The Alpha's Promise (1st Book...

By BraveAngelGirl

Marielle Heartifillia was banished from her pack by none other than her one, true mate. Love was a rarity in... More

The Alpha's Promise
Prologue - Edited
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 ~part 1~
Chapter 12 ~part 2~
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 ~ Edited
Chapter 22 ~ Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 Part 1 - Edited
Chapter 36 part 2 - Edited
EPILOGUE

Chapter 28

130K 3.7K 685
By BraveAngelGirl

ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

===== ====== =====

Max's P.O.V

===== ====== =====

“So you're telling me, that you love someone else!?” My mate screamed. Hearing her say that, I winced. It was true though. I actually loved Mari. I fucking love her. If only I could say those words to her right now... Just to see her reaction. Did she love me back?

My gaze swept over the woman in front of me. Her pin straight brown hair fell mid back and her mud brown eyes sparkled every time she looked at me. The way her long tanned legs looked in the tight skirt she wore would make any man drop on his knees.

“Yes,” That was all I could say to her, because what else was there? I had another woman, and I didn't need another one. Although the one in front of me was my destined mate, I can't help but think that the blonde lying unconscious upstairs was destined for me too. There was something about Mari from the start, that took my breath away. As soon as we became closer, I felt as if nothing could tear us apart. I know now, that I can't possible live without her.

My thoughts of my love for Marielle disappeared when I saw that my mate has started to cry. One by one tears poured out of her eyes. I clenched my jaw not knowing what to do. I was never one to know what to do when a girl cried.

Without realizing my hand went out to reach for her face, to wipe away all of her tears. “I'm...I'm sorry.” I whispered in her hair as I became close enough. I then soothed her in my arms, as she sobbed into my shirt.

“W-What am I supposed to do?” I went silent trying to listen to her words, through all of her sobs, “I-I'm just a rogue! All these y-years I've been trying to find you.. now that I did, I get rejected?”

I stood there frozen. Rogue? Years? …. Rejected? It was then that realization hit me. I basically was rejecting my mate, wasn't I? I felt as if my heart sunk deep into my stomach, as guilt filled it. Did the woman in front of me, really look for her mate for years? How did she become a rogue? Why? Too many questions clamored inside of my head, that made me growl. This was so much to handle!

I loved Marielle, my princess... but what was I going to do with my mate? How could I reject her after all the things she has gone through? Just like Mari, she is a rogue. Mari was rejected and now would I look like Ray who was the one who broke Mari's heart?

I sighed into my mate's hair, who I noticed calmed down some. I knew that I did have to reject her. But maybe I could take her in for a couple days and then bring the news down on her. It all seems like a plan, and hopefully Mari wouldn't wake up to see my mate inside of the house.

“Okay... I've decided something..” I said quietly, and my voice made my mate's head snap up. Her brown eyes were a little red from crying, but she still managed to look pretty.

“Y-yeah?” She stuttered in a small voice. I had to stop myself from staring at her too long.

“You can stay... for a few days..”

“You.. Are you going to reject me?”

“I'm not sure, there’s too much on my mind. Don't think about it too much okay?” I asked her, trying to make her forget about it. I felt sympathy for the woman. I couldn't just slam the door on her face, especially if she was my mate.

“Okay!” She exclaimed, and skipped upstairs with a big smile on her face.

I stood by the door, shutting it, confused. How could someone go from hysterically crying to being in a cheerful mood in what seemed like seconds? I shrugged it off, by thinking this must be pretty exciting for her. I climbed up the stairs to wonder after her. Where could she have gone?

I walked past many doors, and one was left open with one of the lights on. When I walked in, I realized I was in the infirmary. I smiled forgetting I was looking for someone and went to a certain room. It smelled of peaches. That was Mari's scent- a scent that I can't forget, neither did I want to.

I walked in and actually believed that she would be wide awake, waiting for me to step in. But obviously that wish didn't come true. Mari still lied on the hospital bed, her chest moving up and down slightly. She looked very fragile, but peaceful. Her blonde wavy hair seemed to glow brightly around her heart shaped face. My eyes traveled down to her long eyelashes, which underneath her eyelids were her always twinkling bright blue eyes. There was not a single freckle or zit on her face. So many words could describe Mari, and one of them was beautiful.

All I wanted right now was to pull her close to me, and kiss the life out of her. All I wanted to do, as soon as she woke up, was to repeatedly tell her that I loved her dearly. I could just imagine it- Mari...I love you.

'You're whipped.' My wolf snickered inside of my head.

'Don't you love her too?' I snapped at him.

'Of course. Though, I have to admit, that I would never imagine myself telling the love of my life, that I loved her. Isn't that what girls do?' He replied, still laughing.

I rolled my eyes, 'Whatever. Is it wrong to love someone dearly?'

'No.'

'Okay then.' And that was the end of the conversation. I didn't want to talk to him, I wanted to just sit next to Mari. I wanted to make sure she was okay. What would I do, if all of a sudden she had a panic attack? I snorted. I would have a panic attack myself. Who knows?

Sitting down at a chair next to Mari's bed, I held her soft tiny hand in my big one. I smiled when I saw her sigh contently in her sleep. At least she wasn't having nightmares anymore. Thank goodness. It wasn't like I could stop that from happening. The only way I could keep her calm was just holding her hand. It saddened me, that it was all I could do. But at least I could do something.

Suddenly I picked up another scent, it didn't belong to Mari, but to-

“Baby? Are you in here?”

Oh shit.

“Uh, Yeah.” I responded hesitantly. I didn't like that she was calling me baby, the nickname actually kind of disgusted me coming out of her lips. That reminded me, what was her name?

“Oh ok!” She screeched before slamming open the door, the door banging loudly against the wall. I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from yelling at her. Remember Max, only for a few days, then its all over. But still, didn't she know when to be quiet? Especially when in the infirmary? I spared one glance at my mate to see her practically bouncing over to me. Then I saw her gaze drop on Mari. She glared at her, and scrunched her nose up in disgust. Her eyes scanned Mari's figure, only to scoff like she was way better. That was where she was completely wrong. My eyes caught the jealousy burning in hers. She knew that Mari had something on her.

“Ew, who's she?” Once again with the biting of the tongue. When I felt most of my anger die down a bit, that was when I answered her.

She is the woman I love.” Saying those words, I grabbed Mari's hands and kissed each one. “Her name is Marielle Heartifillia.”

But my mate only rolled her eyes. “Whatever,” She said, “What about your name, mate?”

I grunted saying my full name, “Max Marvell.”

“Well Mr. Max Marvell... I got a little something in store for you.” She purred and inched closer to where I sat. Before I knew it, she was climbing on top of me, her fingers trailing up and down my chest. Just as I was about to shove her on the ground, I stopped myself. What could I do? Pushing her, would make her think I was going to reject her. Yes I was, but then the plan would fail. For the next few days I want to make her happy, but not like this. Especially not when I was in the same room with my princess.

“What's your name?” I rushed out, and sighed in relief inwardly when she stopped moving. She looked up at me, tilting her head to the side, a smirk resting on her face.

“My name's Alexandra, but call me Alex.” She pouted, and I smiled.

“That's a nice name, Alex...” But as soon as I said that, I heard her moan. I immediately tensed.

“Mmm... I love the way you say my name!” Alex threw her head back laughing, the sound rang in my ears until she stopped. “Wow you really know how to get the ladies don't you Max?” She giggled a bit more, and I tried to chuckle a little.

I shook my head, still trying to smile. Blinking, I noticed she was closer. Closer and closer she became until her lips hovered over mine. Just as I began to panic, my hands already springing up to really push her this time, it was too late. Her lips were already on mine. And I couldn't help it. The shocks and tingles were all there and I began to lose myself to my body. I soon responded to her, our lips moving in sync.

Here I was, sitting in a chair, next to the love of my life. The love of my life is currently unconscious and in a coma, while I had a girl on my lap and was making out with her. I did it all right here, in my love's hospital room. How messed up is this?

Finally finding the strength to push Alex off me, before our lips were separated, a groan made us both freeze. But I felt Alex's smirk against my mouth, and then she deepened the kiss. Her tongue danced all over the inside of my mouth, while I sat there still.

“W-what's g-going on?” Her angelic voice filled my ears and I turned around in time to see one tear fall from her cheek.

“Princ-” I couldn't manage to say the full word because then Mari had fallen back onto the bed with her eyes closed. But before she did, our eyes had connected and never in my life had I felt so broken. I saw the pain and hurt inside of her eyes, and her emotions hit me twice as hard as they did for her.

I started to shake, and shoved Alexandra off me. She fell onto the floor looking up at me in disbelief. Before she could get a word in, I stormed out of the room, seething. Who the hell cared if I went on a run? I could do whatever the fuck I wanted to, I thought running out of the house.

Once I got to the woods, I shifted into my wolf. I ran for miles and miles until I found a small opening with a large rock in the middle. This was where I usually went when times were hard. Now, that I was stressed out from finally finding my mate and seeing Mari hurt, this was where I needed to be right now.

I growled, slowly climbing onto the large smooth rock, scratching at it every now and then. Marielle woke up only to see me kissing another women right in front of her. How could I be so stupid to let Alex take advantage of me like that? I thought that I would be able to control a situation like that, but now I know I can't. Marielle was fell back into her coma, but what kind of shock is it to wake up only to find me with someone else?

I wanted her to be happy when she woke up. I wanted to say I loved her for the first time when she woke up. I wanted to say a lot of things and show her other things, but only showed her something to make her upset. It was so like me to screw everything up, wasn't it? If Mari did love me, would she understand when I tell her that Alex took advantage of me? That she was my mate and that I had no choice?

Maybe I had to reject Alex sooner than what I had planned. What I know now is that I was very sorry, and I wanted the best for Mari. I was going to give her all my loyalty and show her that I really love her.

Alexandra, Sorry but... Mari is the one I want to be with. I'm sure you'll find someone else out there. Someone who is like you, someone who will except you. Just like how I accepted Marielle... when she was rejected.

--- ---- ---

Alexandra, Sorry but... Mari is the one I want to be with. I'm sure you'll find someone else out there. Someone who is like you, someone who will except you. Just like how I accepted Marielle... when she was rejected.

I repeated those same words in my head over and over again in my head as I walked back to the pack house. Alex may be my mate, but Mari was the one who I loved. I was going to tell Alex as soon I saw her. Those exact words that were stuck in my head. Even though it was meant to be... It just wasn't.

I remember when my mother was still alive, she always said, Love Always Comes First. She even said it the day she died. My own mother was killed by her mate. My mother never loved her mate, even from the start. He was a cruel man, my father. But during the years of being with my father, my mother met someone else. Someone who actually cared about her, for her. Not because they were destined, because they weren't. Though my mom said there were some tingles and shocks that were shared between each other. It was the man she loved that killed my father. It's messed up, but I was glad that he killed him. The guy had moved on though. Never seen him since.

A sad smile made its way on my face as I thought about my past. At least some love came out of it. At least mother had some happiness, before my father beat her or even killed her. The only reason why I survived was because my father liked me. Though, I hated him.

Bringing myself out of my dark past, I came back to my bright future. Once I opened the front door of the pack house, what I didn't expect was my princess and my mate, fighting with each other. Almost ready to rip the others' head off. My eyes bulged. Two words.

Bitch. Fight.

(You know,because they're female dogs?)

==== ======= =======

You guys know the part where it was like: Alexandra, Sorry but... Mari is the one I want to be with. I'm sure you'll find someone else out there. Someone who is like you, someone who will except you. Just like how I accepted Marielle... when she was rejected.

I was going to stop there, but was like. Nah.... Im going to write a little more! Then I did! Yay!!! So I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There will be no surprise updates this week because for the rest of the week I will be busy with work!!! So... no update until next monday! Maybe.

Comment. Vote. Follow. Blah Blah Blah.

Stay tuned!

-BraveAngelGirl-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 106 47
Tehani Amethyst Rosenburg, survived a horrific attack at the hands of a wolf pack at a young age only to be taken by that pack. Her life as a human...
31.1K 1.1K 40
All wolves find their mates eventually, willingly or otherwise. Jenna has been dreading the moment she meets hers for as long as she can remember. To...
9.4M 65.8K 12
THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE. Full story has been published on Amazon Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K53J4PQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bitter+kisse...
61.9K 2.6K 19
Mari Greenfield. A name everybody knows, from whispers on the street, to every pack in North America and still farther. Why, because she's the most d...