United (Slowly Editing)

By KurtDestin

Completed? [✖️] •••#10 under United••• >>Under Editing<< Five strangers wake up alone in a forest with no mem... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 17
Part 18

Part 16

11 3 1
By KurtDestin

Lauren

»»»»§««««

"Lauren?" A voice asked quietly. "Lauren, can you hear me?" The voice asked louder.

I opened my eyes to see Brody standing over me in worry.

"Can you stand?" He asked lending me a hand up.

I took it and asked "Where are we?"

"We broke into Blackwell Universal's Office Complex and a strange monster started chasing us. We took a dumbwaiter from the morgue to this lab to escape it."

"Brody, I know all of that already. I meant why was I unconscious?"

"Oh! I almost forgot about that. You passed out when you saw him." Brody said and pointed at Jeremy standing beside Brianna.

"Hello Lauren." His voice said again.

"Jeremy! You're back!" I rejoiced.

"Yeah, but everything's a little blurry."

"I just did what those instructions told me to, it was rather easy." Brody smiled.

"Hey, could I talk to Jeremy privately?" I asked the others and they scurried out of the room "Jeremy, I'm so happy. This is a miracle! You're back! It's hard to believe that I was able to bring you back."

"But why?" He asked firmly.

"Why? I'm not following."

"Why would you bring me back to life?"

"Because I need your help. Other groups of monsters, like us, are being hunted too. I have to figure out how to stop it, and I can't do it by myself. Also, I need you. I love you, Jeremy, and I need you in so many ways." I smiled.

"I understand the part about stopping these hunts, but you put other people's lives in danger. And all so that you could have your damn boyfriend back. That is selfish and ignorant and careless!" Jeremy said angrily.

"Jeremy, I-"

"No, Lauren. What you did isn't a questionable matter. It's black and white, that's all. Now we need to leave." Jeremy frowned and went inside the room where the others were.

"That looked like it hurt." Brianna said walking up to me. "Who is that anyway? Is it your boyfriend or something?"

"He's technically my husband-"

"Husband? Wow!"

"That's right."

"If he was my husband, I wouldn't ever let him talk to me like that." Brianna crossed her arms.

"It's not what it looks like. I have such strong, deep feelings for him, and the strangest part is that we were literally made to be together. I don't know what is wrong with him." I sighed.

"Well, people change. After all, we did just bring him back from the dead. That should affect something, right?"

"You're right, he'll probably just get over it."

"Good, now can we leave this place? It's giving me the creeps too." Brianna shrugged.

"Happily." I said and we began our way out of the building.

"Guys, check this out." Ella smiled.

Meanwhile, back with the Octorian...

"Ha! You thought you were being smart by escaping through the dumbwaiter, but I know this place like the back of my hand. You can't escape me. Get ready, I'm getting close!" The Octorian yelled.

"Oh my god! The Octorian knows where we are!" Ella panicked.

"Stay calm. He hasn't found us yet." I said trying to calm Ella down.

"Can't we just escape from the dumbwaiter again?" Brianna asked.

"No. I broke it." I sighed.

"Would you like to explain how that happened?" Brianna said sarcastically.

"It was so he wouldn't be able to follow us!"

"Yeah, look how that worked out!"

"Lauren, Brianna! Both of you need to calm down." Brody said getting between us.

"Fine." I grunted.

"Whatever." Brianna rolled her eyes.

"We need a plan to get out of here." Jeremy proposed.

"Good idea, Sherlock." Brody grumbled.

"Okay, enough!" Ella yelled. "We are wasting time. What are we going to do?"

"Ella's right. Lauren, you seem to be the one in charge here. What do you thinks we should do?" Jeremy asked forcing everyone's attention towards me.

"Okay, we all have gotten the hint on how dangerous this guy is, but if one of us can distract him, the others can get out of here."

"But who is going to be the monster's next meal?"

"I was planning on taking that roll." I sighed.

"No way!" Brody said firmly.

"It's the safest option and it kind of makes sense. The fact that we are... different gives us an advantage. We are practically indestructible."

"Jeremy's right. I'll distract the Octorian while you all escape."

"Wait, what if you get caught?" Brianna asked concerned.

"For this, it's a risk I'm willing to take."

"No." Jeremy sighed.

"No? What do you mean?" I asked.

"It can't be you. You are the only one who can safely lead them out. I'll have to distract the Octorian. I'm not afraid of him."

"You haven't seen him yet." Brody stated.

"Plus, what if you get caught?" Brianna crossed her arms. "The main reason we came here was to save your ass! If we lose you, we are back from where we
started!"

"I like that option better than the other one." Jeremy obliged.

"What's that?" I asked.

"We all die."

"Your boyfriend has a point, Lauren. What should we do?"

"I'm going to do it."

"Lauren, no-"

"I'm sorry, Jeremy. This has to happen." I sighed.

"We need to hurry. The Octorian could show up any second!" Ella worried.

"Guys, she isn't wrong here..." Brody added.

"I'm ready. Brianna, can you lead them out of here?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Let's do this." I said and headed for the door.

'This isn't going to end well, I just know it...'

"I'm coming, and my mouth is already watering!" The Octorian yelled.

I walked into the open and answered "No need to yell, you caught me."

"I see, but where are the others?" The Octorian smirked.

We walked toward each other and took a halt. We were face to face.

"You won't find them, I promise you that."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because you'll have to get through me first!"

"This will be much to easy."

"Not if you can't catch me!" I said and started running.

"I can't resist, her friends will have to wait."

The Octorian began chasing me and I started running through various rooms.

Meanwhile, back with Jeremy...

Jeremy and the others entered the room where the Octorian previously fled with me.

"He's gone, we should leave." Jeremy said looking at Brianna "Lead the way."

Meanwhile, back with Lauren...

I made it into an elevator and the door closed shut.

'Thank god, I barely made it... That is one fast monster-'

WHAM!

'Shit! He's on top of the elevator!'

"I'm still here, Octorian! Come get me!" I yelled. "You're really slow! Getting tired?"

WHAM!

'That should keep him busy for a few seconds, I just hope that Jeremy and the others are doing okay...'

Meanwhile, back with Jeremy...

They ended up back in the lobby and Ella muttered "Is that the door?"

"We made it out!" Brianna squealed.

"Wait, what do we do about them?" Brody asked pointing at the two door guards blocking their path.

"Freeze!" The older one yelled.

"You aren't getting past us! We are armed!" The other one yelled.

"You really want to mess with us?" Brianna yelled.

Meanwhile, back with Lauren...

WHAM!

'He'll be in this thing in seconds!'

DING!

'Thank god! Saved by the bell!'

Meanwhile, back with Jeremy...

"We have had one awful night and we want to get the hell out of here. Just move and no one gets hurt." Brianna continued.

"I don't think so." The younger one snapped.

"I got this." Jeremy stepped forward "Which way do you gentlemen want to do this-"

"Let me guess, the easy way or the hard way?" The younger one interrupted.

"That's it, I've had enough." The older one smiled and pulled out his gun.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

He hit the ground and Brianna screamed "Jeremy! No!"

Meanwhile, back with Lauren...

I stood inside a penthouse office and the Octorian was now face to face with me.

"It's time for this to end, you can't go anywhere now. You do realize you took us to the highest floor, right? You made it so easy."

"Oh what was I thinking..." I sighed.

Meanwhile, back with Jeremy...

"Who else wants a bullet?" The older one laughed.

"Just get on the ground!" The younger one yelled.

Before anyone else could react, Jeremy stood up, brushed off his shoulders, and continued "As I was saying, before you tried to kill me... There were suppose to be two ways that we could settle it, but signs are saying that you've chosen the hard way."

"What the-" the younger one said astonished.

"Damn, he's one of those weird freaks that they keep up here!"

"Brianna, would you kindly take the others outside? This might get a little messy..." Jeremy said walking towards the guards slowly. "I got these two. Now, which one would like to go first?"

Meanwhile, back with Lauren...

"You did the best you could, you were a fun chase, but it's time to end this. And I'm hungry!"

"What are you going to do to me?" I said shakily.

"Drain you like a juice box."

"Is that coming from your vampire side?"

"Yes." The Octorian smirked "I'll also-"

"That's all I needed to know." I said and took off straight for the window wall of the penthouse.

"Hey, there's no where for you to-"

CRASH!

"...go..."

Meanwhile, back with Brianna...

"We did it, we escaped!" Brody smiled.

"I'm so happy, I can see the sun again!" Ella grinned.

"I wonder if Lauren and Jeremy are alright-" Brianna began.

CRASH!

"What the-" Brianna continued.

SMACK!

"...what was that?" Brianna asked quietly.

"I'll go check. Brianna, here are the keys. Start the car." Brody said hurrying over to where the noise came from.

I was on the ground and Brody exclaimed "Lauren! You're alive!"

"Barely." I said standing from the concrete.

"What just happened up there? Did you seriously just fall from the top of a 70 story building?"

"Yes. I'm indestructible, remember? And the Octorian is part vampire-" I began.

"So he can't go out into the sun." Brody added "Lauren, you're a genius!"

"Is everyone out of the building?"

"Almost..." Brody sighed.

"Is it Jeremy?"

"Um-"

"Jeremy is perfectly fine." Jeremy said standing a few feet away from Brody.

"Jeremy!" I squealed in excitement "You're okay! I thought I'd never see you again!"

"Cool it, Lauren. It was just two guards. It was nothing. Let's leave, the police will arrive anytime now." Jeremy walked away.

I drowned in dissatisfaction and Brody asked "What's wrong, Lauren?"

"It's Jeremy. He is acting so.. distant. So cold."

"Hasn't he always been like that?"

"Honestly, no. I'm afraid that when we woke him up, he didn't stay the same..."

"That's not strange..." Brody muttered.

Meanwhile, back with the Octorian...

"You allowed her to escape?" Trent Johnson's voice rang.

"So what? She is just a Child of Frankenstein. You made her, you can make more of them."

"I don't mean her, you pathetic dog! I meant the other creature you let escape. One of the Sirens, Ella. I don't care about Lauren. I want Ella back."

Meanwhile, back with Lauren...

We all stood outside of the car together.

"Okay, we made it out, but we aren't safe yet. We need to go somewhere to hide out at until all of this blows over. They have probably figured out who Brianna and Brody are. That makes Brody's house a no-go. Any suggestions?" I asked curiously.

"We could hide out at a summerhouse I use to clean. I never gave back my key." Ella smiled.

"We could go to... my old sorority house at Everbrooke University." Brianna sighed.

"You were in a sorority?" Brody's jaw dropped. "You don't seem like Greek material, if you know what I mean."

"Oh my god, Brody! You're so clueless!"

"Calm down, Brianna." I said softly.

"I'm always calm."

"Okay, whatever you say..."

"We could also go to this car dealership. I, um, own it. It's being temporarily closed for renovations and changes. It should be safe, and vacant." Brody obliged.

"So which one, our building-jumping leader?" Brianna asked sarcastically.

"The sorority house will probably be the safest. Hiding in plain sight will make them less likely to find us as long as we lay low. Once we get there, we can change and clean off. "

"I really think we should leave." Jeremy urged.

"Okay. Brianna, our destination awaits."

The drive was long, but different from my other recent drives. This one had one reassuring feeling to it, the feeling of strength.

We entered the sorority house and arrived inside the large living room.

"I need to take a shower. I'm so filthy, it's disgusting!" Brianna complained.

"Talk about it!" Ella sighed.

"Follow me, there are a few bathrooms over here." Brianna said walking off with Ella.

"I'm glad we chose this place, it's nice." Brody smiled. "I wonder what they have in the fridge!"

Brody and the others had left the room and left Jeremy and I alone.

"So..."

"So..." Jeremy replied.

"I have to be honest, I was so scared. The idea of living without you... It sent chills down my spine, I almost couldn't handle it-"

"Look, Lauren. I appreciate your help, I wouldn't be here without you. I just think you have he wrong idea about us. You need to let that go."

Jeremy left me alone and I pushed my hair back in aggravation.

"..Lauren..."

"What do you want, Brody?"

"Look, I'm trying to keep an open and positive outlook on Jeremy. It's just he has been a really big jerk, mostly to you-"

"Look, you don't know him the way I do. Once, he died protecting me!"

"That doesn't excuse for the way he is treating you. He acts like you're an idiot. Doesn't that make you mad?"

"Yes." I said standing straighter "It pisses me off. We saved his life and risked ours in the process. Faye and Lacey died for this, and he can't even manage to slip out a thank you."

"You're right, he should be thankful."

"I'm thankful for him being alive. All I want is a simple gesture. Something like that would mean the world to me right now. A hug, a kiss, just for him to tell me that everything will be alright... I know it sounds stupid, but I love him. I'd forgive him for almost everything..." I sighed.

"Almost everything? Where do you draw the line?"

"When someone crosses my line, you'll know. I'm going to go check on the others and clean up."

"Okay." Brody's voice said softly and I entered the bedroom hall.

I entered one room and saw Ella sitting in a beanbag holding a cell phone.

"Ella, are you okay?"

"I just want my life back. I'm not getting out of this any time soon, I just know it..."

"I'm sorry to confirm. Look, I'm not expecting you to march with me into battle. I just need you to lay low until all of this is behind us."

"I think I can do that, but first, I need to call my parents. They'll be worried about me if I don't."

"I'm sorry to say this, but you can't. Blackwell's men probably already have their phones bugged."

"Why? I'm not important!" Ella frowned. "But I did find something important. I found it when we were in the lab at the crazy building."

"Look, Ella. They kept you locked up for a reason-"

"Yeah, so I could be that creepy monster's next meal!"

"I'm not certain about that. Believe me, you can't ever trust Blackwell Universal. This won't be much longer. When this is over, you can call your parents."

"Fine."

"You should get some rest now. Tell us the important stuff after you sleep."

"I will. Thank you, Lauren." Ella said and I headed for the shower. "I'm sorry, Lauren." Ella said pulling out the cell phone "One call can't do any damage, right?"

I got in the shower and turned on the water. I took off the sweaty and filthy dress and pulled my hair back. Entering the shower, I felt the warm water hitting my skin. It was breathtaking. I undid my hair and I stood still while I became drenched in the water. I looked over at the shower wall and saw three bottles: Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash.

I quickly washed myself and turned off the shower. I reentered the center of the bathroom and grabbed a towel. I used it to wipe off the mirror and wrapped it around my body.

I saw a tooth brush and grabbed it. I brushed my hair and teeth, feeling like a normal girl. I entered the next bedroom and started looking through drawers.

'Wow! This girl has pretty cool clothes. So I'll choose... This black top, this pair of black skinny jeans, that leather jacket, I could use this belt, and those combat boots! Wow, this girl has a unique taste...'

I put the clothes on and walked onto the roof. I looked around to see a bunch of plants and pots. I leaned up against the wall of the roof and looked at the sunset in the distance.

"Nice view, huh?" Brody smiled.

"The garden is breath-taking. The sorority girls must have quite a green thumb." I laughed.

"Yeah, it's impressive. So what's going to be our next move?"

"Our next move?" I said curiously.

"Yes. I want to help you with this, Lauren. I may not be able to even comprehend what Blackwell Universal is doing, but I know it has to stop."

"Are you sure?" I rested a hand on his shoulder "This will be dangerous."

"I know it'll be dangerous, I'm ready for what it takes. I'm here for you, Lauren. Whether it's on the sidelines or if you need backup... Or someone to talk to... Or someone to cry on when you and Jeremy break up..." Brody sighed.

"Look, Jeremy, you're a great guy. It's just that what Jeremy and I have is deeper than you could imagine."

"Well, when that changes, you know where to find me.." Brody sighed.

Right as I was going to turn back around, Brody grabbed me and our lips touched.

We released a second after and before either of us could react, Brianna yelled "Lauren! Ella's gone!"

"Are you serious?" I said as Brianna stood in front of us.

"I was in the next room and heard multiple voices. I think she was talking to someone on the phone."

"Damn it! She was telling me that she wanted to call her parents, but I said no. I should of watched her better. Any clue as to where she went?"

"I already covered that. She left a page behind with an address written on it. She went to some park, I've never heard of it."

"Okay. We need to go now." I said walking towards the entrance back inside.

"She's just meeting with her parents, what's wrong with that?"

"We are talking about Blackwell Universal, nothing is safe anymore..."

Meanwhile, back with Ella...

"Hey, mom. This is my fifth message to you. I hope you're on your way, I love you. I really need to see you. Bye." Ella said hanging up.

"It's dangerous at night." A man in black said.

Ella turned around to see two men in all black and sunglasses.

"Oh... I'm fine. Thanks..."

"Let's not play games here, Ella. You're coming with us."

"Who-who are you?" Ella said shakily.

"Who we are isn't important here. What is important is that you come with us now. Your owner wants you back, Ella. If you want your parents to live, then you better cooperate."

"What did you do to them?" Ella yelled.

"I was going to make up a bunch of crap and so on, but I'll be straight with you. They are dead. You killed them when you called. It's a small price to pay for what you did. Now they are "spare parts" like the rest."

"No! That's impossible! You're lying!"

"Shut it, bitch!" The other man yelled.

"We need to hurry this up, we have to bring her back to the base. She goes to the Island tomorrow at dawn."

"Fine. Scream if you feel like it, but no one can help you now..." The man said and they started walking towards Ella.

"Agh!" Ella screamed.

SNAP! SMACK! BAM!

"Ow! What the hell, that bitch hit me!" One of the guards yelled.

"Grab her, we are attracting too much attention!"

"Help me..."

Meanwhile, back with Lauren...

We had stopped the car and I ran into the park.

"Ella? Ella!" I yelled.

"She isn't here, not anymore." Brody sighed.

"Do you think they got her, Lauren?"

"I'm not sure..."

"Look at the ground." Brody said pointing at the dirt.

"Footprints.."

"Right here, there are two sets of prints. Up there, they join another set. After they all join up, only two walk away..."

"Wait, look! A piece of paper." Brianna said and picked it up "It's a little messy, but it's readable."

"What does it say?" I asked.

"Subject No. 1038732 Name: Terra. Confirmed Siren Sister. Status Known. Destination: Classified. What does that mean?"

"That means they have to have Ella, and her sister. She will most likely be on the island with the circled x."

"Well what should we do?" Brody asked.

"The only thing we can do, we fight and we get her back! Together."

A/N: Hey guys! So what now? Do you ship Broden or Leremy? Where is Ella? Will they find Ella or Terra? Can you believe that they are both Sirens? Learn more soon! Btw, I'm proud to say that this is the longest chapter yet! Thanks!
~KurtDestin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431 109 20
She couldn't remember anything. Woke up in a dark cold place, Elliot Mirage must now find a way out, but if only things were just that simple. Time h...
4K 366 27
"The calming sounds of the forest were soon disturbed by an ear piercing scream and shouts for help, but no one was around to save the helpless girl...
5.6K 108 52
In a world where it's ruled by only one government, George and his friends go to a high school where they find out about an abandoned factory, they d...
4.6K 486 40
Book ONE of Out Of... series •~•~• To be scared of something is to not want to be near it, or see it...or feel it. To fear something is the same th...