Here the Shadows Lie

By RachaelRose16

More

Here the Shadows Lie chapters 1-2
Here the Shadows Lie chapters 3-4
Here the Shadows Lie 5-6
Here the Shadows Lie 7-8
Here the Shadows Lie 9-10
Here the Shadows Lie 13-14
Here the Shadows Lie 15-16
Here the Shadows Lie 17-18
Here the Shadows Lie 19-20
Here the Shadows Lie 21-22
Here the Shadows Lie chapter 23
Here the Shadows Lie chapter 24
Here the Shadows Lie chapter 25
Here the Shadows Lie chapter 26
Here the Shadows Lie chapter 27
Here the Shadows Lie chapter 28

Here the Shadows Lie 11-12

386 20 7
By RachaelRose16

It's FINALLY OUT! WOOT WOOT!!! XD Hope you like it! Remember vote and comment, so I'll be inspired to write more!

Chapter 11

Dazed

Alexa's POV

My mind was in a haze when I could hear the engine of my neon stutter to a complete stop. There was a sweet sigh that I could hear from close by, but I ignored it, and rolled back over.

A small chuckle was muffled by my haze, but then something cold, and fleshy

wrapped around my body, and lifted me away from the car seat. I felt

around me, they were arms, and that's when I figured that they were Damian's. If I wasn't so out of it, I probably would have freaked out, or I would have wanted to freak out, but at that moment I was glad that I didn't have to move an inch.

I nuzzled my head into his stone chest involuntarily, and attempted to fall asleep again. Deep in his chest, I could hear his heart beat rapidly.

It was so soothing, and...NO! Stop thinking like that Alexa! You don't like him! He's a jerk, he will never like you!

My mind fuzzed up again with sleep, and I felt a cold chill surround us. He must have transported us to my room. I was laid down on something soft, and my shoes were taken off my feet. I curled up into a ball, then mumbled something that came out like,

" Don't....leaveee.."

I faintly heard footsteps coming near me. A cold hand brushed my stitched up cheek,

" Alexa....I...." but then another pair of footsteps were sprinting towards my door.

Damian's head shot up in alert, then stared back at me, a hint of concern on his stone cold face.

"Lori's coming, don't be reckless..." I heard him whisper harshly, waking me up a little more.

I opened my eyes meeting his strict crystal ones. The door creaked open a bit, and Damian was gone, leaving me in the belly of the beast.

The door shot opened, and the lights in my room flickered on, dilating my eyes.

An arm violently grabbed me out of my curled up ball, and dragged me out of the security of my bed.

"ALEXA! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!" Lori screeched so loud that I thought my ears were going to bleed.

Just what Damian would do, take me, and leave me without an explanation.

" I was out," I muttered pathetically.

" FOR THE WHOLE DAY!? Your school called saying that you were missing, your car was gone, and nobody knew where you were!"

I rolled my eyes, still drowsy," Like anyone would care."

Then Lori lifted her hand, and smacked me hard on my bad cheek.

I fell against my bed, and held my face. The whole room was quiet then. Lori gazed at her reddened hand that she had just hit me with in awe.

I stared at her with indescribable rage. I had never hated someone as much as her at that very moment. I stood up, and felt deep power rise inside of me. The whole room started to shake as my fists clenched together. I couldn't see Lori anymore, and my body wasn't controllable, everything in my head was screaming,

"KILL HER!"

"SHE DESERVES TO DIE"

" SHE WILL PAY"

And I couldn't stop.

I lost control of myself, and blacked out.

*******************************************************************

I struggled out of the darkness of my mind, and inspected my room. The lights were off, glass was again shattered everywhere, and it looked worse than after the fight.

What did I do?

I sat up from the hard ground, feeling the gash in my face. I swiped the cut with my hand, and saw blood. The ten stitches did no good. I crawled to the doorway, searching for the light switch, but something else caught my eye.

It was Lori.

I went over to her, and examined her body. She was laying down in a frozen position. Her eyes were wide with fright, and her hands were reaching out to nothing.

Then it occurred to me that I had done this. I started to hyperventilate.

I pressed my ear against her chest, she wasn't breathing, her heart wasn't beating, it was just emptiness.

" Oh my God!" I cried out desperately.

I hovered over her body, and the tears wouldn't stop falling, I couldn't have killed her! I couldn't have! I didn't have any control, what did I do!?

I needed help, I had to get her back.

"DAMIAN!!!!!!!!!" I screamed in anguish, hoping he would hear me.

I crawled back to the edge of my bed, and leaned on it, sobbing hard.

I killed her, I had killed my own foster mother.

And I didn't know how.

My tears stung my cheek, but it didn't matter to me anymore. I hated myself. I felt his familiar chill, but ignored it through my salt tears.

" Alexa?! What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Damian asked kneeling in front of me.

I shook my head violently, and pointed to where Lori laid.

He cocked his head in confusion, but immediately went to Lori's body. He checked for a pulse, and examined the whole body.

"Alexa..." he in a panicky tone," what happened?"

"Sh....she...slapped me...and I got... soo... angry. Andd...I don't remember what happened after that, I blacked out."

I wrapped myself in my arms, and wept.

Damian came over and held me, as I sobbed into him.

"Shhhh....it's alright...she's not dead."

" Don't lie to me! She's lying dead on my floor!" I wept even louder. Punching his hard chest.

He let me, and I knew it wasn't hurting him in the slightest, but I couldn't take it. How couldn't she be dead? She had no pulse. No heartbeat. And she wasn't even breathing!

Damian finally grabbed my wrists, freezing the punches,

" Stop sulking...she's still alive, or at least for now. I can get something to get her out of this paralytic state. Give me an hour, and I'll be back."

I bit my lip as the river of salty tears stained my face still. I nodded reluctant to let him leave, because being alone with her body made me nervous. The only thing that ran through my mind was,

I could have killed her.

And now he was leaving me alone with her again.

I grabbed his arm before he transported away," Wait." I whispered," I don't want to hurt her again."

He squeezed my hand," You won't, but I suggest you don't touch her. Until I fully understand what happened, you need to stay on your bed, and make sure no one comes up here ok? Can you handle that?"

I started shaking, but made a weak nod.

Damian released my hand, and vanished into the air, sending a chill down my spine.

My heart was beating loudly in my ears, and my blood rapidly coursing though my body. Everything in my body shook uncontrollably, and I couldn't even get the strength to move from the ground to the safety of my bed. I just couldn't keep my eyes off of Lori's unreal body. She looked as if she had been frozen for all eternity, her skin had a grayish tint to it, and her wild blue eyes glistened endless, showing unshed tears. I finally gained the courage to squirm over to my bed, covering myself in the cotton blankets.

As everything in the room went quiet, I heard voices, screaming in my head. They wouldn't stop, and it was saying things like,

"She's just a human..."

"We need you.....leave...."

" You don't belong.....and you never will!"

" Finish her off!"

I was breathing hard, trying to block them out as best as I could, but they were continuous. They actually made me want to kill my own foster mother. Then images started to flash in front of my eyes, and the screaming became louder.

The first chain of images started out with Lori on the floor, lying there like she was now. Yet, someone was standing over her, and....it looked like...me.

The images got clearer, and my face was flashed in front of me. My eyes were not my normal shade of purple, they were red, crimson red that blazed hatred for the world. My hands were covered in blood, and I was smiling deviously. It flashed back down to Lori, who's neck was sliced, and bloody hand marks coursed her body.

I screamed into my pillow, trying to make it stop. My wracked sobs washed over me again, and this time I sprinted to the farthest corner away from the door.

I sobbed loudly into my hands, and screamed on the top of my lungs, not caring who I disturbed. I felt as if I was mentally insane, there was no way out of my misery, and the voices wouldn't end. So I sat there, dazed in my own insecurity.

Chapter 12

Murderous Queen

Nia 3rd person *

Nia was strolling down the long, stone corridor in search of her newly assigned room.

"Number two twenty-eight..." she thought while gazing past the two hundreds. Down under the volcano was even worse than she had ever expected. It was damp, but dreadfully hot, and her nostrils flared up every time she breathed. The walls were charred, black stone that filled every corner of the place, and inside the rock was magma coursing through the volcano. It made the area around her a bit brighter, but not much at all. Nia trudged over to room 228, opening a burgundy door, and shutting it quick behind her. She sighed loudly, taking off her leather jacket, and slipping off the steal heeled boots she was wearing.

The room had no windows, of course not, candles burned orange and red around the room providing the only light. It was dim, but Nia didn't care about the light, all she needed was to relax, and get to work.

Before she was killed.

She threw her bag of possesions on the red silk bed, and went over to a desk in the corner of the room. It was made of blackened wood like everything else in the volcano, and it had a small purple candle as a light, but Nia didn't need it. All Shadows saw better in the dark, and worse in the light.

Nia pulled out a blueprint of the girl's house that she had stolen earlier from Kairos's courters. Just as she was about to start planning a loud bang shook her out of her concentration.

"Damn it..." Nia mumbled under her breath, tapping her pencil on the desk," come in....." she growled loud enough for the person to hear her.

A man with ruddy colored hair that came over the left side was his face entered the room. He leaned at the doorway, staring directly into Nia's fierce eyes, his sitting contently on his face.

" Well...? Is there any reason why you're just standing there staring like an idiot?" Nia spat.

The demon looking man came closer," Feisty aren't we?"

" I'm trying to work, get out of my face demon boy."

The man transported and slouched on Nia's blank blueprint,

"Hm...very feisty. And what gives you the idea that I'm the demon, love?" the man purred seductively, his eyes burning with lust.

Nia shoved him off of her desk, " I don't have time for your childish games, unless you have useful information that won't get me killed, I suggest you leave."

The man smiled evily, showing his teeth through his smirk,

"Now what if I told you that I did have useful information...then would you consider...."

Nia rolled her eyes in annoyance," Even if you could help me, I would never consider anything that included being with you."

The man chuckled, and brushed his hand over Nia's face, but she smacked his hand away.

" Sorry love, but it's a little late for that now."

Nia glowered at him, crossing her hands over her chest," And what makes you think that?"

" The fact that my name is Sage."

Nia smacked her head against her desk,

" You're joking right?"

" Nope, sorry love."

" You need to stop calling me that!"

Sage laughed," Not likely...." then just to stretch it," love."

"Fine, we'll play it your way demon boy."

He stared deviously, kissing her hand,

"I'm going to enjoy this mission very much."

Nia glared vigorously at him, and wiped his demonic spit off from her pale hand.

"Why couldn't life be a little fairer? Kill me now Kairos!"she thought.

"Note to self," she said calmer now outloud," don't trust anyone, especially demon boy.

Sage only grinned," Oh you know it babe."

Well I hoped you guys liked it! It took me long enough right!? Sorry about the cliffhanger, I'm trying to build up to something big but it's taking me sometime. Comment and Vote! Thanks

<3 Rachael

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 5.1K 65
124K 2.7K 25
𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵..... 𝗬/𝗻 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝟴𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗺𝘆, 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗵�...
118K 4.1K 23
dark mode highly suggested lowercase intended #1 in juul 😭
25.7K 583 24
A Raphael Santiago fanfic....