One World Away COMPLETED (Boo...

By AztechNeonSkyz

Heather is your ordinary plain as day tomboy. Who finds her way to a secret world. Long forgotten, extinct, a... More

Heather (Or Prolouge or Whatever)
Mom
Friendships
The Waterworks
Scipes'
Spellbound
Glimmer Of Hope
Flame's Core And Lacer's Lab
Dancing In The Moonbeans
Voices
Mind Games
A Traitor A Day (Part One)
A Traitor A Day (Part Two)
The Hotel
Chance
Dark Hallways
Nothing But Trouble
Two-Faced Twosome
Forgotten
Walking Down... Memory Lane
Eye Of The Mirage
Ancient
Enter The Eye
Heather Alone
The Returns
Two Types of Trickery
I'm Sorry
Game Plan
The Endgame (And Epilogue :3)

Snoeshore

49 4 0
By AztechNeonSkyz

No...

"Heather... It's me... Your best friend..."

"No... Flaubert... No... Just-"

"Heather? Snap out of it!"

I snapped to reality like a brittle stick, Flaubert disappeared.

"Hello! Hearth to Heather!" Pepper was waving her hand across my face.

"Wh-what? What happened?"

"I left Sam and the cart with you on the bench in the mall's food area to pick up something. And when I returned you were sitting down alright but you wouldn't stop staring in one area like a possessed Hearthian." Pepper said. Arms crossed, lips pursed, right foot tapping impatiently. Not a good sign.

"Sorry, k? Look something... Triggered." I couldn't think of a word to say after I told Sam I would never say that name again.

***

We brought the groceries back home and Pepper offered me a tour of Snoeshore.

I said yes of course and Sam just stayed at the house.

"Why do you guys call it... Snoeshore?" I asked Pepper.

"Come on, I'll show you." She said.

She brought me to a part of Snoeshore that had no snow at all.

"For some reason, one part of this place has snow and the other has a beach and they're connected even. The snow here never changes and so does the sunny shore." Pepper explained.

Many little kids and adults were swimming and making sandcastles. Some were eating ice cream or sunbathing.

"Great place." I said.

I went to a nearby ice cream stall and was surprised to see the owner.

"Sam?! You work here?!" I said in disbelief.

"Yup. I do. Pep never told you eh?" He said.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you. He must've teleported here like always." Pepper said.

"You want a flavor? Or an icescream pop?" He said.

"Hmm... Mango? I guess."

"One of my favorite flavors." He said.

He just levitated an ice cream scooper and scooped two scoops of some yellow mango ice cream into a cone.

"Here you go. 1 silver coin" He handed the icecream to me.

"I'll pay for her seeing as I haven't told her about the currency in this place." Pepper said flicking two silver coins at him. "One strawberry icescream pop for me too please big brother."

When I tried to bite the ice cream it shrieked.

"What the-" then I understood... Ice scream. Wow.

I bit it anyway. It stopped screaming. That's when I started enjoying it.

"Gettit? Ice scream? The kids love it." Sam said flipping a coin in the air.

"Come on, there's this place I know you'll love." Pepper said licking the last of her ice pop.

"Really? What does it have?"

"Secret. It's here in the sunny part of Snoeshore."

"You're fast." I said. "That icepop was gone real quick."

"I'm used to it." Pepper said throwing the stick into a trash can.

"You mean, used to eat." Sam said. His usual grin grew bigger. I'm sure he wanted to see what angry expression she would throw at him this time.

"Let's go." Pepper said dragging me away from the stall.

She showed me this amazing place where they sell different sporty stuff. I felt like I died and went to skateboard heaven.

I picked up this really cool one with white wheels and a black base and neon colored flame decals.

"How much is this stuff?" I asked Pepper.

"Mostly gold coins. They range from 50 to a thousand." She said fingering this skater skirt.

I checked the price tag on this one. 100 gold coins?! I can't anywhere near the money for this!!! Geez, only rich people can afford this stuff.

"Hey that... that's my board!" A guy shouted.

He was big, mean, his muscles were big, his skin was a clammy gray and he had dark black hair, a scar ran across his left eye and he had no right eyebrow. He wasn't wearing a shirt, he only wore brown shorts and dark blue sneakers.

"I was only checking it out! Second, it wasn't even paid for!" I retorted pointing at him, other hand on my hip to look brave.

"I don't listen to little ol' meddling, midget, twerps." He said.

"Aw... Trying to insult me? You really are such an idiot. This doesn't say it was even reserved!" I said.

"You wanna fight?" He told me.

"Fine. Fight me."

"Later, at the docks, 8:00 PM." He told me. "I'll pay for it now, the winner gets the board."

"Fine with me." I said. "If you're not afraid to lose."

We walked away he paid for it and left it in the shop.

"You're really gonna fight that ugly weirdo? He might crush you to bits!" Pepper said.

"It won't matter. I'm tired of being underestimated. I want some adventure right now." I told her.

"Well, let's finish the tour then I can drop you off at the docks when we're done."

***

I walked to the docks alone in the bright moonlight. The salty, seaside breeze blew past me. The gentle sound of the waves told me not to give up. I was ready to win. Or lose.

"So... You showed up after all." He told me. He was leaning against the wall smoking a cigar. He threw it at a barrel beside me.

"Let's get this over with." I told him. I took a weird but familiar stance to stand my ground. I don't know how this is familiar. As if I had fought before.

He charged forward, he didn't seem to have any magical power of some sort like Flaubert, Pepper, Sam and Tamsin.

He jumped and brought his fist down but I jumped out of the way.

He tried doing a side sweep but I kicked him in the face.

Blood trickled from down his nose. But he was smiling.

"You're one tough cookie." He said.

"But I'm not brittle." I told him shifting my feet in my defending stance.

I charged forward this time he was ready but was surprised when I jumped up and struck him behind his back and sweeped his feet.

He fell face flat on the floor. He spit out one of his teeth and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"I'm not as gentle as I look." I told him.

He charged forward at a great deal of speed. I truck a barrel and hurt my side. I stood up. Not ready to lose.

He faked a blow. When I ducked, he struck my face.

"Nice one, what's your name toughie?" I asked him.

"Fury." He told me.

"Heather." I told him.

"Heh." He struck me in the stomach.

I tried striking him back. I didn't want to kill him. I'd probably be in trouble. But what if I don't fight? Won't I die? I have to KO him somehow.

I jumped and struck his left side where he fell into the sea. I was speechless.

A few seconds later, he came back up. He had so many scratches but he was still smiling.

I charged forward for another blow but he didn't move at all.

"Stop. You win." He said. Still smiling. "You're a great fighter. A sense of dignity, focus, amazing sense agility, stamina, strength. You're a little rusty with your combat but well trained."

"Really?" I helped him up.

"The board is in that box over there." He fainted I guess. He fell and stopped talking.

I have to do something. I cant leave him here...

"I'll be back." I told him.

I skateboarded back to the front of Snoeshore. I met up with Pepper who was coming to pick me up and I explained to her about everything.

We helped Fury back to Peppers house and aided him.

***
"So... She spared another one hasn't she... She will learn to give love and friendship to others."

Silence swept the room as a gust flew by.

"Even if I have to hurt her again before she learns."

He smiled and looked up to the moonlit sky. Then, he laughed. His laughed sounded like chipmunks crossed with a bottle of helium with lots of people laughing with him at the same time even he was the only one there.

"She will learn to give that same love I showed her. Note to self... Aim for the heart. Not the leg.

He smiled again. Red eyes glowing brighter, smile more maniacal.

"...She will learn..."

***

"Where am I?" Fury said.

"Hi. It's me. Heather."

"About the battle, I'd like you to join Hearth's top line of defense." He told me.

"Why?"

"You have all the qualities of a true hero and warrior."

"I... No... I can't... It's an opportunity but I have to accomplish something else."

"Well... I'm second in command. And I'm sure the head... Scipes. Would love to use you in battle. Are you good with a sword?"

"Look. I don't wanna be part of a royal guard OK?" I told him.

***

When Fury recovered and left, he didn't have a smile anymore. Mostly a frown. I decided it was time to head forward for a while.

"Are you sure you wanna leave?" Pepper asked me.

"I have to keep going forward." I told her.

"Don't worry kid." Sam said holding my shoulders. "I'll... Keep an eye out for you. K?"

"So... Are you gonna poke your eye out and hold it for me?" I told him trying hard not to smile.

"What the-" he looked shocked. "I gettit. Nice one kid."

"Thanks guys. I'll come back to visit soon. Promise." I don't really like making promises but for these two? How could I say no to that.

"OK... At least leave tomorrow. There's a boat that will bring you to The Waterworks. It's faster than walking." Sam said.

"Here, bring your stuff. I'll give 20 silver coins. You'll earn more on the road." Pepper handed me a drawstring bag that jingled with clinking sounds. "And, a backpack instead of that crummy slingbag you have there. I'll give you my phone number too. In case."

I slept uneasily again that night and in the morning I set out. I went to the edge of Snoeshore. And went back to the docks. A boat was luckily headed toward the next location... The Waterworks.

The boat wasn't a fancy cruise or anything. Just the normal pirate ship type. Something was weird though, the captain and most of the crew had long noses, tails, ears and... They were real rats standing on two feet with non-rat hands and feet!

I checked a sign somewhere it said, Pierat Ship. Oh God, I'm in trouble. Please don't be mass murderers.

Not all of them were rats. Some of the crew were like Pepper, Sam, Tamsin and Flaubert.

I was bored, so I read my joke book and the fancy leather book to pass the time because around us were just waters. It's pretty boring.

And a few minutes later, when we were halfway there. They stopped the boat and pulled the anchor out.

"What the-" I said.

"Pie fight!!!" Some one shouted.

Random pies were thrown everywhere. Some of the passengers hid so I did the same. I hid in a secluded place... The storeroom.

No one came in there since it reeked of 3-week old pies and smelly fish.

A bell rang which meant we were there. I'm so walking or taking a different boat next time.

As we left the boat I heard voices that wouldn't stop repeating.

"What's that creepy voice?" I asked.

"Whispering willows." A man said.

I looked back to thank him for telling me that stuff, he was wearing yellow, a smiling face, red eyes, green pants, yellow hair... Oh. My. Flipping. God...No... It can't... Be... I can't be... Hallucinations... Right?!...

I looked forward. Then I looked back... He was still there... Going forward... He's real... This time...

I didnt look back again and I ran... and I ran... And I ran...Ran from my life... Ran from him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 1.4K 22
~A Lesbian Novel~ NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE OF PAPERBACK COPIES THROUGH www.lulupublishing.com !!!! (Will soon be available for global distribution...
83.5K 897 40
HELP WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS [also I am on hiatus bc im no longer in the sky fandom hahah....]
45 0 3
*** WARNING *** This story may be triggering for most readers, featuring explicit mentioning of abuse, emotional/physical abuse, rape, explicit abus...
5.7K 755 30
Dark Urban Fantasy | Vampire | Romance | LGBTQ+ Aura hated her work. Hated her life and hated her entire existence. She thought she ended it all but...