Ex- husband and babies

By saiamrutha77

She could easily recognize that touch. Sharon knew it was him. She could feel him against her body. His hands... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Loving you again

Chapter 17

123K 3.7K 197
By saiamrutha77

Sharon couldn't stop laughing seeing Chris trying to change April's first nappy.

"Hey I learned how to do this" he said trying again "Stay still  baby, stay still Daddy got this" he said in a sing a song voice.

Sharon burst out into fits of giggles as she secretly recorded this.

"Stop laughing at us Mommy." He said once he managed to cleanly change her diaper.

"Let me feed her and put her to sleep." Sharon said extending her Arms. She was still in the hospital and they are going to discharge her tomorrow.

Chris have April to Sharon but stood right beside her bed. "I love you" he said placing a sloppy kids in her forehead.

Sharon raised her head  to meet his eyes "I love you too" she smiled at him.

***

It was a distant memory. Still filled Chris with warmth. He carried April from the couch to guest bedroom.

"Daddy.." April  asked opening her eyes a little.

"Yes Beanie..." he said brushing few stray hairs of her face.

"You came?" She asked.

Chris chuckled before answering " I came Beanie... I kept my promise."

"Hmm" she said snuggling closer to him.

"Sleep Baby." He said kissing her forehead and changed into some grey shorts and a white t-shirt. His stomach rumbled indicating how he was hungry. He should have asked Sharon to feed him with something. He made his way to kitchen in search of something to eat.

He tripped thrice in search of kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" A voice asked and Chris startled.

He turned around to see Sharon sitting on a inclined Chair. The small light from the table lamp illuminated her facial features. Her hair was tied in a plait. And she was wearing a loose t-shirt and some comfy pyjamas.

"Done checking me out?" She asked glaring at him.

He turned his head in a side glance and rubbed back of his neck.

Sharon knew that gesture he does that everytime he get caught about the things he didn't want be caught.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Do you have something to eat?" He asked.

"You didn't eat anything?"

He shrugged his shoulders in response.

"When did  you last eat?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

"Breakfast?? !"

Sharon placed  her laptop aside and made her way into kitchen.

"Sit down, I'll make something." She said gesturing him to occupy one of the chair near the kitchen table.

Chris sat there looking at her as she was moving around collecting ingredients . "Do you want any help?" He asked.

"No."

They both were silent neither of them said another word.Sharon could feel his eyes on her body, her every moment.

"Stop staring." She said her back still facing him.

"You could still sense that" he asked amused.

Sharon felt flustered. "Here" she said placing a plate full of Macaroni before him.

"Thankyou"

Sharon gave him a look before pulling a chair infront of him. 

"I want to ask you something"

"Go on.." He said placing his fork back.

"How do you plan on telling kids?"

"I don't know, you have anything planned?" He asked.

Sharon shook her head in No. "Do you think April will forgive me? Give me a chance?" she asked after few minutes of silence.

"She will." He said placing his hand on hers. "What do you think about Chase?"

"Chase... I believe you have to try to get in his good book first." She said giving him a small smile.

"I would give it my everything." He said his voice serious.

"Good for you" she said getting up "Wash the plate and keep it on the counter."

"Sharon" he called her.

"Hmm ?" She turned around.

"About us.." He started.

"What about us..?!" She snapped at him.

"About the night four years ago.... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry." He said, she even saw his eyes getting glassy.

She didn't say anything just turned away. She closed her laptop and was about to leave.

Chris sighed heavily.... He knew she would forgive him one day, just not today.

"Why did you....Why did you cheat on me?" Sharon asked her voice heavy with emotion.

Honestly... Chris didn't have an answer and he said the same "I... I... don't know. We both know we were going through a rough patch and that day we had a very big argument if you remember..."

"I remember..." She said in a small voice.

"That was not even about us..."

"It was about us.... it was about You not allowing me to take April to your Dad" she snapped.

"I know" he said with a defeated sigh "We were having series of rows back then and that day it was worse, I was frustrated, hurt I didn't understand why you were taking that man's side."

"We could have talked..." small sob breaking her voice.

"I know but I was angry at him... at mom... even at you little...I wanted  that out of my system. I somehow ended up in the farmhouse. I forgot Lily was staying there. In no time we both were drunk and it happened. I felt like the world's largest douche next morning."

"I saw you.."

"Huh?"

"I came to farmhouse... I saw you with her. " she said her voice breaking miserably.

"I'm sorry"

Sharon couldn't stop tears that rolled. Why? Why was she even crying for him?

"Honestly I don't remember.... nothing from that night " He said gulping.

Sharon was sobbing silently. Chris felt his world crushing seeing her like that.

"Why is she not here now?"

Chris looked confused "I broke off our engagement."

"Why would you do that?"

"April didn't need her..... She has you."

"So, you were marrying her just for sake of April " she asked confused.

"Yes"

"Why?"

"I never loved  her" he said as if it's a matter of fact.

"Sharon I...."

"Please.." Her voice was mere whisper, she wiped her eyes "Thankyou for telling. I am done with that shit.  With you.... all I want is to rectify one hell of selfish decision i took back then and that is fighting for my April. All I want to be is her mother and  all I want from you is keeping Chase happy." She said sniffing her nose "and thankyou for letting me cry... I feel like our past being washed away. I acknowledge you only as my Children's father and nothing more."

She rushed to her room closed the door and breathed against the door. I'm done.  I'm done. She repeatedly as if ordering her heart to believe that's true.

****

Chris woke up with April accidently tripping on his hand and falling straight on his face.

"Ow" she cried. "Daddy.."

"Beanie... careful"  he said sleepily.

"Daddy....Daddy... you came.... you came....." She said excitedly and jumping in the bed.

"I think we had this conversation yesterday night beanie" he said smiling at her.

"I would go tell Momo that you kept your promise." She said running on her heels.

"Wait Beanie..." he said. "But she was already out of the door."

Chris eyes felt heavy he didn't sleep well, he fell asleep May be hour ago. All he could think of was... Sharon breaking down..And telling him she is done with him....

He washed his face and followed out to talk to Sharon. He was just about cross a room... probably his son's room because it has all his stuff bunch of toy cars on the floor.

He had a son and he didn't even know what his son likes. It tugged his heart but he told himself that it was because of his own shit. 

He saw Chase on the bed who was rolling around a lot, he was just about to roll off the bed,  Chris sprinted towards the bed just in time to catch Chase. The little boy made a small sound and got comfortable in his arms. Chris couldnt beat the nostalgic moment.... it was the very same feeling he felt when he took April into his arms for the very first time.

His little boy.

He looked exactly like Sharon that nose, his hair, his facial cut and he looked perfect. His little boy. Chris was trying to wrap his head around the fact.

"What are you doing?" Sharon's voice startled him.

"Just admiring" he said looking back at Chase.

Sharon gulped feeling guilty all of the sudden. She gave herself strict talk stating Only her Children and her maternal bonding with them is in the package. And there is nothing and she doesn't want anything more.

"He is so adorable." He said.

"You have seen him before" she snapped but soon regretted her words.

"Yeah. But never this close." He said his eyes never leaving the boy.

"I know." She said her voice softened.

"Come I think it's time we talk to April." She said as if she was preparing herself for the worst.

"What about Chase?" He asked.

"One baby at a time." She said "put him back on the bed and put extra pillows by the side"

Chris nodded.

****

Sharon was nervous. She woke up too early cleaned the whole kitchen and already completed the Laundry.  She was afraid if or not April would accept her.

She was sitting on the back porch sipping coffee. She needed Caffeine, it's calming her nerves. April was holding a water pipe in her hand and mimicking momo watering her backyard.

Yes, Sharon was selfish leaving her baby behind. She wanted to take her  away from Chris but accident happened and she miscarried. That scared the shit out of her. She didn't know what to do? She was just hanging around the words of another life being inside her. She couldn't bring herself to abort the baby.

Chris  was Anxious too. He have no idea how is April going to react to it. He assured Sharon the other night everything would be fine but he was kind off worried.

"Daddy Seee" she said blocking half openside of the pipe so that water  comes off more forcefully.

Chris gave her a tight smile. He settled beside Sharon obviously giving her 'her own space'.

"You want some coffee?" She asked as soon as she noticed him.

"No. Maybe later" he said taking deep breath. April needs this. She needs to know.

"Beanie" he called.

"You still call her Beanie?" Sharon asked a little amused.

"Um. . Yeah" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"That's like a little bean" he whispered into her ears.

Sharon couldn't agree more. She was amused, scared, superbly excited for the baby.

She looked at the 8 weeks sonogram picture the doctor gave her.  "Our little beanie" she said.

It feels like it's been ages but it also feels like it just happened yesterday.

"Yes Daddy." She said coming over towards him.

He could legit feel Sharon's nervousness.

"Take a deep breath" he said in a low voice so that only Sharon could listen.

"I am just going inside. All the best" Momo said making her way in.

"You want to do it here?" He asked Sharon who just nodded. Her eyes solely fixed on one person, her daughter.

"Beanie... Remember you asked about your mom once?" He asked testing the waters.

April's little face frowned immediately they never talk about her mother. But she nodded her head in a small yes.

Sharon breath was caught up in her throat. Chris looked at Sharon and turned towards April.

"Do you want to know about your mother?" He asked.

April stood still not shaking her head in a Yes or No. Her brain went to this particular conversation with her Granny 'your Mom left you and your Dad' Does she wants to know such woman?

"I don't know" her little voice said confused.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Don't hate me!! But I'm going to stop there. 

Next Chapter coming Saturday.( I would really try to update before that.

Did I mention we were #45 in Romance love you all for that.

Chapter dedicated to @brundavan Thankyou for all the votes and constant support.

All the new readers thankyou so much for reading and voting for the story. And silent readers.... comeon show me some love.

LIKE.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Goodnight.

Love.

XOXOXO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 8.5K 56
"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her back. She broke the hug and caressed my...
129K 2.7K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
1.7M 39.9K 39
"Xander how did you know where I am, no wait scratch that why are you here instead of with your soon to be wife?" Ignoring her question I threw the p...
577K 16K 31
He did not love her. It was a loveless marriage to him. In his eyes, she is just a burden who cooks food for him. And in return, he will earn money a...