Devils In Heaven

By 28maddy28

Angie is an orphan. When she and her best friend, Lily, go on a trip to L.A. to see Lily's favorite band, Dev... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

696 10 6
By 28maddy28

Helloooo everybodyyyy!!!!!!

First off this chapter is dedicated to BreakingFree for making this fantastic book cover!

I have of course started a new story! This story is by far my favorite other than possibly Having Powers.

Yes it's that awesome :D

I really want you guys to enjoy this story so I'm sorry if the first chapter is kind of boring and shorter than the other ones. I promise it gets way better in the second and third chapters!

And steamier ;D

So read on and enjoy!

I love you guys! Thanks for reading!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

“Flight 338 to Los Angeles is now boarding,” a smooth female voice announced to the whole airport.

“Noooo,” Lily complained. She sprinted alongside me through the airport. We dodged bemused looking people left and right.

“What terminal is it?” I huffed as we skidded to a stop. My feet ached.

Note to self: Don't wear high heel leather boots if you plan on running through a large airport.

Lily hurriedly scanned our plane tickets. “Terminal B,” she announced.

“Over there!” I pointed excitedly at a sign to my left. We took off running again.

“Where is it?!” Lily shrieked as the numbers steadily increased.

“It's still ahead of us Lily!” I snapped. “We're only at 301!”

“Final call for flight 338 to Los Angeles,” the same smooth female voice announced.

“We're gonna miss it, Angie,” Lily moaned.

“It's right there!” I yelled excitedly as we passed 336. We plowed through the waiting area and came to a stop next to the flight attendant who was snapping a rope together, effectively cutting off the line to our flight.

“I'm sorry,” I panted. “We got dropped off late.” I thought of the fussy Mrs. Rogers who was against us leaving and mentally cursed her out.

The lady raised her eyebrows at our appearance. I'm sure the worn out clothing, the beaten down appearance, and the unaccompanied minor tags looked suspicious, but she lowered the rope cautiously.

“Tickets,” she demanded in a brisk voice. Lily handed them over and the lady scanned them. “No luggage?” she questioned.

I shook my head. “No only one carry-on for each of us and my guitar,” I replied, not mentioning that Lily and I didn't even own enough possessions to fill a suitcase.

The lady nodded and followed us through the blissfully air-conditioned tunnel and onto the plane. We took our seats, which were thankfully close because my feet were killing me.

“Well that was fun,” Lily said bracingly. I laughed in relief.

“We made it,” I said happily, buckling my seat belt.

A few minutes after we took off and maintained cruising altitude, the seat belt sign went out. After unbuckling I immediately untied my laces and pulled off my high heel leather boots. I sighed in relief.

“I told you not to wear them, Angie,” Lily said highly amused from behind her celebrity magazine that she had pulled out of her duffel bag.

“And I told you not to read those magazines,” I retorted. “They ruin your brain.” Lily shrugged her shoulders, uncaring.

Lily and I were as unalike as two people could be, in both our physical appearances and our personalities. Lily wore simple but flattering clothes. A pair of soft blue jean shorts, a light pink blouse, and white flats were what she wore today. She had curly raven black hair that reached her shoulders, and dark, wide brown eyes. Not to mention her dark tanned skin, and the fact that she was curvy in all of the right places although she was only 5'0 tall. However she was a Spanish beauty, and I often called her that.

God knows why her parents called her Lily.

Though I suppose that it was a better name than mine. Angelina. To me it felt like my parents purposely gave me the worst name possible. When I was 7 I asked my mom why she named me Angelina.

“Because when I held you for the first time I thought that I had given birth to an angel,” she said simply as she ran a brush through my hair.

Don't think about her, I commanded myself.

I had rigidly straight, golden hair that reached down to the middle of my back. My hair was literally the color of gold. Once while Lily and I walked back from school, we stopped by a jewelry shop window and compared my hair to a large pure golden pendant that lay on display. My eyes were an electric blue color. Lily said that they were actually very innocent looking when I wasn't narrowing them into slits.

According to Lily I was slender and slim. As for my skin, I had never had a tan in my life, no matter how hard I tried. Lily often said I was the color of ivory. I often said I was the color of spoiled milk. I was much taller than her standing at about 5'6”. And as for clothes? I didn't dress subtlety. Today I was wearing my favorite worn out black leather jacket, a bright green tank top, dark blue jeans, and of course my leather boots.

Lily was the nicest person you'll ever meet. At the orphanage where we lived, Lily helped Mrs. Rogers with double the chores. She gave extra food to the starving children that were sometimes dropped off anonymously. The teachers loved her because she always offered to help them out if she was done with her work. She was also fiercely protective of the children in the orphanage.

And of course me. That's one of the few things we have in common. We look out for each other.

I wasn't the friendliest person. In fact I was quite the opposite. The kids at the orphanage were scared of me. My teachers hated me, even though I was always careful to do good in school in hopes of a scholarship. I undermined them though. Insulted them. And of course all of the students hated me at school. I was an outcast.

The only good thing I had in this world was Lily. And of course my music.

“Look at this!” Lily suddenly exclaimed shoving her magazine underneath my nose.

“Look at what?” I asked snapping out of my reverie.

“This article about Devils From Heaven!” she said excitedly.

“Read it to me,” I said lazily, leaning back on my chair and putting my bare feet up on my food tray.

Lily scoffed but read the article out loud anyways.

“Devils From Heaven, the popular rock band, has unfortunately lost a crucial band member. Stacey Clint, the only girl in the otherwise all guy band, has left the band due to personal reasons.

“I just thought that it was time for me to go my separate way in my career,” she told reporters. The band will continue their tour, ending with a concert in Los Angeles. Stacey Clint has assured us that she will be present for this last performance.

How the band will take this loss is unpredictable. Will they search for another singer to take Stacey's place? Or will they continue with only four?

“That's weird,” Lily said putting down the magazine.

“What's weird?” I asked opening one eye.

“Why would she leave the band? They're one of the most popular and successful musical groups in the country?”

“Maybe she wanted a solo career?” I suggested.

“It said she left due to personal reasons,” Lily quoted. I shrugged.

“What does it matter? She's not a very good singer. And anyways they're still playing in L.A.”

Lily perked up at once. “That's right they are! I'm so happy that we got the tickets!”I smiled as she once again disappeared behind her magazine. What would I do without her?

I remembered the first day I met her. I had been sent to the local orphanage in Minneapolis. I had no one. The hospital had pronounced my mother, father, and brother to be dead. My dad didn't have any siblings, my mother's sister wouldn't take me, and all four of my grandparents were dead before I was born.

So the Jefferson Orphanage it was.

I was twelve at the time. A horrible age to be in an orphanage. Hardly anybody adopted almost-teenagers. Lily was my “welcoming committee.” Mrs. Rogers was supposed to be the one that showed me around but she was of course too busy taking care of other children.

Lily had been dropped off at the Jefferson when she was only a week old by her teenage mother. She and I had both been bounced around in the foster care system. However, I was too much of a “rebellious” teenager for anyone to keep for long, and Lily refused to go anywhere without me.

So we stayed at the Jefferson.

I was always amazed at how well Lily handled everything in her life. While I had turned into an un-trusting, lonely, cold-hearted girl who let no one in but Lily, she had embraced her life. Although, in my defense she always says that she had been coping with it all of her life and I had only been dealing with it for 5 years.

This trip itself was a miracle. Every year the Jefferson Orphanage gave each kid a hundred dollars for the year. It included clothes (although clothes were often passed down through the children) school supplies, and just everyday pleasures, like gum or a new brush. However Lily and I had planned to go on a trip from the moment we met each other. We never spent the money that we didn't have to.

Eventually the two of us pooled our money. Between yearly orphanage money, our jobs at McDonald's, and my parents savings that had been transferred to me, we finally had enough money to afford a trip to L.A.

And of course concert tickets to Lily's favorite band, Devils From Heaven.

________________________________________________________________________________

Huh?

So you guys likey? It's a bit different than my other stories and it's going to be much more intimate and in tune with the character's feelings and thoughts since she is dealing with a lot.

And much more steamier ;D

I love you guys! Hopefuly you'll continue on to the next chapter when it comes out?

Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 714 95
Character award winner 2017 #14 in death and life #1 in fatality 20-5-18 Katrina Montana Third place Protagonist Karly Montana First Place Antagoni...
1.4K 65 71
Jennette Dalhousie is an average teenage girl, but everything changes when she is discovered. She finds that she truly has a gift for singing. And wh...
221K 4.1K 29
All Nadine Carter has ever wanted was to live happily with her parents, have a loving sweet boyfriend and friends she could count on. When she reache...
1.6M 1.9K 8
UNEDITED WATTPAD VERSION! (This is the arguably rubbish version, ye be warned.) Includes a sample of the published version as well *** Life would be...