To Do List ||Tyvan/Vancat ||

By BlazeStarkRogers

To do list: • Come out to my friends. • Confess to Tyler. • Self wallow and eat a bucket of Ice Cream✔ More

II
III
IV

I

1.1K 57 18
By BlazeStarkRogers

To do list:
• Come out to my friends.
• Confess to Tyler.
• Self wallow and eat a bucket of Ice Cream✔

Well... At least I had one of those down. I sigh and rub at my face, before I sat back against my chair. I was in the middle of editing a video from a few days ago, when my eyes had landed on the now three year old to do list. God had it really been that long? It felt like 2013 was just a day ago. I frowned and turned my attention back to the computer screen.
I never had a 'first realization' of when I didn't just like women. I wasn't gay, because I still had an attraction to females, I just also had an attraction to males. I just never gave it a second thought. So when I told my mom, I was genuinely surprised that she had a shocked, almost taken back look on her face. I had just assumed that it was normal. She ended up telling my dad, which was alright in the end, because he accepted me. So I never had a problem with my parents on that aspect. (Although my mom does sometimes give me weird looks when I talk about a boy being attractive but she never says anything.)
I never really felt that I was different until I hit high school. I used to get bullied for being bi. People who I thought were my friends assumed that I would start hitting on them and completely abandoned me. I was alone for the first time in a long time, and I felt terrified. So when we moved to Toronto, I made new friends and I never told them that I had feelings for boys too. I was too scared that they would abandon me like my other friends did back in Ontario.
After that time period of my life, I just learned to hide it. People would abandon me if I didn't. Those were the words I always repeated in my head. When I started YouTube, I finally felt like I could be myself. Just playing games and making friends. And that was when I met Tyler.
Tyler was so unlike all the other people I had met over the years. He was so comfortable with himself, so confident. I looked up to him. I wanted to be more like him, I wanted to be able to jus be myself and goof around without fearing what others had to say. He was like a burning flame, burning so bright that sometimes it hurt to be with him. And yet I would still look for him in a crowd, I would constantly be with him because he made me feel like I could shine, even if just for a little while. It was because of this, that I slowly started to fall in love with him. Despite the fact that we had never met, I just loved being with him, listening to his adorable accent along with his laugh. And god I loved making him laugh. When I finally realized that I was completely in love with him, I became terrified. I hadn't told any of my friends that I was bi. And I especially hadn't told Tyler. So I decided that I just wouldn't tell him. I could handle him not loving me back, I could handle never telling him, I could handle him getting a girlfriend. But I wouldn't ever be able to handle Tyler never speaking to me again. Tyler completely leaving me. It would hurt too much.
Eventually, when our little group got much bigger, I realized that there were other friends like me. Johnathan was bi as well, Marcel was pans, Brian and Brock were both gay. I felt like I could belong. But I.. I still hadn't told them. I had this irrational fear that they wouldn't accept me.
And that was when I decided to make a To do list. I promised myself that by the end of this year, I would accomplish each and every one of those things. The number being only three, I figured the it couldn't be that hard, right?
Boy was I so wrong. It turns out, I was a bigger chicken then I first imagined. I haven't been able to muster up the courage to tell them. Or to confess to Tyler. The only thing I've done is self wallow in my own pity and eat a tub of ice cream every other day. And I've had that list for three years. Three, God damn years.
I slammed my fist on the desk, making my plate and my pens rattle as I stood up. "That's it!" I yelled, determination in my voice. I marched to my cell phone that was charging in the corner of my bed, and picked it up. I opened it up and called the first number that popped up on my contact list, not looking at whose name it was. It didn't matter it was. I was going to do this no matter-
"Hey Evan."
I screamed and threw my phone to the wall making it break apart when I heard Tyler's voice.
Tyler. Of all people I had to call Tyler?! I looked at my shattered phone in forlorn and wiped my hand up and down my face. "Great. Not only did I chicken out and not tell Tyler, but I broke my phone too." I mumbled, walking over to my phone. I bent down and picked up the sad broken phone, and sighed again. Dad was going to get pissed. I swallowed hard and out a brave face on as I went down the stairs, peeking into the living room. My dad was sitting in the recliner, watching a hockey game live. I shyly walked forward. "E- Erm... Dad?" He looked up from his game towards me. "What is it, Evan?" I swallowed hard, before coming right out with it. "I broke my phone against a wall."
Dad rose an eyebrow at me, before shaking his head. "Put it in the kitchen, I'll get you a new one tomorrow." I blinked in surprise. "Wait.. What? Aren't you mad at me?"
"Evan you break your phone at least once a month. I am very used to it by now. We have a warranty on it an everything. Now can I please get back to my hockey game?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...