The Alpha's Mermaid [COMPLETE]

By AshlyNikkii

Do you know what mermaids love? The open water, swimming with their fish friends, laughing all day long.... Y... More

Prologue - Family Gathering
Chapter 1 - Beached
Chapter 2 - Sleep
Chapter 3 - Green Eyes
Chapter 4 - Silk Sheets
Chapter 5 - Tooth Fairy
Chapter 6 - Luna
Chapter 7 - Toast
Chapter 8 - Sore Subject
Chapter 9 - Dungeon Part 1
Chapter 9 - Dungeon Part 2
Chapter 10 - Seaweed Sundaes
Chapter 11 - The Promise
Chapter 12 - Visitor Part 1
Chapter 12 - Visitor Part 2
Chapter 13 - Moon Hormones
Chapter 14 - The Whispers
Chapter 16 - They need an Alpha
Chapter 17 - Never Let Go Part 1
Chapter 17 - Never Let Go Part 2
Chapter 18 - Pride
Chapter 19 - Destiny
Chapter 20 - Clues
Chapter 21 - James Bond of the Sea
Chapter 22 - Don't Fight Part 1
Chapter 22 - Dont Fight Part 2
Chapter 23 - Hugs
Chapter 24 - Busy At Work
Chapter 25 - I Do
Someone copied my book.

Chapter 15 - My Domain

186K 5.9K 1K
By AshlyNikkii

Linked the song ‘Control’ by Halsey because…..well, she's awesome.🙊😂🎀

----------------------------------------

Darkness.

Nice, comforting……..darkness.

It was peaceful, an all too familiar feeling to me as I lay in a blissful rest. I could stay in it forever……..

Ouch.

Well, that was short lived.

I felt pain course through my head and my senses slowly return to me, all the feeling coming back to me as I began to gain consciousness again. My eyes shot open as all the feelings shot back through me, but I quickly regretted it when the sun shone down on me from directly above.

I groaned and turned over, suddenly realizing I was on a rough surface. I slowly sat up, pushing myself up on my shaky arms as I squinted my eyes and blinked as everything began to come into focus. I was on a rocky surface, but why?

I lifted my head up more as I stood on shaky legs and slowly stood up straight and looked around.

I was on an island.

It was small and rocky, with no land in sight. I could take five steps and be on the other side of the island, it was that small, with only a single palm tree blowing in the wind as the only sign of life. I felt the breeze blow by, and I wrapped my arms around myself as I felt goosebumps rise on my bare legs. Realization suddenly hit me and I looked down at my legs to realize that my pants were gone.

My crop top and cardigan were still on, but the cardigan had lots of rips and tears in it. I knew that I mist of swam here from my lack of pants, buy I can't recall.

The full moon.

I felt my anxiety rise as I recalled the full moon last night, but I can't remember what happened. Where was I? Was there any land? What happened to Xavier….?

I quickly jumped into the water, my thoughts set on swimming back and finding out what happened last night before its too late.

Ugh! These fish were completely useless!

I was asking all the fish within a mile radius, but none of them could recall seeing me last night. Talk about goldfish memory.

I gave up after a while and sighed in frustration. I then began to ask for the nearest sign of land, and a kind clownfish pointed me in a direction. I thanked him before swimming in that direction at full speed.

I began recalling memories of swimming in open waters with my brothers, sadly smiling to myself. We usually didn't, due to the danger of sharks and because I'm the youngest, but sometimes my brothers would sneak me out and we'd swim and chase each other in the open waters during the early morning.

After an hour or so of swimming, I came to a stop, exhausted. I swam into the deeper depths and noticed a cave and decided to rest inside since I didn't want to be exposed while I was resting.

The entrance was small, but thankfully for my petite frame and small tail I was able to fit through after a bit of wiggling. The cave was dark, but ahead I saw a bit of light coming from deeper inside the cave. I swam towards the light, passing some mean-looking fish along the way but said nothing as they glared at me for disrupting their naps.

I came to a spot at the end of the cave with blue coral and glowing stalactites hanging from the ceiling providing the light. I swam over to a large, smooth rock towards the center and laid down, heaving sigh as I stood up at the stalactites in deep thought.

I must have been more tired than I thought, because I soon drifted into a deep sleep.

*:・゚✧ Calistas Dream *:・゚✧

I relished as the cool water hit my face as my tail formed quickly after submerging myself into the water after jumping off the cliff.

I could head them above the water, well, mainly him.

Xavier.

I hissed up at the surface, knowing he couldn't hear me.

He couldn't get me down here.

I quickly looked around, my body anxious since I haven't felt the saltwater and open ocean for a while. I looked to my right and see a pod of dolphins swimming fast off into the waters, and I let out a call to them, which they returned. I quickly swam over and caught up and began to swim off with them.

I had to get away from here and find my family.

I heard the motor of a boat suddenly hit my ears as I emerged from the water before quickly going back under. I was bobbing in the water as I swam along with the dolphins, and I quickly turned and saw a boat close behind us with him on it.

Xavier.

I knew he was shouting something, but I ignored him a and urged myself to swim faster. Even though my senses were heightened, I still was fast enough with my small frame and tail.

I always was too slow and weak.

Then I saw it. A net.

He was trying to catch me.

The dolphins around me began to panic and started screaming and screeching in fear and got thrown off course. I was in the center and we soon became uncoordinated with all the dolphins and got confused in the frenzy. I was so distracted, I didn't notice the other boats circle us in.

I felt a net catch the tip of my tail and I quickly shook it off as I saw another one come towards me. I swam up to the surface to avoid another net, but instantly regretted it when I surfaced.

I saw Xavier. He was staring at me in what….shock, disbelief…...disgust.

I couldn't tell, and I didn't want to.

I hissed at him when I saw one of his pack members throw a net towards me, which I swiftly dodged.

“Don't hurt her!”

I looked at Xavier in disbelief.

He didn't want to hurt me, then why was he doing this?

In my deep thought as I stared up at him, I felt a net go over my head. I quickly hissed and tried to swim away, but it was no use.

He caught me.

He tricked me, distracted me, captured me, and betrayed me…….

I struggled in the nets as three men had to pull me onto the boat. As soon as I was on the deck I started flopping like a fish out of water. Literally. I was so desperate to get back in.

Xavier came over and kneeled down next to me, studying em. I hissed in response.

“I'm not going to hurt you.”

Ha. I spat in his face.

He looked a bit annoyed, but got closer to me and I didn't like it. I let out a warning his which he ignored again.

“Is that you Calista?”

I narrowed my eyes at him, but didn't hiss. I saw a sadness in his eyes when mine locked with his and for a small moment, I felt bad he watched me become this. That feeling quickly faded after he removed the net.

I didn't move, didn't dare too.

I was free, but didn't immediately run. I saw Xavier stand up and scoop me and my tail up, and although I enjoyed his closeness, I took this as my chance.

When he started walking along the edge of the deck, I quickly whirled my body around, slapping him with my large blue tail causing him to let go and I jumped into the water.

I know they would just keep following me, and I couldn't allow that.

I swam a few yards away from the boat, before mad dashing towards the boat and throwing my body into the air and breaking the surface as I glided into the air over the boat, and when I came down on the other side I had one of his pack mates in my clutches.

The moon shined down on me as I hissed at him and he struggled to hold his breath and tried to swim away from me, fear in his eyes.

On the surface, I may look weak.

But under the surface, this was my domain. And I ruled.

I swam down using fast hyper speed and dragged him down with me further into the depths out of sight of the other member of the pack.

I was the only one that came back up.

I held the coral I gathered in my hand tightly as I swam under the boat and and used the hard coral to smash the bottom of the boat, causing a huge hole and water start to fill up the boat. I quickly moved to the other boats.

We were out at sea, so they wouldn't be able to get back. They wouldn't be able to stop me.

I dropped the coral after making the hole big enough for my liking and quickly swam off into the directions of the pod of dolphins that had gone. I heard panics and screams, but strangely I felt no remorse.

You can't keep me away from the ocean. My home.

----------------------------

HOLD YOUR PITCHFORK’S, I CAN EXPLAIN MY ABSENCE.

I've been really busy with mid-terms and exams, and I only had a few days for spring break and I just wanted to relax, so I delayed writing this chapter. I'm sowwyyyy.😢

ALSO, I noticed some spelling errors and what not, and when the book is finished I will edit the whole thing.

I love you guys. SERIOUSLY, like I never thought I'd ever write a book that got more than 20 reads and you guys make my day with all your comments, reads, and votes!

Have a lovely day! 💕

∞ ♢ αshley♢ ∞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203 17 55
!THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT! IF YOU SEE ANY GRAMMAR/FORMATTING MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Welcome to the world of Cigam, where magic is all over! The w...
268K 8.8K 34
❝𝘼 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙖.❞ Thesia Mauri is a a creature that lies be...
380 3 26
Alice is a mermaid with a werewolf mate. Just the idea of a mate is enough to want to make her take off for the hills, but add the fact that he's a w...