please read!!
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four

Chapter Seventy-Five

636 28 6
By Crazy4R5_

Edie

"Come on Edie, one more push! You can do it!" 

I swear I've heard this sentence at least ten times in the last twenty minutes and still they ask for more. I'm exhausted, I've never experienced pain like this before. How do women do this again and again? 

"I can't do it anymore" I cry, throwing my head back against the pillows. "It hurts" 

"I know baby, it will all be over soon" Ross tries to reassure me but nothing can help me right now. Nobody's kind words or soft touches. Nothing can stop how I feel right now. If it isn't the pain consuming my whole body it's the worry and panic of the moment I'm going to become a Mother. In a way, the more time waiting for this baby to arrive into world is more time I have as being just Edie. Not Edie the Mom, or Edie with the baby or Edie who ruined the Lynch's career because she couldn't keep her legs shut...

By this point now I couldn't care how harsh I am being about myself. All I know is I am scared as hell to do this, and I know I'm not alone in this. In ways I'm extremely lucky with the support I have around me but becoming a Mom at the age I am was not apart of my life plan. I wanted to be married with a career under my belt. But so far all I've done is been abandoned by my parents, left a school that would have set my future for certain and moved back and forth from two different cities. And now I'm lying here waiting to meet my baby. 

I never imagined this for myself. 

"One more push Edie!" The doctor says holding one finger up to me. "I promise you this is the last one, but you have to give me all you have!" 

"One more" Both Ross and Stormie say to me and I nod. I can't change the past now, I can only live in the present and right now I have to get this baby out of me. With all of my strength I brace myself for the next few moments. 

Because everything is about to change. 

The pain overwhelms me but I don't let it get in the way of my goal. I want this to be over so I have to keep going. Everything becomes a blur and what feels like hours is only a few seconds but then suddenly the pain stops and relief fills my body. 

My eyes feel heavy and I know I could sleep for a week after this but I open them quickly and look down to see my doctor holding up this tiny baby in front of me. 

"Ross what is it?" I ask quickly, tapping his arm and for a second he is stood frozen next to me. He looks at me and then back to the baby, all this time we never knew what we were having so this is one big surprise for us. 

Ross steps forward, ever so slowly as if he's going to break the fragile human being in front of him, without even touching it. He stares at our baby for a few moments and then turns to be with a smile on his face. Stormier grabs my hand and we both stare at him waiting for the news. 

"It's a boy" He grins and Stormie begins to cry. 

A boy. 

My boy. 

I begin to cry with happiness as I watch this tiny baby looking over at me. I have a son, me and Ross have a little boy. Once he has been cleaned and his cord has been cut, they don't hesitate to place him straight on my chest and cover us both up with a blanket. 

"I love you so much" Ross sniffs, kissing my cheek softly and I turn to him and kiss his lips. "I have something for you" 

"Right now?" I gesture to the nurses rushing around us, making sure everything is being done for the baby, and my doctor is still sitting in front of me, because my birth still isn't over yet. 

"Yes" He laughs. He looks down at the baby on my chest and begins to tear up again. "Hey little man, I was supposed to give this to your Mommy a while ago, but I thought today would be the perfect moment" Ross wipes the tears away from his eyes and reaches into his pocket and pulling out the most prefect diamond ring. "I'm already the luckiest man alive Edie, and now I finally get to put this ring on your finger and finally say you're going to be my wife one day, so what do you say? Will you still marry me?" 

I smile widely at Ross, even though I feel the tears spill down my cheeks. 

"Of course I will!" 

I hold out my hand and Ross slides the ring onto my finger. 

A perfect fit. 

...

"What are we going to name him?" I ask Ross as I pass our baby over to him. It's now late evening and everyone has made their way back to the bus to get some sleep, leaving me and Ross on our own for the first time since he was born. 

"I still don't know" I sigh, leaning my head against his shoulder, looking down at our little boy asleep in Ross' arms. "In all honesty I thought it was going to be a girl" 

"So did I" He admits. "All I had was girls names picked out in my head" 

"I don't know why we didn't lean more towards knowing it was going to be a boy. Your Mom did have four of them" I giggle. Ross nods in agreement and kisses the tip of my nose, before we both stare at the baby in front of us. I just couldn't seem to know what he looked like. Usually a name is supposed to spring up at you, as soon as you see your child you should know that they're going to be called but I haven't got a clue. 

All of his labels say 'Baby Lynch' and so far I'm quite happy keeping his name as that but I'm pretty sure he'll resent me for calling him that when he's eighteen. 

"I have one name in mind" Ross takes me away from my thoughts and I look up at him. He passes our son back over to me and I place him down gently on the bed in front of us, so we both have a clear view of him. 

"How about Dylan?" He says to me and for a moment I think my heart stops. 

Dylan. 

My brother. 

It only feels like yesterday I was coming home from dance class and my older brother would throw me over his shoulders and tickle me until I begged him to stop. My older brother who would sit and listen to all of my problems, even though he probably wasn't even interested. My brother who died because he was out looking for me one night. 

"Really?" I ask Ross, and he kisses me softly. 

"He was a great guy" 

"He was" I sigh, wishing that he could be here today to meet his nephew. Even though I know he would be disappointed at first, he would never be able to stay away from family. That's one way he was different from my parents. Family meant everything to him, that's why he was amazing at being my brother. 

This way it means that my brothers name and memory will still live on through my son, and I won't let my son grow up without knowing what an amazing person his uncle was.

"I think he looks like a Dylan" 

"So do I" I smile and pick my baby up. "Welcome to the world Dylan" 

...

"My turn" Rydel claps and holds her hands out towards her Mom. Stormie passes over the baby to Rydel and she coos down at her nephew. For the past hour Dylan has been passed around from relative to relative. The hospital weren't so happy that there were so many visitors at the same time, but we had to explain it was quite a large family. 

"So do you have a name yet?" Riker asks, sitting down next to his brothers on the couch across from my hospital bed. I look at Ross, who has made himself quite comfortable lying next to me, he nods and I smile, turning back to my family. 

"Dylan" I say proudly and Ross wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I hear a gasp and I look over a Rydel holding my son. 

"Dylan?" She echo my words. "As in, after your brother?" I nod and tears fill her eyes. Out of everyone here, excluding Ross, Rydel knows how much Dylan meant to me. You've got to remember that before me and Ross broke up the first time, me and Del spent every waking moment together, she was my best friend and she still is. 

"That's so lovely" She sniffs. "Hello Mr Dylan" 

I smile and lean into Ross, looking at my family surrounding me and I couldn't ask for anything more. 

A'N: This was such an emotional chapter to write! But baby Dylan is here! 

What did you guys think?

Let me know! 

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.5K 38
Nova is secretly in love with R5 but all her friends think she hates them. So when an opportunity arises where she can hang out with R5 for a week sh...
26.6K 423 46
Hi I'm doing some R5 and Ryland Preferences. I hope you enjoy it!
2.3K 89 20
Tessie's life was tangled in knots. She didn't know where to go. Abandoned by a boyfriend she never truly knew, she finds herself working at a retail...
445K 6.4K 86
Nova has lasted the previous 5 years without Riker. Him and the rest of R5 are about to come home! Nova thinks everything will be perfect, but really...