Mr. Ruthless Mafia

By InfiniteEnding

"Even if you run away, I would search to the end of this world until I found you. Because the only place you... More

1. Nemesis
2. Nobble
3. Repast
4. Sesso
5. Tryst
6. Flight
7. Captured
8. Candour
9. Mio
10. Famiglia
11. Bane
13. Pericolo
Author's Note

12. Lo Prometto

306K 7.8K 880
By InfiniteEnding

Megan saw the look on Xavier's face. She knew what he was thinking.

Her hands trailed down to his head and cupped his face, bringing him up so she was face to face with him. She placed a feather kiss on his lips.

"It was worth it. Rosa is the best thing that ever happened in my life. I wouldn't want it any other way." Megan said, a twinkle in her eye.

His heart and body were aching and burning for her.

He pressed a kiss to the nape of her neck and murmured, "I've dreamed of this." And to her shoulder, "Dreamed and dreamed."

"Every night, you were all I could think of. Your voice, your touch, your scent... they keep me sane bella."

Megan shuddered under his touch, leaning into him, sighing with pleasure as he brought his hands around to cup her breasts.

"Kiss me, Xavier. Kiss me like you mean it."

Because even if I didn't have your love, I still need that assurance.

His pulse spiked at her words, his eyes darkened. And he did kiss her, his mouth devouring hers, his tongue sweeping inside and claiming her so she felt that kiss right down to her toes.

His warmth was the testament that it wasn't a dream. The feel of his legs against hers, the thrust of his arousal against her belly, his hard chest pressing her deeper into the mattress. It was all she had ever dreamed of.

Still it wasn't enough. She needed more. Her legs tangled with his as she arched upwards, wanting more.

"Xavier..." she moaned in pleasure when he slid inside, the sweet invasion was everything she'd ever wanted. Her body opened to accommodate him. She arched and moaned uncontrollably as he stretched and filled her, and then he began to move. It was exquisite and overwhelming.

Soon, Megan gave herself up to the pounding rhythm and the crashing waves of sensation, until she let out a cry as he felt her inner muscles quivering. She collapsed into him, arms and legs wrapped around him.

Xavier sagged against her with a deep sigh of contentment. He brushed a tendril of hair from her cheek and kiss her on the lips with aching gentleness.

I love you. She heard her own voice hovering in her mind.

Her heart fluttered at the awakening devotion. She wished she could say it out loud to him as he gazed into her eyes with admiration. Yet she was afraid of the outcome. She wasn't even sure if what he felt for her was pure lust or something more. She dared not think. If it was purely lust and nothing more, she'd crack up.

She would have to leave if she ever found out he did not love her back. And Rosa would lose one of her parents, most likely to be her. But then again, would he ever let her go despite not loving her back? After all, they never had a chance to build a solid foundation for whatever relationship they were having back then.

She wasn't even sure when she had fallen in love with him. Was it the moment when she had found out the truth? Or was it when she saw him holding Rosa? Or when he had promised to protect them both? Or perhaps he always had a place in her heart the moment they met?

"Marry me tesoro." Xavier proposed unexpectedly, a slight smile crept across his face as he eyed her, waiting for her response. He beamed at the thought of spending every night with his soon-to-be wife.

She jolted out of deep thoughts. Nonplussed, her eyebrows rose and her mouth dropped open slightly.

"What?"

He frowned when he observed her unlooked-for expression. She did not seem thrilled like he had wanted her to.

"I'm asking you to marry me." He echoed.

"I—" she wavered, dumbstruck.

She was supposed to be overjoyed over this euphoric moment. She was supposed to say yes the moment he asked. But it did not feel right.

"B—but why?" Her eyes briefly met his and strayed to the vague point of his cheek. 

"We need to give Rosa a complete family. You and Rosa will carry my last name." He replied promptly.

No.

It wasn't the answer she had wanted to hear. Did he not know why she asked? Or he knew but he did not know what to say?

Hunched back, she quavered. "I don't know, Xavier. It's too fast. We just moved back here. I think Rosa and I need more time to settle down."

It was for the best. She would not marry a man who did not love her.

A maelstrom of emotions shadowed his expression. Pain was one of them and it was etched on his face before it smoothed. Displeased, he sighed and puffed out his chest.

"Fine. I'll give you more time to think about it. But let me tell you something. No matter what... the end result will never change. You... will marry me." He said sternly, his adamant eyes warned her.

With that, he climbed out of bed and trudged out the bedroom, leaving Megan drown in her own dubiety.

******

"Sister! You look like shit. What happened?" Chiara asked hastily when she noticed Megan in the living room.

Megan was seated on the sumptuous sofa, dabbing Rosa's mouth with her bib. A moment ago, Rosa had been wailing in a fit of pique in the dining hall, refused to eat her breakfast so one of the butlers helped drag the high chair to the living room.

"I'm fine. I had a rough night."

Megan sighed and fed another mouthful of avocado puree into Rosa's mouth. Her daughter's eyes were glued to the screen in front of her, watching Barney & Friends. Rosa would only eat when Barney is on. Repudiated with the idea of letting a toddler eat and watch at the same time, she had tried to change this habit of hers, trained by Sofia. But Rosa was one stubborn and headstrong toddler, unbelievably intuitive and smart. She was only a toddler yet she already knew how to use charms and strengths to get her way, always bringing Megan to her knees with her forlorn puppy eyes.

"What did you do last night?" Chiara threw her a knowing smirk and nodded indolently.

Megan rolled her eyes. "Don't give me that, Chiara." She bit back a smile when Chiara's expression amused her.

Ignoring her remark, Chiara switched the subject. "Why is Rosa eating out here?"

She then walked to Rosa's side and kissed her forehead. "Morning little one!"

"This little devil was throwing tantrum in the dining hall just now. She wants to eat out here because of that." Megan made a head gesture to the TV in front of them and shook her head.

"Just ask Xavier to buy one and put them in the dining hall then." Chiara frowned.

"No way! It's bad enough for her now. I don't want her to think it's ok to watch TV while eating. It's Sofia's fault." Megan muttered, pursing her lips.

"Who's Sofia?" Killian emerged from the front door and asked. He approached the toddler and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"A close friend I met in Phuket." Megan replied.

"Since when do you like children?" Chiara wrinkled her brow at Killian as she thought. She remembered Killian had hated children his whole life because they were obstreperous and rowdy.

"Since I met this piccolo here." Killian stroked Rosa's head gently and gave them a half smile. Rosa held out her arms to Killian, asking to be carried.

"One last bite Rosa." Megan cooed and placed the food in front of her mouth. "One last bite and uncle Killian will carry you." Megan persuaded. Chiara and Killian stared at her divertingly, thinking if Rosa actually understood what she said.

And she did.

Rosa opened her mouth and took the last mouthful of food. She looked up at Killian and her eyes lit up, expecting Killian to hold her. Megan chuckled softly as she noticed her daughter's enthusiasm and she knew why. Uncle Killian was a handsome beautiful man. Attractiveness was not in the eye of the beholder, it was innate to a newborn infant. Megan knew her daughter was going to be a troublemaker growing up.

"Why is our piccolo eating out here?" Killian cradled her, patting her bum gently.

"Because of Barney." Chiara replied shortly and nodded at the TV.

"Ohhh poor thing. Do you want Uncle Killian to get you a TV so you can watch Barney in the dining hall next time?" Killian asked Rosa in a soft voice.

"Yes yes we should!" Chiara squealed, responding on behalf of Rosa. The oblivious toddler only giggled rapturously in response.

"Uh oh! No. You guys-"  Megan shook her head and threw them a deterrent glare.

"What's going on?" Xavier too, made his appearance in the living room, joining the family.

Chiara let him in on their discussion.

"I'll ask Antonio to get one later." He sounded in an earnest tone.

Megan hit her forehead in incredulity. "Goodness! Not you too, Xavier! No one is buying a TV! Do not spoil her!" She exclaimed.

The three of them exchanged quick glances at one another and then to Megan, and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why are you back? I thought you left an hour ago?" Megan asked Xavier while cleaning up the high chair.

"Caroline!" Xavier called out and Caroline emerged from the kitchen. He turned his glance to Megan who was cleaning the mess on the high chair. Caroline's gaze followed his and nodded fearfully, letting her boss know she knew what to do. She hurriedly staggered to Megan's side, taking the high chair from her and disappeared to the kitchen once again.

"I came back to give you this." Xavier reached out for her hand gently and clasped a rose gold Cartier bracelet on her wrist.

Megan surveyed the bracelet, curiosity gleamed in her eyes and she sought his gaze. "What's this?"

"It's a gift from me. You like it?"

Megan nodded her head swiftly and beamed from ear to ear. Lights danced in her eyes. Her response evidently satisfied him, for he smiled back indulgently at her.

Vexatious, Killian gave a loud cough beside them, breaking Xavier's amorous gaze.

"We're not dead yet brother." Killian retorted, a spasm of pain contorted his face as Rosa had been pulling his blond rumpled hair and her last mini ambush was biting his nose.

Chiara let out a huge hearty guffaw at that and burst into tears.

"You still like kids now?" Chiara wiped her tears and stifled.

Killian groaned and transferred the little toddler onto Megan's shoulders after a little bit of maneuvering.

"I'm going to send Killian to the airport now." Xavier informed and bussed Megan on the cheek. Megan nodded meekly.

Chiara glanced over her shoulder at Killian. "Where are you going?"

"Japan. I have some unfinished business." He gnawed at the inside of cheek as irritation pricked at him.

"Be careful please. We'd prefer you to come back in one piece." Chiara cautioned.

Whatever Chiara said, it urticated Megan like a nettle. She felt bad and it was selfish of her to thwart Xavier. He was the boss after all. He couldn't possibly stay with them for the rest of his life. He had work to do, even though it was death-dealing. Without Xavier, Killian might be in more danger than he could ever imagine. When push came to shove, Killian always stood up and protected him. Xavier should do the same coherently. That's what family is for.

"Can I talk to you for a second in private?" Megan contemplated and asked. Xavier nodded and he escorted her to the study room with Rosa still in her arms.

"What is it?" He closed the door behind him.

"I just thought about what I said yesterday and it was selfish of me. You should go with Killian." She suggested reluctantly.

Even though she was disinclined, she was worried for Killian's life too.

"Tesoro, are you worried about Killian?"

"I'm worried about everyone. I just don't want anything bad to happen to any of you. I'm sure Rosa wouldn't want that too. She just got familiar with the family." She crooned.

"Nothing will happen to us. I won't let that happen. Killian is a trained hitman. He's been doing this his whole life." He replied in a soft, gentle voice and held her closely in his arms.

With a heavenward glance, she rested her chin on his chest. Rosa was now fidgeting and toying his shirt buttons.

"There must be a reason why you want to go. So go, Xavier. Just remember that Rosa and I will be home waiting for you."

"I promise I will come back to you."

Author's Note—
What do you think? :) Please vote and comment if you like this chapter! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 14 37
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
166 28 17
Cynthia Oberoi, the treasure of her mother's secrets and a threat to the whole world. She has a bad past, which made her cold and arrogant. But deep...
504K 18.4K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
140K 2.7K 52
The mafia princess has gone, and the Queen has returned. Born to the most dangerous family in the world, Elle was a beautiful, innocent girl who has...