insecurities » malum

By officialmalum

"i'm not pretty calum." "michael, i swear to god, you're the most prettiest human being i've ever laid my fuc... More

blurb
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
epilogue

fifteen

2.5K 127 137
By officialmalum

michael sighed as he opened his closet, trying to find something decent to wear for school. he decided that he wanted to wear his pastel pink oversized sweater, his white skirt and his white knee high socks that had small pink hearts on it.

michael tugs at the sleeves of his sweater as he stared at himself through a mirror. a part of him thought that he looked pretty in the outfit, but michael thought that he wasn't pretty enough to be wearing these clothing.

he wanted to be confident and show that he didn't give a fuck of what people thinks of him. but sometimes, his insecurities gets the best of him. he ran his fingers through his faded dyed hair, it was now an ugly pinkish color and michael now wonders if he should dye it a pastel color or just black.

michael's emerald eyes teared up as his gaze fell on the ugly bruise on his knees. he couldn't be, he won't ever be and he will never be as pretty as alice. and it hurts him too much to know the truth.

wiping away his tears, he quickly changed into a matching gray nike sweatpants and sweatshirt but hated how it felt and looked on his body instantly. he wanted to wear frilly pastel colored skirts and wear pretty crop tops. he wanted to look pretty, but he couldn't even look pretty in his normal clothing so what's the point?

;

michael jogged to school, praying that he could at least loose some weight as he did. he earned some judgmental looks and whispers about him as he walked towards his locker, only to be met with a frowning luke.

"what's wrong, mikey?" luke knitted his eyebrows as he looked at michael up and down.

michael squimed, bowing his head and just shrugged. luke slides a finger on michael's chin and forced michael to make eye-contact with him. and luke has never been so shocked once he was met by a dullish green color on michael's eyes.

"michael," luke sighed sadly, "what's wrong?"

michael just shook his head before squatting down and opening his locker where there was a picture of him and calum attached on his locker door, making him smile a bit but then frowned when realizing how ugly he looked in the picture.

michael was met by honey blond curls and fluffy raven hair as he stood up, and both were slightly shocked when seeing michael's outfit.

"kitten, are you okay?" calum furrowed his eyebrows and scooped michael up in his arms.

michael just wrapped his small arms around calum's neck and buried his face in calum's chest, holding back the urge to cry as he was uncomfortable in the clothing. he breathed in calum's scent and somehow managed to calm down. calum rubbed michael's back soothingly, and gave a questing look at luke and ashton but both just shrugged.

"mikey, you know you can tell us anything, right?" luke asked as he held his boyfriend's hand.

michael nodded and calum kissed his forehead softly and michael whined softly when hearing the bell ring.

"you have a class with ashton after this right?" calum questioned, pecking michael's cheek.

"we have english together." michael informed with a soft voice and ashton nodded in conformation.

"c'mon mikey, let's get to class." ashton smiled, kissing luke's forehead before offering michael to hold his hand. and michael did, only for comfort though, but luke doesn't seem to mind.

;

michael was somewhat traumatized of the school stairs. he didn't want anyone pushing him off of the stairs again. so he waited until the stairs were sort of cleared before he rushed down and sighed in relief when he made it back to his locker in one piece.

"it's about time you stopped being a faggot!" alice mocked loudly from across the hall, earning snickers from some students.

michael's cheeks turned red in embarrassment and bowed his head, wishing he could just disappear. of course she had to ruin his day.

"and you're too blind to even realize how fake you are." calum yelled and the hall went silence, everyone staring at the two. michael's head shot up as he recognized calum's voice, a grin on his lips as calum quickly pecked his lips.

"excuse me? that's not what i heard when you were dating me!" alice responded with a smirk playing on her lips. michael's heart clenched and as he was about to leave, calum grabbed his hand and pulled him back, causing him to stumble slightly.

"yeah? well at least i don't blackmail people to be in a relationship with me!" calum yelled in frustration, and michael tilted his head in confusion. alice glared at calum, her long nails digging into her own palm.

michael was beyond confused by now, did calum not date alice because he wanted to? but michael shook off his thoughts.

"why don't you tell everyone why i was forced to date you," calum challenged, "go on, or do you want me to tell them?"

alice opened her mouth but closed it again, closing her eyes for a minute as if pondering for a comeback.

calum rolled his eyes and took her silence as a green light, "she heard me talking to ashton about how i was gay and i wasn't ready to come out yet," calum paused and michael intertwined his fingers with calum's, "and she forced me to date her so she won't tell anyone."

then it was all clear to michael now, but he was now furious with alice for forcing calum to date her. who would anyways? michael clenched his fist as he looked over at alice with cold eyes.

alice gritted her teeth and stomped over to calum, lifting her hand up to slap him but michael caught her hand and pushed her backwards roughly making her fall backwards with a loud thump and michael pulled calum away from the nosy crowd.

"mikey, i'm sorry for bringing you into this mess, i just-" but michael cut him off by pressing his lips against calum's softly, placing his small hands on calum's chest.

"you should've told me the whole story, calum."

;

"calum?" michael whispered, tugging calum's sleeve as calum strummed on his guitar after school.

"yes princess?" calum responded, a small smile on his lips as michael repeatedly pressed kisses on his cheek.

"kisses?" michael asked cutely and calum put his guitar aside, pulling michael on his lap.

"only for my kitten." calum whispered, his lips softly on michael's and his hands subconsciously made its way to cup michael's cheeks. michael added some passion into the kiss and pulled away after a few seconds to breathe.

calum licked his swollen lips before snuggling into the crook of michael's neck, "let's take a bath together."

"what?" michael squeaked, and calum lifted his head up so he could meet michael's eyes.

"no, not like sex. i meant like literally just take a bath together." calum informed and michael sighed in relief before hesitantly nodding.

"i got bath bombs from lush." calum added and michael's eyes lit up, instantly pulling calum to the bathroom, opening the faucet so it filled the tub with warm water.

"you buy bath bombs too?" michael raised an eyebrow and calum chuckled nervously.

"i actually just got them last week, uh ashton wanted to buy them for luke and i thought it'd be nice to buy you some, but i always forget to bring them along with me when i go to yours." calum explain with a light blush on his cheeks and michael cooed at him, pressing a chaste kiss on calum's lips.

"aw, you're so cute," michael beamed, ruffling calum's hair, "best boyfriend ever."

calum blushed at his words and pulled out a basket from his bathroom cabinet, revealing pretty bath bombs.

"i don't know which one to choose, they're all so pretty." michael giggled.

"what about this one," calum pointed to a grey but glittery star-shaped bath bomb.

michael nodded, reaching for the bath bomb and dropping it into the tub, watching it froth and dissolve in the warm water with a vanilla fragrance.

"you first." michael insisted and calum nodded, quickly stripping his clothing and boxers before getting into the water.

"c'mon princess, it feels nice." calum grinned, splashing the water gently, already getting glitter on his chest.

"could you um, close your eyes?" michael asked sheepishly and calum knitted his eyebrows in confusion but did it anyways.

michael quickly undressed and gently got in the water, making a small splashing sound.

"can i open my eyes now?" calum asked and michael muttered a small 'yes'.

"c'mere princess." calum held his arms open for michael and within seconds, michael was in them.

"you're so pretty, kitten." calum cooed as he poured some water on michael's hair, causing some glitter to stick on his hair.

"i'm not pretty, calum." michael frowned and calum raised an eyebrow.

"are you sure princess, i'm-"

"yes, i'm sure." michael interrupted calum, making him frown.

"michael, i swear to god, you're the most prettiest human being i've ever laid my fucking eyes on." calum stated firmly, making michael turn around so michael was straddling him.

"really?" michael squeaked and calum nodded, pressing a loving kiss on michael's forehead.

"yes, and even if you think you aren't, i'm still gonna love you anyways." calum blurted out but blushed red when he realized what he just said.

"you love me?" michael asked in disbelief and calum nodded with a small smile on his face.

michael was smiling so hard that his cheeks hurt. he never thought anyone else could love him, but calum proved him wrong. calum changed almost everything for him.

"do you love me, michael clifford?" calum nervously asked, and michael nodded with a grin.

"i love you, calum hood." michael nuzzled his nose with calum's.

"i love you too, michael clifford," calum beamed, "more than you'll ever know."

---
THE STORIES ON WATTPAD ARE OKAY BUT MY TASTE IN STORIES IS MALUM

ha, i love you if you get the reference. i made it up btw.

opinions on this chapter?

~leave insults for alice here.~

i feel like im going too fast bc last chapter was like michael crying bc alice and this chapter reveals everything,, it shouldve been the next chapter but heart wants to write more malum fluff so

ok so now after the drama is gone, prepare urselves for more malum fluff af. or will there be more drama? will malum stay alive? *cracks a devilish grin*

anywhore, thanks for reading youre all the real mvp

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 334 24
"Are you real?" "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Or Michael is a kitten hybrid who has a rough past. When he was little, he was dumped on the streets...
99.9K 4.7K 41
"Who wants to love a crippled boy who can't even walk?" "I do." Michael Clifford was the exotic boy in school. Nobody wanted him because he strolled...
177K 9.6K 86
[ BOOK I OF THE SPOTLIGHT SERIES ] Where Calum can't seem to forget about the fame so Michael shows him how to be normal. [ a malum fanfiction ] ...
312 47 15
"You're so adorable, you know that right?" "I've been told that." Sequel to: You're My Anchor // Calum Hood