Gay Chicken | ✓

By PandaGuts

"They have belligerent sexual tension." "What does that even mean?" --- James and Casper have been fighting... More

Gay Chicken
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
The Long-awaited {26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
Epilogue

{10}

104K 4.3K 9.6K
By PandaGuts

Chapter 10

As usual with Casper's friends, things were planned right at the last minute and Casper ended up running late to get to the hastily decided meeting place; A park, which ironically, Casper lived the closest too.

He probably had fifty or so unread texts asking where he was and double the amount of missed calls. The first lines of All Time Low's Weightless blasting from his phone every five seconds -which he refused to answer -was not helping his mood in the slightest. He was so changing his ringtone later on.

He had all but rushed his eyeliner and brushed a hand through his unruly hair and flying out the door when almost all but flew over someone sitting on his door step with bright red hair.

Casper groaned after he had regained his balance by hopping on one foot until he was sure he wasn't going to topple over anyway, of course he had waited.

After the scene in the library Casper and James had pretty much gone back to their fighting and abusive ways and Casper questioned why he ever missed it in the first place. Why he ever missed James. He was a top class ass hole.

Still, Casper couldn't help but give a small smile at the sight of James' bright red hair before replacing it with a scowl before so called red head didn't see it. Somehow he knew that James would probably bring it up to any him the whole day and Casper would end up cracking him in the jaw and just ruin everything and Daniel would never talk to him again.

"You're late, Alice." James smirked, another thing that Casper wondered why he ever missed, it was infuriating.

"And?" Casper gritted his teeth," so are you."

James got on his feet and dusted off his jeans.

"Ah, but I mean to be late. Can't seem too eager to meet this so called dream boat."

Casper narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything about James' mocking tone, I mean, if he did every time then he'd have to waste his time and actually reply to James every time the bastard opened his goddamn mouth.

He started walking down the street, in direction to the park. He wasn't going to be even more late by starting another fight with James. Though it was hard as the freaking bastard had opened a packet of peppermint chewing gum, and not offering Casper a strip, then chewing excessively and obnoxiously loud. He felt like clocking him right there and then.

That was the thing though, they were fighting way more than they used too and mostly because James being a little huffy and short tempered than usual. Mostly it was Casper that would snap at people, more at James than anyone else because he was naturally crabby but in the past week it was as if they had reversed roles: Casper was the one doing most of the poking fun and James was the one that would snap and turn it into a full blown argument that caused everyone that wasn't involved to roll their eyes at the pair, not realising that in their relief of thinking things were back to normal that it wasn't the case. Something was up with James and Casper just wished that James or someone that wasn't him could just figure it out and move on because he was starting to irritate Casper more than he ever did.

He looked at him now, going on about god knows what, chewing that fucking gum, as they walked down the street in the direction to the park. He never really noticed how tall he was compared to him, almost a head size difference. He could see just how long his eye lashes were from where he was and how the green eyes they framed were crinkled and sparkled as he grinned with those perfect teeth of his.

Suddenly Casper had a new found hate for him. Someone with such a rotten personality like his couldn't be so damn attractive. But there he was, James Davidson, living proof of the injustice of the world.

"Like what you see?" James smiled slyly at him.

Before Casper could even retaliate to say "Fuck no" or something along those lines- even if he didn't really know anymore if he liked that stupid pretty face not- there was a high pitched shout.

"CASPER!" came Darla's voice over the short field of grass where, right slap bang in the middle, was Crawford park. "JAMES!"

Casper waved over to her, sharing an eye roll with James as she got up from one of the swings and started skipping across the grass to them.

Soon they were engulfed in a strong aroma of sweet perfume as Darla wrapped her arms around both the boys, making them knock heads and groan into her pink locks.

"Fuck sake, Darla." James complained as she released them, rubbing his head. "And how thick is your skull, Jesus Christ?" Casper glared at him while rubbing his head on his sore spot. He could feel a bruise coming on. And his skull was thick? James would find it was head that had a little too much skull than brain.

"You guys are so late, everyone has already met Daniel!" Darla exclaimed, motioning towards the park and then running to the gate." Come on!"

"I might actually faint when I see him. Oh my God I am so happy" James said in monotone.

"Don't be such a jerk," Casper hissed quietly as they approached the park.

The park was a living ghost of what was childhood; abandoned, forgotten and rotting into nothing but it was still there. It consisted of a set of swings, a seesaw, a climbing frame and a slide. The metal structures were corroded; rust surrounding every inch of each of them with few flecks of blue and yellow paint about them. The swings were the only thing there that could be used if you didn't mid the constant squeak of years of unoiled metal and the small shower of rust that fell on you like orange snow. Really all structures were avoided. The place was now only used for drug deals and for misfit teenagers to hang about (hence Casper and friends).

Daniel was in amongst his friends looking comfortable instead of the awkward state Casper had imagined him to be in. He felt a prick of jealousy but then he felt ridiculous. Daniel was one cool guy, really friendly; of course he wouldn't feel uneasy with meeting new people. Or if he did he sure didn't show it.

"You doing all right there buddy?" Casper asked Daniel although he already knew he was fine. He gave a quick nod and a grin. "I guess the only other person you've to meet is James here." Casper thumbed behind him where he knew James was.

"I'm p-paralysed with happiness." James said in a mock posh accent which had Hedgehog and Logan snort slightly. Casper rolled his eyes to the heavens and elbowed him. Hard.

He heard a satisfying 'oof' and a groan that followed.

"You don't actually have to though," Casper said."He's no one special."

"But I'm your special person, aren't I babe?"

With a capital R.

Casper ignored him and went to sit down next to Darla and Daniel on the left side of rubber which rectangled around the swings. Casper rocked onto his ass and turned his head to smile at Daniel which he returned.

"So I guess everyone is treating you right then."

"Yeah," Daniel assured with a grin," they're all brilliant."

"Oh stop it you," Logan said, pretending to hide behind his shoulder in an embarrassed way. There was a slight laugh around the group of teenagers. Logan was probably the beefiest looking guy, apart from Hedgehog's dad, you would ever see. He was built like a tree with big trunks you would call arms and legs and he was solid. Seeing him goof around and act cutesy was a comical sight to behold.

"Oh Cas." Darla exclaimed, turning her body and reaching into her Vans backpack and pulling out a shirt." Your shirt, I still had it."

Obviously.

She scrunched it up in her hands before flinging it. Casper just barely caught it, and doing a little dance with it before his dear friends Finn and Jake were settled in his hands. How he had missed them.

"Left your shirt at Darla's, eh." James said with an implying tone, wriggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up you pig." Darla shouted at him."I was doing him a favour, I mean honestly Cas you shouldn't wear big baggy shirts like that, you have a sexy ass bod underneath there."

Casper blushed. My God, really? Did she really have to start this discussion here?

"I don't care about that," Casper tried to protest," I like my baggy shirts."

"But you looked so fine on Saturday." Darla pressed on. "Didn't he Daniel?" She turned to him and he gave a awkward shocked look at Darla then looked between them in conflict. Casper prayed that he just said nothing.

"Y-yeah," Daniel said with nod." You looked good."

Casper wanted to die.

"See!" Darla said triumphantly.

Casper looked away, blood rushing to his face, ready to call Darla out Darla but he was bet to the punch.

"Oh piss of Darla!" James burst out, his nose scrunched up in annoyance."He can wear what he wants, it is his choice. He clearly doesn't like the topic so drop it."

Casper was shocked. He stared at the red head, as did the rest of his friends, in complete surprise. James never stood up for Casper. He didn't need it mind you but, wow.

"And you," James pointed to Daniel, who had his head down which quickly flicked up. It was over, any gratitude and slight affection for James was gone. He knew where this was going. "Don't think you can just waltz in here and think you have an option with people you don't even -"

"James." Casper said.

"-know." He continued," You can't just come here, be welcomed and try and change things about us, right?"

"I- I wasn't trying to-" Daniel tried to put in.

But James wasn't finished,"-because I can expect that shit from Darla because she's a cow-"

"Hey!"

"-But I know her and so we don't take her that seriously. But you, you have a fucking cheek to-"

"James." Casper said more firmly."

"-make people feel uncomfortable about the way they look outside of what you see-"

"I-i'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"-what if I said to you that you look like a pretentious hippy that needs a wash and a hair cut because let me tell you-"

"JAMES!" Casper screamed. This time finally looked up at him, a look in his eyes that said what? I'm doing nothing wrong here. "That's enough."

"But I'm not even half way done yet, "said James." This bastard need to know that he can't-"

"I said that's enough!" Casper warned. "Just stop."

He stared at James, a determined look still his in green eyes but Casper was furious and soon James had broke eye contact and took interest on a small blade of grass that had made its way through the concrete and rubber.

"You alright Dan?" Casper asked for the second time today. This time the sandy haired boy hesitated before nodding his paled face, he gave a reassuring smile after he saw Casper's look of concern.

"Fuck this." James announced, getting up and stalking off.

"Oh no you don't." Casper caught up with him, grabbing his arm." We need to talk."

He dragged the taller boy across the grass, to the park's path and round the corner.

"What is your problem!" Casper hissed once they were out of sight.

"I don't know what you're talking about." James said, refusing to meet his eyes and his arms crossed in a defiant way with a, honest to God, pout on his lips. Jesus, he was a child.

"You know exactly what I am talking about." Casper said angrily, prodding James in the chest- which was way harder than he imagined it too be-like wow. James' surprising firmness of his chest caused a momentarily distraction. He hadn't actually touch James at all since... he shook his head in disbelief. Now was not the time, if ever.

"Why are you being such a dick to Daniel?"

"He's the one being a dick!"

"As if." Casper snorted."Dan hasn't done a thing and still didn't even when you were being a complete asshole! Dan doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He is the nicest guy ever.

James finally looked at Casper but was twisted into a sneer." Well isn't that absolutely fantastic."

James spat out his gum in the grass in anger, which was just gross.

Casper glared and balled his fists. He was being unreasonably mean. Daniel hadn't done anything wrong whatsoever. Casper watched as James frowned further to the ground. He didn't understand why James was being like this, he was usually a nice guy (though Casper hated to admit) to those he first met. Casper even thought that if he were friends with Daniel then James would no doubt end up being his too. The never ending curse of fate was enviable that way. Daniel had a lot in common with Casper and James had a lot in common with Casper. He and James shared all the same friends and it seemed Daniel had been quickly taken a liking to by all of them too. Casper had been even a little worried that Daniel and James would hit it off more so than anybody else because of the similarities in interests but just now none of his concern was necessary. The curse of fate had in some way broke or tore a little and instead of rejoicing over it Casper was a little peeved off.

James was being weird and Casper didn't know why.

"Come on, "Casper urged."There must be a reason why you're acting this way."

James huffed."Why must there be a reason? What if I just don't like him."

"Because he has literally done nothing for you to not." Casper insisted. "You just need to get to know him. He's honestly an awesome guy and you-"

"Well, why don't you just go back if he's so fucking perfect!" James snapped. "It's not like we're actually friends, or that you even care about me. Why are you even here talking to me when you could be having the time of your fucking life over there with Mr oh-so-perfect."

A twinge of anger came over Casper. He was just trying to be the better guy here.

"Fine, " Casper yelled, standing up to his full height." I will."

"Good." James retorted, crowding into his space.

"Great." Casper said softer, looking him dead in the eye and - he was struck again at the altogether green of his eyes. Probably the bright colour of green he had ever seen for an eye colour, why hadn't he noticed such a beautiful thing before? As he stared deeply into them he saw the pupils slightly dilate and the hitch of James' breath just as he, himself, forgot the process of breathing.

"Great." James finally breathed, their foreheads were touching and he could feel the way he said it on his face; light and tasting of peppermint. All he could see was green until they suddenly dived right into his pools of blue and they were kissing.

Casper groaned in surprise as James crash his lips to his and took it all in; the smell of James' aftershave mixed with peppermint surrounding him and the not so soft lips but also not so rough and in seconds he was kissing him back, just as forcefully.

And then it was over as soon as it started. Casper opened his eyes quickly at the abrupt disappearance of lips and body heat melting with his own. He saw James looking down at him with wide eyes, hand ruffling through his hair nervously. And Casper was now totally aware of what had just happened. He felt his face flame as he looked to the ground.

"Erm.." James started. "I better... you'd better going back and.. uh... yeah."

If James could hardly speak Casper was screwed, so he nodded his head in a shameful way, not daring to look up.

"I think I'll just, uh... leave just now- tell them I left."

Casper nodded again, just barely hearing him as his blood roared in his ears, watching as James feet moved out of his downwards sight.

Not fucking again.

Why did James do that? And why in god's name did he do it back?

He wasn't drunk this time and neither was James. There was no excuse except that he had wanted to kiss Casper... Casper had obviously wanted that too.

And he still did, he realised.

He liked it, and this time he knew for sure.

He stayed there for another few moments, taking deep breathes and straightening his shirt and fixing his hair; making his thumb bleed again by biting down too hard before deciding to head back before they all got overly suspicious.

He was in a vacant mood when he reached the gang again.

"Where's Jay?" Logan asked.

"Why- why would I know?" Casper mumbled.

"Uh..." Darla started," maybe because you dragged him off?"

"He went home..." Casper said in a dazed before he shook his head and realised all eyes were on him." Good riddance." He tried to scoff and poorly at that.

No one said anything.

"You look a little nervous there, Cas." Darla implied with a smirk." Nothing happened back there did it?"

"What n-"

"Nothing extremely plot twistening?" Daisy joined in.

Everyone laughed except Casper who was furious and Daniel, who was confused.

"Not this again. Seriously let it go."

"I'll let it go when you admit it." Darla countered. They stared at each other in challenge until Casper huffed and looked away, he could feel the size of Darla's grin from where he sat.

"Erm... admit what.. exactly?" Daniel piped up. Of course he had to ask, sweet Daniel.

"That him and James are secretly dating, duh." Darla answered with a turn of her head.

"Not going to fucking happen, because it isn't fucking true."

"Oh shush you. We all know."

"They have belligerent sexual tension." Daisy said in a hushed tone, Hedgehog laughed into her shoulder.

"What does that even mean?" Casper cried.

"Wait they are or they aren't?" Daniel said, genuinely confused.

"They are." Everyone said as Casper said "Aren't."

If anything Daniel was even more confused that he previously was, he wouldn't be surprised if he never talked to him again after this. His friends were annoying and they all hung out with a bastard that he would be happy to get rid of if he had a chance.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

Well that makes two of us, Casper thought tracing his thumb across his lips; now sensitive and tingling with the smell of peppermint.

~~~~

haha, well this took way too long. i am literally embarrassed how long I take at uploading. like the people I follow upload like twice a day on different stories and I have one. Sorry.

Here are my excuses though! School started in like August and it is pure hell. Higher is way harder than I expected it too be. Already failing Chem and almost got kicked out of Art. And to boot NABs are coming up in like two weeks DX I am freaking out. Also something is going on with VirginMedia's broadband in my area so internet as been on and off since friday. Some freaky shit. My house without internet!? We were all near insanity.

In English we've just finished reading The Great Gatsby, freaking love that book. Everyone should read it if they haven't already. Kudos to the people that spot the reference!

Thank you for reading!! :) Please leave a comment and tell me what you think as I noticed they actually are motivational apparently. Comments on the last chapter was so nice, I love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 21.7K 39
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢...
47.2K 1.7K 70
Having moved on from the devastating heartbreak, Valentine swore to stay single until he finds the right one worthy of his love. But when Valentine a...
556 15 7
[Explicit content] Two competitive rivals take a game a little bit too far, both boys claim to be straight, but will a game of gay chicken prove the...
173K 6.7K 17
All Travis wants is a little action, not a boyfriend. It starts because Travis is bored, but fooling around with your best friend can get a little me...