Fighting Blind [Published]

By ElannaMarie

"Answer my question," the mystery man growled but I simply continued to ignore him. Following where the power... More

Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1: Kei Valancia
Announcement For All Of You Lovelies!!
Chapter 2: Kei Valancia
Chapter 3: Ryker Dare
Chapter 4: Ryker Dare
Chapter 5: Kei Valancia
Chapter 6: Ryker Dare
Chapter 7: Kei Valancia
Chapter 8: Ryker Dare
Chapter 9: Kei Valancia
Chapter 10: Ryker Dare
Chapter 11: Kei Valancia
Chapter 12: Ryker Dare
Chapter 13: Kei Valancia
Chapter 15: Ryker Dare
Chapter 16: Ryker Dare
Chapter 17: Kei Valancia
Chapter 18: Axel
Chapter 19: Kei Valancia
Chapter 20: Ryker Dare
Chapter 21: Kei Valancia
Chapter 22: Ryker Dare
Chapter 23: Kei Valancia
Chapter 24: Kei Valancia
Chapter 25: Ryker Dare
SURPRISE
Chapter 26: Kei Valancia
Chapter 27: Kei Valancia
Chapter 28: Ryker Dare
Chapter 29: Kei Valancia
Chapter 30: Ryker Dare
Chapter 31: Kei Valancia
Chapter 32: Ryker Dare
Chapter 33: Kei Valancia
Chapter 34: Ryker Dare
Chapter 35: Ryker Dare
Chapter 36: Kei Valancia
It's Here!

Chapter 14: Kei Valancia

217K 9.3K 930
By ElannaMarie

Color Manual

Copper Brown - fear

Dark Lavender - happiness

Red - anger

Dark Green - mistrust

~~~~~~~~~~

We entered the house, the air changing from hot and dry to cool and refreshing.

"Kei, guess what?" Maria jumped out of Draven's arms and gripped my shirt, tugging so that I would lean down to her level.

"What?" I heard her giggle quietly besides my ear, the smell of lilacs filling my nose.

"I met a boy," she said still giggling and my brows shot to my hairline.

"Oh? And what's this boy like,"

"I can't tell you in front of Rav silly. He gets jealous." I heard Draven let out an annoyed groan.

"I do not get jealous. Stop saying that Sis." Maria and I both giggled and I smiled brightly.

"Well then. We'll just have to go somewhere more private won't we." I picked her up suddenly and she let out a squeal. "Thankfully, I know just the right place." I turned and began heading out the door until Draven called, "Be careful you two." I waved a hand for a signal that I understood and I went through the door that we had just came through. Setting her down, I gave her a stern look.

"Now, I'm going to shift and you're going to ride on my back. But, make sure that you have a firm grip, okay?"

"I will! I promise," I chuckled and ruffle her soft hair, turning while rolling my shoulders.

"Step back." She did as she was told and I closed my eyes, feeling Rei become excited.

Let's get this show on the road, she yipped.

Please be careful, I said humorously, not really meaning it. We both loved Maria as if she were our own little sister and would die for her.

You know I will. I didn't say anything back as I felt my body reshape into an animal that was the other side of me. I heard Maria let out a breath in awe.

"You're so pretty Kei." I let out a wolfy chuckle and tucked in my legs underneath me to lower myself to her height. I tilted my head in encouragement for her to get on. She clapped her hands in delight before I heard her walk over, her small hands gripping a fistful of my fur and jumping a little to get on. She struggled a bit as I was still quite tall even as I was in this position, but she managed to get on my back snugly. When I was sure she wasn't going to fall off, I stood up on all fours. She laughed brightly before kicking her heels into my sides.

"Let's ride," I shook my huge head before going into a lazy jog. "Faster!" I rolled my eyes but obeyed, going only slightly faster. I felt the cool shade as we entered the woods, my paws hitting the ground with muffled thuds against the bushy forest floor.

"Come on Kei," Maria whined, "You're slower than Grandma Dhalia." Now that was offensive. Everybody knows that Dhalia is the slowest werewolf, aka her grandma, and yet she's comparing me to her? Talk about rude. Fine, if she wanted to go fast then that's what I will do. I stopped and turned my head to look at her.

Maria, wrap your arms around my neck and hold on tight. Whatever you do don't let go, I said through mind link. Her arms wrapped around my neck in a tight grip while burrowing her face into my fur.

When I was sure she wouldn't fall, I faced forward and relaxed my muscles, adrenaline buzzing through my blood. Throwing my head back, I let out piercing howl before launching full speed between trees. Maria let out a screech of surprise that soon turned into loud laughter.

"Faster!" I rolled my eyes.

If I did that you wouldn't be able to keep your grip.

"Awe please?" I heard her pout on my back.

Nope, princess. You're just going to have to deal with this speed.

Which was already a fast pace anyway. I was darting between trees about 70 miles an hour and if Maria was anything other than the alpha's daughter, she wouldn't have been able to hold on. I leaped over a fallen tree, the surprised squeal was lost in the wind breezing past.

Maria clutched tightly to me, pressing her small body to mine as I ran past a small herd of deer, their peaceful moods suddenly splattering with coppery brown of fright. I ignored them and darted passed, feeling that our destination was close.

Hold on tight, I warned her before I burst out into a clearing, the trees disappeared and I knew from memory that a large lake would be spread across ahead of me.

"Kei don't you dare!" She managed to scream before I sprinted and jumped high, the warm sun blazing on my face and the weightless air beneath my feet. This feeling only lasted a second however when I was pulled back to earth and into the warm water. If Maria's grip was tight before, it was in a death grip now.

Her words were muffled as she spoke words under water, bubbles floating up to the surface. I noticed the occasional flashes from the aquatic inhabitants before I started paddling up with Maria still on my back. Once we broke the surface, I felt a slap on the top of my head.

"Kei that was not funny!" I chortled, the sound strange out of my wolf mouth.

Princess, it was hilarious. I felt another slap on my head. Her words were an incoherent grumble as I began swimming back to the shore. Once we were on dry land, she jumped off and landed onto the ground with a muffled thump.

"You can shift now." I did and found myself facing what I could see would be the lake, if the sound of the small waves were any indication.

"Alright, I'm going to need you to get on my back," I told her while bending down on one knee. She didn't spare another second as her body hopped onto my back and I grabbed hold of her legs that were wrapped around my midriff before I started walking closer to the water. I let my powers flow around me as I pieced the picture in my mind of our surroundings. Large boulders lay just a few feet to the right of us, the lake large while the air began to cool as the sun set. From the corner of my eye I saw the flicker of something in the woods but instantly recognized it as one of Draven's men before taking a running start and jumping up high, all the while Maria's small arms wrapped around my neck in a tight choke hold. Landing gently on the boulder, I pried Maria's fingers off and sucked in a breath.

"Maria keep choking me like that and you'll end up killing me," I joked, poking her lightly in the ribs. She squirmed in my arms before pulling away from me.

"That wasn't funny," she began pouting once again and I laughed.

"Princess, I have to find some entertainment somewhere," I teased. She huffed and I heard her plopped down. I chuckled and sat down beside her, stretching my legs out and resting on my palms with my arms behind me. We were both silent for a few moments, just enjoying the silence and the sound of the water as small waves crested onto the shore. The cool air of the awakening night made me relax even further, the peace in me almost sacred.

"Do you like my brother?" I tilted my head towards her questioningly.

"Sure I do," was my reply.

"Do you like like him or just like?" Now I turned fully to her.

"What's with all of this all of the sudden? Weren't we going to discuss your little boyfriend?" I noticed her black form shrug, her emotions flashing quickly around her.

"I like you, so if you married my brother I would be really happy!" She faced me and I had to imagine that she was smiling brightly. Or she could have been giving me the dirtiest glare but the happy dark lavender suggested otherwise. I smiled gently at her. I opened my mouth to reply but was interrupted by a ground shaking roar. Funny thing was, it sounded familiar. Turning to the source of the noise, I froze at the black, glittery cloud spreading across the sky.

"Uh oh," I muttered and stood up. I watched silently as the black form stalked its way towards us.

"Kei, who is that scary man?" Maria whimpered quietly and hid behind me. I guarded her with my body and clenched my jaw.

Why is he here? Anger radiated from the man, the taste of sour lemon filled my mouth at this feeling.

"Kei, you have some explaining to do." Ryker stopped about ten yards away from the rock that we were standing on, the red intensifying with each second. I crossed my arms defiantly.

"I don't have to explain anything," I spat, my own annoyance rebelling against him. Of course, that may have been the worst thing that I could have said given his feelings at the moment but I was still a little bit tiffed from earlier. His loud growl was full of anger and menace, a loud promise meaning that I would regret it later.

"I am your alpha. You either obey me, or you will be punished." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Oh, so now you're going to play the alpha card aren't you? Fine alpha," I spat out the word as if it was the most disgusting thing on earth, "I don't really care that you're my mate. If you continue on being ill mannered and insufferable, then I won't take the time to deal with you until you want to actually have a real conversation with me. So why don't you go back and chill a bit so that we can have a calm conversation." His power surrounded us, trying to make me submit but I stood my ground and glared at him icily. Emotions flashed, ranging from awe to glowing rage.

"You infuriate me so much sometimes you know that?" The glittery blackness was reigned back in until it was now a tame flicker. "Fine, when we get back I want a full explanation of this and I will not back down on this either." His words held a finality to it that I knew if I objected, he would get angry again. But that's really not surprising anymore though. Sighing, I nodded.

"Alright King. I guess you deserve this much at least," Turning my back on him, I bent down so that I was level with Maria. "I'm sorry, we're going to have to cut this trip short."

"It's fine," she leaned closer. "That man is mean." I threw my head back and laughed.

"Awe sweetie, he's just mean because he doesn't get his daily dosage of sass. Now let's go back," I told her gently. She agreed happily and I picked her up and we dropped back down to the ground. I ignored the looming figure behind us and noticed other figures in the woods. Shaking my head I set her down.

"King, wait for me back at the pack house. I need to drop off Maria." I was suddenly gripped by my shoulders and turned around, now facing his looming form.

"Every time you order me around like this, I get fed up beyond belief. Do you know how much I hate being ordered around?" he whispers the last part in my ear, causing goosebumps to appear on my skin. I raised my hand and cupped his cheek.

"But do you know how much I love getting you all worked up?" I smirked and turned away, taking a few steps away from him before shifting. I bent down to allow Maria to jump on. Once she was settled, I walked to the edge of the tree line before stopping and turning to give a long stare at Ryker. My emotions were mixed about this matter but I knew I would have to explain it all if I wanted him to trust me.

Because the dark green of his mistrust said it all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 98.8K 62
Previously known as 'Ruthless' ❁❁❁❁ He was the most ruthless to ever walk earth until he met her. She didn't know what was heartbreak until she met h...
1M 38.2K 43
Rylan is stubborn. So is her mate. Sometimes fate isn't enough. Sometimes fate is so strong that there is no escape. One thing is for certain thoug...
1M 34.6K 40
Book #1 in The Bonds of Fate Series "Excuse me sirs, but I think one of you dropped something." She spoke, her eyes not entirely fixed on them. Her...
4.8K 209 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...