Deadly Wings [IN EDITING]

By funnybear12

"Don't move." His husky voice spoke below a whisper, my shoulders pressed against his muscular chest. I relax... More

Copyright and Warning
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11

Chapter 10

9.4K 523 106
By funnybear12

Edited.
Comment as you read :)
*************

Chapter 10

I had been standing in front of him for what felt like ages. "I can't help you and you can't help me."

"You have no idea what is going on my side." The Anater looked pained, his eyes swarming with what seemed like hatred.

I stood rigid, scared he would lash out if I moved. "I can't help you. And I don't want to. I want to kill you and you want to kill me. That's how things go. We don't 'help' each other."

He chuckled, tilting his blond head slightly to the side. "You don't get it. That Fallen demon I just killed back there, he's going to wake up. He's seen you. He won't stop looking for you and he definitely won't be alone."

"L-Looking for me?" I looked up, startled. "What does it matter that he finds me! H-He probably thinks you've taken his d-dinner from him."

The Anater ran his hands through his golden locks. "This is much bigger than you think. For some damned reason, you're wanted."

"Wanted? By who? Who would want me, I'm just-"

"Drop it. If you want to survive, you're going to shut your mouth and do as I say. Is that clear?" He seemed frustrated, but not by me. He looked away from me, his hands held into fists by his side.

My mind wandered back to Dad, to Kaila and Derreck. Would they miss me? Would they be looking for me? I looked downwards, to my worn boots. I can't ask myself these stupid questions, when I know the answer. I'm already dead to everyone.

Keeping my eyes casted down, I opened my mouth to speak. "How can I trust you? How am I supposed to believe you?"

The Anater crouched down to his knees, reaching behind his backpocket to protrude my small handgun I had left in the field where he had taken me captive. He slowly let it drop on the mattress by my feet.

"Trust me, I'm only trying to save myself here. And that means keeping you alive." His response was stern, a chill running down my spine.

I reached for the gun slowly, afraid he had tricked me into reaching for it, only to have my neck snapped in the process. Once I held it sternly in my hand, I opened my mouth to ask him a burning question. "What am I supposed to call you?"

He backed away, getting up from his crouch.  "You don't call me anything."

"What was your name... before?" I mumbled.

"Irrelevant."

I looked up, meeting his gaze. "Ash."

His brows furrowed, confused, "What?"

I swallowed down my fear, pushing myself against the bookshelf beside the mattress. "It's the color of your eyes. Ash."

The blond looked startled, almost unresponsive. Was it wrong of me to name him? He wasn't someone who deserved a name. But his eyes... were the first thing I could pinpoint about him.

They were clouded with the color of dark grey. Like ash, it covered something underneath. There were times when I thought a small tint of blue crept into the usual dark tones of his irises. Ash. Like dust covering ruins, gems, secrets.

'Ash' turned away, the muscles of his back visibly tense. I could hear him scoff mockingly under his breath. I watched him move around the corner of the library, grabbing the backpack from the floor and checking the containers trashed on the floor.

He set the backpack to the side and zipping it up before throwing it over beside my feet. I stared at him, confused. 

"Get some sleep. We're leaving before dusk."

I looked down at the gun in my hands. "I could shoot you."

Ash chuckled. "You really are a stupid girl. I already told you I'm immortal. Don't test me, sweetheart, you haven't seen what I'm capable of." He pointed down at the mattress. "Sleep."

I stayed pressed against the bookshelf, not letting myself take his words to granted.

He looked me straight in the eye, unflinching. "I could've tried something on you a while ago, but I didn't."

His darkened gaze burned through my subconscious, and I automatically crept towards the bed, my eyes never leaving his figure. I slowly lowered myself onto the stiff mattress.

Ash only grinned satisfyingly and turned away, looking out towards the wide sealed glass windows. He lowered his elbows towards the railing, looking out towards the abandoned and darkened street.

I hadn't noticed how dark it had gotten inside the building and outside, suddenly feeling as if the Anater but a couple feet from where I laid would jump over and attack me.

I felt the familiar feeling of fear build up in my gut, desperately wanting to be safe in the arms of my family.

I missed them. I missed them so much I felt like I wanted to rip my hair out and scream on the top of my lungs. I missed Dad's warm smile, Kaila's empowering laugh, and Derreck's awful, corny jokes.

I hadn't realized tears prickled the side of my face, the burning in my throat growing as I wanted to sob.

I rolled on my side and slid the handgun closer to me, for safe keeping. Ash didn't seem to mind, his stature kept rigid as he looked outside, undisturbed by my muffled crying.

Was I ever going to see my family again? Would I even ever be able to escape? What kind of sick, twisted Anater was he? 

What did he know that I didn't?

*********

My heavy eyelids flustered open, the blurry surroundings coming into view. My eyes rolled over to where my hand lay, on top of my handgun, to the large windows, to the ceiling, all the way across the room, where the bookshelves were situated.

I jumped up, startled, feeling as if my breathing was simplified to breathing in a straw. My throat closed up, and I felt the urge to cry again.

This wasn't a dream. The Fallen angel. Kaila. The capturing. All of it was real.

Abruptly, I scrambled to my feet, grabbing the backpack before searching its pockets for any other weapon. I strapped the pack over my shoulders, carefully raising my firearm as I advanced towards the bookshelves.

I could tell it was still early morning, the sun barely peaking from the horizon, creating dim lighting when I advanced through the rows of books, one foot in front of the other.

Now, where was that door?

Surprisingly, I found the glass door leading to the hallway. I pulled it open, stepping out of the library.

Something didn't feel right. Ash was so convinced on keeping me here last night, and now, I easily slipped from his grasp. It was almost as if he was letting me leave. My stomach turned.

I continued through the hallway, running rather than walking. I slid down the stairs, which, at the end of the familiar long white hall, I could see the grand entrance doors of the building, and the empty streets through the windows.

Looking over my shoulder, I lowered my weapon, advancing towards the doors until I could almost pull them open.

I was almost surprised to know that nothing held me back when I opened the glass door and walked out. I was expecting him to pull me back and chain me back on the mattress.

Maybe he was finally letting me go? Perhaps he had realized he had made a mistake. I am not the one he needed to keep safe from his kind.

I hurried down the stone steps, onto the streets. The sun light gingerly peaked around the buildings, the streets now less dim then they were before. It wasn't until I was tranquilly making my way through the abandoned Wall Street, that I realized how dangerous the territory I was walking on was. This was Anater territory, and unlike Ash, they wouldn't flinch to kill me on the spot.

I cornered the buildings instead, refusing to walk out on the grand street where passing Anaters could swoop in and grab me. I was halfway down the street, ready to head down an alleyway, when suddenly, something crashed in front of me. Or rather someone.

It was the most heartbreaking moment of my life to look back into those familiar ashy grey eyes, a grim smile on his lips, his dark and broad wings creating his body image three times mine.

"You're up. Good." He clutched my wrist. "Let's go."

I wanted the tears to spill from my eyes, but I set the sadness and feeling of shattered hope locked deep into my mind, and concentrated on my anger. I rose my gun. "Do not touch me. Let me go or I will shoot you. I've shot at you once and I can do it again."

"You missed last time." There it was, that evil glint of amusement in his eyes. Does he enjoy pain?

"I'd be sure not to miss this time." I set my finger on the trigger. But before I could pull the trigger back, his other hand grabbed the gun, twisting it so my wrist would do the same. My wrist angled awkwardly, I let go of the gun, pulling my injured hand towards me as I bit down tears.

He pushed the gun into his pocket. "On second thought, I'll be keeping this."

Instead of grabbing my wrist and dragging me around like he usually did, he pulled on my waist, my chest colliding into his unexpectedly and I felt my feet leave the ground.

Automatically, I looked away from the extending ground, instead clutched on tightly to his shirt, my eyes closed.

Please don't let me fall. Please don't drop me again.

"You can open your eyes, I won't drop you." Upon peaking my eyes slightly open, I could see him look down at me in the corner of his eyes. Except this time, they represented a calmer light blue, though the ashy grey color still dominated around his black pupils.

"Where are you taking me?" I had to almost yell out the question, the flapping of his wings now stronger and speed faster.

He looked forward. "Out of the city. They know I'm already gone, and I'm pretty sure it has already been reported that I took you with me. They'll be trying to bring me back," he shifted his gaze down to me. "And definitely be trying to kill you."

I swallowed to moisten my dry throat. "You've got the wrong person! I don't understand wh-"

We dropped altitude slightly, earning a yelp from me and smile from him. "Wrong person or not, you're still human."

He was very good at avoiding my questions. But he was right. Whether I believed him or not, I was still fresh breakfast.

I didn't say anything after that, only turned my head into the crease of his shoulder blade, away from the harsh wind, my fists twisting more of his clothing for support. I could feel the muscles of his arms clenching around my waist, as if he knew I was scared of falling.

I eventually relaxed somewhat into Ash's arms, my forehead resting on his shoulder.

An Anater and a human. What a strange image.

**************
Leave a comment and of course A VOTE!!

How was that? You liked it :)?
And yes! He finally has a name (well only Tori calls him like this.)
Ash does have a real name, a name given to him in heaven, but he refuses to call himself that, knowing he isn't worthy of it.

This book is really getting along, I'm proud at how far it has gotten. Thank you angels!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.1K 2.3K 28
"Stay still." He took his sharp talon and moved aside a piece of her blonde- practically white- hair, still damp from the bath, and tossed it over he...
1.8K 75 22
This happened way before Lucifer became a fallen angel and the King of Hell. Let's go far back to the day he met an angel that took his breath away...
1.3M 36K 55
His pupils dialate and a smirk shudders my whole body just looking at it. He lowers his head and burries his head in my neck. A slight gasp leaves my...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...