My Quiet Mate

By Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... More

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 25: Surprise!!

30.9K 1.3K 380
By Star-Fly18

Hey look everyone, I'm not dead!! Here is your late chapter (- _-ii)

Quinn POV

I couldn't breath.

What had Stephanie said? I'm pregnant? No way, I'm a guy.

"Quinn?" she asked as she looked me over and took a step towards me cautiously.

I was starting to hyperventilate as I took a step away from her and scrambled to open the bathroom door. It's too small in this room, I can't breathe.

"Quinn!" Stephanie shouted, but she only managed to make me more frantic.  Whimpering in fear as I fumbled with the doorknob, and once I couldn't get it open I panicked more and just slammed my shoulder into the door, roughly breaking it down.

I fell onto the floor and jumped to my feet as I started running. I don't know where I was running; I just needed to get away. My eyes blurred in tears as I ran down the halls and bumped into walls in a desperate attempt to get away. I just needed to get away from everything.

Before I realized what was going on I was in a bright room and on the floor again as I ran into another figure. Not caring who I ran into I jumped to my feet again and ran from the yelling voices, I couldn't be around anyone right now, not even Devon. Pounding feet could be heard from behind me as I scrambled to get away. Spotting the back door I dashed for that, but was cut off by Isaac. Since I was running I couldn't stop in time and ran into his chest, as I hit him I bounced off and he reached out and grabbed my arms to keep me from falling and slamming to the ground.

My instincts were on full throttle and I screamed in fear. I still wasn't over my fear of men and I knew me running on fear wasn't a good thing if I was trying to get over it. Isaac released me in surprise and I stumbled away from him to try to run again only to see I was surrounded. No one tried to approach me as I shook and wrapped my arms around my stomach unconsciously.

"Quinn," Devon called softly, my eyes snapped over to him but I continued to shake. "Calm down, I'm here and nothing is going to hurt you."

"I-I need s-some time a-alone," I stuttered as I forced my voice to remain in English and didn't allow anyone to touch me. Finn and Stan were at the front of my mind and I could feel my left eye switching from glowing blue to green, as my right eye remained a regular green as it usually is.

Devon looked surprised as he took a small step towards me, "Quinn," he tried again, "Let me help you," he begged.

Starting to panic again I looked for an escape route. I need to get out of this circle, but I also don't want to hurt anyone. My eyes snapped around frantically, but I saw no exit.

"Stan?" I whimpered in my mind.

"Yes?" he spoke softly, like he himself was trying not to scare me.

"Let me use some of your strength, and Finn, I'm gonna' need some of your speed in a second too," I told them as I thought up a quick plan.

"Only if you promise to calm down," Finn snarled.

I nodded my head yes, once I did Stan pushed farther forward in my mind but let me keep control. Strength filled my body as I angled myself towards Mason and tackled him to the ground, making sure not to hurt him; I just needed him out of my way. Once that was finished Stan retreated and Finn pushed forward as I started running. My legs moved quickly as I ran faster then I ever had before, but since the pack were all werewolves they were on me in a second.

Lunging for a random room I burst through the door and slammed it shut as I pressed my back against it. There was immediately pounding on the door as they tried to open it, but Stan lent me his strength again and I was able to keep the door shut. Noticing the small lock I quickly turned it for another layer of protection. Tears were still running down my face and I was shaking horribly, but at least I wasn't having a panic attack. Once the pounding had stopped I slid down the door so I was sitting as I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Sobbing loudly I struggled to keep my breathing regular.

"Quinn?" Devon called softly from the other side of the door. I tensed and didn't answer, "Quinn, honey, can you let me in?" he asked softly.

"No," I sobbed as I curled into myself tighter.

"Please?" He tried again.

"Please leave me alone," I begged as I continued sobbing.

"Quinn, please move away from the door. I'm going to break it down, I need to help you and I can't help you from here," he called firmly.

I started sobbing louder and didn't move, "If you do then I will break through the window and run into the forest," I threatened to him as I eyed the window that showed the forest. I was in in a small bedroom of some kind with a small bed, dresser and desk, but no bathroom.

When nothing happened I assumed that he backed off. "Ok Quinn," I sighed. I could just picture him running his hand over his face in stress, but I just need to be alone right now.

Small and gruff sounds were coming under the door and I could hear light scratched, Ox and Coda. Taking a deep breath in I spoke again, "I'm going to open the door slightly to let Ox and Coda in, if any of you try to do anything then I will lose it. Please, just listen to me right now," I begged them as I stood slowly.

It was silent for a moment before Devon spoke, "Ok Quinn, we wont do anything."

Taking another deep breath I took off the lock and opened the door just enough for the cubs to come in while I hid behind the door so I couldn't see the pack and they cant see me. The cubs scurried in and I slammed the door closed and locked it as soon as I could. Sliding to the ground again the cubs were immediately on my lap and looking me over in worry. I was sobbing again as I gently held them to my chest, they nuzzled into my neck and shoulders, trying to comfort me as I cried my eyes out. Once all of my tears had ran out I still sobbed but without the tears.

Ox gently pulled out of my arms as he ran over to the bed and tugged off a small blanked and dragged it over to me. I accepted the blanket and draped it over my shoulders as Ox climbed back into my lap with Coda. A gently knock sounded on the door that made me jump and cling onto Ox and Coda as I started shivering again.

"Quinn? Can you at least tell me why you are crying? Maybe I can help?" Devon begged. His voice sounded so tired and worried, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him.

Why was I crying though? I think it is more shock then anything, but still. Did I want a baby? Was I ready for a baby? Did Devon want a baby? At the last thought my breathing picked up and I held the cubs closer, as they sensed my distress they nuzzled into me again as they gave me their full attention. I don't know what I would do without these cubs.

"You should be happy pup," Finn scolded to me when I didn't answer Devon, "You are going to have a pup, and with your mate no less!"

"Why would our mate be upset that you are having his Cub? Don't you think that he would be over joyed?" Stan reasoned.

"It isn't a very common thing, having pups, because of how few wolves are left. You should feel honored!" Finn said, trying to cheer me up.

"B-But, we've never even talked about having kids! I don't know if he will be mad, or happy, or if he will kick me out, or beat me-" I started sobbing again at the thought and clutched at my head in un-rational fear.

Stan scoffed at me, "You think would do that to us, to you?? Even if he could, which he would never do, we are four times stronger then he. I can guarantee that Devon will be ecstatic with the news," he urged.

"How do you know though?" I whimpered as I shrunk into myself more.

"Only one way to find out!" Finn urged me more.

Whimpering in fear I got up from my sitting position and rushed over to the bed. I positioned myself sitting on the ground so the bed was between the door and me as it protected my back. The cubs rushed to follow me and looked me over with worry. I buried my head into my hands and shook, I don't know why I feel so scared but I couldn't bring myself to open the door. Popping sounds filled the room and my head snapped up to see two small naked boys launching themselves at me.

They wrapped their arms around me and I only froze for a second before pulling them closer to me as I fought not to cry again. "Why you scared of Dee?" Ox asked softly as he buried his head further into my neck. His voice was soft and high, the voice of a young child looking for answers. I don't know how I could tell them apart, but I can, in either of their forms.

My arms tightened around them both as I assumed Dee is Devon, "I'm not scared of him," I assured them gently.

They both pulled their faces from my neck and looked me in the face with sad eyes, "Then why lock Dee out?" Coda asked shyly with a small pout.

Smiling softly at them I gently ran my fingers through their soft hair, "I just need to be away from everyone right now," I explained softly.

"What about us?" Ox asked with tears in his eyes.

"Not you two cubs, I need to be away from the adults right now," I confessed.

"Why?" Coda asked innocently.

I sighed, "Because I'm nervous, not afraid, of what he may think of me," I told them as I avoided my eyes.  When they didn't answer I looked back up to the two, as I watched their expressions turn into confusion. They looked to each other then back to me.

"B-but," Coda started, "Dee is always saying he loves you and saying how he would do anything for you."

"Yah!" Ox jumped it, "He talks about you when you aren't in the room and he says 'Quinn is the best!' and 'Quinn is everything I love!' Stuff like that. Why do you think he is mad? You cant be mad, happy, worried and in love at the same time, right?" he asked as he tilted his head to the side.

I looked them both over in astonishment. Devon had said that? My eyes started to water again, but I quickly whipped the tears away.

"Do you love Dee?" Ox asked as he looked me over again.

I nodded yes, "I do love him Ox, very much," I told him. His face lit up in happiness as he smiled at me.

"Good!" he nodded in finalization.

Looking over to the door that hid Devon I took in a deep breath. I need Devon, but I don't know if I can bring myself to open the door. "Coda? Can you do me a favor?" I asked him gently as I placed him on his feet. He nodded in excitement, "Can you open the door when I tell you to?" He jumped up and down and nodded more, but I made sure I had his attention before I continued. "Devon will want to come in, but I need you to make sure he is calm before he comes in. Can you do that for me?" I was asking a lot of him, but I think he can do it.

"Can I have Ox help me? Devon is bigger then me and I may need the back up," he told me with a determined look.

Chuckling slightly, I nodded and set Ox next to his brother. They looked to each other before running to the door and waiting for my signal. I took a deep breath in as I wrapped the blanket tighter around my shoulders in perpetration for the onslaught of Devon. I just hope that Ox and Coda being there will keep him calmer.

Making eye contact with Ox who was holding the doorknob I gave him a thumbs up. He nodded to me as he clicked the lock open and slowly sung the door open a crack. As I watched the proceedings in worry, suddenly, Devon's hand shot out and took a hold of the door as he tried to push it open more so he could get in. Luckily, he seemed to know that it was Ox holding the door and Devon didn't burst the door open.

Coda put his hand on his hip and held his hand out in a 'stop' motion. Devon stopped pushing the door and looked to Coda, "Q says you need to be calm!" Coda declared as he looked Devon down. I could tell Coda was putting on his scariest face, but he still looked cute to me. I couldn't see Devon but I knew he had a frustrated look.

"I am calm cub," he growled.

Ox peaked around the door to look at Devon, " Then why are your eyes black Dee?" Ox asked innocently, but I could just hear the sarcasm in his voice. I can just tell that Ox is just going to be a piece of work when he is older.

A deep breath could be heard from behind the door, "Ok ok," Devon sighed, "I'm calm now, see?"

Ox and Coda looked him over before Coda nodded in acceptance. Coda left the room but Ox just looked up to Devon, "Quinn told us that he loves you Dee," he said firmly, "Don't make him sad or you will have the wrath of my brother and I" he threatened as he jabbed a finger at Devon.

A chuckle could be heard from behind the door and Devon's hand came into view as he ruffled Ox's hair, "Wouldn't dream if it," I told Ox softly.

Once Ox was leaving the room I threw the blanket over my head and wrapped it around me firmly so I couldn't see Devon. If I looked at him I will no doubt start crying again, yet I yearned for his touch. His footsteps slowly made their way until they stopped right in front of me. Clutching the blanket closer to me I shook as I waited for him to speak.

A hand was gently placed on the blanket and started tugging softly. I whimpered in fear and the tugging stopped, "Quinn," Devon spoke softly, "Please let me see you," he begged.

I didn't answer and continued to shake. He sighed tiredly and before I could think I was in his arms being carried. He had me pressed against his chest and I started pushing away from him. The blanket still covered all of me so I didn't have to look at him. He didn't let me push away from him and once I realized that I wasn't getting away I gave up trying to push him away and I just leaned into his hold, searching for comfort that I couldn't get with the blanket barrier between us.

Once I stopped moving Devon pressed a soft kiss on my head through the blanket then started walking. He exited the room and into a bright, what I'm assuming, hallway. The blanket made it so I had no idea where we were going but it also prevented me from freaking out. I may be scared, but while Devon is holding me as gently as he is, I have full trust in him.

We walked in silence until we came into what I assumed to be the living room. All talking died down and I tensed up, I could just feel their eyes one me. I became more and more thankful for the blanket.

"Is he ok?" someone asked softly.

"I think so," Devon replied softly as he gently started rubbing my back, "I'm going to take him up to our room to talk, I don't know if we will be back down tonight. Just try to be quiet, please."

"Of course, take your time Devon," another voice called out and Devon started moving again.

He started climbing the stairs and sneaking my arms from under the blanket I wrapped my arms securely around his neck. Devon placed a soft kiss on my exposed arm that sent sparks up my spine, and I clung to him tighter. Soon, the sound of a door opening could be heard, than it was closed. A few more steps and Devon was now sitting on what I can only assume is the bed. Gently, he tried to pry my arms off of his neck, but I kept a firm hold. He sighed in defeat and instead just wrapped his arms around me and started slowly rocking.

As he rocked me I could feel the blanket being removed slowly, and I allowed it. Once it fell from my head my eyes connected with Devon and he smiled softly, "There you are," he whispered.

Those words brought me back to the first day I had met him in human form. I had just woken up from being attacked by Liam and I was scared shitless of him. Now I was sitting in his lap, trying to seek comfort from him. Haw far we've come.

Embarrassed, I looked away from him, and once I did he placed a soft kiss on my jaw, then one on my cheek. "Can you tell me what had you so upset?" he asked softly as he held my face in his hands. I tried to pull away from him and started whimpering, but he kept me close as he shushed me. "Shhhhh, Quinn. Nothing is going to happen to you, I promise. I'm just worried about you. I asked Stephanie, but she told me that you have to be the one to tell me."

I was relieved that Stephanie hadn't told him. It may have been easier, but this was for me to tell. "You have to promise me that you won't be mad," I whispered as I refused to meet his eyes. "Promise that you wont be mad, and you won't leave me, and you wont hurt me," I whispered as I started crying again.

Devon laid me down on the bed and hovered over me. I placed my hands over my face, but he pulled them away, forcing me to meet his eyes. He looked scared and confused and I hated that I was the cause of it, "Quinn, you are scaring me. What could be so bad that you have to ask me not to hurt you? I would never. I would hurt myself before I even though of hurting you."

I searched his eyes for any type of lies, but only found desperation and worry. Desperation and worry for me. A fresh wave of tears pooled up and streamed down my face as I pulled Devon close and wrapped my arms around him again. His hand immediately engulfed me as he nuzzled into my hair in reassurance.

"I promise I would never hurt you," Devon repeated. "I even think that after this we need to get you some waffles," he prompted as he held me tighter.

I chuckled, "I like waffles," I mumbled with a small smile at his randomness.

"So what is the big problem?" he asked as he pulled away to look me in the eye.

I took a deep breath and made sure that I had his full attention. If I didn't then I sure would in a second, "Devon," I started and he looked at me expectantly, then I dropped the bomb. "I'm pregnant." He froze and his eyes glazed over. He remained hovering over me and didn't move. "Devon?" I called softly.

He didn't move.

"Devon!" I called louder as I shook his shoulder.

He still didn't move.

I started to hyperventilate and scrambled to get out from underneath him. He was mad, he was going to attack me, he was going to kill me. Seeing the bathroom door open I swung my legs over the side of the bed to make a dash for it so I could be alone again. Before I could even take one step my arm was grabbed and I flopped back down onto the bed. Fighting to get back up my arms were pinned above my head and Devon hovered over me again.

"Really?" he asked as his eyes were still glazed over.

A sob escaped my mouth as I nodded yes. This was going to be the end of me. I clenched my eyes shut and waited for the blow, but was surprised when nothing happened. Something wet hit my face and my eyes snapped open to see Devon crying.

He was crying but he had the largest smile I have ever seen on his face. I watched him in shock, "Quinn!" he exclaimed, "Your-, I can't believe it! So soon, I don't know what to say! I thought it was going to be something bad, but preg-, just, wow," he ranted. He couldn't seem to get the words out fast enough.

"Y-your not mad?" I stuttered as I watched him in amazement. I don't know what I was expecting, but definitely not this!

"Mad?" he exclaimed with his smile still on his face, "Quinn, I'm going to be a father! We are going to be fathers! Of course I'm not mad! I'm the happiest I have been since the first time I set eyes on you!"

My weariness flew out the window as I smiled back at Devon. He was still crying in happiness when he leaned down and kissed my passionately. Once he broke off that kiss he started peppering my face with kisses. I giggled as he kissed my whole face and worked his way down. He kissed my chest and abdomen but stopped once he got to my stomach. He pulled back slightly to look over my flat stomach before he pressed a lingering kiss to where the pup should be. Once he finished his kiss he gently rubbed his face on my stomach with a large smile.

I smiled down at him as I watched him, and he looked up to catch my eye. He smiled impossibly wider and leaned forward to press a long kiss to my lips. I kissed him back with all I had. Once we broke away he wrapped me in his arms and placed me in his lap as he leaned against the headboard of the bed. We sat in silence and just enjoyed the moment.

"Still up for waffles?" he whispered into my ear.

I giggled before I nodded yes. I was in the mood for something sweet, but not too sweet, so waffles sounded just right. He jumped up and placed me on my feet and held my hand as we made our way to the kitchen. The large smile never left Devon's face, but you could still see tell tale signs that he had been crying. As we made our way down the stairs a soft whispering could be heard from the living room and I hesitated. If we went down then I would have to tell the pack.

Oh well, I decided. They would have to find out sooner or later, I figured. Devon and I got to the bottom of the stairs and the talking silenced. Glancing up I saw everyone looking at me, so I looked away shyly and hid behind Devon, but Devon seemed unaware of my state. He seemed too happy to notice anything right now. It looked like his smile was glowing and I'm surprised that I didn't see flowers coming off of him.

Everyone was looking from me to Devon as I shifter from foot to foot. Liam was the first to speak, "Erm," he started lamely, "I'm guessing that everything is ok now?" he asked hesitantly.

Devon started nodding yes frantically and was practically jumping up and down, "Yes! Everything is alright!" He shouted, "Quinn actually is-" he stopped what he was saying and looked to me, "Can I?" he asked.

I nodded yes and he looked back to the pack, "He's," he started crying again, "He's, he's, he's," he stuttered as he couldn't get the words out because of his happy crying.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Pregnant," I finished for him. He nodded in excitement and wrapped his arms around me gently.

Everyone froze like Devon had done, but Cooper was the first to seemingly snap out of it. He stood quickly and looked to me with disbelief, "Q-Q-Q-Quinn, your pregnant? Your preg," his eyes rolled back as he passed out from shock.

No one moved as I looked over the astonished group. "That went better then expected actually," I muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 20.1K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
886K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
166K 5.2K 12
⚠️NEW VERSION OUT CALLED "MY MATES I CHERISHED THE MOST"⚠️ There's a 17 year old boy name, Allan. Allan is a boy that gets abused by his foster fathe...
294K 12.3K 25
(This is a boyxboy story. If you do not like that kind of thing, then you know what to do...LEAVE. I will not tolerate any discrimination or any insu...