Til I Found You

Від purple-ish

He doesn't know love at all. She wished she never knew love. What if love came between them? Would he believe... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE

Chapter 26

143K 1.9K 215
Від purple-ish

SEMBREAK HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED!

Sorry for not uploading..I've had my final exams last week.

And to warn you guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to upload as frequently as I used to because we will be having a concert on October 28 and I am the organizer so...hectic sched is on the way. But I hope you understand and will continue to support my stories.  :)

I dedicate this to bullylit. hehe one of my closest friends. She's new in wattpad. :D

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26

Liz:

I’m the only girl who wouldn’t fall for you.

Great Liz. You’re such a liar. The truth is…I think I am falling for him.

We have no classes today because all the teaching and non-teaching staff of the school was off to a four-day seminar out of town. And you know what that means? One whole week of break.

I woke up and was greeted by Grandma who was sitting at the dining room eating her breakfast.

“Good morning, Liz.” she greeted.

“Good morning Grandma.” I answered. Sitting beside her, I added. “Thanks for last night.”

Her forehead creased in confusion. “Last night?”

I nodded. “Yes, for asking Vince to take care of me.”

She just burst out laughing. And I became confused this time.

“Oh, Liz.” she said. “It wasn’t me. Actually, it was Mandy I asked to bring you the food but Vince insisted of doing it himself. He didn’t even have his dinner last night.”

“Really?”

She snorted. “Why? You can’t believe it?”

I nodded.

“Me either.” she said. “He must be really very mindful of you. Oh by the way, do you have something to do this morning?”

I shook my head. “No, nothing much.”

“Great. You think you could accompany me to the hospital? I’m having my check-up today.”

“Of course.”

After eating breakfast, I went upstairs and took a bath. It took me half an hour to prepare. I met with Grandma at the living room.

“Shall we go?” Grandma asked.

With a warm smile, I nodded.

We were about to leave when we saw Vince rushing himself downstairs.

Grandma asked him, “Vince, sweetie, would you like to come with us?”

Immediately, he stopped. Our eyes met for a second but I looked away. “Where?”

“I’m having my check-up. And we’ll head to the mall afterwards. It would be a great bonding for us. So, you coming?”

In my head, I am praying that he would say yes. But…some prayers are just not answered.

“Sorry, Grandma.” he said. “Dave and I have something to do.”

Grandma raised an eyebrow as if telling Vince to cancel whatever plans he has with Dave.

“This is important Grandma.” And then, he rushed to the dining room.

*****

Grandma and I went to the hospital to meet her doctor. Along the way, she occasionally lets out a cough and I can even sense that she is having a difficulty in her breathing. The way I see it, she must be sick or something. I just hope that it’s just a simple cold.

After having her check-up, we headed straight to the mall. This is my first time to shop with Grandma so I didn’t know that she was a big spender! A total shopaholic!

Our feet hurt so we decided to eat. We went to this classy restaurant and ordered food. While we were eating, she suddenly became quiet.

“Something wrong Grandma?” I asked. Her eyes were filled with sadness. I don’t know why.

She smiled weakly. “Today…is my birthday.”

My eyes widened. “Oh, happy birthday. I-I’m sorry I don’t know.”

“It’s okay, honey.” she released a deep sigh. “You know what, even though Alex and Vanessa divorced, they still prepare a surprise birthday party for me. But…every year, I don’t come because I was busy with work.” She continued. “Last year, I promised them I’ll come but I didn’t. And when I got home, I saw the balloons and cakes and presents still there. Vince was there too, sleeping by the couch. I was so tired that time that I just asked Maddie to clean them up. Suddenly, Vince woke up and saw me. He said ‘Grandma, aren’t you going to open your presents?’ And I said, ‘I’m tired Vince.’ He must’ve been hurt so he yelled at me saying ‘ I am tired of you as well! You shouldn’t have told us you were coming! We waited for nothing Grandma! Every year we wait for nothing!’”

There was a brief pause. But then she continued, “And because I am tired, I yelled back at him and told him that they should have not prepared in the first place. I guess that’s why he didn’t greet me this morning.” Her eyes start to well up with tears.

“Maybe he just forgot.” I said trying to comfort her.

“I hope so.”

After eating, we started to shop again. And while we walk, Grandma tripped.

Fortunately, I caught her. “Are you okay, Grandma?”

She nodded. “My head just – I don’t know.”

“You want to go home?”

She nodded.

I walked her to the car while her bodyguard carried our stuff. She rested her head against the seat and closed her eyes.

The fastest way home is when you take the road that passes the park. And that’s where we went.

As we drive home, we passed through the park and saw a familiar guy and a girl standing under the tree – a bit isolated from where the most people are. The traffic light went red and we stopped as children and adults pass trough the street. From where we are, I can clearly see the guy and the girl. And in my surprise, the guy is…Vince; and the girl is Elaine.

What is he doing here? I thought to myself. I thought he’s going to see Dave.

In a moment they stood there. Vince has his one hand on her shoulder and the other on her face. And in a blink of an eye, they were…kissing. And then the car started moving again.

I cannot believe what I saw! How could he lie to us saying that he’s going to see Dave when in fact he’s going to see Elaine! And why were they kissing!? A sudden mix of anger, disappointment and hurt came to me.

But in the end…I am hurt.

I didn’t want to go home. So I asked the driver to drop me off by the bookstore. And he did. I spent hours there. I tried not to think of what saw at the park but it keeps haunting me. I’ve finished seven of the ten books I bought just to divert my mind to something else. I didn’t notice that…it was almost sunset.

I left the bookstore and started walking. I just stare into blank space as I walk, letting my feet take me wherever it want to go. I don’t know if I could come home either. Pictures of Vince and Elaine at the park flashed into my mind.

The sun has already set and yet, I’m not home – not even close to home. In fact, I don’t know where I am right now. As I walked, droplets of rain started falling down. But… I didn’t care.

As moments passed, my vision starts getting blur and the world seems like its spinning off in my head. I suddenly remembered, I was sick last night.

And in a snap of a finger, everything blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vince:

A call from Dave woke me up.

“Dude, what’s your problem? It’s early in the morning!” I said my voice still sleepy.

“Don’t yell at me! I found out something, dude. You’ll be shocked.”

I rubbed my still sleepy eyes. “What is it?”

“Remember those pictures of you and Elaine after your engagement with Liz? The one that created so many issues back then?”

That’s when I got into my senses. “Yea, why?”

“I know who was behind it.”

My eyes widened. “Really? Who?”

“Meet me at the park. I’ll tell you everything there.”

Call ended.

Who could that be?

In my eagerness to find it out, I rushed myself downstairs. As I run down, a voice called me.

“Vince, sweetie. Would you like to come with us?” It was Grandma.

I turned and my eyes met with Liz’s. Then I asked, “Where?”

“I’m having my check-up. And we’ll head to the mall afterwards. It would be a great bonding for us. So, you coming?”

I didn’t answer instantly. Why? Because Liz is coming with Grandma, and if I come too, I’ll spend more time with Liz. But, I really wanted to know what Dave is going to say.

“Sorry Grandma.” I said. “Dave and I have something to do.”

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow as if telling me to cancel my appointment with Dave so I muttered, “This is important.”

I hurriedly ate my breakfast, took a bath and put on clothes.

After approximately 25 minutes, I arrived at the park and saw Dave sitting by one of the benches there. I approached him and said, “Hey dude. So tell me…who is it?”

I sat beside him and opened a brown envelope. He took out the pictures and the receipts where the pictures were printed.

The receipt was dated the same as my engagement with Liz. It was transacted at Picture Perfect Digital Photo Services and was named to Elmer McCoon.

“Who’s Elmer McCoon?” I asked Dave.

He handed me another paper. In it was the profile of Elmer McCoon. “He was a professional photographer.”

“He’s the one behind all these things?” I asked. “But why would he do that? I don’t even know him!”

“Well, practically…yes, he was the one who took those pictures and had it printed at Picture Perfect. He was also the one who sent it to your Grandma and to the media.” He explained. And then, he continued. “But, there’s this someone who hired him to do that.”

“Who?”

He took a deep breath first. “You won’t believe it. It’s…Elaine.”

My eyes widened in surprise. “Elaine!? Are you sure dude?”

He nodded.

“B-but…how did you know that?”

“I had my Dad’s people to investigate. They found out from the telecommunications department that the call this McCoon guy had that day was only from Elaine and no one else. My investigators also interrogated him and he affirmed.”

My forehead creased. “Why would she do this? What’s her intention?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. Ask her.” He looked at his watch. “I have to go dude. I’ll be meeting Louisse at the cinema. Don’t want to be late.”

My eyes widened and he nodded, “Yea,” he said. “She finally agreed on going out with me.”

And with that, he left.

My knees went wobbly so I sat on the bench, trying to process everything in my mind. Elaine? Why does it have to be her? What does she want? If Dave is telling the truth, it means that she set us up – that she wasn’t really sick that time. And why do the media have to know about it? I’ve got to find out.

In an instant, I grabbed my phone form my pocket and dialed Elaine’s number. After a few rings, she picked it up.

“Hello?” she said.

I took a deep breath first just to compose myself. “Elaine, this is Vince.”

“Oh Vince. Why did you call?” she asked. There was a hint of delight in her voice when I told her who I am.

“Are you busy?”

“Nope. Why?”

“Well…I was just hoping if you could meet me here at the park. There is something I want to tell you.”

There was a brief pause. “Something you want to tell me?”

“Yea.”

“Okay, I’ll be there.”

Call ended.

*****

I waited there for about quarter an hour, staring into nothingness. And after a few minutes, someone hugged me from behind and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” said Elaine. “What is this something you want to tell me?” She was very jubilant at this moment as if she were expecting something good to hear. I just stared at her seriously. “You look…serious. What is it? Tell me.”

She sat beside me and I faced her. Without breaking an eye contact, I said: “What do you think?”

She shook her head. “I don’t know.”

I looked at her more intently and leaned my face closer to hers. “You really have no idea?”

“No?” I moved a little closer to her, still maintaining eye contact. “Stop it, Vince. You’re freaking me out.”

“You’ll be more freaked out when you see this.” I handed her the envelope Dave gave me earlier.

She took it and glanced over what’s inside. As she pulls the pictures out one by one, she looked a bit…nervous. And when she pulled out McCoon’s photo and profile and the receipt from Picture Perfect, she suddenly became pale.

“Do you know that guy?” I asked.

She didn’t answer and gulped.

“I am talking to you Elaine.”

“Who wouldn’t? He’s a famous photographer.”

I snatched the pictures from her hands – pictures of me and her after my engagement with Liz. “I just found out that these photos were his shots. And this,” I grabbed the receipt. “Shows that he had them printed out in Picture Perfect.”

“So? Why are you telling me that?”

“Well…I was just wondering. Why would he take pictures of us and send it to the media?”

She cannot look into my eyes. “M-maybe he wants to make a scene and be noticed in the field?”

“But, Elaine…he is already famous. He doesn’t need to be noticed.” I said. My words must’ve hit her. “And he sent copies to Grandma too. Why would he do that?”

She didn’t answer. Her fist clenched as she grips a portion of her dress’ fabric. “How am I supposed to know?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe someone asked him to do that. Don’t you think?”

She shook her head as she stood up. “I don’t know. I guess?”

“Who do you think could that be?” I said and stood up, too.

“I don’t have any idea.”

“You don’t? Are you sure?” I asked suspiciously. My head was leaned closer to her face.

She didn’t manage to look at me in the eyes. Instead, she took a few steps away from mine. “What are you trying to say Vince?”

I followed her. We were now standing under a tree a few yards away from the crowd. “Quit playing games with me Elaine. I know it was you who’s behind that.” That, I admit, is a bit straight-forward.

“What?!”  Her voice came out weakly. The way I hear it, she must be a bit surprised and anxious at the same time. “Are you accusing me? How dare you!”

She was about to hit me on the chest with her hand but I caught her wrist. “I am accusing no one.” I held her wrist tighter and moved my face closer to hers. “That day, the only call McCoon had was from you. And he admitted himself that you asked him to do that. Now tell me the truth before I lose my mind!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Vince!” she said as she tries to lose my grip from her wrist.

“You perfectly know what I’m talking about! Tell me the truth, NOW!”

She was struggling to pull her hand away.

“Alright! I admit it! It was me!” she yelled as she was about to cry.

In an instant, I let go of her hand. I bit my lip in disbelief. Trying to remain as calm as possible, I asked, “Why did you do that?”

Instead of answering me, she began sobbing.

“Answer me! Why did you do that?!” I admit, I raised a voice there. But could you blame me?

And she yelled back. “Because I love you!” I was taken aback by her answer. “I don’t want to lose you…especially to that girl!”

“And you think that starting those kinds of issues will help?”

She nodded. “That’s the only way I know. To let her know you are mine, to tear you up both in public.”

“That…is lame.”

She cried this time and hugged me. “Break up with her Vince. You are mine…alone.”

I held her shoulders and gently pulled away. “I’m sorry, Elaine. But I’m afraid I’m not.” I cupped her face with my right hand and made her look into my eyes. “I thought I made it clear to you. I love…”

I was supposed to say ‘I love Liz’ but in a split second…she kissed me, which took me by surprise. My eyes widened as she kissed me and my body just froze.

When I noticed in my peripheral view that the traffic light went green, I went back to my senses. I realized that I am not dreaming. Thanks traffic light.

I don’t know how long she kissed me; what I know is that she has to stop it…now. And that is why I pulled myself back. And walked away.

“Vince!” Elaine screamed as she tried to catch my attention. “You can’t replace her to me! You are mine, Vince!”

I managed not to look back and just went straight to my car and headed home.

*****

On my way home, I remembered suddenly that Grandma and Liz will be heading straight to the mall after going to meet Grandma’s doctor. So, to make sure that they’re still there, I dialed Liz’s number. To be honest, that was just an excuse. I really wanted to call her but I don’t have a reason to. So, this is one great excuse.

Her phone was ringing but she didn’t pick it up. I’ve tried to contact her for almost a hundred times but still…she didn’t. So I just dialed Grandma’s number.

And as I expected, she picked it up.

“Hello? Sir Vince?” said the voice on the phone.

It was obviously not Grandma. First, because she didn’t sound like Grandma; and second, Grandma doesn’t call me ‘Sir’.

I answered. “Maddie? Is this you? Where’s Grandma?”

“Yes, sir. Madam’s here in her room, sleeping. I just placed all her shopping bags here when I heard her phone ringing.” she explained.

“Oh, I see.” I replied. “How about Liz? Is she there?”

“No sir.”

My forehead creased. “I thought they were together? They left together this morning.”

“I don’t know sir. Miss Liz was not with Madam when she came home.”

Where is she? Right! I’ll find her. Besides, it is not good for a girl to be alone. Another excuse. I just really wanted to be with her. “Okay. Bye.”

And then I hung up.

Again, I tried to contact her but she didn’t answer. Her phone was ringing; she’s not just picking it up. I wonder why. Her phone must be on silent mode. But she should’ve felt it vibrate. Maybe her phone was snatched. The snatcher would’ve removed the sim card right after he got it. Well, she must be busy. With what? Or maybe simply she doesn’t really want to answer my call. Now that’s realistic. But why?

A brilliant idea came into my mind. Tracker.

I used my mobile tracker and traced her location at the very moment. Her location: bookstore. Great, now I know where to go.

Unfortunately, there was an accident that caused a heavy traffic. It took me – what – almost forever before I could advance my car only an inch. That’s how traffic it is.

The sun had already set when I arrived. And, yes, she’s not there. I looked outside and I realized that rain has just started pouring. That made me worry. Knowing Liz, she didn’t like the rain; and I was thinking that she might be somewhere else when the rain pours harder. She was alone, I presume, and she’s not bringing an umbrella – which also made me worry because she might get into the rain and get sick again, knowing that she was sick last night.

I picked up my phone again to use my mobile tracker but…it cannot trace her. Her phone must be turned off that’s why the tracker cannot detect it.

Sigh. Where are you?

And because I worry too much and I care about her too much, I decided to drive around the possible places she might go or pass and looked for her. After hours of searching, I haven’t seen any trace of Liz. And because of that, I decided to go home. Besides, Liz would be smart enough not to stay outside if there is a heavy rain to come.

*****

I got home at around 8pm and the first thing I did was to ask Maddie if Liz is home.

“Uhm, sorry sir but I haven’t seen her yet.” Maddie answered. “Why don’t you check her room? She might be there and I must’ve not noticed.”

I simply nodded.

My worry doubled when I reached her room. It was empty – meaning, she’s not here. The rain was going wild outside and she’s still not home. I think I’m going crazy. She must be terrified right now – that’s what I thought.

I rushed downstairs and sat by the front door steps of the mansion. Right, I’m going to wait for her.

For hours, I’ve waited. But…no one came.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOOOOO?! HAHA!

I really am dying to know what your reactions are! LOL!

Poor Liz...where could she be?

You know who's fault it is? ELAINE's! RAWR! BTW guys, i've finally found the b*tchest of all B*tches! if you want to know, watch Peach Girl, a Japanese anime. You'll definitely hate Sae (the one) more than Elaine! I swear! I almost curse her..No, i already cursed her.

Please vote, comment or fan if you like! hehe I really wanted to know your reactions!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

89.3K 2.3K 19
What if Nico fell in love with Thalia? And what if Thalia felt the same way too? Would they go against the odds? Or will they have their love story r...
17.9K 891 25
She didn't predict it. She didn't know. She had no knowledge about it. She didn't even have the slightest idea about it. All she knew was, she was go...
3.4K 258 15
Two best friends who lived opposite lives. Him being the son of a MC member and her being her family's pride and joy. They never had the chance to sa...
4.2M 72.9K 78
he wasn't supposed to be intrigued by her innocent nature and she wasn't supposed to become bedeviled by his snap and senselessness. he thought he wa...