Cowboys and Angels (A Dean Wi...

By SilverRaine

Grayson had always preferred hunting alone. Ever since her family was killed long ago, she knew she wouldn't... More

Chapter 1: Hey Pretty Girl
Chapter 2: Headstrong
Chapter 3: If You Ever Get Lonely
Chapter 4: Move Along
Chapter 6: Why Am I The One
Chapter 7: My Sacrifice
Chapter 8: 21 Guns
Chapter 9: Stay
Chapter 10: The Great Escape
Chapter 11: Wherever I May Roam
Chapter 12: For My Sake
Chapter 13: Carry On
Chapter 14: Miss Murder
Chapter 15: Some Nights
Chapter 16: A Little Faster
Chapter 17: Just One Yesterday
Chapter 18: The Phoenix
Chapter 19: Apocalyptic
Chapter 20: Dust
Chapter 21: September
Chapter 22: Dirt
Chapter 23: Nashville Without You
Chapter 24: Angel with a Shotgun

Chapter 5: I Dare You

16.9K 417 52
By SilverRaine

Chapter 5: I Dare You

The lobby was quiet when we walked in. The only person within sight was the lady at the front desk. She only glanced up when we entered, turning back to the magazine she was holding seconds later, uninterested. I glanced around, somewhat skeptical. Something didn't feel right. Everything was too dark, too distant. Something was off. The faint throbbing in my head had come back, but now the pain was ten times worse. I flinched slightly, gritting my teeth, trying to ignore it.

Then I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. Glancing back, I found it to be Dean's. He was looking at me, concern flashing in his deep emerald eyes. I gave a small smile, trying to reassure him that I was fine. He nodded slightly, but he didn't seem very convinced. We headed into the stairwell, heading up two flights of stairs and onto the landing.

I pushed the door open, allowing the boys to walk ahead of me. I followed close behind. Dean glanced back at me and I winked, returning his earlier tease. He smiled, turning and tripping over his brother. They both tumbled to the floor. Cas and I burst out laughing.

"Smooth," I giggled slowly clapping. Sam rolled his eyes and Dean turned away, unable to look me straight in the eyes. I offered my hands and the brothers took them. I pulled them up, patting them on the back. Sam rolled his eyes, continuing down the hall. Dean stared at the floor, following his brother. We eventually made it to our room. Sam slid the card through the scanner and pushed the door open, holding it open for the rest of us.

I headed in behind Cas. The room was dark. I ran my hand along the wall, flipping the light switch when I finally found it. Two queen sized beds sat against the right hand wall-- a widescreen TV on the opposite wall, sitting on top of a dresser. A couch along with a desk rested on the back wall. The bathroom sat in the back corner. Dean threw his bag on the back bed, flopping down on it.

"It's been a long day," he mumbled into the pillow, his voice muffled.

"Not really," Cas said glancing at the clock. "It's not even 10 yet."

"You weren't the one driving," Dean retorted turning onto his side, rolling his eyes when the fallen angel shrugged. I sat down on the couch, laying my bag under the desk. Sam glanced at me, flicking his hand towards the other bed, but I shook my head, telling him he could have it.

"How're you feeling," Cas asked sitting down on the other side of the couch. I sighed.

"A little better-my headache came back, but other than that, I'm fine," I replied giving a small reassuring smile. Sam nodded, pulling a medicine bottle out of his bag and throwing it to me. I caught it, reading the label.

"Thanks," I said gently pouring two of the small tablets into my hand, putting the lid back onto the bottle and throwing it back to him. The younger brother nodded, placing them back in their original place. I pulled my water bottle out of my bag, downing the pills as well as the rest of the water.

"Now then," I said standing up, throwing my water bottle towards the trash can. It bounced off the wall and into the bin.

"Nice shot," Dean said sitting up, running his hand tiredly through his hair.

"Thanks," I replied. "Anyway, I'll take the floor." All three of the boys opened their mouths to argue.

"END OF STORY before any of you attempt to argue otherwise," I added hastily. They all glanced at each other anxiously, closing their mouths and nodding.

"Fine then, but if you're tired or you pass out in the morning, we're taking you straight back to the bunker," Dean said eyeing me.

"Alright-- Kevin's not that bad."

"You are one of the most agreeable, but the most stubborn person we've ever met," Sam commented. I shrugged.

"You're welcome," I laughed. Dean smiled, rolling his eyes.

Everyone got situated. I washed my face and changed into a black tank top and purple short shorts, quietly opening the door and walking out, putting my clothes back in my bag. Sam was curled up in bed, quietly snoring. I smiled. How adorable. Cas had made himself comfortable on the couch, but Dean was nowhere in sight. I glanced around, gasping in surprise when strong arms wrapped around me, sweeping me off my feet.

"Shhh," a familiar voice purred in my ear. I relaxed, realizing who it was.

"Don't scare me like that," I whispered, leaning into Dean.

"Sorry. I was going more for surprise."

"Close enough," I retorted, looking up at him, just barely able to make out his beautiful green eyes and rugged features in the dark. He carried me over to his bed, laying me down, making his way to the other side.

"I said I wanted to floor," I whispered attempting to stand up, but he slid down beside me, pulling me back over towards him.

"No, you said you'd take the floor. That didn't necessarily mean that you wanted it," he replied quietly. I paused, nodding slightly.

"Fair point, but I don't think your brother nor Cas would approve of this arrangement."

"Does it matter what they think," he asked.

"Well, considering your brother was flirting with me on the way here, I don't think he'd appreciate it."

"He'll get over it," the older brother scoffed.

"So, you're calling dibs on me," I asked quietly, glancing at Dean.

"I think I called them unintentionally when I first laid eyes on you," he whispered gently running his hand along my jaw. I smiled, flicking his hand away playfully.

"I'm okay with that." He smiled, scooting closer. I rested my head gently against his shoulder, pulling the covers over us.

"Goodnight Dean," I whispered sleepily.

"'Night Grayson."

***

I shaken rather rudely awake in the morning, rolling over, looking up to find Dean looking down at me, annoyance flashing in his eyes.

"Up, now. We've got work to do. More people were killed last night. We don't have much time." I blinked again, clearing my blurry vision, pushing myself up and running a hand through my wavy hair.

"What happened," I asked stretching and sliding out of the bed, grabbing my brush out of my bag, dragging it through my hair.

"A couple was found dead this morning. Their bodies were shredded and their remains were strung up on the front porch."

"That's charming. Give me like 10 minutes. Where did Sam and Cas go," I asked looking around.

"To the police station to check out the campsite murders," the older brother replied attempting to tie his tie. I hadn't noticed he had put on a suit. I watched, smiling as he fumbled with it. I took the fabric out of his hands, easily tying it in one swift motion.

"Thanks," he said quietly, turning away from me, his face bright red, grabbing his hand gun out of his bag and slipping it into his waistband, his jacket blocking it from view. I smiled, nodding and then turning and heading into the bathroom, grabbing my bag on the way. I quickly braided my hair to the side again, putting makeup on in record time before shuffling through my bag for my black pencil skirt and my red blouse. Quickly slipping them on, I ran back out of the bathroom, grabbing my fake glasses from the side pocket of my bag and putting them on before throwing my bag to the side.

"My heels are in the car-come on," I said slipping out the door. Dean slipped out after me, dodging the door and pulling it closed before making his way after me. I flew out the door and down the stairs to my Camaro, slipping into the passenger seat. Dean flopped down into the driver's seat next to me.

"My God, you're fast," he breathed, laughing.

"Not fast-excited," I corrected reaching under my seat and pulling out my black Louboutin heels. Dean eyed them suspiciously.

"I was going to ask you about all of this yesterday, but I forgot..."

"Ask me about what," I asked slipping them on.

"Well... Actually this began when you gave me your credit card. It had your name on it..."

"And?"

"Well... That means it belongs to you-and meaning it comes from a recognized bank account. We afford everything by credit card theft... You actually pay for everything yourself. And it's not like you have a job that pays unless you're a stripper and you didn't tell us... so where is all of this money coming from?" I paused, averting my gaze when he looked up at me.

"Well, first things first, I'm not a stripper-sorry to disappoint," I giggled seeing the disappointed look on his face. "But I kinda come from a rich family... When my grandparents-who were successful business owners, died they gave everything they had to my parents-- who gave everything to me when they died..." I saw shock spread across the older brother's face as he processed this. He opened his mouth to say something, but shut it, nodding instead.

"Sorry... It's kinda just an aspect of my life that I've just looked over. My parents raised me to be modest... I don't really like showing off." He raised an eyebrow at that comment, gesturing towards my car.

"Okay... This was a gift. There's was nothing I could do about that. And don't go thinking I don't appreciate it because I adore this car."

"You and you're Italian red leather seats," he commented, a small smile gracing his lips. I rolled my eyes.

"Beautiful, aren't they," I purred running a hand seductively across his seat, trailing my fingers across the smooth fabric until I reached his shoulder, gently running my hand along his upper body and along his neck. I felt him shiver, his green eyes shining-filled with lust. Smirking slightly, I laid a small kiss to the corner of his mouth. He leaned forward, attempting to kiss me fully, but I rested a gentle finger on his lips, flashing him a smile. His eyes narrowed, a small sigh escaping his lips as he sat back.

"You're such a tease," he breathed starting the car.

"Just drive," I laughed. The older brother rolled his eyes, backing up and pulling out of the parking lot. I buckled up, leaning forward afterwards and opening the glove compartment. I reached in, feeling around until I felt what I was looking for. I pulled out my leg holster, hiking up my skirt and strapping it on. The car suddenly swerved to the side. I glanced at Dean, who quickly averted his gaze, focusing on the road.

"Why," he asked, stealing another glance at me.

"I've gotta put my gun somewhere," I replied rolling my eyes.

"Of all the places..." but his voice trailed off.

"Well, I wasn't gonna put it in my bra," I replied leaning down and pulling my other handgun out from under my seat, putting it into place on my leg.

"That's always an option. And if you ever needed any help getting it out you could just ask," Dean laughed, smirking.

"I guess now I'm obliged to come to you for help next time," I asked eyeing him, reaching down for one of the various water bottles in the floor, feeling somewhat parched.

"Oh, you'll be coming alright," he retorted, smirking. I spit water everywhere, covering my bright red face with my hands. Dean cracked up, rubbing my back.

"I hate you," I giggled.

"I know," he replied playfully. Sitting back in my seat, I turned towards the window, watching as all of the shops and people passed. A few minutes later we pulled up to the crime scene. I unbuckled, grabbing my badge before getting out of my car. Dean followed me and we made our way towards the 'Caution' tape, flashing our badges as we stepped under it towards anyone who questioned out authority.

We approached the tiny whitewashed wooden house cautiously, stepping up to the stairs that lead up to the blood stained porch. Hanging from the porch, nooses around their necks, was a couple. An older man and woman, faces and lips a fading blue color. Their clothes hung like rags on their thin, bloody frames. I grimaced at the sight. A younger police officer approached us, his face grim.

"They sent the Feds for a suicide case," he commented eyeing us suspiciously.

"We just happened to be passing by and thought we'd check it out and see if we could be of any help," Dean retorted rather coldly.

"Well we don't need-," but the younger officer was cut off by an older, rather large officer who walked up behind him.

"Officer Stanfield, please be polite. They are our superiors, after all," he said eyeing us. Dean gave a small nod, and I returned with a rather sideways smirk.

"Agent Sanders, nice to meet you Officer..."

"Officer Williams, sir," he replied shaking Dean's outstretched hand. "And who is this lovely lady?" He turned towards me.

"Agent Brooks-- nice to meet you," I replied quietly, playing innocent, shaking Officer Williams' outstretched hand gently.

"It was very nice to meet you, too," he replied. "Now then, Stanfield, why don't you show them around the crime scene?" The younger officer looked up at us, annoyance flashing in his eyes. I glared at him and he shrunk back slightly, nodding.

"O-o-of c-course, sir," he stuttered gesturing for us to follow him. I smirked, adjusting my fake glasses and making my way after him. Dean followed by my side.

"You're quite intimidating," he commented quietly.

"It's how I get people to listen to me when they're getting on my nerves," I replied, inwardly proud of myself. Dean let out a huff of laughter. Officer Stanfield led us around to the side of the porch, leading us up those stairs, so we could inspect the bodies.

"So, what have you gathered, so far," I asked inspecting the clothes on the victims. I noticed they had dark blotches on them, not just from blood, but also what looked to be smoke.

"Well, to be honest, not much. Their next door neighbor called in a fire at the house and when we got here the inside of the house was ablaze and they were hanging shredded from the porch where they are now. We think it's suicide, and if it was murder, we wouldn't know. If there was any evidence inside the house it was burnt away and we haven't found any outside yet. No fingerprints or anything."

"Mind if I take a look inside," Dean inquired glancing in through the cracked front door.

"Go for it," Stanfield replied and Dean slipped inside.

"What do you think could've shredded them like this," I asked examining the long claw marks that scored both if the bodies.

"Officer Williams thinks that maybe a bear or dog or cat-- basically any kind of animal that has claws, got hungry and attempted to eat from the bodies, but fled in fear of being burnt alive."

"Well, that's a little... out there," I replied raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"That's what I said, but I'm not allowed to argue with my superiors," he retorted rather angrily.

"I've noticed," I sighed.

"Hey! Grayson! Look at this," I heard Dean call from inside the house. I turned, pushing the door open and walking in. The inside of the house was burnt to a crisp. Very little remained. Ash and smoke still hung in the air, coating everything. I walked into the living room. Dean was at standing over something. I approached him.

"Look what I found under the rug," he said motioning towards the floor. I looked down, my eyes widening.

"A devil's trap-- they were hunters."

A/N: Well, here's the next chapter. Sorry for the delay. I started high school on Monday and it's been... Interesting.

This chapter is dedicated to @XxdressagequeenxX for catching onto my Sherlock reference in the last chapter.

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed! (Short note, I know, but I'm tired. 'OTL) So, vote, follow me, or comment!

~SilverRaine/Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854 19 11
There is no absolute. There is no pure good or pure evil. We all have a bit of both inside of us. sometimes one seems to overpower the other, but the...
1.4K 27 28
A young lone huntress tends to herself and kills the supernatural for a living. She has been training herself for years ever sense demons killed her...
13.6K 444 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
11.2K 259 25
Andrea Fe. She knew she was a Nephilim. She knew she was a hunter. When she meets the Winchester boys her life takes a drastic turn. Foe becomes fam...