Connected (Klaine)

By tuzeref

Kurt transfers to Dalton Academy in Westerville for certain reasons. The first student he meets is Blaine. Th... More

Intro
Timeline
Chapter One: News
Chapter Two: Transfer
Chapter Three: Roommate
Chapter Four: Encounter
Chapter Five: School
Chapter Six: Warblers
Chapter Seven: Coffee
Chapter Eight: Plan
Chapter Nine: Link
Chapter Ten: Closer
Chapter Eleven: Story
Chapter Thirteen: Dream
Chapter Fourteen: Prepare
Chapter Fifteen: Sectionals
Chapter Sixteen: Drink
Chapter Seventeen: Stolen
Chapter Eighteen: Blame
Chapter Nineteen: Avoid
Chapter Twenty: Return
Chapter Twenty One: Video
Chapter Twenty Two: Flashback
Chapter Twenty Three: Visit
Chapter Twenty Four: Epiloge
1.2k+ Reads! 120+ votes! New Story?

Chapter Twelve: Voice

3.9K 115 81
By tuzeref

Kurt
November 22nd
7:00 pm
Dinning Hall

The sound of clanking utensils rang through the dinning hall. People talking about their weekend plans. Most of them involve them traveling to some fancy places that my family would have taken forever to save up for. I looked around at my table. The Warblers. They gave me no attention knowing my small situation with Blaine and music in general. Blaine however, still gazes towards my direction and when ever I look back at him he looks away returning to his conversation with his friends as if nothing happened.

I wondered where Blaine would take me after this. I mean I already agreed to go with him, it's not like I had any choice in the matter. But things got awkward between us during dinner because of what I said before entering the room for my dinner. Across the table, I over heard some conversations, more preferably Nick and Jeff's conversation with Blaine. I kept my head low so I wouldn't be noticed.

"So how are you and Kurt doin?" Jeff asked with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" Blaine responded taking a bite out of his meal.

"You know what I mean."

"What?"

"Did anything happen between you two?" Nick questioned.

"Nothing"

"Then what was it that happened on Tuesday? Why were you two late?"

"We weren't late."

"Oh really entering the classroom just on time is still late."

"Not really. There was one minute left." Blaine stated.

"Not to the Blaine Anderson that is always 30 minutes early..."

"I am not like that!" Blaine said "What do you even want with me?"

"You still haven't answered my original question. Why were you late?"

"I wasn't late. How much times do I need to tell you?"

"Okay then..." Nick grumbled at his technicality. "Why were you barely on time?" he emphasized the barely.

Blaine sighed.  He seemed to give up arguing with the two, "My alarm didn't go off at all and wesortofoverslept."

"Oh really?" Jeff stated sounding sarcastic hearing his last part of his answer.

"You sure that wasn't the only thing that went on?" Nick questioned with a wink.

"Um yes! Nothing happened between us!" Blaine exclaimed in annoyance. "Is that all you want to know?"

Silence.

"Have you made a move on him yet?"

Blaine almost choked on his food at this comment. Trent nearby noticed and asked him if he was okay. Blaine nodded regaining some composure. I was curious and surprised what he meant by it . Blaine liked a person? And a guy at that? I never pinned him to be a person that is gay. Not like I have a problem with that. I am gay my self and I can't deny it. Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone in the school really knows that, unless they are doing a wonderful job of showing they do not care. Well except that one day when I spilled the beans of my life story on some random stranger. The only clue I had was the person was apart of the Warbler. I still haven't figured out who it was and I sort of don't want to. If I investigate too much, it might spread and may be harassed by them. Especially difficult with Blaine next to me all the time. However,  I started to doubt this. Ever since going to this school, no one has ever really said anything to really insult me and who I am. I also saw no bullying anywhere. Maybe finally this was the place that actually abide by their words of "No harassment policy."

"Who?" Blaine said trying to keep his cool.

"You know who I am talking about."

"No" Blaine said trying to finish up his meal and avoided the question.

"No? You sure?" Nick questioned. "You sir are going much slower this time. I mean you tried to ask Jeremiah out after 2 coffee dates."

"Yea what is stopping you?" Jeff stated.

"Nothing." The couple stared Blaine down trying to force the answer out of him. "Okay fine! I am afraid!"

"Really?"

"What do you got to lose?" Trent said joining the conversation after cleaning up his meal.

"Trent, you know why." Blaine said. "I see him everyday."

"All the more reason to tell him."

"That will just make everything really awkward between us if he denies. I might just ruin everything!"

"Ruin what?" Sebastian butted in squeezing into a spot next to Blaine.

"Get away from me Smythe" my roommate spat trying to scoot away towards Trent who was sitting next to him.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked with annoyance getting closer. "What got you so angry with me?"

"You know why." Blaine growled and turned away.

"Smythe stop." Trent glared at the boy.

"Uhgg fine." Sebastian back off a little. "By the way do you even know the guy is gay or not?"

There was a moment of silence here. Blaine opened his mouth to say something but closed it quickly.

Trent confused started to ask, "Blaine w-" but was cut off by Blaine.

"Nothing. And I am not sure. That is why I don't want to do anything. I might make a mistake." Blaine sheepishly said getting up from his seat to put away the dish. "Be right back."

To me this was really weird behavior of Blaine. He would usually answer questions head on and not avoid them. Ever since the thing that connected us with some kind of sensors(what was the point of it anyways???),  he had been more quiet and seemingly blushing more often. It was a tiny bit cute if you asked me.

"Wow he must really like the guy." Nick stated glancing around the table. Sebastian grunted in discomfort.

"Yea, also do you think Kurt will be convinced to join?" Trent asked.

"You know I am right here? Right?" I said out loud. I kind of gave up on the whole eavesdropping thing. The boys looked at me in surprise. "I mean you were talking a bit loud that I could here everything!" I got up from my seat and went to dispose of my dish.

Blaine was just walking back from the trash area when I got there. We gave each other a look before saying anything. "Kurt?"

I faced him. Who did this man like? "Hmm yes Blaine?"

"You seem uncomfortable. Want to leave now?"

It took a moment for me to answer, but I eventually did. "Uhh sure." and put away my trash and followed him. We went passed the Warblers, Blaine giving them a signal that we were leaving. They nodded and returned to their conversation. We both exited the dinning hall and walked down the hallways of the building.

Blaine
7:55 pm
Old Auditorium

I guided Kurt after dinner to small unused auditorium. The size was just enough for like 100 people. The walls and seats were filled with dust and webs. Other then the webs showing its age,  it was beautiful. It was like those theaters they had in the 1900s before movies and cameras were a big thing. It looked all fancy with the carved wood and cushioned seats.

"Whoa..." whispered Kurt admiring the room. "This is cool. Never would have thought this would be in some school in small state of Ohio..."

I was happy that he enjoyed the view. Smiling I said, "Yea... Wes told me about this place since he is graduation this year. It was part of his tangent of the history of Dalton. Apparently this very room was from 1940s and renovated in 1980s. But since 10 years ago they built a new auditorium to be able to fit more people, this place was left unused."

"Really? Why not demolish it for its reusable parts and resources?"

"Yea.. I don't know to be honest. I asked him same thing last year. Never got that answer."

Silence

"Uh Blaine?"

"Yes?"

"Why did you show me this?"

"Hmm.. I wonder. "

"Seriously... "

"Sing something for me " I blurted out.

"What? "

"To be honest I didn't care what you said earlier about it being impossible. It is possible and you need to believe it. Believe your self. Have courage to stand for what you love. Anyways it's only me going to here it."

"But.. "

"Kurt I won't hurt you. "

Silence

"Please just try singing just one song."

"You go first" He stated. "Its only fair."

"Fine." I pulled out my phone and selected a song I thought might fit.

Only you
Can do make all this world seem right
Only you
Can do make the darkness bright
Only you and you alone
Can feel me like you do
And do fill my heart with love for only you

Only you
Can do make all this change in me
For it's true
You are my destiny
When you hold my hand I understand
The magic that you do,
You're my dream come true
My one and only you

Only you
Can do make all this change in me
For it's true
You are my destiny
When you hold my hand I understand
The magic that you do
You're my dream come true
My one and only you

When my song ended, I looked up at Kurt. He was not making any eye contact with me. "Cool.." was all that slipped out his mouth.

"That is the only thing you got to say? Cool? " I questioned with a chuckle raising an eyebrow. "I know it should be more then that. I mean I am the lead singer of the Warblers." I smirked at him, "Just know this was an exclusive performance of the one and only Blaine Anderson!" I walked closer to him winking. Oh gosh now I was flirting with him. "Now it's your turn."

"But..."

"You said after me so....will you?" I attempted my puppy eyes on him.

There was a moment of silence before anyone said word. "You sure? You won't make fun of me? Or hurt me?  Or- " Kurt was shaking badly but I saw behind his trembling an excited smile.

"Yes I am sure Kurt. You'll do great."

"I-i-i... Alright..can you not record it though?" Kurt said with a death glare. "I know what you are planning."

My eyes widened at his statement. How? But before thinking on the thought I said to reassure him once again "I promise"

"Can I choose the song?"

"Sure" I whipped out my phone to look for a playlist. "What will you choose?"

"I Uh.. Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson..."

I smiled at the choice. After selecting the song I made a signal to him to start. "Sorry Kurt but I got to do this." and with the start of the song I also pressed another button.

I'm gonna make a change
For once in my life
It's gonna feel real good
Gonna make a difference
Gonna make it right

Kurt start the first verse with a stutter. I guess he really had been avoiding music all his life. But the sound that came out his mouth sounded... just.... amazing.

A summer disregard, a broken bottle top
And a one man soul
They follow each other on the wind ya' know'
Cause they got nowhere to go
That's why I want you to know

When Kurt got to the chorus his voice started to become clearer. I never really heard such a wonderful voice before.

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
It's time that I realize
That there are some with no home, not a nickel to loan
Could it be really me, pretending that they're not alone?

A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind ya' see'
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me

My eyes started to tear up. He really had the best voice around. I wonder who said he sounded terrible, sounded like shit sounded like ... never mind. I felt sad that he had to go through all of this. He didn't deserve it at all. But now he was singing once again with out care. I was proud of the guy in front of me singing his heart out once again.

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
(Oh yeah!)
I'm asking him to change his ways
(Better change!)
No message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make the change)
You gotta get it right, while you got the time
You can't close your, your mind!

When the song came to an end I was just speechless. I turned off the sound on my phone with tap and slipped it back into my pocket and I started to clap wildly with glee

Kurt out of breath from singing, smiled. A pretty genuine smile at that. "Uh..." he looked up at me with his aqua colored eyes. They were so pretty. "Thank you... It's been a while." and he stifled a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Yea.."

"Will you join -"

"I don't know..." Kurt quickly said knowing what I was going to ask. "Can we leave? I need to finish some homework.."

"Oh yea there was that lap report we had to make."

"Yea..."

"We better do it so tomorrow we can just relax after school." With his nod of agreement I said, "let's go." We set out the room as I locked it.

"Ah Kurt...?"

"Yes..?"

"The song was beautiful."

He went silent blushing wildly. This was oddly cute. I chuckled at his reaction at my comment which made him blush even more.

We walked back to the dorms with me humming the tune of the song he just sang. Kurt is finally changing.

-------------------

A/N

The song that Blaine sang was a random song I found called Only You by Sam Milby. Once again I don't really know this song that well. It just that the song seemed fitting.

Thanks for reading! Comment and vote if you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 99 30
Kurt Hummel has always found his social life at school to be a challenge. His only real friends are in the Glee club. Bullies seem to find a reason t...
5.3K 135 20
Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson were destined to be best friends since before they were even conceived. So it was so surprise when, as soon as they w...
87 0 24
Kurt isn't a big fan of being surrounded by people. His past made sure of that. But letting the new student into his life was probably the best decis...
686 40 26
Blaine Anderson has to leave his friends at Dalton to attend a school in Lima Ohio named McKinley. He meets a great friend and soon enough their frie...