Cupid's Arrow ✔

Door yuktsakaria

Meet Chloe Wilson, she's like any other girl- funny, nerd, sweet, keeping sarcasm as her middle name, but she... Meer

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 29

47.5K 1.6K 160
Door yuktsakaria

Chapter 29

**

"So you're trying to tell us that you had a sister, Emma, and you didn't tell us because you thought it was your fault and that we'll hate you if we come to know?" Leah asked, trying to process everything I said.

I nodded my head, eyeing her carefully. "Yeah."

"You're crazy if you think that," Alec said, munching his popcorn.

I called all our group members at Leah's house as her parents were out for a week. I told Chase that it's time for them to know as well. So I called everyone and broke the news. They were shocked to say would be an understatement of the century.

"It wasn't your fault. You tried your best," Ryan said, giving me a side hug. I smiled at him.

"Yeah. For the first time I agree with him." Laura pepped in. She came towards me and hugged me.

"Don't leave me alone," Leah complained and hugged us, from my other side.

"Me too." Ashley said. Now, all four of us were hugging each other as a reunion. I laughed and we broke apart. Ashley went to Jason, smiling up to him.

"Okay. So I think we should do something." Jason said.

"What?" Laura asked.

"Let's go for ice cream. I'm kind of craving that." Leah suggested.

"Ice cream it is." Alec chirped. We gave him a confuse look, but didn't question any further. Leah ignored him, walking out of her house. Laura following behind her and Ryan following Laura like a lost puppy.

"Is it just me or something is wrong with the four of them?" I asked, my glance following as they step out.

"I think there's something to it," Jason said.

"Yeah, me too," Chase agreed.

The ice cream parlor was nearly empty. I don't blame them. I mean, winter is coming soon. Who will eat ice cream in winter, except for smarties like us?

"Which one do you want?" Chase asked me.

"Vanilla."

Chase looked at me confuse. "But you don't like vanilla. You like chocolate."

"Yeah, I know." I confirmed.

"So why are you taking van-"

"Do you have a problem?" I asked, challenging him.

"No." He shook his head.

"Good, then." I ordered two vanillas for both of us. All of them gave their orders.

"Here you go." The worker gave us our ice cream.

"Thanks," I reached for the two cups of vanilla and gave one to Chase.

"So, what are we going to do next?" Alec asked, walking close to Leah who was trying to maintain her distance from him.

"Amusement park?" Ashley suggested.

"Yeah. We should go there," I said, excitedly.

"Okay, I don't have a problem." Laura and Ryan said at the same time. They both looked at each other. Staring contest was going on between them.

We drove to the amusement. As soon as we reached, we decided to go on the big rides first as there wasn't any line. We tried various other rides too.

"Let's go to Ferris wheel," Ashley said, pulling Jason with her. Jason grumbled under his breath, but followed her.

"I want to go too," Alec said, looking at Leah with a pleading eye. "Please."

"I don't want to go with you," Leah said. She looked at Laura and smirked. "Let's go, Laura."

"No," Ryan shouted. Laura raised her eyebrow at him. "You will go with me."

He didn't let Leah speak as he took Laura's hand, pulling her towards the next cabinet. Leah's mouth hung opened.

"Let's go." Alec held his hand towards her. She groaned, but accepted it.

"So, only you and I are left," Chase whispered in my ears from behind. I shuddered at the proximity.

"Y-Yeah."

He smirked at me and took my hand in his. We sat inside while the worker locked the door. "I hope you're not afraid of heights?"

"No." I said, looking at him. "Are you?"

"Me?" He pointed at his chest. "I'm not afraid of anything." He dusted the imaginary dirt off his shoulder.

Cocky much?

"Except for horror movies," I smirked at him, wiggling my eyebrow. He sobered up, glaring at me.

"You did not just say that." I smiled amusingly at him. I batted my eyelashes. "You'll pay for this."

"What? What did I do?" I asked, innocently.

Instead of replying, he smirked and cupped my cheeks. My smile disappeared as I stared at him. He leaned forward, not removing his eyes from me. We were only an inch apart when the wheel suddenly came to halt.

I shrieked and jumped on Chase's arms. I clinged on his arm and looked down. "What's wrong?"

When I didn't get an answer, I looked up. He was staring down at me with an unreadable expression. I don't know for how long we have been staring at each other, but when I looked away, the wheel started moving again. We reached the ground and got out of the cabinet.

"It was fun," Ashley exclaimed. "Except for when it stopped." She pouted. Jason pecked her lips while I gagged.

"Let's eat. I'm hungry," Ryan whined. A chorus of yes was heard. I walked behind Ashley when Chase suddenly grabbed my arm. I looked at him, questioning.

"Do you want to play at the stalls?" He asked.

"Aren't we all going to go together?" I asked, confused.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I want to spend time with you," he said, coming closer. "Alone."

I blushed and looked away. "Okay." He grinned and took my hand once again.

We played at different stalls. Chase even won me a big stuff toy. It was cream color teddy bear with a heart attached to it. In a cursive handwritten 'I love you' was printed on it. I blushed furious red when he gave the teddy bear to me.

I smiled shyly at him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He had the same look from the Ferris wheel. I don't know if he's hiding something from me.

A little while later, we meet with the others. They all looked at us with an understanding expression. I blushed and looked away. I hugged the teddy bear closer to my chest. They smirked and left us alone.

Chase drove us home in his car. Today was the best day. As I was about to open the door, he grabbed my arm and turn towards him.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh, I wanted to ask you something?" He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah?"

"Will you...umm..will you go on a date with me?" He asked, nervously. I sat there, staring at him. He asked me on a date. Oh my god! He asked me on a date. What should I do? Should I say yes? Or no? "It's okay if you don't want to. I mean, I'm not-"

"Yes." I smiled.

"Wait, what?" He asked, baffled.

I sighed. Boys these days. "I said, I'll go on a date with you."

"You will?" He asked. I raised both my eyebrow. "Oh yeah. You said yes."

I laughed at his behavior. "When?"

"This Friday?"

I thought for second. Do I have something this Friday? Nah.. "Yeah, this Friday is cool."

"Okay. I'll see tomorrow."

"Later." I got off his car, taking the teddy bear with me. I smiled one last time at him and closed the door. I turned around and see Liam standing there, smirking. "What?"

"Nothing." He shrugged.

"Then, don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" He asked, amused.

"You know what." I deadpanned. He laughed and shook his head. He ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead. I swatted his hand and stuck my tongue at him.

I ran to my room and placed the teddy bear on my bed. I changed my clothes and went to sleep. A big smile on my face. I can't believe Chase asked me on a date. A date? Wow! But what am I going to wear? Even though it's on Friday and today is Sunday, I'll have to think of something good. Maybe even sexy. Let's see what can I do about it, but for now it's better I sleep. School's tomorrow and don't want to look like a zombie.

**

"So? What are you going to wear?" Laura asked.

"I don't know. And anyways, it's on Friday."

"So?" Laura questioned.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked her, suspiciously. I have noticed that everyone is behaving weirdly around me. It's like they know something, I don't. And I do not like it any bit.

"What? Me? Of course, I'm excited. You are finally going on a date with someone." Laura tried to sound causal, but she's worst at it.

"You know, you can't lie," I exasperated.

"I'm not lying."

"When did I say you were lying?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Are you kidding me?" Laura threw her hands in her hair.

"Whatever." I dismissed her and walked towards the cafeteria. My other friends are probably there.

"Come on, Chloe." Laura followed me like lost puppy.

"You tell me what's going on then?" I faced her.

"Nothing."

"Where is everybody?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Cafeteria."

"Let's go then." We entered the cafeteria and saw everyone sitting at our usual table. When I reached the table, everyone was looking at me with a knowing smirk.

"Now what?" I sighed.

"What?" They echoed.

"That's creepy." I mumbled. They shrugged. I sighed again and settled myself near Chase. He grinned at me like a Cheshire cat. Not creepy at all.

**

I'm hyperventilating. I don't know what to wear. I should have gone shopping to wear something for the date.

"Why are you being so jumpy?" Liam asked from the doorway.

"Jumpy? I don't know what to wear for the date. Liam, what if he doesn't like what I wear. Scratch that, I said I don't have anything." I rambled, pacing the floor.

He sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Go down. There is something for you."

I furrowed my eyebrow at him. "Why?"

"Just go." He pushed me through my door. I huffed and went down to see nothing. I walked to the main door and there was a parcel lying near the door.

I took the parcel, ran to my room, passing Liam who was smirking at me. I slammed my door shut and ripped open that parcel. There was note attached to a box. I took the note and opened it.

Chloe, I know you're smart, but when it comes to date and liking, you're the dumbest person I've known. I know that you don't have a dress, so I got you one. It's my choice, I didn't take help from anyone. Well, except for Ashley, Leah and Laura, but that's it. So here a gift from me. I hope you like it. I'm waiting.

-Chase.

Oh my god! He bought me a gift. A dress. I can't believe it. He just so sweet. How did I get so lucky to have someone like him? I squeal like a little girl and opened the box. Another note fell from the box on my lap.

Black suits you more than pink.

-Chase.

Pink? Oh my God! That day in the garden when the boys pranked. He saw my pink bra and...

He still remembers it. I peeked in the box to see a black dress. I picked it up and held through my chest.

After two hours, I'm ready. The black dress that he gave me was beautiful. It had short sleeves with lacy design on it and had a perfect fitting to my chest. From the waist areas, the dress flows down to my mid thigh. I paired it with black wedges and a charm bracelet on my wrist. My hair was perfectly done with lose curls. I applied light makeup along with my strawberry lip gloss. All in all, I think I look good. I just hope he likes it.

I heard the doorbell and my heart went into overdrive. He's here. I took a deep breath. I stood in front of the mirror and tried to calm my nerves down.

"Chloe?" Liam called from downstairs. "Chase's here. Come down."

"Coming." I looked myself in the mirror once, before going down.

I hope you like it, Chase.

**

Woah..

They are going on a date. Finally he had the guts to ask her. Let's see what he does for the date.

For now enjoy. The picture of her date dress is given. Please check it out.

What do you think about this chapter? Let me know. Until next.

Read vote comment. :)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

8.9M 355K 58
Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally revolve around books. She's not shy nor do...
26.9K 568 25
Ashley moved to Georgia from her hometown after realizing she wanted a change in her life. She graduated from NYU in fashion and marketing. Ashley ha...
1.3M 46.6K 40
Highest Ranking : #12 in Humor Category. Rachael is an eighteen year old girl. In fact, she's an adult. But her brother, Michael, still thinks of her...
7.4M 207K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...