His Unmarked Territory

By xxRandomxThoughtsxx

Read the description or watch the trailer :P -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUt8A-N_Ls Skylar is a orp... More

01 - 'All a werewolf needs'
02 - 'Not so perfect stranger'
03 - 'June and bad chat up lines'
04 - 'Mr Smooth'
5.1 - 'My so-called mate'
5.2 - 'Head over heels and falling... On ice?'
6.1 - 'The un-known visitor'
6.2 - 'The Game'
07 - 'Somewhere in Vegas in bed with a blonde'
08 - 'Alpha, Aggression and Agony'
09 - 'Unwanted confessions'
10 - 'Vicky'
11 - 'Everything's a Game'
12 - 'Greetings little brother'
13 - 'Stupid, Sexy Laugh!'
14 - 'The Lakeland Estate'
15 - 'Gotcha'
16 - 'Moving in- if only for a while'
17 - 'An Awkward Meal'
18 - 'To Lie the Truth'
19 - 'Battle of The Brothers'
20 - 'Under the Dickhead Exterior'
21.1 - 'Messing with the wrong guy's mate'
21.2 - 'Don't Let Me Fall'
22 - 'Love is Love'
23 - 'Shield Me'
24 - 'What. A. Day.'
25 - 'Evie'
26 - 'Bitch Fights and Asking Outs'
27 - 'An Unexpected Kiss'
28 - 'Just Jump'
29 - 'Run With Me'
30.1 - 'Dad?'
30.2 - 'Backup Plan'
31 - 'Morning Angel, Evening Hell'
32 - 'Nothing Left but A Post-it Note'
34.1 - 'Too Little Too Late'
34.2 - 'Let the Games Begin!'
35 - 'The Swap'
36.1 - 'As The Minutes Tick By'
36.2 - 'Game Over'
37 - 'Welcome to my Hell Game - Pick a Card'
38 - 'So The Lion Fell.... 'Shut up'
39 - 'Why Wait?'
40 - 'Epilogue'
Update - 2018

33 - 'Welcome Home Sweetheart'

437K 8K 1.3K
By xxRandomxThoughtsxx

Evie's POV

I kept hold of Sky's hand the whole way through the airport while my father pulled her around, I felt horrible knowing I had been a part of this, but I really had no choice. It was either stay with my father under his protection. Or stay at the pack house, where I could have quite possibly been at the mercy of James... He was my alpha, meaning his command could not be ignored, and let's just say I've heard... *shivers*... stories, of how bad his commands could be, and no we are not talking extra 'wolf patrols' here, more like his personal play toys. He made me sick, and the thought of him wanting that from Sky scares me to death. This is why I couldn't stay with Wes. I had to do something to help her, if I didn't who will?

The plane journey was ruthless, I sat with my arms protectively around Sky as she slept, she didn't realise I was doing this though because I knew if she did, she would have pushed me away. She was still mad at me.

All journey I was thinking about everything, about her, about Klaus her mate which I had heard so much about – him being super-powerful and all. But even these thoughts couldn't keep me from the thoughts of Wesley.

A lone tear ran down my face and I quickly swiped it off, damn my tear ducts! Wesley told me I would cry tonight for him, and he was right. The little as$hole.

Yeah Wesley annoys me, but my annoyance comes from the fact that he hurts me, I don't like the way he loves Sky as a friend. Yeah I'm a jealous possessive bitch. Get over it.

Well actually I guess that isn't so true. I just hate it sometimes when Sky gets all the attention, because she's 'oh-so-beautiful' and gorgeous and funny and kind and smart. I've always been living in the shadow of her greatness and I guess when I thought of my mate. I had always longed for him to look at me the way the world looks at Sky. So it hurt when I found out he used to be in love with her. He says he's not anymore but he still loves her... she's the great one in his eyes too...

I guess you could say him and me are the same in that sense. He's lived in the shadow of his brother and I've lived in the shadow of my best friend. Funny how fate works out ey?

There was only about another hour of the flight left when I felt Sky stir. She opened her eyes after a while but they were still sagging.

"E...Evie?" she whispered in a rough detached way.

"Yes, its okay Sky" I tried to soothe her, as I ran my hand through her tousled hair.

She didn't say anything else and let her eyes fall shut again.

"You have to wake up Sky" I whispered closely to her ear. Most of the pack were asleep now, but that didn't mean they wouldn't hear.

She opened her eyes again and rubbed them purposely, but I could tell by the redness in them that she was fighting a losing battle.

"We're going to land soon" I looked at her raising my eyebrows and then securely placed a little note in her hand. She didn't catch on in her dousy state, so I rolled my eyes and put it in front of her nose.

She frowned at me, obviously still in a mood with me. I sighed to myself as she started to read the small note.

It told her that I was sorry and that I had no choice for my own safety. I also told her that I'd told Wesley where we were going and that he was going to show Klaus, and that they would come and save us.

Tears suddenly started to pour from her eyes, in a stream of silent longing. She scrunched the note up, before looking up at me and mouthing an 'I'm scared.'

I pulled her into my hug and rubbed her back as she cried silent tears. The selfish part of me realized I had missed Sky so much within the last few months. It was nice to have her back even in the circumstances.

The flight time between North Dakota and the UK is approximately 8 and a half hours, so by the time, we landed Sky was properly awake. Her hand was linked with mine as the English landscape became closer and closer with every minute.

I was scared, so I knew she must be terrified. Looking around at the rest of my pack, they were all tense in their seats. We didn't want to do this, we really honestly didn't, but James had the power to make us do this. He's ordered the men to get her, leaving them no choice but to obey his command. It was literally impossible for pack members to go against alpha orders as strong as his.

***What's going to happen to her?*** I could barely form the thoughts within my head, as I directed them to my father. He didn't reply, and his guard went up. He either didn't know, or he had an idea and didn't want me to understand.

From Heathrow to home, there was about an hour's drive, and the whole way Sky spoke to no-one, not a single word.

I cringed as we pulled up at James's pack estate, of course, he was standing there waiting for us – waiting for her. I watched horrified as he came up to our door, but Sky was faster, she slammed her hand down on the car lock and leaned back. He stood there wearing an awful patronizing smile, like a deranged creep.

He spoke a few words, but we couldn't hear as we sat inside the car, but somehow Sky did and as quick as a flash she leaned into the middle of the front seats and pressed a button and automatically all the doors on the BMW locked. I watched in horror as the elders including my dad who had just seconds before got out of the car, where now yanking on the locked door handles in frustration. Sky and I were both frantically looking from door to door, not knowing how long we could keep this up; when suddenly the window James was stood outside smashed open sending the car alarms into a frenzy and two screams to leave our lips, as his hand reached in and pulled the door open.

"Magdalene, I missed you so much" James grinned as he yanked Sky out the car until she slammed into his chest. His arms wrapped around her in a hug and my eyes widened in shock as did - I think, every one of the pack members.

"What the f*ck are you on!" Sky screamed into him as she thrashed about in his arms.

"You've been a bad girl leaving me Maggie, but your back now so I forgive you" He whispered. Has he gone mad?!

Everyone was thinking the same thing.

"I'm Skylar you blundering idiot!" She spat in his face. Bad move. His eyes glazed a pitch black as he growled.

"Don't talk like that Magdalene!" He shouted in her, and we watched in horror as he backhanded her across the face. She fell sideways but with his arm still around her, he was able to just pick her now un-conscious frame up and wrap his arms around her little body.

"MINE!" He growled, his eyes darting around to his pack. We could do nothing but watch as he stepped backward and then as quick-as-a-flash, ran like the wind with her.

My eyes darted to my father who was looking just as confused as I was.

"What are you doing? Go after him! Who knows what he's going to do with her!" I screamed at my father, but he was frozen where he was in shock.

"We can't." The beta finally replied to me with this haunted look on his face. None of us wanted this, but we couldn't do anything to stop him. We all knew that if we followed them, he'd just order us away. We had no chance of helping her, and we knew it.

I watched as the beta's mate ran up to him and threw her arms around his neck.

"He's gone mad!" She cried into his chest, and he wrapped his arms around her in a protective embrace. "He thought that you were bringing Magdalene home to him" She sobbed still clinging to him.

"But he told us to bring Skylar" He frowned.

"Magdalene's dead" I started adding my input into the conversation. Surely James isn't that dumb not to know that!

All the eyes of the people who were left here gave me a warning look as if to say, 'don't say that!' so I bit my lip.

"Now he thinks she is actually Magdalene" The beta frowned and we all nodded. "That girl looks nothing like her..." He trailed off.

"We know he's really lost it, bub. I don't know what's going to happen to that poor girl" His mate continued to cry and I felt my stomach twist with the thoughts of what he could do to her.

"We have to do something" I whispered mainly to my father.

"I know hun, I just don't know how we can."

"Why can't we just shoot him down" I growled annoyed.

A slight smile was on his face for the most of a second, before he shook his head.

"If only it were as easy as that"

"Why is it not!" I growled.

"Alpha's are a lot stronger than you think" he sighed and so did I. I wanted to do something, but I had no clue as to what. I knew Wesley and Klaus were coming but who knew when. Would they be too late? He could do anything to Sky right now. He could be doing something right now. He could break her apart and then them coming would be useless because she would already be... Dead.

Sky's POV

I was feeling weird, my mind was in the state of sleep before unconsciousness. I didn't know whether I was beginning to reach unconsciousness or I was beginning to wake up from it. My mind was made up though when I felt a pair of hands on me, which weren't welcomed by my wolf. I immediately flinched at the touch as it sent uncomfortable sparks of pain through my body. It felt so wrong I just couldn't describe the feeling. It felt as if he shouldn't touch me; like my body was trying to fend it off but not succeeding. My head clicked when I realized my guard was still down, so my wolf was practically screaming 'intruder.' I snapped my eyes open as a full-blown headache hit me like a ton of bricks, but that was put at the back of my mind as I ripped James's prying hands off my face.

"Get your filthy hands off me you pervert!" I cried, and a shocked expression came across his face.

"Don't speak like that Maggie" He murmured and reached out to me again with sad eyes. I slapped it away with more force than necessary, causing him to grab his hand in pain as his eyes widened.

"Don't call me Magdalene then! Are you completely off your rocker?! I'm Skylar S.K.Y.L.A.R" I felt the need to spell it out, as I shuffled to the end of the bed I was now laying on. His face went as hard as stone, and his eyes turned black – The face of a madman.

"Don't say that!" He bellowed, and I shrieked as he suddenly leant forward and grabbed hold of me by my upper arms in a tight grip.

"You're hurting me" I whispered, as a tear ran down my cheek. I watched shocked as his expression softened and his grip loosened.

"Sorry snuggle pop, You know I get angry sometimes," He told me. What the hell, 'snuggle-pop?' seriously?

" I didn't say anything as he leaned into me again. I couldn't lean back anymore I was already backed against the headboard, weirdly though he just wrapped his arms around me in an embrace. I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do. My wolf wanted me to push him away like an unwanted flee, but my brain told me I would be better off allowing him to hold me. If I made a scene, he would turn angry again and hit me. I didn't want that. He thought I was Magdalene, a stupid thing to think, but while he thinks I'm Magdalene, I can live with that. As long as I don't make him angry, then he should treat me like he used to treat her. I just needed time, time for Klaus to come and get me the hell away from him and out of this god-forsaken house. I can do this... I hope.

Ethan's POV

**What happens now?**

**Question of the year right there*** I thought giving Quinn a goofy wolf grin, as we ran back to my house, - in other words our pack house.

**This is a severe situation Ethan,*** He grumbled his thoughts.

**There has to be some crazy person who looks on the bright side of things when times are bleak, and I'm that person** I told him as we slowed our pace when the sight of the pack house came into view.

***Just one of your desirable traits.** He rolled his eyes.

**Yeah? and you love it** I grinned again, jumping in front of him, so he stood face to face with me.

***Yeah I do*** He whispered his thoughts to me and leaned his head towards mine until our wolf nose's touched.

***That. Is. Quite. Enough!** I abruptly pulled away from my Quinn, when my mother's voice filled both of our heads.

Sh*t, I thought to myself as I looked to see my mother in her human form. She wore an expectant expression on her face, with one brow raised and her lipstick covered lips pouting into a womanly snarl.

"Yes, you are in deep sh*t" She snapped, and by this time most of the pack members were turned to listen into the confrontation.

I stood there not sure as to what to say. Even though I had told her I was gay, she had just brushed it off and told me it was a 'phase', and I would grow out of it once I found my mate. She didn't realize that I had found my mate and he was, in fact, a male. I don't think the thought would have ever crossed her mind, but now it did.

"He's" She paused to snarl and point at Quinn like he was a piece of sh*t on the bottom of her shoe. "Is you mate?!"

I swallowed as I began to shake, digging my claws into the dirt as a way of trying to contain the anger, I felt towards my mother.

***Yes, He's my mate mother, so if you ever speak about him like that again you will be sorry*** My thoughts came out accompanied with a growl, as my wolf stood protectively closer to Quinn.

"That's impossible, he's a male and so are you. It's not right!" She spat, and I flinched at the aggressiveness in her tone.

**I love him ma, can't you just be happy for me?**

"Love?!" She snapped "You can't love a male! It's not right, its the devil in you child! so I will not and never will be happy with that!" She screamed, and I stepped back as her words hit me hard. I didn't know what to say to that. No words could develop into a single sentence of reply. I noticed Quinn had changed when I felt his hand on my fur and his naked body pressed against my side. What I didn't expect was his response.

"Now Mrs. Staten I love your son, and know he loves me too, and you can call it wrong and say it's not right, but can loving someone be wrong? Can being so in love with someone of the same gender be so much of a sin, to where your own love for your son can turn to hate? Isn't the bible full of stuff such as 'love thy neighbor as yourself' and all that shibang? And If the big g.o.d. Is the god of love and all, would he hate your son for being in love with me?"

We were all stunned into silence at his surprising controversial statement. My mother's jaw dropped open in utter outrage but couldn't form a response to his questions. On instinct my wolf stepped forward in front of Quinn, to act as human... or wolf shield if necessary.

But instead, I watched horrified, as she fell apart in front of my eyes. I immediately ran to her aid and pressed my nose into her side in an attempt to comfort the sobbing woman.

***I'm so sorry mom*** I told her solemnly, but personally I think this is a little bit over-bored if you ask me. Was me being gay really that distressing?

She threw me an annoyed look but otherwise ignored my thoughts.

"I...Its...not that" She looked up at me with watery eyes. "It's your father, he's taken a turn for the worst."

My eyes widened as her words hit me. I stepped away from her in shock. My father had been attacked by that f*cking pack which took Sky, and his diagnoses had never been good. He had a bleed in the brain, as well as a list of other things. My lips curled in a snarl towards those f*ckers who hurt him. He may be a homophobic, ignorant a$shole but he was still my father. He didn't deserve this.

I didn't want him to die...

Before my thoughts caught up with me I was flying down the street and in that moment, it didn't matter to me if humans saw me. I just needed to see him.

***Ethan come on, at least take the back routes, we're heading towards the main town*** My head snapped to the side only now realizing the presence of Quinn.

I didn't respond; I couldn't, but I followed his orders and went threw the back streets towards the hospital. Of course in my blatant rush, I hadn't thought a single thing threw. So ten minutes later I was standing outside the hospital... completely naked.

*** Let's go get some clothes*** Quinn tried to reason with me, as he stayed in his wolf form jumping in-between cars to stop him from being spotted.

"No time" I growled, and I knew I was right. I could only barely feel my fathers thought waves.

I didn't look back to him as I made my way towards the main entrance. It was late at night but of course, there where many people still milling around outside. When they noticed me their eyes would bulge and then they would swiftly drop their gaze in embarrassed. I realized as I walked into the main reception in my 'birthday-suit,' that one day I would probably look back on this day and laugh my ass off. I took in the looks on each face I passed, each one either openly looking or trying to be subtle about it... I was particularly amused by an older woman with a grey perm and glasses, whose eyes nearly jumped out of the sockets, before her husband covered them with his hand. As I said, I would have laughed if the occasion was different.

"Excuse me, sir? Can I help you?" The receptionist asked as she tried to keep her professional eyes trained on my face, rather than my package.

"I'm looking for Mr. Staten," I told her, and she nodded and looked down to her computer, - but not before giving me a once over first. I tapped my fingers against the counter impatiently, as she looked up and opened her mouth about to ask me - most likely my relation to my father but my stern expression stopped her in her tracks.

"Okay let me just grab a nurse... and some clothes" She muttered under her breath as she pushed herself away from the desk. I would have just gone by myself and follow my father's mind presence, but I realized he probably wouldn't appreciate me visiting him in the nude.

It felt like forever before she came back, but in reality, it must have been about 5 minutes.

I didn't take much note of the clothes I was now frantically pulling onto my body, but what I did notice was the top - and jeans for that matter where a lot tighter than I would typically wear, but that wasn't really something I was too worried about right now. A part of me even sourly thought that maybe seeing as I was going to 'come out' to my father, I might as well look as gay as I can, just to add to the effect.

Yet as I stormed through the halls of the now bustling wards of the left wing of the hospital, I couldn't help but realize with a sigh that even when trying to humor myself, I couldn't get over the fact that I felt like sh*t. No words can really describe the feeling of knowing your family member is so ill, that there is literally no doubt in your mind that they aren't going to be around for much longer. Knowing that in a few days you're going to wake up without a father. That thought alone was enough to make me feel literally sick. Knowing that he won't be there for me when I go through each life stage. He won't be there to cheer me on when my name is called out in the graduation ceremony. He won't be there to wave me off, when I leave for college and he won't be at my wedding... (that's if I could marry Quinn in the first place, yet I doubt he would have come anyway because he wouldn't approve of my homosexuality... but that's not the point) the point is, if I need him he won't be there, if I want to speak to him he won't be there, and if I want to see him he won't be there and as much as we had our fair share of differences in the bigger picture none of it really mattered. Because he was still my father.

By the time I had located my fathers room, the nurse initially there to show me where to go was now long gone and it was only me, myself and I in my fathers corridor, but even knowing this I couldn't help but find my eyes wondering around to see if I could see Quinn, but of course he wasn't here, and a part of me was sad that he couldn't be here. I know I pushed him away last time, but even as I did, I was glad he was there, also thought it was a sh*t way of showing it. I wanted him to hold my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze as my other one went up to open my fathers door. Instead I was left to witness my fathers drastic decrease in condition all by myself.

You knew he was going to be like this... I reminded myself, but it was no use, looking at him now was horrible like a kick in the gut. Seeing his weak smile made me want to cry - an un-manly thing to do and something he would not appreciate from his 'oh so strong and manly son' but it was right all the same.

He didn't say anything as he watched me shut the door behind me and walk towards his bedside.

"Hi dad" I forced a smile as did he, yet mine was forced. "You're not looking so great," I told him with a forced chuckle, which caused him to chuckle slightly too.

"I could say the same about you" He managed to croak out. I couldn't say anything for the moment as my throat became so dry, I had to will myself not to cry. Instead, I just nodded and had to look away.

"Son?" He breathed causing me to look back at him and watch, as he weakly held out a hand for me to take.

"Yes, dad?"

"I want you to" He paused as a weak cough over-took him. "look after your mother for me."

I nodded, unsure as to if I could speak yet, after a few more seconds I was finally able to mutter an 'I will.'

A long time past after that, no one saying anything yet out hands were still intertwined as we sat in a comfortable silence. Even though so much could have been told, the whole 'final words' stuff which no doubt - in the future I would curse myself for not saying, yet sitting here I could think of nothing I wanted to say, because I knew if I did I would be admitting the end, and that was just something I couldn't do.

Quinn crept into the back of my mind sometime during the silence and wouldn't leave. I realized that I went out on a whim to come out and tell him I was gay, and a part of me still wanted to say to him, to let him know about me before he passed. But the conflict was just too big in my head. I just couldn't come out and say it. I didn't want him to die hating me, but I didn't want him to die not knowing either...

I eventually, - after a few more minutes opened my mouth, yet still not sure as to what I was going to say. Just as he began to talk.

"Go ahead" I reassured him, and so he did.

"I... well... I just wanted to say, I'm proud of you son. I always have been" He muttered quietly and refused to meet my gaze, but it was enough. Enough to make the tears I'd been trying to hold back slip from my eyes.

He wouldn't be proud of me when he knew. He would hate me, I couldn't tell him now.

"You're hiding something from me" He croaked out, and I looked at him through teary eyes. "I might be weak and dying, but I can still hear your conflicting frame of mind."

I gulped and looked up at him. He smiled sympathetically at me, and I felt sick. I wanted to tell him... But I couldn't.

In the end, though, he found out what I'd been hiding, and I didn't even have to say anything. He knew everything the second Quinn entered the room. My dad witnessed all the emotions which flowed from me, as he stepped forward and gave me a slight 'I'm sorry I'm late' smile.

I didn't realize he knew until he spoke.

"You love him" I couldn't make out if it was a question or merely a statement, but I felt my face pale in fear.

"He's your mate, I can sense the love you have towards this boy, and the love he has for you" My father croaked and I still couldn't respond, especially when Quinn took my hand gently in his and nodded to my father. I tensed knowing what was to come, for my father to shatter me and for my sexuality to shatter him. Just a few seconds ago, he was confessing how proud he was, and now I was nothing but a disgrace to him, a huge let down... and worst of all, he will die... hating me. Tears began to roll down my cheeks again, but what he said surprised me to no end.

"I accept you, son, Yeah I don't like it, I would have preferred you to grow up and have a wife and kids, but I can see how much you love him, It makes me happy to know that you have, what Sonia is to me." He whispered, and I looked at him in shock, and so did Quinn.

"B...but you hate what we are," I told him, maybe his medications were making him forget.

"Look, son, I don't have time to hate anymore, and quite frankly I never realized a guy could actually love another guy, I thought it was just a lust thing more than anything," He spoke awkwardly before carrying on. "But you proved me wrong son" He gave me a weak smile, before turning his head slightly to look at Quinn.

"Look after him," He told Quinn, and I was so taken aback by his words, that I didn't really take note of his response, but it sounded like an 'of course' to me. They stared at each other for a moment longer than necessary making me slightly suspicious, but then the dreaded 'beep' began and as it went faster so did my heart.

"I love you son, and tell Sonia I love her too" was the last words my father ever spoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368 54 31
Skylar(Sky) is in her senior year of high school. She isn't the most popular girl in school, and she has become the target for the star quarterback B...
202K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
446K 18.4K 61
"Why are you doing this? Why did she put me up with some slut?" he snarled getting in my face. "You are no fit to be a Luna. I should just reject you...
5.7K 216 15
"no matter how hard i will try i will never be a mother to them." i said with a trembling voice. Eve gave me a sympathetic smile. "your my last hope...